[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtc ZbN0Z08c What happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcZbN0Z08c

What happened to animation like this?
>>
>>91789347
It's too much money to waste on kids
>>
>>91789347
Water is a renewable resource, so this is highly misleading.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9nq-HUHpdY

I'm just weirded out by the links on that video.
>>
>>91789637
t. carl
>>
>>91789347
Fucking Elmo
>>
>>91789637
this
>>
>>91789637
>>91790169
Renewable doesn't mean infinite

If your community uses fresh water faster than the local reserves can be replenished, you're gonna run into problems at some point
>>
>>91789637
It's great that you live in along the Mississippi, anon, but for most places, local water reserves are a serious ecological issue. And often times a serious foundation issue, if the aquifer gets too drained.
>>
>>91790292
Not that anon, but even if we ran out of fresh water for a period of time everyone would just collect rain water.
It pours atleast 3 times a week where I live during the summer months.
>>
>>91789347
>1996: Sesame Street is made possible through the support of viewers like you. Thank you.
>2016: Well fuck you, guys, we're going to HBO. Enjoy your shitty Odd Squad and Flash-animated Arthur episodes.
>>
>>91790368
Enjoy all the new neighbors that come by to do the same until the government asks everyone not to collect rain water so the ground doesn't dry up and sink hole become as common as a full moon.
>>
>>91790416
HBO is entirely subscription supported, it's the same thing except now they're not subject to the whims of donors and congress.
>>
>>91790466
I doubt that everyone would collect so much rain that it would cause the ground to dry up.

Besides, most of it will return to the soil any way. When we drink water it doesnt just stay inside of us forever
>>
>>91790368
Depending on where you live, things that can happen if the water tables get too low:
-Sinkholes would start forming, potentially of devastating size
-Lakes/rivers get too small and crowded with junk, killing off important fauna and bacteria which would completely destabilize the ecosystem.
-The entire sewer system would pretty much self-destruct because these things are never meant to depressurize.
-Natural filtration systems would stop functioning, causing various toxic natural run-offs to accumulate.
>>
>>91790793
frick
>>
>>91790368
>at least 3 times a week
jelly.
>>
>>91791017
Don't be.
Place is full of fucking mosquitoes as a result and its always humid.
Not to mention muddy and swampy as fuck.
>>
>>91790368
>It pours atleast 3 times a week

God, I'm jealous. Here in Central Florida we haven't gotten rain in weeks.
>>
File: 1488663154484.jpg (93KB, 511x553px) Image search: [Google]
1488663154484.jpg
93KB, 511x553px
>>91789637
It does renew, but at a finite rate; using it faster than you can get more of it means less of it for other people and the ecosystem. And this isn't getting into the southwest and California.

>live in the southeastern US
>tfw we're doomed to permanent drought
>>
File: 2000px-Canada_Maple_Leaf.svg.png (61KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Canada_Maple_Leaf.svg.png
61KB, 2000x2000px
>>91790292
>>91790340
>>91793256
Actually, I'm from Canada. Despite all the bullshit, at least a lack of fresh water isn't a problem there.
>>
>>91793342
I'm surprised there hasn't been a novel or series about Canada become humanity's last refuge after a great water shortage and catastrophic climate change.
>>
>>91793630
Because it would be unrealistic. Nobody wants to live there. Most Canadians are fleeing to the US.
Even something like a water shortage won't make Canada much more attractive of a destination.
>>
File: im so confused about ur bullshit.jpg (186KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
im so confused about ur bullshit.jpg
186KB, 1023x682px
>>91790368
>hurr durr the water table has nothing to do with agriculture it's all fine
>>
>>91790340
maybe you should've thought about that before you started a city in the fucking desert
>>
>>91793709
What's so bad about Canada, outside of Vancouver if the housing problem really is that bad? It's cold, sure, but so are some states and parts of Europe.

>be >>91793256
>wintertime
>basically spring with less pollen at its worst
>if you teleported someone there on Christmas they'd think it finally got moved to July
>>
>>91794255
There are neither jobs nor affordable housing anywhere, and where one is slightly better the other is proportionately worse. Also, there is literally nothing to do in the country, because there are basically all of two cities in it, and the rest may as well be forest. And it's fucking cold.
>>
>>91791264
>>91791017
move to rural scotland
it rains more or less daily outside about one nice week in summer. :^)
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.