[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel's 'Legacy' will 'break the internet,'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 512
Thread images: 46

File: MARVEL LEGACY.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
MARVEL LEGACY.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>"Let's just say there's a last-page reveal that's probably gonna break the Internet."

>It all begins this fall with "Marvel Legacy No. 1," an over-sized, one-shot special that's 50 pages in all. It's written by Jason Aaron with art by Esad Ribic and features a special, 4-panel, fold-out cover by Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada.

>Alonso, Marvel's editor-in-chief, told that this is a book that is going to send shockwaves throughout the comic book industry.

>"That story functions as a preview of what's to come. It's chocked full of twists, surprises, Easter eggs, and let's just say, a last-page reveal that’s probably gonna break the internet," he said. "It's a big moment, something we continually get asked about. We are going to answer that question."

>Easter eggs -- hidden nods to longtime fans -- are at the core of what "Legacy" is attempting to do, Alonso said. The content will be exciting for new fans, but will also pay off in a different way for hardcore fans of the Marvel Universe.

>"With 'Legacy,' we want to tell stories that are accessible to all, but remind readers of Marvel’s rich history,” he said. “To drive that point home, a number of our titles will return to their original series numbering, and our stories will invoke that history, reminding readers of connections between characters they may have forgotten about, and ushering in the return of some big characters who’ve been missed. Above all else, we want to inject our comics with a massive dose of fun."

>He continued, "I think 'Legacy' will also prove that absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder."

>"Legacy" will also finally answer some of fans' questions about their beloved characters, including if the universe is big enough for Miles Morales and Peter Parker to both be Spider-Man. The same will be answered about whether Riri Williams and Tony Stark can both be Iron Man.
>>
>The key here though, Alonso said, is that there are no old characters or new characters, there are just Marvel superheroes.

>"Legacy" will follow another initiative, "Secret Empire," where the heroes finally get caught up to speed on what readers have known for months -- that Captain America is actually a Hydra agent. Alonso said that series will be a rallying cry and unifying factor for the heroes before we get to "Legacy."

>"None of 'Legacy' hinges on the death of a major character at all," he added. "A lot of this may hinge on some resurrections. If there ever were a time to bring back characters, it would be during the 'Legacy' era."

>The series will span the entire universe and touch on the "glory days" of characters like Odinson, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, the Avengers, America Chavez, Iron Man, Moon Knight, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, the X-Men and many others.

>The aesthetic of "Legacy" will be a trip for longtime fans as well, with little vestiges from the past like the cover value stamp and corner box art that Marvel used years ago.

>"As a kid, I remember ruining some of my comics by cutting out the value stamp," Alonso admitted. "I had 'Incredible Hulk' No. 181 and I cut the value stamp out, what was I thinking?!"

>That issue was the very first full appearance of Wolverine in 1974.

>"We are going to remind generations about that history," Alonso promised.
>>
>>91780192
>features a special, 4-panel, fold-out cover of Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada
Why would anyone want that?
>>
>>91780192
The last page reveal will be that Miles is the true Spider-Man and Peter was inserted retroactively by some cosmic villain
>>
>>91780192
>Marvel's 'Legacy' will 'break the internet,' says Axel Alonso
I believe it
>>
File: 1364262607357.gif (300KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1364262607357.gif
300KB, 853x480px
>>91780192
Heres to hoping it does terribly in terms of sales
>>
>>91780225
I was just about to say that.
>>
My guesses are
>>Wolverine is back
I can see how Marvel would think that's a big deal.
>>FF are back
Pretty much expected at this point.
>>Star Wars/Marvel crossover
Would be the only thing they could do to break the Internet these days.

Thing is, I don't think Marvel is capable enough to have a major surprise that isn't spoiled by solicits.
>>
>>91780192
It's going to be some shitty attempt at meta involving Stan Lee.
>>
>>91780192
>>"Let's just say there's a last-page reveal that's probably gonna break the Internet."
Will it shock normies or people that actually read comics? Normies.

>It all begins this fall with "Marvel Legacy No. 1," an over-sized, one-shot special that's 50 pages in all. It's written by Jason Aaron with art by Esad Ribic and features a special, 4-panel, fold-out cover by Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada.
At only $9.99

>Alonso, Marvel's editor-in-chief, told that this is a book that is going to send shockwaves throughout the comic book industry.
Like every other event, right?

>"That story functions as a preview of what's to come. It's chocked full of twists, surprises, Easter eggs, and let's just say, a last-page reveal that’s probably gonna break the internet," he said. "It's a big moment, something we continually get asked about. We are going to answer that question."
When are you going to be such fucking jews?

>Easter eggs -- hidden nods to longtime fans -- are at the core of what "Legacy" is attempting to do, Alonso said. The content will be exciting for new fans, but will also pay off in a different way for hardcore fans of the Marvel Universe.
Stan Lee will now be featured in every comic issue going forward!
>>
File: harley_by_mirkand89-d9x5tsn.png (509KB, 800x823px) Image search: [Google]
harley_by_mirkand89-d9x5tsn.png
509KB, 800x823px
Do they have no shame? Everyone knows this is supposed to be their Rebirth, but it's so eerily similar and they haven't even admitted that they made mistakes. For example, throwing Ms. Paki, Moon Girl, Black Girl Iron Man and Squirrel Girl at the front of event is wrong.
>>
>>91780192
Marvel getting over-confident again like did with the NuHumans push which crashed and burned.

Still be funny to see how it will turn out.
>>
House of Copied Ideas strikes again
>>
>>91780364
>Will it shock normies or people that actually read comics? Normies.

Readers.
In the second to last page Mephisto will show up and give Peter and MJ their marriage back.
In the last page, he'll take it right back and laugh. A laugh so spiteful that the "AHAHAHAHAHA" trails off the back page and snakes around to the back cover.
>>
I don't know that just bringing back the ff would "break the internet"
Maybe if they brought them back as older or evil or something but not just normal
>>
When I think "break the internet", I don't think of people reading comic books. I think of normies praising Kim Kardashians ass.
>>
File: 1434338592211.jpg (17KB, 200x235px) Image search: [Google]
1434338592211.jpg
17KB, 200x235px
>>91780192
marvel is so pathetic
>>
>>91780192
Should'nt it break the sales?
>>
Admittedly, the last "Break the Internet" was Hydra Cap's reveal. But I don't think the other "break the internet" moments they hyped up were ever worth it. Angela at the end of Age of Ultron was supposed to be an Internet Break.

I think the only thing that could really break the Internet anymore would be a Star Wars/Marvel crossover.
>>
miracleman shows up
>>
>>91780540
I remember that prediction happening for the past 5 years now. Like, I'm sure it'll happen, but would anyone care at this point?
>>
>>91780192
yeah, from laughter
>>
>Legacy
>Deadpool and America are there
I'm confused
>>
>>91780193
I miss the times when Squirrel Girl was considered a bad character joke
>>
>>91780225
And that Parkey was actually gay all along, while Miles will bang Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy, and that midget waifu
>>
>>91780192
>"Let's just say there's a last-page reveal that's probably gonna break the Internet."

>Spider-Man is in a sewer
>He finds something stuck among the rumbles
>It's a pin
>Two letters are printed on
>DC
>The reason marvel is shit is because of DC.
>>
Conspiring this sounds like a rehash of Rebirth and the big twist in that was the dumb Watchmen crossover what is this gonna crossover with?
>>
>>91780693
>what is this gonna crossover with?
Miracleman, obviously
>>
>ITS ANOTHER FUCKING ONE SHOT EPISODE
>>
>>91780192
>It all begins this fall with "Marvel Legacy No. 1," an over-sized, one-shot special that's 50 pages in all. It's written by Jason Aaron with art by Esad Ribic
Doesn't sound like Rebirth at all!

Genuine thanks for not giving it to Bendis & Deodato.
>>
>>91780310
>>FF are back
if that's all that comes out of this 'event' I'm ok with it. Not like I read any marvel events anyway, event just give me reasons to drop comics I'm reading.
>>
>>91780693
Miracleman for the story hey pretend is a big deal but nobody actually cares. (No seriously, I feel like the only time I heard of Miracleman was when Marvel got the rights)

Star Wars if they want a huge, massive nergasm. You might think it's stupid, but if Marvel and Star Wars crossover, everyone would be talking about it. Hell, it even fits the current Legacy title with where Star Wars is heading.
>>
>>91780192

I can't get over all the cancer characters in this picture. It legitimately makes me sad to see how badly Marvel's fucked their own comics up since Civil War.
>>
>>91780192
>yfw they actually stop being shitheads and tease/announce another Marvel/DC crossover tying into Watchmen/Rebirth business, return of the FF, Multiversity, Hickman's. Ewing's
>>
>>91780867
Don't delude yourself
>>
>>91780863
Anyone get the feeling that Moon Girl is only pushed cause some movie they got planned?
>>
>The same will be answered about whether Riri Williams and Tony Stark can both be Iron Man.

What about DOOM, you fucks?
>>
>>91780925
Wait, Tony is back?
>>
>>91780925

They can't market Doom because Fox owns his movie rights.
>>
>>91780430
Same thing that I thought

>>91780540
normies don’t know about Miracleman
I bet it’s Star Wars
>>
>>91780904
DEVIL Dinosaur is hardly as marketable as "Rocket Raccoon" and "Star-Lord". I think that book was just one of their final attempts at "cultivating sales by generating anger" which is why every second book has a mention of her being on that retarded list
>>

>It all begins this fall with "DC Universe Rebirth," an over-sized, one-shot special that's 80 pages in all.

>"With 'Rebirth,' we want to tell stories that are accessible to all, but remind readers of DC’s rich history,” Geoff Johns said.

>He continued, "I think 'Rebirth' will also prove that absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder."

>The key here though, Dan Didio said, is that there are no old characters or new characters, there are just DC superheroes.

>"We are going to remind generations about that history," Didio promised.
>>
>>91781029
Jesus

It would be extra hilarious if it's actually Miracleman
>>
>>91780566
need to ride that Rebirth hype with the only Alan moore run they own
>>
>>91780192
> let's just say, a last-page reveal that’s probably gonna break the internet," he said. "It's a big moment, something we continually get asked about. We are going to answer that question

so...they are integrating Miracle Man to the Marvel Universe

Rebirth -> Legacy
Manhattan -> Miracle Man
>>
>>91780225
>Written by Brian Michael Bendis
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't Brevoort say after Secret Empire there would be no more events for awhile?
>>
>>91780904
I don't think a movie is in the works. Animated TV show perhaps? Ya know, to appeal to all the young black girls that read Marvel...
>>
>>91781128
18 months. (Just in time for Infinity Wars Part 2)
>>
>>91781128
no more MAJOR events

this is different
>>
>>91781182
Wow, some books might be able to get two, perhaps even three arcs in before they're dragged into the next shitty event.
>>
>>91781128
No Major events, as in nothing line wide that has a ton of tie ins.
>>
>>91781096
You know what would really break the internet, if marvel went full HyperCrisis and integrated themselves into multiversity.

Have the Empty hand and Ultraa Show up.
>>
Remember when DC would just have a fifth week event every couple of months.

That was fucking cool.

It's like "Hey heres this fucked up point in our schedule. Lets write a fun little event where nothing incredibly major happens that will just last this one fucking week"

Man I miss that.
>>
>>91780192

Fantastic Four's return.
>>
It's actually going to be a good reveal. That's the only way it will break anything.
>>
>>91781277
Wolverine is coming back to Earth
>>
Maybe they're going to split the Marvel universe properly into an old and a new one. That'd break everyone's notions of Marvel and how they usually do this stuff.
>>
File: bIBrZhBNfcQ-600x922[1].jpg (159KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
bIBrZhBNfcQ-600x922[1].jpg
159KB, 600x922px
>>91780192

Can't wait to pair it up with this.
>>
>>91781251
One would hope, especially since they made a reference to "something missing".
The question is, who should write it?
>>
>>91780192
>including if the universe is big enough for Miles Morales and Peter Parker to both be Spider-Man. The same will be answered about whether Riri Williams and Tony Stark can both be Iron Man.

No.
>>
>>91780193
>Glory day characters.

>Squirrel Girl

>America Cavez

>Guardians of the Galaxy

You mean the past ten years?
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>
>>91781336
Ewing
>>
>>91780693
Men In Black.
>>
File: Legion.png (1MB, 2004x1129px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.png
1MB, 2004x1129px
>>91781335
I thought that was the most amazing shit. There's literally no way Marvel could top it.
>>
Yfw the big reveal is Bruce and/or 616 Logan being alive
>>
The /only/ thing that will make me care is if the reveal is Peter finding out the marriage was erased.
>>
>>91780192
Does anyone else not even trust Aaron at this point to take care of this? Aaron is generally solid, but even he's succumbed to Marvel's talent destroying ways at this point. His Thor whisper reveal, also hyped up by Marvel, was a complete dud and mocked roundly. It's not like he's Geoff Johns, who wrote and instilled Rebirth with his damn near autistic fanboy love of everything DC and was the face of Rebirth. They're not going to shove Aaron forward to sell this thing and everything happening at Marvel. We're going to have Quesada, Alonzo, Brevoort and all the same people who drove Marvel into this ditch in the first place.
>>
>>91781715
Aaron cares about his creator owned work, not Marvel. Like most other Marvel writers, he's basically a puppet on a string for their weird new 'Legacy hero' agenda.
>>
>>91780192
>So we ate Rebirth 1, barfed it out, and slapped some nostalgia bait on it. There, happy now bigots?
>>
>50 pages of Stark and Peter jerking off Riri and Miles.
>>
>>91781715
"Thor...Gor was right. Red is not a good colour for pants. Do you know how many gods where pants."
>>
>>91780310
>FF are back
This is the most likely outcome, but is it even going to be a big thing? Rebirth had two big moments - Wally coming back and the Watchmen button. Wally was gone for over five years. FF have been gone for little over a year, it'll be a year and a half once this comes out. And it's not like Marvel has some pillar of the industry like Watchmen. The best they can do is toss Miracleman in for a fully shameless Rebirth copy/paste or throw in Star Wars, which while interesting in the short term, would be absurd from a longterm viewpoint.
>>
>>91780192
So is Thor Odinson getting Mjolnir back?
But Jane Foster is there too, will there be yet another hammer?
>>
>jason aaron writes the one shot and star wars
would they be that desperate
>>
at this point what would you consider as "internet breaking" that marvel will do here?

>ff back?
>wolverine back?
>MM in marvel?
>starwars in marvel?
>>
Who the FUCK is Miracle Man?
>>
>>91781979
It's a very long story.
>>
>>91781979
jesus man you're asking a lot
look it up
>>
Did DC announce to everyone le ebin surprise in Rebirth? Hell, Johns pretty much spoiled it on his last JL issue.

Or is this the usual Marvel tactic of caring more about headlines than the actual quality. That speaks volumes if true.
>>
OMG

ITS MICKEY MUSE
>>
>>91781935

Star Wars in Marvel, they are probably going to tie the two cinematic universes together somehow.

>>91781979

You don't know Miracle Man? His super power is making bald people regrow their lost hair. An alliance of angry barbers are out to get him as they are losing business and loyal customers to him.

So I guess Legacy was the thing they were doing a couple weeks ago were you sent in a title to Marvel or is that still ongoing?
>>
Nothing's going to change with any of this. I said it in a thread last night but they'll have taken only the most superficial lessons from Rebirth and fan complaints. They'll continue putting out the same bad comics using the same bad writers and same bad artists and then will act utterly mystified as to why it fails. Legacy #1 is almost certainly going to be a $5.99 or even $6.99 comic and Marvel will not adjust their pricing continuing to sell $3.99 comics with the occasional $4.99 or $5.99 one and continue overshipping to retailers.

Nothing is going to change unless there's a massive shake up at Marvel from the editors down to the creators. But if it's all the same people with the same philosophy making all the decisions I don't really get what kind of improvements you can expect. Look at the X-Men comics and Venom #6 if you want an idea of what this "meat and potatoes" approach is going to look like and how the execution of it is going to play out.
>>
>>91781935
Ultimate spiderman is alive
>>
>>91781935
I was gonna say an actual "let's start from scratch" reboot, but that's clearly not happening.
>>
>>91782049
possible, although that's gonna be hard to do seamlessly, at least when watchmen went into dcu there's at least some level of excuse because manhattan can do the soft reboot, i wonder how star wars will fit into their legacy arc if it's gonna be a soft reboot
>>
Marvel said no reboot.

But they never said prime earth vs retro new earth 616.

Or split in reality.
>>
>>91782139

Crossovers are going to be the new trend to get normies on social media talking. They already used up big named characters coming together for The Avengers, doing it a third time in Infinity War is going to get stale. They need a big movie to do post-Infinity Wars so I think a crossover is coming. I can feel it.
>>
>>91780192
>The world outside your window
I never liked that tagline.
>>
>>91782145
Sounds suspiciously like rebirth pr talk, i remember geoff johns saying that rebirth isn't gonna be a reboot
>>
>>91782139
>Star Wars was always in the Marvel Universe, it was just "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away."
>>
>>91782034
This or SW. Or both.
>>
>>91782212
Rebirth didnt reboot anything but reinserted in wally and his titan history then later preflashpoint supes and history.. Rest is the same as nu 52.

Marvel will more likely reboot when they reach 100 years.
>>
>>91781925
>>Jason Aaron is writing Star Wars
FUUUUUUUUUUCK, they're going to do it.
>>
>>91782228
>a ruined franchise being diluted in another ruined franchise
>>
>>91782181
You're forgetting.
>>Avengers is the Avengers getting together.
>>Civil War brought in Spider-Man
>>Infinity Wars will bring in the GOTG

At this point, the movies can only bring in the Netflix/AoS for their last crossovers.
>>
File: AAAOHSHIT!.jpg (149KB, 500x582px) Image search: [Google]
AAAOHSHIT!.jpg
149KB, 500x582px
>post yfw Marvel brings out Miracle Man
>>
>>91780310
>>Star Wars/Marvel crossover
I'd be amused, and even interested. They already ruined any pretense of being good, might as well go batshit insane

>>Disney/Marvel crossover
Or they could do this since Marvel now has access to all Disney properties.

>>Star Wars/Disney/Marvel crossover
now we're talkin'

>>91780192
>break the internet
real tired of that phrase. I seriously doubt anything they do would shock me at this point. Maybe Peter and Miles fucking.... that might do it
>>
>>91780904

They have a deal with Scholastic involving Moongirl. Moongirl even though it doesn't sell well basically puts Marvel books in kids hands in schools now and they get a bunch of sales from them.

Its still weird to see her in a promo poster but makes sense why they would put her in.
>>
>>91780193
>characters like Odinson, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, the Avengers, America Chavez, Iron Man, Moon Knight, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, the X-Men and many others
so... still the same old shit?
>>
>>91781335
and laugh at marvel's pathetic attempt
>>
>>91780192
Last page is the return of the Fantastic Four.
>>
File: Mickey Marvel.jpg (52KB, 750x541px) Image search: [Google]
Mickey Marvel.jpg
52KB, 750x541px
>>91780192
>Someone finds a Mickey Mouse hat in Avengers Tower.
>Mickey has been fucking with the Marvel universe for the past 8 years.
They'd never do it, but if they're going to ape Rebirth so fully it'd be an amazing metacommentary and the only that would bring me back to Marvel.
>>
>>91782520
>implying anyone cares about FF
Screencap this post. It'll be more Tony wanking.
>>
>>91780192
you know, marvel has a franchise that works well with minorities...the x-men.
They take people around the world like storm, colossus, jubilee etc. etc. and blend them together and you forget that they are women/men/black/white/asians/latinos etc.
Uncanny x-men started with (africans, russians, germans, japanese, american natives, etc.), new mutants was excellent in that regard, generation x continue it, even new x-men with arabian girl and so on.
>>
ALL NEW ULTIMATE UNIVERSE
>>
File: page_14.jpg (296KB, 1070x867px) Image search: [Google]
page_14.jpg
296KB, 1070x867px
>>91782543
>Tony created the Marvel Universe
Jesus. I'm furious just thinking about it.
>>
>>91781465
Nobody thought this was funny
>>
File: Marvel on events.jpg (94KB, 575x308px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel on events.jpg
94KB, 575x308px
>ctrl + F
>gay 1 of 1

Come on /co/, you know they are making a character a gay/lesbian, this is how thing goes, remember when iceman became gay, that "broke" the internet
>>
>>91780693
Star Wars. They find the Snow Speeder that Deodato traced a few years back
>>
>>91782633
Cap america is gay.
>>
>>91780379
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
I hope the big surprise is Bendis and Slott getting fired, god that would be great
>>
>>91782746
Hey, welcome to 4chan.
>>
Legacy ends with America Chavez creating a portal intending to lead the Ultimates home out of which Montoya/Question and Billy Batson exit saying: "There's a Secret Crisis, America, and we'll need to fix it together this time, all of us."
>>
File: haw haw.jpg (46KB, 472x407px) Image search: [Google]
haw haw.jpg
46KB, 472x407px
>>91782540
im dead
>>
>>91780192
>"It's a big moment, something we continually get asked about. We are going to answer that question"

Really though what lingering question are people asking Marvel about? It's not what Fury whispered to Thor anymore. Could be "Are Star Wars and Marvel connected".
>>
>>91782540
More like Star Wars is now part of the Marvel Universe. This ties into the new movie.
>>
>>91782759
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>91782054
I like Alonso but he's presiding over a shit-show.

Marvel should make events actually be events by not doing them every 3 months.

Anthology format two (or three)-in-ones, with one-shots and perhaps "Saga of the Serpent Crown" style minis.

Crossovers between characters rather than line-wide cluster fucks.
>>
>>91782815
>implying Disney would let them fuck up SW
>>
>>91782770
Why Billy?
>>
>>91782139
What drugs are you on?
>>
>>91782857
He is the original Captain Marvel

Hypermarvelcrisis
>>
>>91782845
Alonso caused so much of this with just. Bad management.
>>
I trusted Rebirth because Johns was involved, who (whether you like his writing or not) is a nostalgiafag fanboy at heart.
Alonso is just a money hungry Jew wanting to piggyback on Rebirth success.
>>
>>91782845
>I like Alonso but he's presiding over a shit-show.
Alonso is one of the main people responsible for this shit show. Quesada dug a hole, Alonzo did nothing but made it deeper.
>>
>>91782886
>is a nostalgiafag fanboy at heart.
Explains the low quality of Rebirth.

Fuck Alonso, Fuck Johns, Fuck Jim Lee, Fuck Brevoort. I shit on them.
>>
>>91780192
So this is literally just a ripoff of Rebirth right? They're just trying to do a version of that page with Batman and the Watchmen button?
>>
>>91780863
she's just.

such a bad design.
>>
>>91780867
if that faggot Joe Quesada is still involved with marvel then its fuck you no, and go fuck yourself with a rusty spoon.
>>
>>91782927
Nick Spencer go back to twitter
>>
>>91780192
Also laughing real good at them repurposing the fucking New Universe tagline of all things for this. Marvel is truly out of ideas if they're scraping that low.
>>
what I don't understand is why bendis and quesadilla still haven't been fired
>>
>>91782049
>they are probably going to tie the two cinematic universes together somehow.

A wormhole opens and RDJ Stark is seen holding Luke's lightsaber. This will be recreated in the post-credit scene for Infinity War where he finds it.

In a post-credit scene for The Last Jedi, Rey finds Captain America's shield

It will all come together in Infinity War 2 and Star Wars 9.
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (63KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge.jpg
63KB, 400x366px
>>91782927
>>
>>91783036
I hope this is true. I really do.
>>
>>91782898

Bendis, their lead writer, is clearly a Narcissist (his attitude to other's work combined with his laziness and leaving his shit in other writer's plates mark him out as one).

I don't know how you fix Marvel comics when the head "talent" Bendis is a narcissist, Spencer can write but readers don't want political polemics, Waid has shit the bed, and Aaron just recycled post-modern concepts.

Al Ewing is easily the best of them all; no narcissism, no shrill political posturing, and no deconstructionist fetish.
>>
>>91783036
>RDJ Stark is seen holding Luke's lightsaber.

Not internet-breaking enough.

Han Solo's body drops out of a wormhole. This will be recreated in the post-credit scene for Infinity War where he is revealed to be barely alive.
>>
>>91783118
Oh and the page will fool you into thinking it's the 616/whatever it is now Earth but it's actually the MCU Earth.
>>
>>91780192
Kamala will want to kiss me back?

That would break the barrier between worlds.
>>
>>91783036

>Luke's saber at the end of ESB that fell down the shaft in Cloud City ended up in a wormhole somehow that made it to the Marvel universe

Calling it now, these double digits confirm.
>>
File: jim shooter.png (61KB, 163x201px) Image search: [Google]
jim shooter.png
61KB, 163x201px
>>91783018
And Jim Shooter's revenge goes on.
>>
The last page is either going to show Miracle Man or Darth Vader

Personally, I'm hoping it's going to show Bendis's termination letter
>>
What fanbase would be more triggered if they merged SW and Marvel?
>>
>>91783319
SW fans are probably more autistic
>>
>>91783201
It has to be a person. If it's an object or a droid they would think it's a working cosplay thing that Stark could probably make in a jiffy
>>
>Last page of the book is Cap clearing away some rubble
>He finds Vader's helmet
>"We're being invaded."

Screencap this
>>
>>91783295
Stan lee used that before shooter.
>>
>>91783417
Yeah, but he wasn't shat on and kicked out afterwards.
>>
>>91783411
>We're being invaded

Why would he say this?
>>
>>91783432
He thinks the MU is being invaded
>>
So our options are
>it's just the revival of some character that won't really generate much excitement
or
>it's some stupid ass crossover a la Star Wars
Can't wait!
>>
>>91780192
>break the internet

But Hawkeye is currently alive at the moment
>>
As long as they continue with the sjw feminist, race bend and gender bend, blacked tier ships.
I'm not buying this
>>
It's more surprising a Marvel/SW cross-over hasn't happened by now.
>>
>>91783411
>Last page of the book is Cap clearing away some rubble
>He finds a antifa shirt
>"We're being invaded."
>>
File: 566767887.jpg (35KB, 278x400px) Image search: [Google]
566767887.jpg
35KB, 278x400px
>>91783411
>>91783498

Oh fuck they're gonna do that, aren't they?
I mean, a crossover of some kind is inevitable given the current state of marvel staff.
>>
Everyone saying Marvel x Star Wars
And I'm just thinking about
Marvel x Doctor Who
>>
>>91783508

>Last page of the book is Cap helping civilizations through rubble after a super villain has pulverized the city
>Finds an emblem of the Reddit logo and picks it up to inspect
>"We're being invaded."
>>
>>91783534
Already happened.
>>
>>91783534

Do they even own the rights to the franchise to do that?

I'm really dreading this considering Marvel, Star Wars and Doctor Who fags are all insufferable cunts. This would just make them worse.
>>
Star Wars wouldn't make sense, it exists as fiction in the Marvel universe already. Captain Marvel named her cat after Chewbacca even.
>>
>>91780192

I'm sorry Marvel. Nice try.
But you're not fixing anything this way.
>>
>>91783662
So does Batman, but that doesn't stop JLA/Avengers.
>>
>>91783662
So does our world, but that doesn't stop them.
>>
>>91783602
You mean the comics in the 70s, that nobody remembers?
Actually that's why I even brought it up.
Because they already made DW comics a long time ago, so it wouldn't be too farfetched
>>
>>91783751
>the comics in the 70s, that nobody remembers
You and Whovians do.
>>
>>91780192
>fall
I love that word.
>>
>>91783534
Death's Head met the Doctor in the 1980's.
>>
>>91783534
IDW owns Doctor Who comic rights. I mean it would be great if Marvel pulled the stick out of its ass and started doing crossovers with other comic companies the way DC has no problems whatsoever working with IDW, Boom, Dark Horse, whoever. But I don't think they're going to use a one-shot to kick off their new line of comics to promote a book they'd be sharing with another company.
>>
>>91780192
>a last-page reveal that’s probably gonna break the internet," he said. "It's a big moment, something we continually get asked about. We are going to answer that question."

The only thing I can think of that fits this bill is Peter and Mary Jane's marriage. I assume the last page will be one of the two of them remembering somehow.

If it's not that then it'd have to be something like Wolverine or FF coming back, but that wouldn't really "break the internet" to the same degree, and honestly I don't think many people have been asking for FF back
>>
>>91782633
>>91782661
Captain Marvel more likely.
>>
>>91783678
The official stance both before and after is that they're fictional in each other's worlds but they know the real truth.

Who gives a fuck anyway, they don't even bother thinking whether previous crossovers were canon.
>>
>>91780733
I don't think Bendis would be trusted with something like this after how bad Civil War II flopped, he's not the golden boy he used to be.
>>
>>91783870
> IDW owns Doctor Who comic rights.
You mean Titan Comics
For like three years now
>>
>>91783898

Shit. I didn't think of One More Day, was that ever resolved or am I remembering things differnetly? Definitely recall seeing thousands of copies left stacked out of protest in comic shops whenever I went to get my monthly pulls.
>>
>>91780364
>Will it shock normies or people that actually read comics? Normies.
Remember that the first time Marvel used the "break the internet in half" phrase was in describing the return of Hawkeye in House of M. So yeah expect the big reveal to be about that level if it doesn't turn out to be a Captain Hydra level "haha we're pissing off everyone fuck you" one.
>>
>>91783584
Underrated.
>>
File: moon girl vs moon girl.jpg (160KB, 922x1400px) Image search: [Google]
moon girl vs moon girl.jpg
160KB, 922x1400px
>>91780192
as long as moon girl sticks around, I can't live without my brown waifu
>>
>>91780676
Marvel/DC crossover would be about the only thing that could make me care about this shit. Hopefully written by Johns.
>>
>>91783957
But that was before the MCU existed. They have the casual audience eating out of their hand. They don't know or care about the Spider-marriage or Logan being a statue.

It's totally gonna be Star Wars.
>>
>>91780192
>something we continually get asked about
God damn it this is just gonna be revealing who miles is and what Peter saw when he searched him up isn't it. They already teased revealing it a week ago.
>>
I have a feeling the last page is going to be a Marvel character being revealed to be force sensitive and seeing a force ghost, the question is who? Last page will probably be someone like Iron Man or Peter waking up in bed and ghost Luke or Han stands above their bed while the state "I've got a bad feeling about this."
>>
>>91784064
>dem lewds
I wish it was this. THAT would break the Internet.
>>
>>91784147
No, Spider-Men II is before this.
>>
>>91783036
I would laugh so hard if this happened.

I wouldn't even care about how terrible it would be, it would be worth it to see Star Wars nerds all over the internet rage for eternity. A million magnitudes more glorious than when the EU was made non-canon.
>>
>>91780646
This. She's a joke character, and one who should never have been shoved into such prominence.

"Haha Squirrel Girl can beat Galactus hehe it's so funny because Squirrels!" Was not even funny the first time.
>>
>last chance at redemption
>marvel blows it
>disney closes down the comic division
>mcu is the only marvel universe
i'll be happy
>>
>>91780192
> DC as a success with Rebirth
> DC is catching up big time with Marvel Comics
> Only thing holding Marvel Comics is Star Wars Books that are always in the top 10
> DC catching up with fewer and cheaper books

Marvel kinda in desperation mode? It is not even 1 year of Rebirth
>>
>>91783949
>Shit. I didn't think of One More Day, was that ever resolved or am I remembering things differnetly?

Nope, the characters still have no memory of what happened. Mephisto gloated vaguely about being the architect of his greatest failure recently in the Spider-Man/Deadpool book, but that's the closest they've come to actually having Peter or MJ figure it out.

Fans have asked when Peter and MJ will get back together ever since it happened, which is why I think if they're honest about breaking the internet, it's really the only thing they could do.

Besides, it's a very Rebirth kind of move, which they're clearly aping here.
>>
>>91782186
It's hard for me to take that tagline seriously when all I see from Marvel is New York and San Francisco and I'm from the Midwest.
>>
File: 1472112827334.jpg (95KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1472112827334.jpg
95KB, 1080x1349px
>>91780192
>"It's a big moment, something we continually get asked about. We are going to answer that question."
Captain Marvel's coming out of the closet.
>>
File: wall.jpg (51KB, 433x414px) Image search: [Google]
wall.jpg
51KB, 433x414px
>>91784458

Nah, The Wall is going to come out of the closet. It'd be a ground breaking moment.
>>
>>91780192
> Second last page shows the exterior of a building in New York City
> Two men are talking back and forth but it can't quite be made out
> Zooms in to show the interior wall littered with drawings but no figures are visible however the voices are clearer
> The first voice asks what there symbol should be
> Final page is a splash page with a blue four in a white circle on a blue background
> How about this Stan says a second voice
How much would you freak out
>>
>>91784501
Is that why Texas doesn't want it?
>>
>Its JLA/Avengers 2
thats only thing that Marvel can do to break internet
>>
>>91784116
>They don't know or care about the Spider-marriage

Homecoming is not helping, just like TASM

We could have had the Spider-marriage in Spider-Man 4 if they just got their shit together
>>
>>91784520

No, they don't want it since the left will turn it into a massive glory hole out of spite.
>>
The last page is Trump with a Chaos Emerald. Calling it now.
>>
>>91784658

>Not Chris-chan
>>
>>91784457
It is the world outside their window though. The window of their New York offices
>>
>>91784540
Normies think DC is a joke thanks to the DCEU, it would be seen as piggybacking

It's Star Wars
>>
>>91781335
Forget that. Can they even have a pic related moment? After dozens of events where heroes fight each other I doubt it.
>>
>>91784658
>Not Trump with the Infinity Gauntlet
>>
>>91784515
They've been gone for just a year and it's the obvious choice, so "eh."
>>
>>91784694
>absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder
>probably gonna break the Internet
who would they even bring back?
>wolverine
he is expected to come back sooner or later, so not "break the internet" surprise
>FF
no one cares
???
>>
>>91780310
>>>Wolverine is back
Wouldn't this kill their other wolverines? The ultimate comic one and old man Logan at least? Laura might survive it.

Also the loss of those two would damage the already shitty o5.

Maybe they are ready to kill that bullshit?!

Nah they usually are not that smart.
>>
>>91784694
They don't have any sidekicks at marvel just replacements. The closest they could probably get would be Logan returning and Laura running up and hugging him and I wouldn't be surprised if they did that due to how popular the movie was.
>>
>>91781465
>Some poor NEET wasted time doing this
s.m.h.
>>
>>91780693
MCU or Star Wars
or better yet the actual twist is that they bring back the OG robot human torch
>>
>>91783411
No, he finds it and says "I've got a bad feeling about this".
>>
>>91784678
I know it sounds really dumb but it did mean a lot to me when DC said that Central City and the Flash are from Missouri. Missouri gets fuck all in depictions in the media so a well-known superhero being based in here felt really good.
>>
http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/138058-dc-to-pick-up-diversity-ball-after-marvel-dropped-it.html

>Marvel is going back to their old heroes while DC is going full diversity

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>91785037

IT'S THE CIIIIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIFE
>>
>>91785037
>Marvel is going back to their old heroes
no proof of that
see OP pic and >>91782644
>>
>>91784923
Someone will have to set him up for it
Maybe Spidey will ask "so, Steve, you getting a good feeling about your new headquarters?"
>Actually......
*reveal*
>Quite the opposite
>>
>>91785037
> op can't read the post

kek what a joke marveldrone
You won't see shit like replacing A-Listers with Fem/Black/Hispanic/Trans new characters.

DC at least know how to do shit
>>
>>91785037
Dc have proven they can handle diversity without it being unreadable garbage though due to using compatent writers. Books like midnighter, green lanterns and new super-man would have been unreadable pandering at marvel but dc gave the titles to writers who would handle the material correctly without the urge to point out the book being diverse any chance it gets. If dc is going to introduce more diverse titles I welcome them openly as long as the writer respects the material and puts story before an agenda.
>>
Damn, I thought /b/ was full of haters.
>>
It's going to be Mar-Vell.
>>
>>91785333
>If dc is going to introduce more diverse titles I welcome them openly as long as the writer respects the material and puts story before an agenda.
Dark Matter is apparently going to be Original Image Lite - superstar creators revising old properties (Challengers) or making new ones to expand the universe and create new IPs. I think it just happens to have good diversity is a side benefit, which is the way to do things.
>>
>>91785333
Marvel has a number of "diverse" books that are good, but the refuse to push them in favor of forced shit by people like Bendis or Waid who have no business being on those kinds of titles.
Walker has been solid, but the only book of his they tried to push is Occupy, and they did that by mandating a horrible title and advertising it as something entirely unlike what it actually is.
Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme has an Asian, two brown girls, and a gay guy, but no one seems to know about it even with how great it is.
And of course there's USAvengers.
>>
File: Slide01.jpg (599KB, 1350x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Slide01.jpg
599KB, 1350x1800px
>>91780193
>We are going to remind generations about that history

they should use muh fan fickk bruh
>>
>implying anyone cares about the Fantastic Sales Poison in 2017

it's Jason Aaron's boyfriend the Orb ya dinguses.
>>
>>91780364
the only thing that could break the internet from Marvel is making Peter and MJ back together.

Married, of course.
>>
File: GreenArrow109-16.jpg (30KB, 223x459px) Image search: [Google]
GreenArrow109-16.jpg
30KB, 223x459px
>>91785766
>Marvel has a number of "diverse" books that are good
>>
>>91780646
This.
>>
>>91785874
USAvengers is a good example of it, i trust Ewing OVER many of marvel writer's
>>
>>91785037
I remember when shitposting on /co/ was more subtle. We are reaching /v/ levels of consolewar style shitposting at this point. Soon even the front page is going to be nothing but le goldface.exe images whenever Marvel or DC announce anything
>>
>>91786190
Fuck whoever said we could have capeshit movie adaption discussions on here. That's /tv/ shit and it's ruined /co/. Comics and cartoons only.
>>
>>91786237
This. Discussion of that should have been relegated to /tv/ or some other new containment board. It's too late to do it now; the damage has been done
>>
>>91780225

I never knew I wanted that but now I do.

That would be some Morrison-level shit.
>>
>>91782421

He wouldn't amount to much compared to the Sentry.
>>
>>91782543

What the fuck do you mean, "More Tony wanking"??

There are not many heroes who have been getting it up the ass without lube more than Iron Man this last decade.
>>
File: drake.png (326KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
drake.png
326KB, 690x460px
>'break the internet'
>>
File: Riri 3.jpg (887KB, 1500x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Riri 3.jpg
887KB, 1500x2100px
>>91784064

She's nine years old! WTF is wrong with you!

Go for Riri, at least.
>>
>>91781335
Batman Watchmen didn't break the internet
It only shook people who actually read comics
>>
>>91786595
Is this a fucking joke? The Tony shilling in the past decade has been un-fucking-believable.
>>
File: Kiss.jpg (234KB, 800x741px) Image search: [Google]
Kiss.jpg
234KB, 800x741px
>>91786785

No, anon, YOU'RE the joke.

The character Iron Man has been mangled, humiliated, and finally replaced. By a girl! Not a woman, a teenager with zero experience, who is presented as if she is at least as competent as he was!

Oh, but that was only the ENDING...
>>
>More news was promised form “Generations,” though the big news about the stunt came with what will follow it. “Marvel Legacy” is a branding that will launch with a one-shot written by Aaron and drawn by Esad Ribic under a cover from Joe Quesada. The cover was teased, and the panel promised that the story would bring back a long-missing piece of the Marvel Universe.

>“This is by far the biggest thing I’ve ever done,” Aaron said of the story. “This book deals with Marvel’s past, present and future…the one thing I really wanted to do with this book is that we dive right into Marvel’s past to introduce what I call the prehistoric Avengers. One is a character that’s running around now, and the rest are like caveman versions of the biggest legacy characters in the Marvel U.” From there, the present story will check in with the likes of Steve Rogers, Thor Odinson, Tony Stark and the other classic heroes. “This story will set up things that will play out across every book we publish,” the writer said.
>>
>>91780192
Captain america will find a button on his cave?
>>
>>91780925
I think he'll be done soon.
>>
>>91786863
It was a all a dream.
>>
>>91786863
>Marvel’s past to introduce what I call the prehistoric Avengers. One is a character that’s running around now, and the rest are like caveman versions of the biggest legacy characters in the Marvel U
wtf
>>
I hope they don't think that just because twitter got up in arms about hydra cap that normies give a shit about their other properties
The only way they're "break the internet" again is with cap, because most people do not give a shit about the comics and only liked cap from the movies
>>
>>91786863
>a long-missing piece of the Marvel Universe
Good writing?
>>
>>91786595
>>91786785
the shilling is for MCU Tony. Comics Tony has seen a lot of shit, and then Bendis took over him.
>>
>Alonso also promises “a last-page reveal that just might break the Internet” while editor Tom Brevoort assures of “the return of a central piece of the Marvel mythos that readers have been mourning in recent months.”

What piece of the Marvel mythos eaders have been mourning in recent months?
>>
>>91786863
CONAN CONFIRMED
>>
>>91786943
Thor.
>>
>>91781524
They'll reveal that Old Man Logan and 616 Logan are the same person split in half and they'll merge, in a crossover called Snikt Bub Reborn
>>
>>91786995
>Jason Aaron
It's Aarkon
>>
>>91786987
Uncle ben.
>>
>>91786979
>the shilling is for MCU Tony.

Oh. Well, yeah. For whatever reason - probably a combination of cool armor and RDJ - he's their most popular movie franchise aspect.

First IM movie still their best, IMHO.

>>91786987

Uh... a Captain America who doesn't work for HYDRA, I am guessing.
>>
knowing marvel it's just gonna be some character coming out as gay or trans.
>>
>>91780310
100 per-cent FF returning.

FF represent the best of Marvel.
>>
File: 1451988591610.png (810KB, 1087x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451988591610.png
810KB, 1087x720px
>>91787069
>>
I'm out of the loop, is DC still playing catch up to marvel or is it already the other way around? I'm trying to understand as to why they are doing this
>>
>>91787069
Ironman is gay
>>
>>91787103
DC is in the lead. They got their shit together after hitting bottom with Convergence and DCYou while all of Marvel's good writers got fed up with editorial and left for Image.
>>
>>91787103
other way around

the age of hating dc was 2011-2015/2016, and now it's the age of hating marvel so we'll see how long this lasts
>>
>>91787130
>>91787148

I see, that must be why they are pushing this
>>
>>91780192
>>"Let's just say there's a last-page reveal that's probably gonna break the Internet."

Oh jezz, more controversies to sell books? Marvel is totally changing guys.
>>
File: buenomarvel.jpg (198KB, 1087x720px) Image search: [Google]
buenomarvel.jpg
198KB, 1087x720px
>>91787090
bueno
>>
>>91786856
Nothing has been done to Iron Man in the past decade that comes even remotely close to the damage that was done to the character in The Crossing or Civil War. As for your "replacement," that lasted, what, 4 months? He's already back in Secret Empire.

Also, he was replaced by Victor von Doom. That Victor would even sully his name by adopting the IM name as his own only goes to show the levels of Tony wank that marvel has been shoving down our throats.
>>
>>91780192
>>91780193
Marvel has no idea why Rebirth worked, and they'll have no idea why this will fail just like Marvel Nower.

>>"As a kid, I remember ruining some of my comics by cutting out the value stamp," Alonso admitted. "I had 'Incredible Hulk' No. 181 and I cut the value stamp out, what was I thinking?!"

Look at this. Look at this fucking statement. This is not the statement of a man who loves comics, this is a the statement of a man who was a child who loved comics, and then went into the Collector's Bubble looking to make bank.
>>
>>91786943
Aaron has been setting that up for years. It's:
>Thor
>Native-American Ghost Rider (the one in Dr. Strange and the Sorcerors Supreme that rides a bear)
>the first Iron Fist (or at least an ancient Iron Fist)
>the first Black Panther (or at least an ancient Black Panther)
>Bodolf the Viking Hulk
>Namor's ancestor/ancient Queen of Atlantis
>>
Fuck dude, I really used to like Marvel comics.
>>
>>91787347

Not only that but this

So this is what continuity is now? Easter eggs? Fucking hell.They aren't learning shit, they still want Marvel Comics to be the MCU comics with some nods for the 'fans'.
>>
>>91787347
Marvel doesn't seem to know how anything works. Look what happened after Kamala, they failed to replicate that success while also failing to capitalize on her popularity.
>>
>>91787383
Is that even prehistoric?

Im expecting dino cavemen avengers.

Thor. Plus caveman america,
>>
>>91780192
>break the internet
Like Kim Kardashian apparently "broke the internet?" How about they stop predicting things
>>
>>91782024
No, no one had any idea what Rebirth was supposed to be until it was leaked
>>
>>91787433
that reminds me how they did a bunch of sequels that flopped

>age of apocalypse 2
>old man logan 2
>civil war 2

i'll give marvel a point for secret wars 2 which was arguably a success
>>
>>91787432
Yeah, Easter eggs are super fun... in a movie or a theme park ride where there's limited time and a press to get through things.

But if that's the extent of your commitment to continuity in comics, why bother having it at all? Continuity is meant to be the sinew that keeps the comic book together and the reader interested. Not some kind of pillow mint.
>>
>>91787536
>secret wars 2
correction, secret wars 3, i fucked up
>>
>>91787521
>Like Kim Kardashian apparently "broke the internet?"
Did she sit on it?
>>
>>91780192

So how will they fuck this up and make it for SJWs?
>>
God this pisses me off, marvel learns the error of their ways and then uses nostalgia to try and win its way back. Jesus do the they realize shilling 50 different comics a month is going to fuck you regardless of what the content is
>>
>>91787536
>secret wars 2

Hickman's Secret Wars was the 3rd. The Second Secret Wars was an awful event to sell toys that failed.
>>
>>91787614
>marvel learns the error of their ways
You say that, but I doubt they actually have.
>>
>>91780192
>including if the universe is big enough for Miles Morales and Peter Parker to both be Spider-Man. The same will be answered about whether Riri Williams and Tony Stark can both be Iron Man.

Tony Stark is Iron Man that stupid bitch can't be since she's not a man nor Tony Stark
>>
>>91787595
Naw, she did a nude photoshoot after the initial fappening and the caption said "Break the internet, Kim Kardashian." The internet was already broken, that's like stepping on some broken glass and claiming you broke the whole thing. Marvel's just copying Rebirth
>>
This is going to turn into another Heroes Rehashed--I mean, Heroes Reborn, right?
>>
>>91783319
Star Wars. This would be the first time they've been subjected to Marvels bullshit while Marvel fans have been getting fucked for the better part of 7 years now. For Marvel fans it just be another Wednesday
>>
File: encore-un-event.jpg (425KB, 930x653px) Image search: [Google]
encore-un-event.jpg
425KB, 930x653px
the only good thing coming out of this new event is the alex ross poster

>>91787536

you forgot inhumans vs xmen and world war hulk 2(although this is several years old now), marvel loves their rehashes

DC is just as guilty
>>
>>91783898
Peter getting his marriage back would be great IF it's handled by a good writer. In other words get Slott of the fucking book and give it to fresh blood
>>
>>91780192

so this is just DC Rebirth but Marvel right?
>>
>>91781072
They have all of his Marvel UK work
>>
>>91787606
They already have, bub. And if you're reading this in Wolverine's voice from XMen TAS, you oughta know that Marvel is just a bunch of egg-sucking gutter trash who don't care what happens to their own fans.

Ironheart is another Tin Woodsman needin to be sent back to Oz. In pieces.
>>
>>91780192
Why is the girl in the top right wearing a retard helmet?
>>
>>91787753
>>91787536
And Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe Again or whatever the fuck it's called
>>
>>91787797
Without the sincerity or being held up by someone people at least trust like Johns.
>>
>>91781250
I don't understand how a fifth week fucks anything up and never will.
They should be planning week to week, not by month
>>
>>91787819

I'm pretty sure its boxing headgear?
>>
>>91787819
Her uppity negro helment.
>>
>>91782654
kek
>>
>>91780310
>>>FF are back

But written by Bendis.
>>
>>91787856
moon girl
>>
>>91787614
Anon, they did not learn the error of their ways at all.

They saw DC eating into their market share and decided to copy them, after DC DID realize they messed up, pulled a mea culpa, and actively worked to get nostalgic readers interested again.
>>
>>91787753
>Jean, and her Legacy Successor, Herself as a Teenager!

They're even moderately pushing Rachel right now, why not use her, instead of embracing how utterly fucked they've made the X-Men?
>>
Marvel need to get their shit together
>>
>>91787899
This is also a given.

It is the final world in Marvel he's yet to despoil.
>>
>>91787973
at this point I think they are still burying x-men
>>
>>91787536
Enemy of the State 2 with Laura...
as if we Enemy of the State 1 was good to begin with.
>>
>>91787995
Someone did a poll on CBR asking how people would feel if Fantastic Four relaunched with Bendis:

http://community.comicbookresources.com/poll.php?pollid=1991&do=showresults

This is a bad sign considering CBR is the Marvel-biased site.
>>
>>91781287
>Wolverine is coming back to Earth
I'm laughing and crying at the same time
>>
>>91788036
oh man what a waste of time that was. What I am curious about is what marvel would do next IF legacy flops, seeing as nostalgia pandering is just about the bottom of the idea barrel
>>
>>91788094
Bendis writing the smartest man in Marvel Comics
NOBODY, not even the Bendisfags want this. When Bendis writes smart people, he writes about how smart they are, but doesnt make them do smart things. Remember how he wrote Blue Marvel in CW2?
>>
>>91788129
Put all their time and money into Marvel Cinematic Universe? Only thing working
>>
>>91787899
Can't wait for Sue to get BLACKED. I'm sure the only issue Bendis knows of FF are the ones where Sue is a slut.
>>
>>91788129
Do infinity gauntlet 3 and make it a hard reboot, that's their last card probably
>>
>>91788129
At that point I wouldn't be surprised to see a gutjob of the company. Alonso and Brevoort out, Perlmutter out, someone poached from DC or maybe Jordan White as new EiC
>>
>>91780192

Remember when Bendis said House of M would break the internet and it was just Hawkeye's return?

Remember when Dan Slott said a reveal in New Ways to Die would break the internet and it turned out to be Venom-Gargan wearing a containment suit that matched his Scorpion costume?
>>
>>91788195

Bendis has been writing Doom for like 2 years now
>>
>>91788216
I feel like Marvel's problems might be deeper than the figureheads. They need to clean out editorial and scouting entirely.
>>
>>91788216
>corporate restructuring

never though of that actually

>queso still in
>>
>>91781935
Peter and MJ's marriage restored
>>
>>91788210

Sue was blacked in the Kirby issues.
>>
No actually this >>91788215 would be before what I said here >>91788216
Forgot about the hard reboot option

Honestly Perlmutter is probably rooting for that, the delicious MCU synergy, Peter in high school.
>>
>>91788265
everyone knows that's happening though
>>
>>91788265
Normies would probably go "huh? they broke up?"
>>
File: 220px-Web_of_Spider-Man_117.jpg (50KB, 220x334px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Web_of_Spider-Man_117.jpg
50KB, 220x334px
>>91780225

>The Spiderman you know and love is actually a fake.

Yeah, because that worked so well the last time.
>>
>>91786863
>and the rest are like caveman versions of the biggest legacy characters in the Marvel U
Bill Jemas is writing Marville 2?
>>
Anyone who says hard reboot, you know they're never gonna commit
>>
>>91788316
The thing people forget is that even DC has never done a hard reboot.
>>
>>91780925
Why can't we get a series of Doom trying to take Riri under his wing
>>
>>91788216
>gutjob of the company. Alonso and Brevoort out, Perlmutter out
the diversity hire in a burqa out
quesada shuffled to a shit job where nothing he does matters, working under loeb

none of this will happen sadly but we can dream
>>
>>91788343
crisis would be considered the "hardest". I'd say if marvel does anything at that level then I'd consider it a hard reboot.
>>
What the hell is up with Marvel? Why are they slipping the ball and going full retard within the past couple of years?
>>
>>91788447
it's been longer than that, they just slid into a place they can't get out of
>>
>>91788447
quesada and management
>>
>>91787572
You mean Secret Wars 4.
>>
>>91788129
In https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/07/brian-hibbs-tells-new-york-times-marvels-sales-slumped-not-diversity/

Rich talked about an article that interviewed retailer Brian Hibbs (who says diversity isn't Marvel's problem, the problem is primarily high prices, fan fatigue with meaningless events and meaningless relaunches), and after that Rich brought up why he thinks Marvel Comics would be concerned about the article:

>And I am aware that Marvel Studios has a thing for making Disney HQ aware of negative headlines regarding the comics side.

So if Legacy flops? Feige and Marvel Studios will bring it to Disney's attention.

People on /co/ keep trying to push the "Disney doesn't care how the comics do, the comics are just R&D" but it ignores two things: 1. That's what they said about DC back in the 00's, and the necessity of the New 52 proved it wasn't true. and 2. It also ignores that Feige and Marvel Studios broke away from Ike and the comics/TV/animation division.

Wasn't there talk that Feige and Marvel Studios didn't like not just Ike but also the Creative Committee?
>>
>>91788447
It started with Avengers Disassembled
>>
>>91787618
No, it was the fourth. The third was an arc of Fantastic Four from Englehart's run.
>>
Personal opinion? The ending page will be MJ/Peter getting back together. Either MJ proposes to Peter (since Peter isn't in a place emotionally to do it), or the final couple of pages will have MJ and Peter having a chance encounter and the two reconciling/deciding to live in sin.

Either that or whoever it was saying Gwen Stacy is now going to be back for good/Peter's new love interest, was right and Gwen/Peter is back as a couple....
>>
>>91788497
Rumor is the "no new events" came down from on high.
>>
>>91788465
Like the guy died in Nutty Putty Cave.
>>
>>91780192
>last-page reveal that's probably gonna break the Internet.
That's a lot of hubris, I tell you what.
>>
>>91788465
>>91788482
>>91788503
You see this is the sort of shit that's made me abandon current Marvel. I've been spending the last 3 years buying up all the 70's, 80's, and 90's issues of Marvel in bargain bins at comic stores within driving distance. I'd rather read fun stuff than the current shit.

I didn't even read comics until 2001 when I was 7 years old. Ultimate Spider-Man was my 1st series and it really pains me that the Ultimate Universe was annihilated thanks to Loeb and then got the axe. There was so much untapped potential in Ultimate like Jean leading mutants post-Ultimatum.
>>
>>91780693
>what is this gonna crossover with?
Capcom

I'M GONNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIIIDE
>>
>>91788497

I think it was something about Feige feeling like the Creative Committee was reporting back to Ike.

also the Creative Committee was Jeph Loeb, Bendis, Dan Buckley and Quesadilla. Who would want that group around?
>>
>>91788518
>The ending page will be MJ/Peter getting back together. Either MJ proposes to Peter (since Peter isn't in a place emotionally to do it), or the final couple of pages will have MJ and Peter having a chance encounter and the two reconciling/deciding to live in sin.
This and Fantastic Four returning and getting a book with a GOOD writer (i.e. not Bendis) are probably the only things that will "break the internet".

Well and Marvel/Star Wars but I think they'll save that for later if this doesn't work lol
>>
>>91781155

I doubt Disney wants a cartoon with a character called DEVIL Dinosaur.
>>
>>91788569
I recommend reading Spider-Man: Sins Past as you might be a spidey fan. The sad reality is management fuckery has been marvel's problem for decades.
>>
>>91788497
>Feige and Marvel Studios will bring it to Disney's attention
Why would they care?
>>
>>91788252
Nah an actual EiC who does their job rather than whatever the fuck Alonso does can fix a lot of those issues. Even Brevoort himself isn't that bad, (the titles under his house are pretty strong, and look at the difference between Slott under him and other editors) it's just the party line of "outrage sells comics" that makes him shit (and that he himself is a cunt). Nick Lowe may need to go or be demoted as well with the mess he's allowed the Spider-Titles to become.
Their biggest talent issue was the failed gambit to move the webcomic crowd into Marvel, which frankly is not a bad idea, they just picked the wrong people (and the Mcninja guy is pretty good). The jihadi guy is bad press but frankly could easily have happened to DC too, foreign artist literally whos are so common around the industry that one of them was bound to be a bad egg at some point. I actually thought their talent issue was gonna turn around after secret wars, they had some really interesting people working for them on that (Michel Fiffe and Scott Aukerman spring to mind) but they couldn't carry it over through the event.
Bottom line is that the editors are just soldiers, currently they're allowed to be terrible useless ones, but a good set of leaders could whip them into shape. If they still suck after that, can them, yea.

>>91788263
Oh Quesadilla has to go too of course. I dunno about Dan Buckley, I actually think he may need to become more involved because as he has become more of an EP for the MCU the comics have suffered. His absence may be an underrated problem.
>>
>>91788497
>People on /co/ keep trying to push the "Disney doesn't care how the comics do, the comics are just R&D"

I for one never believed this. After the acquisition when Disney said "we're going to have a hands-off policy" I assumed that meant "as long as Marvel remains solvent" which stopped being a given when they put Harras in charge decades before.

Having a representative of the company go public that sales are tanking because their customers are racists is not how Disney does business and I suspect Marvel won't be doing that much longer.
>>
>>91786856
This feels so bizarre. I mean, what do you do if you're a big ironman fan and marvel does this? How many people did this alienate?
>>
>>91788625
Drop the "Devil", call him Red Dinosaur or something like that.

Killer Frost and Killer Croc are Frost and Croc in DC Superhero Girls, Deathstroke was only Slade, etc. This is hardly a problem.
>>
>>91788431
Sana Amnat? She doesn't wear a Burqa and actually is kind of hot. She is a shit editor but she's far from a stereotypical looking fundie muslim. She probably should be out yea.
>>
>>91788497

why does everyone act like Disney isn't monitoring Marvel's actions in any way?

Like they're a multi-billion dollar company, they're generally not in the business of throwing away money
>>
>>91788690

Amnat isn't an editor anymore anyway
>>
>>91788690
>She is a shit editor
and she's embarrassed herself on social media as often as Dan Slott

You don't fire these people, you give them responsibilities they can't handle and then they quit.
>>
>>91788632
Yeah I actually read that went it released in 2005. I wasn't a long-time Spidey fan of 616, but I still felt disgusted that Marvel did that kind of asspull over Pete being cucked by Osborn.
>>
>>91788697
Because as long as Marvel operates in the green they won't interfere, and that's still the case right now.

They absolutely SHOULD interfere though especially since Marvel has shown they are incompetent at marketing. There is no logical reason DC and Image can capitalize off their adaptions and make money in bookstores while Marvel is more popular among normies and making half as much.
>>
>>91788649
Are you an idiot? Disney would still care if a department is giving them bad PR or underperforming no matter how many "Disney doesn't care about the comics" excuses you make. Feige broke Marvel Studios away from Ike by convincing Disney that Ike's methods hurt the film. You think it was gonna end there?
>>
>>91781059
They can't fucking touch Miracleman. PERIOD.

As part of their decade long courting of Neil Gaiman, via helping him finish his Miracleman run, they put it in irrevocable legal term that NO ONE NO ONE NO ONE at Marvel can touch Miracleman until Silver Age/Dark Age is done.

The only fucking Miracleman character Marvel could conceivably touch is Young Miracleman. Jamie Delano snuck him into his Captain Britain run at Marvel UK, where he was married to a female Captain Britain. And even then, they'd probably wouldn't be allowed to refer to him as such since it would piss Neil off mightily given how Silver Age revolves around Young Miracleman's resurrection and could fuck up Neil's ending for Miracleman
>>
>>91788668
as a marvel fan I'm still not sure if I want to kiss fraction or kill him
>>
>>91788518

>Peter and MJ get back together.
>"Spiderman no more".
>Miles become the only Spiderman.
>>
>>91788697
>why does everyone act like Disney isn't monitoring Marvel's actions in any way?

Well ask >>91788649 since he thinks Disney wouldn't care about the comics division.
>>
>>91788697
Probably because the comics division produces the least amount of revenue for the brand as a whole, at least compared to the movie department.

I know jack shit about business so what can I say.
>>
>>91788741
I read somewhere that JMS had tons of upper level meddling on that book and when he tried to retcon those he got blocked as well, imagine that scenario play out on other books across several years. Events like legacy isn't going to simply solve those problems
>>
File: mickey wizard hat.jpg (43KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mickey wizard hat.jpg
43KB, 791x1024px
>>91780192
>That story functions as a preview

This just sounds like they're bringing back a bunch of dead guys and doing a bunch of team ups.

pretty meh at best imo

>Last page is Dr Strange finding this hat
>>
Disney already said theyre find with marvel. I expect marvel to rebound with this. Old chararacters, costumes elements, boxes.
>>
>>91788785
>giving them bad PR
Bullshit. Were that true, they would have done something long ago. Movie casuals don't read comics.
>>
>>91788798
it gives Peter a perfect excuse to continue being a corporate research honcho, why not
>>
>>91788882

what is up with Marvel thinking the corner boxes are going to help their books sell?
they were so excited about the X books having a version of them again, and now the Legacy book having it.

no one cares about fuxking corner boxes.
>>
>>91788792
I wonder if Neil is putting off finishing his run just so Marvel won't do anything with Miracleman.
>>
>>91788812
>Disney wouldn't care about the comics division.
They don't care about Disney comics selling little to nothing, why would they care about Marvel?
>>
>>91788869
I would enjoy this way more than a SW crossover
>>
>>91788939
I kinda am excited about them being back.
>>
I'm thinking it could be a MCU comic cross over with the regular universe.
>>
File: 16474530._SX540_.jpg (82KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
16474530._SX540_.jpg
82KB, 540x405px
>“a last-page reveal that just might break the Internet”

>“the return of a central piece of the Marvel mythos that readers have been mourning in recent months.”

It's going to be Hulk at full World War Hulk powerlevel decking everyone

I mean, they even teased going back to planet hulk
>>
>>91788928

Slott already teased that corporate boss Pete is going away.
>>
inb4 Kingdom Hearts becomes marvel canon
>>
>>91788965

are you excited enough to buy more Marvel comics just because they're on the cover?
or are you just like "oh thats cool" excited.
>>
>>91788944
Because Marvel has been the largest part of the comic book marketshare for like 20 years. That's like asking why Bill Gates would care if Microsoft started failing because a small start up he owns also is failing
>>
>>91786987
Who the fuck mourns a comic character?
>>
>>91788914
>Bullshit. Were that true, they would have done something long ago.

Because back then Marvel still sold really well and outperformed DC even if you took out variant sales.
>>
>>91788944
>>91789020

not selling well and failing are two different things.

Disney comics sell, but they don't sell Marvel/DC numbers.

but they also don't cost as much to make as Marvel/DC books, so them selling a couple thousand (or less) copies every month isn't a loss compared to a big2 book selling less than 20k a month.
>>
The big twist is going to be that 616 now has MCU history instead of 616-history. The X-men are no longer part of the new main marvel universe but instead gets its own universe, the X-verse.
>>
>>91789017
People want that stuff.

>>91788939
Because it's marvel to them. There's also fans out there who wont the code back, the flat colors, thought ballons.

People in general can leave over small things.
>>
>>91781979
Miracleman (aka Marvelman) was a british super hero created to replace Captain Marvel/Shazam when DC legally forced Fawcett Comics to stop producing Captain Marvel stories.

The original run is pretty forgetable but in the 80s, Alan Moore (thinking he was public domain) brought him back for a grim and gritty revamp. The revamp was a huge critically acclaimed thing and the climax of Moore's run (a huge city destroying battle) one of the most famous 80s comics ever published.

Marvel killed the revival briefly in the 80s (due to the character using his original Marvelman name, plus Moore being a bully towards Alan Davis, who Marvel was courting to do US work for them). But Eclipse bought the rights and financed Moore finishing his run under the now familiar Miracleman name. However, the last couple of Alan Moore issues had shitty distribution and are rare (especially the final battle issue) and this carried over to Neil Gaiman's run, which continued the book after Alan left.
>>
>>91789017
It may be a small factor if I'm on the fence about a book.
>>
>>91789091
Nah. No movie costumes shown. The xmen are standing next to them.

Big twist is the watcher is back and calls the fans a buncha faggots.
>>
>>91780192
Sorta sounds like Marvel is just copying rebirth.
>>
>>91789124
Fun fact: Moore doesn't like Miracle Man. He thinks that he wasn't a mature writer when he wrote it.
>>
>>91788836
This is the same thing people were saying about DC back in the 2000's. "Oh WB doesn't care about DC Comics, it's just an R&D department for them." And then the New 52 happened.
>>
>>91789200

Moore hates everything. That's hardly surprising.
>>
>>91782632
>>91784851
Took me 5 minutes ya nerds, chill
>>
>>91789200
Moore retroactively hates everything and considers all capes that don't have simple morailty stories immature so that's not really a surprise
Nor is it a "fun" fact.
>>
Honestly, what are fans asking about the marvel universe? Only question I've heard from fans the last couple of years is why Marvel has been fucking over the X-men so bad, but that kind of died down a bit when they announced RessurXion.
>>
>>91789200
>Moore doesn't like Miracle Man
That makes two of us. Deconstruction is shit.
>>
>>91786335
Fa/tv/irgin here, we don't want superhero discussion on our board, it only devolves into For You and other DC/Marvel memes.
>>
>>91789326
Well you can fuck off and stay there, theyre movies, they belong on that board.
>>
>>91789307
>kicking bendis and slott
>no more Vs. arcs
>xmen getting buried
>no more rehashes
>too many events and tie ins
>classic characters getting shafter by diversity casts

list goes on
>>
>>91780193
>The series will span the entire universe and touch on the "glory days" of characters like Odinson, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, the Avengers, America Chavez, Iron Man, Moon Knight, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, the X-Men and many others.
wait, America Chavez? She's so recent though
>>
>>91789307
We just want better writing.
>>
File: joeiswatching.jpg (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
joeiswatching.jpg
1MB, 1200x1600px
>>91780207
By*

Though a four page spread of this looming out of the pages at you is a terrifying thought.
>>
>>91789412
She has gotten so bad so quickly that they need to fix her
>>
>>91786699
How is she sweating through her suit?
>>
>>91789364

With all the SYNERGY comics have with the movies it would be nearly impossible.
>>
>>91789326
Everything on your goddamn board devolves into memes. I've tried to go there for some Better Call Saul or Into the Badlands threads, and it was just as shit as any cape thread.
>>
>>91789414

you don't know what better writing is
>>
>>91780904
It's part of the Black Kid Eductational tier.

Start them with Moon Girl

Follow up with America for the sassy ratchet ones

Mellow them with Riri to pursue their STEM goals

Set them up for disappointment as despite achieving their own personal goals, a white woman will have your position anyway (Sorry, Monica.)
>>
>>91789412
Maybe it's a clever joke?

The glory days of America Chavez was when she didn't exist, therefore she will fuck off?

Or the glory days was before Gillen put his hands on her, when she was straight and latina, instead of gay from lesbian dimension.

One man can dream.
>>
>>91789326
You have to go back.
>>
>>91787347
Honestly, yeah.

I still have my old copies of the One Piece tankos that I rewrote Zolo to ZoRo and later Eneru as Enel in. It would never occur to me to bitch about besmirching them.
>>
>>91789445
Not an argument, movies belong on the movie board.
>>
>>91786987
good stories?
>>
>>91789326
>Fa/tv/irgin here, we don't want superhero discussion on our board

Confirmed for someone not from /tv/
>>
File: 4316411-jenchav2.jpg (271KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
4316411-jenchav2.jpg
271KB, 960x544px
>>91789486
>>91789412

Even in her "glory days" she was an annoying cunt.
>>
>>91789607
I've been to /tv/ and I can confirm that they don't seem to want any discussion.
>>
>>91788649
Because Marvel Comics got in trouble for hiring an Anti-Semite for X-Men and for calling their readers racist. If shit like that keeps making the headlines, Disney ain't gonna be happy.
>>
>>91789486
Gay from the lesbian dimension is fine, it's pretty claremont honestly. The YASSS QUEEEEN SLAAY YOU GAY POWER LATINX GODDEXX is the problem
>>
>>91789607
Been there long before that now cesspool was poisoned by generals and cape threads.

I like comics, but not in my television and film discussion. They should have their own containment board.
>>
>>91789653
>got in trouble for hiring an Anti-Semite
Like Hollywood did with Mel Gibson?
>>
>>91789653
And by calling their readers racist do you mean "the last two years worth of anti-white male racism" or whatshisface being called racist by the anti-white bigots when he finally admitted their SJW bullshit was racist and sales poisoning and killed the company?
>>
You want to know what the saddest thing of this whole mess is ging to be?

It will most likely end up being successful regardless of overall quality and only increase the amount of consolewar bullshit on /co/.

Becuase lets face it: pandering to nostalgiafags and fanboys always fucking works even if you spent the previous amount of time shitty on them or you basically rearrange things to feel more like what fanboys really want as opposed to enacting real change and learning from the companies mistakes
>>
>>91789653
>Because Marvel Comics got in trouble for hiring an Anti-Semite for X-Men

Hey. He also loathes Chrsitians. Don't leave that out. Anti-Semite downplays the fact that he's an Islamist shitheel.
>>
File: Mickey_Mouse.png (70KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Mickey_Mouse.png
70KB, 250x250px
>>91782540
>'In the end'? Nothing ends, Ah-Huh! Nothing ever ends.
>>
>>91781250
Those are called Annuals.
>>
>>91790048
Its everything lives.

So donald duck was behind it all.
>>
>>91789799
This was different.

The artist was Muslim and posted not only anti-Jewish stuff but anti-Christian stuff, along with referencing a KKK-type Fundie Islam group that wants to murder the current President of Indonesia simply because he is anti-corruption and the Fundie Muslims want to keep their corrupt shit going strong...
>>
>>91782540
Nah, it needs to be more minor but iconic than that. Something like Scrooge's #1 dime.
>>
>>91782540
>>91790048
That would actually be great
>>
>>91790098
No, 5th Week events were not annuals.

DC, who pioneered the whole "5th Week" event crap, would put out a bunch of one-shots that basically had a theme to them. Like "Girl Power" (a bunch of one-offs with Lois Lane, the female Mist, Donna Troy, the Secret, and IIRC the very first appearance of Birds of Prey) that spotlighted a bunch of female characters that didn't have their own books or were B-listers.

Or launched a new book (Power Company, which had five one offs introducing the new characters in the book by teaming them with existing heroes for an adventure). Or a filler mini-series (The Silver Age or the mini where the Big Seven create their own JLA with the A standing for Aliens or Atlantians or Arkham Asylum inmates).
>>
>>91788697
Hell, there seems to be a civil war brewing right now between the comics and MCU side of things, with Spencer et al reminding people that Hydra existed before the Nazis and were aligned with them, and the TV side (AoS) telling people that Hydra=Nazis
>>
>>91789799
Mel Gibson was in the dog house for like a decade, wasn't he?
>>
>>91790167
>scrooge's #1 dime
>implying the entirety of the marvel universe has a chance against scrooge if he thinks they stole his dime

That's one way to reboot, have scrooge utterly destroy the current universe.
>>
>>91790287
You retards need to drop this shit, it's not important.
>>
>>91789982
>It will most likely end up being successful regardless of overall quality and only increase the amount of consolewar bullshit on /co/.
Rebirth had an uncertainty to it for many but also had people willing to give it a shot because Johns was front and center helping sway the masses. This has nothing but people openly shitting on it as a clear and insencere Rebirth ripoff. And it's not just console war fags shitting on it, it's Marvel's actual fans and readers who have been doing so since NOW2. If it's successful, then it's going to be noticeably less so than Rebirth. I think a lot of Marvel fans realize that the company needs a total house cleaning and it'd benefit them more in the long run if Legacy bombed.
>>
Until they stop their movie synergy with the Guardians, they're not breaking anything.
>>
>>91790287
Does it really matter if Hydra is Nazi when several of Cap's top Hydra guys are literal or Neo Nazis? I mean fucking seriously, the semantics level around this shit is so insane.
>>
>>91780192
why the half masks with peter and miles
I get that it's an old spider-man logo but it makes the promo pic look weird
>>
>>91784951
Yeah, DC, with all it's fictional cities, manages to get a much better geographical distribution through the US compared to Marvel's New York, California, and a vast, Hulk inhabited desert wasteland in between.
>>
>>91790287
>with Spencer et al reminding people that Hydra existed before the Nazis and were aligned with them, and the TV side (AoS) telling people that Hydra=Nazis

But the comics and TV are overseen by the same guy, it's the movies that aren't in their control.
>>
File: pic022.jpg (392KB, 1280x1971px) Image search: [Google]
pic022.jpg
392KB, 1280x1971px
>>91784515
So another ripoff of DC?
>>
Last page revealed Fantastic Four is back, page after is an ad basically showing Marvel Studios also acquired Fantastic Four rights from Fox.
>>
just get some new writers ffs
>>
>>91781250
what, we literally just had that. Last month's fifth week was the Hanna Barbera Crossover Specials. Next month we're gonna have Lazarus Contract and after that we're gonna have the Looney Tunes Crossover Specials
>>
>>91792058
That's how we ended up with America.
>>
>>91787850
Comics ARE planned for release week by week. But then you have a fifth week where nothing is regularly scheduled for release, yet you want to fill in that time with a new release regardless. That's where the fifth-week annuals or events come into play.
>>
>>91792058
They've gotten lots of new writers over the past couple years

What they need is some new editors and management
Alonso and Brevoort gotta go at the very least
>>
>>91790583
Yep:

Metropolis - southern Delaware
Gotham - southern New Jersey
Gateway (Wonder Woman) - San Francisco Bay area, she's been based in Boston as well.
Coast City - SoCal
Central City/Keystone City - Missouri/Kansas border
New Venice (Aquaman) - ??? He's been in Boston though. I like to think New Venice would be somewhere in Florida given a chance to choose.
Star City - Pacific Northwest
Ivy Town (Atom) - upstate New York
Opal City (Starman) - Eastern Shore of Maryland
Hub City (Question) - American Bottoms
Midway City (Hawkman) - Great Lakes, usually Chicago analogue, I think they tried to stick it in north Michigan by Sault Ste. Marie
St. Roch (Hawkman - southern Louisiana
Fawcett (Captain Marvel) - Wisconsin
>>
>>91781514
It will honestly be interesting to see what they think they can do to top the button reveal.

I'm down with that other Anon's idea that it's going to be Miracleman joining the Marvel Universe. Does Marvel even have anything non-Marvel-Universe that is Watchmen-tier in terms of normie recognition?
>>
>>91792740
Nope, Miracleman is the closest they have to it.
>>
>>91780192
When does that Legacy thing release?
I don't follow any Marvel comics recently, but I'm looking forward to the shitstorm.
>>
>Event will break the internet
>The final few pages are Spider-Man in a sewer.
>He finds something in the much.
>It's a keyblade.
>And then from off panel comes a "A-HYUK, GORSH"
>And then Peter looks up and sees Goofy, beside him stands Yoda.
>The last panel is Yoda saying "Begun, the keyblade wars have."

>The internet is confused.
>>
>>91780192
>''Will break the internet''
That's not good.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (92KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
92KB, 601x508px
>>91784676
Fuck
>>
>>91792812
Hmm.

Well, if the other Anon is correct in that they can't touch Miracleman until Gaiman is done with his series, then they'll either pressure him into completing his series, have somebody else finish the series as a "co-writer", or resurrect some obscure but notable character in Marvel's history and expect normies to care.

Probably some Golden Age character like The Masked Raider or The Angel or Ka-Zar or The American Ace or The Ferret or Electro or The Vision.
>>
>>91792259
They're obviously not planned week to week if there's nothing regularly scheduled for release on a specific week, that means it's scheduled month to month.
>>
>>91792911
Fund it.
>>
>>91792740
>>91792812
>Miracleman stole the good will of white heroes
>>
>>91792705
>Metropolis - southern Delaware
>Gotham - southern New Jersey

These two are actual canon right? I remember reading that somewhere.
>>
>>91792890
Hm? When does this shit release?
>>
>>91787130
So would it be a good start to get the Rebirth one-shot and then just go to read whatever Rebirth title from number 1 onward to have a good starting point?
>>
>>91782898
I don't think Alonso likes superhero comics. Or at least it's not what he really wants to be doing.

He came to Marvel from Vertigo, and one of his first big successes at Marvel was bringing the Vertigo style to an X-book (X-Statix).

Not to say he can't edit superhero comics because he also took over Amazing Spider-Man and improved it a lot. But I don't think the genre is his life.

He's also a complete dud when it comes to dealing with the media. When he had his CBR column he'd just give robotic press release answers to everything.
>>
File: gothammetropolis.jpg (26KB, 275x185px) Image search: [Google]
gothammetropolis.jpg
26KB, 275x185px
>>91793433
>>
File: dcatlas.jpg (180KB, 747x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dcatlas.jpg
180KB, 747x1200px
>>91793995
>>
File: hehehe.gif (2MB, 447x260px) Image search: [Google]
hehehe.gif
2MB, 447x260px
>>91780192
So this... is the power of the Marvel Machine....
>>
>>91787899

It's Doom.
Doom?
Doom. Doctor Doom.
Oh my god! You're telling me it's THE Doom?
It's Victor. Victor Von Doom. That's what I'm telling you.
>>
>>91780192

Yea, everyone will wait and see it for free
>>
>>91786561
That's because Sentry is 10 year old OC levels of stupid bullshit
>>
>>91793871
>Or at least it's not what he really wants to be doing
then the fucker needs to let someone else do it who does
>>
>>91791492
>Last page revealed Fantastic Four is back, page after is an ad basically showing Marvel Studios also acquired Fantastic Four rights from Fox.

I can see Disney telling Perlmutter to go fuck himself and bringing back the FF, but buying back the movie rights from a studio which has consistently gouged on buyback price? Just so they can make everyone cringe?

I'm not saying it's impossible, but the announcement's wording implies that people have been begging for a long time which sounds a lot more like Peter/MJ.

Then again, maybe both are happening.
>>
>>91792705
>Ivy Town (Atom) - upstate New York
It's New Haven and always has been. Even in Golden Age comics they identified it as being next to "Harford."
>>
>>91793995
Thanks mate, I made the list that kickstarted this line.

Every other city has been mentioned, sometimes pretty consistently, to be in the areas/states I mentioned or in that one DC Universe Atlas - which in turn took a lot of their placements from the comics, which in turn fed back to later comics using that atlas for information.
>>
>>91794879
I stand happily corrected, then, and the map above shows you as right.
>>
>>91780783
It's not Miracleman's fault that you're too casual to know your classics, dude.
>>
>>91795096
>Miracleman
>classic
It doesn't even have a movie.
>>
File: 1492928240289.png (230KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
1492928240289.png
230KB, 300x297px
>>91795273
stop
>>
>>91795273
>/tv/ invades /co/ again
That's my cue to go to bed. G'night.
>>
>>91780192

LEAKED!
>>91795560
>>
>>91795997
Doom picking it up was more hype than that shit.
>>
>>91795997
That's not Marvel: Legacy, that's something else and probably even dumber than what will happen in the oneshot this fall.
>>
>>91780192
How is Marvel going to repair Steve's reputation after he literally put minorities into concentration camps?
>>
>>91796271
Secret Empire
>>
>>91782770
and then they go to Herogasm, right?
>>
>>91780540

Nobody fucking cares about Miracleman no matter how good it is
>>
File: fantasia_movie_image_6.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fantasia_movie_image_6.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
>>91788625
>I doubt Disney wants a cartoon with a character called DEVIL Dinosaur.

Dude.
>>
>>91780192
>break the Internet."
So it's clickbait huh?
>>
>>91792740
>Does Marvel even have anything non-Marvel-Universe that is Watchmen-tier in terms of normie recognition?

No. They don't anything that is in the Marvel universe that is Watchmen tier either
>>
>>91796522
It's not good, it's edgy.
>>
>>91782851
Disney wouldn't give a shit if marvel fucked with the comics
>>
File: mania fanart.png (182KB, 2104x3928px) Image search: [Google]
mania fanart.png
182KB, 2104x3928px
>>91789307
One problem I have with Marvel is that when it comes to new characters they tend to promote the shitty or mediocre ones (such as Miles, Riri, Moon Girl) while leaving cool and more interesting characters like pic related in the dust.
>>
>>91796530

Chernobog isn't a devil, though. He's an ancient Slavic god of night.
>>
>>91796669
Star Wars
>>
>>91796669
Except they have something even more people like. They have Star Wars.
>>
>>91781072
Look at this normie
>>
>>91783941
>Used to be
>>
>>91781804
I kinda want to read that.
>>
>>91797368
>>91797609
Please be true, I need the laugh
>>
>>91798084

Disney isn't going to let Marvel fuck up Star Wars
>>
>it's a Marvel copies DC episode
Too bad they completely missed the point of why Rebirth was such a success.

It's also kind telling to just how desperate they must be to just so blatantly rip off Rebirth.
>>
>>91780192
Welp, that's just gonna make the ending all the more disappointing.
>>
>>91798415
Mephisto restores Peter and MJ's marriage

it has no long term effect on sales and Quesada is furious
>>
File: EKRJu6y.png (662KB, 587x527px) Image search: [Google]
EKRJu6y.png
662KB, 587x527px
>>91780192
How the tables have turned
>>
MCU will be the new main Marvel universe
Search your feelings
>>
>>91799402
This is apparently a jab at Green Lantern/The Flash Rebirth, not DC Rebirth.

But I think there WAS a more recent jab at Rebirth in another comic.
>>
File: Spencer.jpg (900KB, 1528x4440px) Image search: [Google]
Spencer.jpg
900KB, 1528x4440px
>>91799402
You don't know the half of it.
>>
>>91800023

*pauses, cocks head"

Why do people do this?
>>
>>91800206
*grabs you by the neck* back the fuck off??
>>
I still believe that the last revelation will be Miracleman.
>>
>>91800525

That wouldn't break the Internet. Nobody would care
>>
So it's going to be shit.Got it.
>>
>>91800525
no one fucking cares about a character who's occasionally storytimed on /co/
no one

"break the internet" would be a reveal showing the DCU and announcing the two companies merged

Bringing back Peter and MJ's marriage would be momentarily interesting with a few media sound bites

Bringing back Mar-Vell: meh

> We'll integrate Star Wars into the the MU
laughingstock for years

Marvel has a track record of insisting THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING and then annoying fans.
Thread posts: 512
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.