[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so I picked up the first volume of Preacher the other day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 2724._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (27KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
2724._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
27KB, 360x360px
Okay, so I picked up the first volume of Preacher the other day and read through it and thought it was great. So, it turns out the first season of the show is supposed to cover the first 10 issues of the comic, right? Anyway, I start watching the first episode and they COMPLETELY CHANGED TULIP'S CHARACTER. WHY? She was fine, why does she have nearly super human skills and WHY is Jesse aware that she is a killer? Why does she have to be typical grrrl power character number 1234334??? She was fine in the comics, she was realistically tough in the issues I read. Also, she LIVED in Anville? This completely ruins the iron clad backstory! It was solid, why change it? Why did they change Cassidy and Tulip meeting up to- not meeting up. It makes sense for her to be going with Cassidy to Texas because she's on the run, NOT to find Jesse. Seriously, does it make sense later on or did they just change shit for no fucking reason? I'm all for changes, but why so drastic ones?
>>
>>91776002
Don't worry anon your opinions are the same as a lot of people when it comes to tulips new portrale. You haven't read up to it so I won't spoil but I was more annoyed that Cassidy takes off his sunglasses within the first three minutes he's on screen. Preacher was always going to be a hard book to adapt especially on amc but so far even with the changes I am enjoying it and interested to see more even if it's not completely accurate to the source material. Back before I upgraded to an absolute edition of preacher I owned the trades and when I leant them to people who watched the show they were annoyed by tulip too.
>>
>>91776002
It could be worst. You could be a fan of the comic book version of walking dead
>>
>>91776349
Even worse he could be a fan of the comic version of Lucifer.
>>
>>91776300
Well, I am only one episode in and I actually did enjoy it in spite of the changes and I still have 8 volumes to read anyway. I was just a bit thrown off is all.

>>91776349
I actually am a fan of the comic but I saw the first 3 seasons of the show before I read the comic, it helped me gain some perspective I think. That 'half the season is good and half of it is bad' meme really is true.

>>91776487
True. Huge fans of the comic must have been crushed.
>>
>>91777025
They should have skipped terminus all together. Go from the governer straight to Alexandria and negan to keep the pressure on.
>>
>>91777798
They should have had terminus end quickly like it did in the comics. They kill the cannibal group in a day in the comic which shows how vicious and merciless they had become, instead with terminus they made it like every other threat.
>>
I had serious doubts about this (especially since it's on basic cable) and won't be watching, based on what I've read here.
Literally half of the best dialogue is unusable on AMC.
>>
Just read the books and ignore the fact that the adaptation exists.

Y'know, as you should do with everything that doesn't have an adaptation so stellar that it makes you take note of it.
>>
>>91778053
>not watching something based on /co/'s opinion

>>91778065
How would you know it's stellar or not if you haven't seen it? I don't trust other people's opinion enough to assume they're right.
>>
>>91778499
Isolated cases, yes. Don't trust people's opinion. But if something starts getting talked about enough that you, say, overhear random other people talking about it on multiple occasions, that can generally be a sign that it is at least worth looking at. Not a promise it's good, but worth investigating.

I somehow doubt you heard many groups of people talking about Preacher.
>>
>>91778561
Yeah, I only know of preacher because my Dad had a friend who read it in college. Weird.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.