[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just finished reading Gotham Central off of /co/'s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

So I just finished reading Gotham Central off of /co/'s excellent recommendation and holy shit, I wasn't expecting it to be so good. I wasn't intending to read 52 after it, but fuck it, now I'm invested enough in Montoya's crazy downward spiral that I want to see it to the end. RIP, Allen.

Recommend me more stories where the focus is on ordinary people that in-universe aren't that important (ex. redshirts from Star Trek or Gotham Central cast) instead of the major in-universe heroes, please. I've had a taste and now I want more.
>>
>>91751271
Astro City
>>
File: Marvels 01.jpg (23KB, 369x575px) Image search: [Google]
Marvels 01.jpg
23KB, 369x575px
>>91751271
It's short, but check out Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross' Marvels.
Also, glad you enjoyed Gotham Central. Hell of a book.
>>
Are you fine with comics that have nothing to do with superheroes at all?
>>
>>91751477

Hell yes, especially since I actually just started to read cape comics recently. I just have a spot spot for ordinary people that are forced to deal with situations way out of their pay grade.
>>
>>91751271
Montoya is fucking terrible and her parts in 52 were by far the worst.
>>
>>91751365
THIS.

Also if you're looking for a GC continuation in 52 I think you'll be disappointed. It's not a bad book though.
>>
File: hitman01.jpg (122KB, 500x771px) Image search: [Google]
hitman01.jpg
122KB, 500x771px
FUCKING THIS.

Ever wanted to see what shit like No Man's Land or a run-of-the-mill alien invasion looks like to ordinary, low-income citizens of Gotham? Ever wanted to see the crime lords that Batman doesn't bother with? Ever wanted to see homeless people fighting Lobo?
>>
>>91751592
t. America Chavez fan
>>
>>91751787
do those exist?
>>
>>91751801
Yes and they're mostly Montoya fans also.
>>
>>91751815
They are not.

America Chavez fans think she is the first gay latina in comics.
>>
>>91751841
Well, she's the first gay latina from a dimension of gay latinas. And she has a godawful name.

That's something.
>>
>>91751841
Heard some bullshit podcast recently where some idiots were talking about stuff they loved recently(America, Moon Girl and Wasp) and how Rebirth is a awesome and New 52 was a sin against humanity. Earlier they talked about how cool Rene Montoya is.
>>
I'm really interested in the overarching cultural/societal differences that certain heroes/villains cause.

Things like-
Are birthday/circus/fairground clowns despised in Gotham because it reminds people of the Joker? What do people think about TV shows/cartoons featuring clowns? Is using the phrase "clowning around" frowned upon?

Do people collect Spiderman's webbing? Do they see it as a good luck charm or a nuisance to clean up or anything like that? Do they sell it on Ebay? Are they less afraid or friendlier to regular spiders?

Does being good at running/track and field in Central City schools make you popular? Are there fewer fat kids because they want to be like the flash?

Is the online dating scene for men in Metropolis even harder because women constantly compare them to "the perfect man", Superman? Do women sometimes develop a hardcore fetish for Superman and have to go to therapy to help them have normal relationships? Do some of them go nuts and jump off a building or drive into oncoming traffic expecting Supes to save them, fall in love, and live happily ever after? What other superheroes or villains inspire fetishes or weird fandoms? (please don't ruin the thread with that last one)
>>
>>91751992
Spider-man's webbing dissolves after an hour or so
>>
>>91751815
>>91751841
>>91751916

OP here. I like Renee Monotoya, but America Chavez genuinely pisses me off on a level I can barely describe and I say that as someone who's actually gay, so Marvel can go fuck themselves if they think that America's any good.
>>
File: Code_of_Honor_Vol_1_4.jpg (50KB, 299x453px) Image search: [Google]
Code_of_Honor_Vol_1_4.jpg
50KB, 299x453px
>>91751271

This was alright. It shows what cops and paramedics and shit were doing during things like Secret Wars and Inferno.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.