[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am convinced that this movie is a secret masterpiece. How it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: p175618_p_v7_ad.jpg (120KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
p175618_p_v7_ad.jpg
120KB, 480x720px
I am convinced that this movie is a secret masterpiece. How it doesn't have the cultural status as Shrek or certain Pixar films outside of families is beyond me
>>
I'll elaborate on my point. Not only does it pull off being simply a hugely entertaining kid's film, it manages to do so while incorporating elements of wuxia, 20th century kung fu cinema, classical eastern mysticism and the hero's journey. If you go into this film with an open mind and a receptiveness to positive messages, it's almost impossible not to come out of it having gained something significant.
>>
ye its good

i like the second one better tho
>>
i hate "lovable oaf" trope.
>>
>>91750990
Why does everyone (on /co/ at least) say that? You can argue that Shen is a better villain than Tai Lung, but the sequel is inferior to the original in every other way. The jokes aren't funny, most of the new characters are pointless and flat, action scenes are boring and there's barely any fighting in them.
>>
This is now a master tigress thread
>>
>>91751301
Visually speaking, the second one was way better
>>
This is one of those films that should not work in the slightest. I mean Jack Black? That's Cars/Larry the Cable Guy-tiers of casting

However, unlike Cars, the Kung Fu Panda movies have all ranged from great to amazing.
>>
>>91750709
>How it doesn't have the cultural status as Shrek
It was released 7 years later??
>>
>>91750709
The Kung Fu Panda is my favorite Dreamworks franchise
>>
>>91750709
The first movie was great. I nostalgia-ed hard. Some of the fights are like in old Jacky Chan movies.
>>
>>91751599

Better late than never.
>>
>>91751301
The entire first movie takes place in the valley for the most part; the sequel takes place in another city, has a better villain, explains part of Po's backstory, and has him do martial arts that shows that he is the Dragon (besides the wushi finger hold).
>>
I adore the KFP movies. Everything is beautiful and slick, it's aged pretty well and I always adore the transitions between 2D and 3D.
Also Tigress is cute.

I do think Po got wayyy too much of a power up in the third movie, despite really loving it.
>>
>>91750709
I wish someone would do a cut where every scene with Po is gone, then it is an excellent movie. Just like Howard The Duck.
>>
File: 2-ch1307265565671.jpg (57KB, 712x539px) Image search: [Google]
2-ch1307265565671.jpg
57KB, 712x539px
KFP1
>Shifu and the Five are really unlikable and useless
>Completely standard, by-the-numbers plot
>The villain is the only one who seems like he knows how to fight
>The villain's backstory is literally "WAAAAAHHHH DADDY DIDN'T LOVE ME ENOUGH!"

KFP2
>Po achieves inner peace by learning that his mother was brutally murdered
>Po somehow has flashbacks to when he was a fucking infant
>Shen's backstory is literally "WAAAAAHHHH MOMMY AND DADDY DIDN'T LOVE ME ENOUGH!"
>The Soothsayer is just a rehash of the turtle from Kung-fu Panda 1
>Shen's plan is to invade all of China with like, seven ships
>The Furious Five fail over and over, getting captured twice

KFP3
>LE FUNNY PANDAS XD
>Shifu and the Five are still useless
>LE MORE FUNNY PANDAS XD
>Villain is completely underdeveloped, but at least they ditched the whiny backstory
>LE EVEN MORE FUNNY PANDAS XD
>Villain is once again the only guy (aside from Po) who even seems like he knows how to fight

Why do you faggots jerk off to this series so much?
>>
>>91754015
Stop copypasting your own post, your opinion has no value.
>>
>>91754015
You're oversimplifying the bad guys motivations in the first one. It was a classic student/master dynamic gone wrong. It's obvious that the entire point of Shifu taking in Po was to redeem himself after his failures training Tai Lung.

Didn't see the other two, but I assume people like these because they have good voice actors and the plots are deeper than shit like Wreak it Ralph.
>>
The music was good

The final showdown music between Shen and Po was great and Kai's theme was catchy
>>
>>91750709
I fucking love Jack Black for how god awful his comedy is. Nacho Libre is one of my favorite moves because of how stupid every joke in it is. KFP is pretty GOAT
>>
>>91750709
Because it's about a fucking panda, OP
>>
Say it with me now

BETTER
>>
>>91750709
Po vs Tai Lung was weak compared to Po vs Shen.
Po vs Kai looked beautiful, but Po essentially went Super saiyan god and roflstomped Kai while the spirit realm flashed bright colors.

All 3 movies are good, but the 1st and 2nd are the best imo.

2>1>3
>>
>>91751927
It's this. Kung Fu Panda doesn't actually do anything all that special or new, it's just a well put together movie (about Jack Black as a kung fu panda). There's no reason it would be more "important" than Shrek or Pixar.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.