[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am making a video about the history of the Flash and how he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I am making a video about the history of the Flash and how he popularized Legacy characters. The only issue is that I never read any Bart Stories. What are the best/most import Impulse stories?
>>
>>91748538
Just real all of Young Justice (the 1990s comic, no the show.)

His comic is mostly just goofs and gafs. Entire issues of him just running around being cartoony.
>>
>>91748538
His solo series.
Young Justice.
His short period as Flash.
Waid's Flash and Johns' Teen Titans are optional.
>>
>>91748574
>>91748602
Thanks. If his Flash run isn't very long I might just read all of it, I was wondering if there were specific arcs that were considered to be the best.
>>
>>91748916
>his Flash run isn't very long I might just read all of it

Don't do that.
>>
What are you making your video about exactly OP?
>>
>>91749095
This is what I have done so far.
https://my.mixtape.moe/bmersi.webm

Basically I want to make a quick run down of the Flashes and show how The Flash being a legacy Character has helped the series. I will use this to argue that while having Barry as the "main Flash" might make it easier to market movies with since you only need to promote one character, it hurts the series and prevents the series to grow since going from Jay to Barry to Wally all helped the comic.
>>
Bart is bar-none the most unpopular member of the Flash Family. It's telling that his time as Flash didn't last very long and he only became Kid Flash very briefly near the end of pre-Flashpoint DC when Wally's daughter became Impulse.
>>
>>91749253
Yeah, I always knew he was the least popular. He sort of broke the chain of Flashes (which I want to talk about in my video) because it went Jay>Barry>Wally>Bart and then back to Wally since Bart wasn't received well.
>>
File: Hal_and_Barry[1].jpg (87KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
Hal_and_Barry[1].jpg
87KB, 600x456px
>>91749209
Oh, I also want to talk a bit about how Green Lantern Followed with Hal and also saw successes thanks to it and how while Hal has been "The Green Lantern" for some time at least there are signs of them moving away from that.
>>
>>91748958
Not OP but I'd it really that bad?
>>
>>91748538
I liked that issue of Impulse where he pisses of his entire school.
>>
File: Impulse 51 page11.jpg (207KB, 680x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Impulse 51 page11.jpg
207KB, 680x1023px
>>91748538
Bart's own series and his appearances in Young Justice were pretty comedic and light-hearted in tone. The biggest obstacles he kept struggling with were his own impulsive and reckless behaviour, as well as his naive, childish personality. He was pretty thick-headed about learning the lessons his mentors tried to teach him, and he enjoyed going fast too much; he frequently lacked the patience to stop and think things through. He had some weird cartoony traits like big wild hair, big feet, and his habit of thinking with caricatures in his thought balloons.

I found Bart pretty fun when he used to be Impulse. During his time as Kid Flash and Flash, they tried to make him grow up a bit and appear more serious. He started to feel like a different character, and there wasn't much appeal left in him anymore.
>>
>>91749601
Isn't really bad, but neither Wally fans or Bart fans received it well. The character matured too much in almost no time, and Impulse's charm was always his silly nature.
>>
>>91748602
John's teen titan run is important (at least the first arc) because explains Bart motivation to change his name from Impulse to Kid Flash.
>>
>>91749392
> at least there are signs of them moving away from that.
As long as Geoff works at DC, Hal will never stop being "the green lantern".
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.