[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like half of this movie is absolute 10/10 but the other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: frollo.png (320KB, 917x493px) Image search: [Google]
frollo.png
320KB, 917x493px
I feel like half of this movie is absolute 10/10 but the other half is just mediocre.

I know it would never happen but if Disney made the movie without worrying about appealing to little kids I think it would be one of if not their best.
>>
>>91747405
Watch the stage musical. It has everything you're looking for and is more faithful to the original book

https://youtu.be/lKZbtLxxPfg
>>
This movie should have been a 100% adult movie. Disney should try that for once, just as an experiment; making an animated movie aimed at adults.
>>
>>91748621
There's less money in that
>>
>>91747405
I'm sure the inevitable live action remake will cater to you more.
>>
>>91747405
Where Frollo is a priest?
>>
>>91747405
Get rid of the Gargoyles and it'd be perfect
>>
>>91747921
>not posting superior musical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DyPn_3bNzg
>>
>>91747921
This
The musical is fantastic and leagues above the movie. It did the best thing it could have, keep all the songs (except "Guy Like You" and heavily re-write "Bells of Notre Dame") and change almost everything else to be more faithful to the book.

If there's a disney remake I would actually be hyped for, it'd be this one so long as they based it around the musical instead of the movie.
>>
>>91750019
It's Disney, they're probably the single most insulated entertainment company on Earth when it comes to not having a hit. They have more legroom to experiment than anyone else and it'd be interesting to see even if it commercially failed.
>>
>>91750909
>>91750961
Yeah, basically what this anon said >>91747921

It gets rid of all the bullshit and reintroduces the adult themes like religious extremism and genocide from the book.
>>
>>91750875
This is a movie I'd like to see a live action version of. If only they take away the gargoyles and make it more mature.
>>
>>91750909
Frollo is a priest in the book; in the movie he's a judge.
>>
>>91750961
I actually liked that that Quasimodo was the only person who could see the gargoyles. It had a schizo vibe. Of course, until the fucking goat interacts with them too, then it just became toy story.
>>
>>91747405

Why didn't Esmeralda just go out with him? He's the Sheriff of Notre Dame so the world would have been her oyster
>>
>>91751527
That concept isn't a bad one in and of itself, if it was actually used like that. However they're played for comic relief and even take part in the big fight at the end
>>
>>91751576
>and even take part in the big fight at the end
I hated that so fucking much. The ending was a trainwreck
>>
>>91747921
I never understood why they never released a "professional" recording of stage productions once the tour ends.
>>
You know what I really hate about this movie?

The song order. Every time I want to listen to the great rendition of heavens light/hellfire they have for this movie, it's immediately followed by Jason's Alexanders obnoxious ass in the intro of A Guy Like You
>>
So what was the original ending anyway?
>>
>>91752876
Quasimodo rapes her dead corpse.

Totally not lying.
>>
File: costanza.png (457KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
costanza.png
457KB, 600x450px
>>91752844
>he doesn't like Jason Alexander
>>
>>91747405
This movie suprisingly has only one minus(or two if you hate gargoyles)

That Frollo isn't a priest but somehow he raised Quasimodo in Notre Damme while he also was a judge in palace of justice

Where the fuck he found a time for carrying of the baby?

Is just a political correct shit that Disney didn't want controversy

Also in my opinion Disney version is more superior than a book because of festival, it's much more pacing, plot and it's a powerful scene(when Quasimodo got bullied) than plot we have in the book
Also merging Gringoire and Clopin as one character was better idea because Gringoire in the book is so fucking useless and pathetic
>>
>>91751527
And the gargoyles manage to knock out some guards.
Yeah, just turning this into a schizo episode would have been way more interesting.
>>
File: 1492744206953.gif (1MB, 511x315px) Image search: [Google]
1492744206953.gif
1MB, 511x315px
>>91752949
is this real?
>>
>>91747921

huh... never knew abut this. I like it, Frollo feels much more human and explains why he hates Gypsies specifically.
>>
>>91750961
I feel like it wouldn't be too difficult to just trim around the kiddy pandering shit and produce a really good fanedit of HoND
>>
>>91752083
I've always found that odd. A decent number of major stage shows are put on DVD after the fact, but not nearly as many as you'd expect.
>>
>>91754628
No, he just goes to where the corpses are dumped and stays with her body until he dies.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.