[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you go girl! jesus christ, what happened to the villain who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_nfbi1ufCSE1tbur04o6_1280.jpg (290KB, 478x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfbi1ufCSE1tbur04o6_1280.jpg
290KB, 478x960px
you go girl!

jesus christ, what happened to the villain who slept her way through school? i dont mind redemption at all but come on
>>
Aren't BOTH of the "doctors" in this panel psychiatrists?

Like, the joke is there's someone wounded and he goes "I'm not that kind of doctor" but neither the fuck is she.
>>
>>91738260
wasn't she a psychiatrist or something like that? everyone knows psychiatrists aren't real doctors.
>>
>>91738328
You still need a fair bit medical training to be a psychologist. It's not like having a DFA - She still has a lot of hours in the medical field.
>>
>>91738366
*psychiatrist, natch
>>
>>91738366
no respect for psychological subjects, study physics or mathematics.
>>
Why do you have a problem with her earning her degree? There have been other stories where she straight up was a good student but got lured by the joker to the wild side but you didn't have a problem with that.
>>
>>91738260
she was sleeping with her teacher to get extra-leeway but she was still a good student.

the proffesor she was sleeping with stole her mostly-finished thesis paper when she went loko and published it under his name and his career skyrocketed

also the joke is the Dr Fate IS a real doctor but he can't prove that without giving away his secret identity, while harley is a psych doctor and completely unqualified to do surgery
>>
>>91738260
>Injustice
Nigga that shit is the Pro Wrestling of comic books.
And that's saying a lot
>>
>>91738763
>>91738863
Yes, there are stories that retcon her past, but don't you see how those retcons were done specifically to pander to her fanbase who think of her as "a strong woman trying to make it in a man's world"?

Because saying "she was a bad student and fucked her prof to pass" was 'problematic', even by early 00s standards, they made it so that it was the prof taking advantage of her, because then she's still just a misguided young woman.

The whole point is that she CAN'T have been a good psychiatry student because if she were, she would have realized the Joker was trying to manipulate her. Like, he's not even subtle about it. At all. "OH BOOHOO, MY DAD BEAT ME, BUT HEY, SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST MEAN THAT WAY... PEOPLE LIKE *BATMAN*."

No self-respecting psychiatrist would fall for that shit, and no Harley Quinn writer is edumacated enough to write an actually intelligent Dr. Quinzel, or a Joker smart and subtle enough to successfully manipulate her.
>>
>>91738315
>psychiatrists
Harley's a psychologist. It's not an MD which is why they can't prescribe jack shit.

But don't tell Tom, he'll just say AU and be done with it.
>>
>>91739457

Not really, she was always shown to be intelligent but wanted more out of her life which is why she was bored of her job. That's what attracted her to the Joker. But I'm more concerned over why you want her to be some dumb whore when that's uncalled for.
>>
>>91740848
>Not really, she was always shown to be intelligent but wanted more out of her life which is why she was bored of her job.
Except she wasn't bored with her job. She was EXCITED because it was her first internship out of college and, as mentioned in the page I posted as well as the animated adaptation, she wanted to write a tell-all book about one or more of Arkham's "eccentric" inmates. THAT'S the "more" she wanted out of life, money and fame, which Dr. Leland, whose sole existence is as a professional counterpoint to Harley's incompetence, points out is a pretty shit reason for getting into the field.

So the Joker mails her a flower, and rather than go to security, she lets herself get roped in to his mind games, and falls for the most obvious line ever:
>It's a name that puts a smile on my face... it makes me feel there's someone here I can relate to... someone who MIGHT LIKE TO HEAR MY SECRETS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZf7XhlKls
She then follows up by saying she was "prepared for anything" EXCEPT for him revealing he had an abusive childhood. I mean, fucking really? That seems like something any actually well-trained shrink would expect to come out sooner or later, and if you're in any way actually prepared to handle criminally sociopathic patients, you should know they'll lie and manipulate and say anything to get what they want. Forget the Joker, ANY sufficiently charismatic psycho can fabricate a great sob story when they want to. If you take what your CRIMINALLY INSANE PSYCHOTIC patient says at face value, then yes, you are a bad psychologist.

I don't want her to be "some dumb whore", but c'mon, dude. It's simple.

She fell for an obvious psychological ploy.

If she were any good at psychology, especially the "extreme personalities" she wanted, she would not have fallen for such an obvious ploy.
>>
>>91738315
>Aren't BOTH of the "doctors" in this panel psychiatrists?
One of the Dr. Fates was. Another was a Dentist.
>>
>>91740848
stop trying so hard
>>
is it doctor of psychology or psychiatrics?
>>
>>91738260
>what happened to the villain who slept her way through school
Only her thesis
>>
>>91739457
this
>>
>>91740848
you´re wrong dude
>>
>>91738260
The power of Feminism!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.