[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://collider.com/marvel-phase-4- movies-kevin-feige?utm_c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

http://collider.com/marvel-phase-4-movies-kevin-feige?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social#mcu

>>“We’ve been lucky that [contract expirations] haven’t factored in too much. We’ve had people under contract for certain films, then we’ve had new ideas and new directions like Civil War like we wanted to do, and we’ve been lucky enough to make new contracts. Or Spider-Man: Homecoming, the cast has been awesome in their enthusiasm for the direction and the storylines that we’ve been telling. So it really does, right now, all start with where we wanna take the stories. Certainly as we get to Infinity War there is a sense of a climax if not a conclusion to, by the time we’re at untitled Avengers 4, the 22 movies that will have encompassed the first three phases of the MCU. And what happens after that will be very different. I don’t know if it’s Phase 4, it might be a new thing.”

>>This is the first we’ve heard that the notion of “Phases” might end after Avengers 4, or at least the notion that life after Avengers 4 might not exactly be “Phase 4.” Whether that means a radical reboot of the MCU, focusing on new characters as folks like Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, and Chris Hemsworth depart, is unknown. But Feige did note that not a ton of focus is going into what’s happening after Avengers 4 right now, as Marvel Studios has its hands full with eight ongoing productions at the moment:

>>“We’re not actively discussing anything past untitled Avengers, other than we’ve dated Spider-Man: Homecoming 2—which that would not be the title but that’s what we would call it—because that’s the agreement we made with Sony for the inclusion of Spidey in the Avengers films, and James Gunn doing a third Guardians of the Galaxy at some point. But really the whole focus of Marvel Studios is, counting Guardians 2, the next eight films that are gonna take up all of our time.”
>>
Sounds reasonable.
>>
Not many properties left other than actively shitting on the television/Netflix IPs, or buying F4 rights back from Fox.
Can't say I'm too excited for much past Infinity War.
>>
>>91735386
I'm interested in if they're doing a proper Dr. Strange film and also Guardians 3 at least.
>>
>>91735386
What I hope is they go a bit smaller scale and standalone with some of the "Phase 4" movies, as you can't keep ramping up.

Having another three phases of build up would just exhaust audiences.
>>
>>91735517
>Having another three phases of build up would just exhaust audiences.
Good.

Live action needs to die.
>>
>>91735496
>a proper Dr. Strange film

Explain.
>>
Ego the Living Planet is Star Lord's father because Marvel is going to make at least one Fantastic Four prequel movie that takes place in the 70s or 80s that involves Ego attacking Earth for some reason, fighting the Fantastic Four, and impregnating Quill's mother. Most of the effects and memories of this will be undone somehow by some individual who has or acquires superpowers or magical abilities.

This will probably be the final or only Fantastic Four movie and will retcon them out of existence to explain why they are never mentioned in any other movies.

Movies starring the original Guardians of the Galaxy could occur around the same time period.

So we'll see Stakar coming up in GOTG2 and then Vision turning into Adam Warlock in Inifnity War.

This means that we could get Stakar, Ayesha, and Adam Warlock in one or more prequel movies and find out how Warlock and Magus ended up in the mind stone before AoU.
>>
>>91735538
the first Doctor Strange film was just Iron Man with a Doctor Strange coat of paint.

Yes yes it had "trippy" visuals, but the shit like having the cape be sentient like the magic carpet from alladin, making the ancient one directly tied with Dormammu, turning Mordo into Sinestro light, making shit like the sling rings, the really cheesy ghost fight, etc. were all not Doctor Strange.
>>
>>91735819
So just "not muh" stuff. Alright.
>>
>>91735538
>making the ancient one directly tied with Dormammu
>turning Mordo into Sinestro light
>the really cheesy ghost fight
>not Doctor Strange
So you know jackshit about Ditko Strange?
Even the cape's sentient behavior (though it was controlled telepathically by Stephen) is an ode to Ditko.

You're talking straight up shit, senpai.

I thought you were going to complain about the karate and magic melee because that was gay, but then you had to go out yourself as a casual. Pls leave.
>>
>>91735517
They've mentioned before that they're interested in doing this. Like having single phases build towards a climax.

So for example, instead of three phases building towards Infinity Gauntlet, you'd get one phase worth of movies building towards Dark Reign or something.
>>
>>91735386
Marvel has a shit ton of properties. I know you're going to say that most of them are literally whos, but let's not kid around here. So were the Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>91735819

But Mordo was always extremely Sinestro. He literally went to the Ancient one because his grandfather wanted to absord his power, and he lost respect and faith in humanity because of that. He then left the order because 'muh Chosen One does not deserve my respect'.

Admittedly in the comics it's usually him that summons Dormammu not the Ancient one, but I liked that twist.

The really cheesy ghost fight was literally based off a comic where Strange blows someone up by being shocked repeatedly, and the cape has been sentient before, though extremely subservient.
>>
>>91735993
was meant for >>91735819
>>
>>91735819

I liked how they handled Mordo, he wasn't set up to be fighting the mantle directly. He now sees the world as fucking too much with the fabric of reality by irresponsible people. It's a good well-intentioned extremist viewpoint and something far different from bidness baddies, Loki schemes, World Killers, and Hydra wjo overlaps with bidness baddies.
>>
>>91735819
Except that Doctor Strange started pretty much like MCU Tony Stark.
>>
Confirmed post-Phase 3 projects.

>Spider-Man 2
>Guardians of the Galaxy 3

Likely post-Phase 3 projects.

>Doctor Strange 2.
>Doctor Strange 3.
>Captain Marvel 2.
>Captain Marvel 3.
>Black Panther 2.
>Black Panther 3.
>Ant-Man 3.
>Captain America 4.
>Black Widow.
>Nova.
>Maybe Fantastic Four if they get the rights back.
>More team-ups.
>More Avengers.

There's a lot of content left to explore.
>>
>>91736216
Lawful/Neutral Mordo was pretty cool I agree.
>>
>>91736322
I just hope they cancel AoShit already. So much characters that go waste on that shitfest.
>>
>>91736322
>She-Hulk or Thunderbolts not on the likely list
Why live?
>>
>>91736923
Thunderbolts should be. Songbird has been getting a nice push for quite some time and Zemo's already in the MCU.
>>
>>91736023
Fucking Dark Reign would be fun as fuck.
>>
>>91737095
>>91736023
>Cap, Tony, etc die in IW
>Zemo takes advantage of the situation and makes the Thunderbolts
>he escalates ranks until he becomes SHIELD's director
Where's my money Marvel?
>>
>>91736844
This, why is the show still up?
Wish we could get a good ghost rider.
>>
>>91736960
If we assume that the comics put stuff in to try and influence the movies, then the revived Thunderbolts + the Thunderbolts on the TV cartoon suggest they're trying to set it up. (It doesn't matter that the comic was terrible, just that they're trying to push it.)

They could use either Hawkeye or Bucky as the familiar Marvel character who decides to help the villains go straight.
>>
>>91737398
Wheres my Ronin Clint marvel?
>>
>>91735546
In the MCU Vision doubles as Adam Warlock.

First we have to look at Ultron. Ultron's first words were basically "Where am I? Where is my body? This is weird." Implying that Ultron had some sort of form before. How could Ultron have had a body before? If Ultron is Magus- the evil alter-ego to Adam Warlock, trapped in the Mind Gem, it can explain his freedom the moment Stark and Banner left the gem alone. Magus Ultron's attack on JARVIS is equally explained as Magus is eager to kill while searching for a form. He latches on to the Ultron protocols which can help explain the name.

Second we can look at the Vision/Warlock's creation. Created in a way equally suited for Warlock or Vision (designed to be the perfect man, busting out of a cocoon, created with some questionable support and powers, First thing's to do is beat up Thor), Ultron insists that the Mind Gem be placed inside Vision's head. He calls it essential in fact. Why install the MInd Gem if you're going to copy yourself onto this new more powerful form? Because the rest of you is still in there, the Adam Warlock part, and you can be much more powerful if you can unify with the goody-two shoes you. In addition, we have Thor returning from his vision quest where he discovers that the creation of Vision is essential not just to saving the Earth, but to saving the Universe. Vision was very important in the Avengers, but with the exception of Ultron, his existance caused more chaos then it solved, largely due to his having "children" with a crazy lady. Warlock on the other hand is essential in the fight to end Thanos' control of the Infinity Gems/Stones.
>>
File: thor surfing on silver cradle.jpg (35KB, 595x280px) Image search: [Google]
thor surfing on silver cradle.jpg
35KB, 595x280px
>>91737424
Third, and this could easily have been the most overlooked and under-considered part, but we never see the Last Ultron destroyed. If this was almost any other director, I'd skip this, but Joss loves to play with us like this. What we do see is Vision confronting Ultron after he somehow tracked the right stealth ship, something SHIELD and Stark can't do, and then a bright flash of light different from every other forehead beam Vision has done to that point. Could this be Vision Warlock re trapping Ultron Magus in the Mind gem? Given the writer/director, I wouldn't discount it.

Finally I wanted to look at all four characters and where they mesh already. First Ultron was about protecting the world by killing the damaging people who lived on it. Magus is about ending the universe, killing everything he can and damn the man on the way down. Vision is about saving lives, about being more human, Warlock is also about saving lives, but Adam Warlock was built to be the perfect human.
>>
>>91736086
Really most were. I mean who ever thought Marvel would have much of their A-list out in theaters back when Spider-man looked to be the only thing to ever garner traction.

I sure didn't.

And if they can wrangle the Four back from Fox then that will be a whole other Family they can focus on. Even enhance the Spider-man series.
>>
>>91737424
>>91737498
>tony and bruce take 3 days messing around with the mind stone before Magus is resurrected and becomes Ultron
>Jesus spent 3 days in a cave before being resurrected

Bravo Whedon
>>
>>91737424
Gunn has already said that Adam is coming to the MCU.
>>
>>91736023
>>91737095
>>91737134
>dark reign live action
>impacts an entire set of 5-8 movies
>culminates in major crossover
Stop, stop. My penis can only get so erect.

Seriously, say whatever you want about Bendis and Siege, but Dark Reign was a fucking great status quo for Marvel.
>>
>>91737383
Well they intentionally left Johnny Blaze off camera, so it's possible.
>>
>>91737564
Even Iron Man was a literally who back in 2007. People had heard of "Iron Man" as a concept, but mostly just as the Sabbath song or confused with the Iron Giant. Almost nobody knew the name Tony Stark.

Now, ten years later, he's up there with Batman and Superman. Hell, Iron Man still has the highest grossing solo film of any superhero.
>>
>>91737398
>If we assume that the comics put stuff in to try and influence the movies,
It's more like the comics division get a hold of future projects and are mandated to push the property before the movie comes out just like Guardians back then.
>>
>>91737693
Vision turns into Adam Warlock for the movies. There are set photos where Paul Bettany looks like a normal person for Inifnity War.
Warlock’s cocoon is Vision’s “cradle”. In the movie we see a picture of a butterfly colored green, yellow and red and Banner's line after seeing the butterfly is "Ultron is going to evolve". Earlier in the movie Ultron refers to one of the robotic suits that he is in as a chrysalis.

Now maybe this is just me, but having TWO synthetically created humanoids birthed from cocoon type objects with an infinity stone in the forehead seems like muddled story telling. I’m pretty sure since Infinity War is an Avengers movie Marvel wanted the setup for it to take place in an Avengers movie rather than Guardians, so scratch out Warlock and circle Vision. Vision is taking Warlock’s place for that story. Now if you want to say that wouldn't work, because they couldn't do the thing where Warlock turns into his evil persona, Magus, after defeating Thanos well there is a way to do that. Say the Vision saved a copy of Ultron before killing him. The Vision admittedly did not want to kill Ultron, because he was so unique and the shot where Vision kills Ultron is shot far away to allow for ambiguity down the line if they wanted to go that route. Say Ultron takes over the Vision for that twist we would get with Warlock. Now not only do I think the Vision is taking Warlock’s place for Infinity War I think he’s taking someone else’s place

Elizabeth Dibecki who plays Alesha, the twin of Adam Warlock, is extremely tall for a woman (Paul Bettany is tall for a man) and can look to be the same height as Paul Bettany in heels.
>>
>>91738193
Vision will possibly have 'part of himself' or some sort of connection to the mind gem after it is taken from him and possibly with Scarlet Witch's assistance will be able to somehow get the gauntlet from Thanos and use it to defeat him to some degree.
>>
>>91737939
True. But they also seem to do some R&D in the comics, like around the time Thanos became the Big Bad of the MCU, the comics invented the Black Order as some henchmen for him so he wouldn't have to fight all the heroes by himself.
>>
File: ayesha gotg.jpg (147KB, 789x441px)
ayesha gotg.jpg
147KB, 789x441px
>>91738193
They give her some weird hat on her head so that her head looks similar to Vision.
>>
>>91738699
I'm pretty sure that was just Hickman giving him disposable lackies to fulfill the Thanos part of the event, but who knows maybe the MCU folks requested them to do it.
>>
>>91738736
I think that was his point. Hickman was told to use Thanos because of SYNERGY™, but he created the Black Order to fit his story. Then they liked it, and they're adding it to the MCU.

It all comes full circle.
>>
>>91735291

so we could hear more casting news soon? like 3 and 4 may have different characters
>>
>>91738923
Hickman definitely was told to make his Builders arc in Avengers an event and to include Thanos/Thane in it.
I wouldn't be surprised if they told him to make him named lackies so they could use them later in the movies.
>>
>>91735386
>Nova
>Powerpack
>thunderbolts
>Namor
>sequels, spinoffs
>no more core avengers, can explore a giant roster

its got potential, but I feel yea.
>>
>>91739033
>Namor
>there's already rumours a Namor movie is filming in Australia
>>
>>91737498
>Heimdall can detect the fluttering of a butterfly's wings worlds away
>Heimdall is the one to warn Thor in his dream about the danger they are in when Ultron is trying to make Vision
>>
File: ultron magus.jpg (61KB, 470x312px) Image search: [Google]
ultron magus.jpg
61KB, 470x312px
>>91737498

Scientists on Earth calling themselves the Enclave created an artificial, perfect human, who initially calls himself "Him".[26] After rebelling against his creators,[27] and having a conflict with Thor, Him decides to leave Earth and travels into space.[28]

>sounds a bit like what Vision does in the first couple minutes after he's made. He looks at some city lights instead of stars and planets however.

He encounters the High Evolutionary, who gives him the name "Warlock." The High Evolutionary requests Warlock's help in saving the artificially created planet, Counter-Earth, from the evil Man Beast[29] and gives Warlock the green Soul Gem (also referred to as the "Soul Jewel"), which allows Warlock to capture souls of other beings.
The New Men are the result of Wyndham's first experiments in accelerated evolution. When Wyndham learns that Wundagore Mountain (on which his advanced genetics research citadel was based) is the prison of the powerful demon known as Chthon, he decides to train some of his creations in chivalry and battle tactics so that they can oppose Chthon should he ever return where these elite New Men warriors are called the Knights of Wundagore. The High Evolutionary equips the Knights of Wundagore with advanced weaponry and armor and gives them flying "atomic steeds" on which to ride. He is assisted in this endeavor by the ghost of the 6th century magician named Magnus the Sorcerer.[1]

>sounds a bit like both Stryker and Tony Stark do
>>
>>91739468

In his travels through space, Warlock encounters the Universal Church of Truth, an intergalactic religious organization led by the corrupt Magus.[32] Warlock allies with Pip the Troll,[33] the assassin Gamora,[34] and Gamora's employer and adoptive father, Thanos of Titan to oppose the Magus. Eventually, Warlock discovers that the Magus is a future version of himself who traveled back in time after being driven insane by the use of his Soul Gem.[35] Warlock chooses to alter his timeline by visiting himself a few months into the future and steals his own soul to prevent the Magus from ever existing.[36] Warlock then continues his journeys, knowing he has seen his own death but not knowing exactly when it will happen.

When the Stranger attempts to steal Warlock's Soul Gem, Warlock learns about five other related gems.[37] Thanos gains possession of these gems with the intention of destroying Earth's sun. When Thanos causes mortal harm to Pip and Gamora, Warlock takes their souls to end their suffering. Warlock then enlists the aid of the Avengers, Captain Marvel, and Moondragon to stop Thanos. During the battle, Warlock's younger self appears and takes the older Warlock's soul. Inside the gem, Adam is reunited with Pip, Gamora and others in a utopia known as Soul World.[38] Warlock's soul is temporarily freed from the Soul Gem, allowing him to turn Thanos to stone and save Earth.[39]

Warlock obtains the Gauntlet, becoming a near-supreme being of the universe.[45] The cosmic Living Tribunal, whose power and authority exceeds Warlock's, decides that Warlock cannot be trusted to keep the Infinity Gauntlet and instructs him to divide the gems among other beings of Warlock's choosing.[46] Warlock keeps the soul gem for himself and gives one gem each to Pip, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Moondragon, and a reformed Thanos. Warlock dubs the group the Infinity Watch.[47][48]
>>
>>91738975
>>91738923
>>91738736
>>91738699
Considering how many OCs Hickman made during his era, I'm willing to bet that it was just a coincidence and he just did it because it's already weird how come Thanos never had proper lackeys, like any true villain.
>>
>>91739554
Which is stupid because Thanos' lackeys are everybody and everything that gets caught on his plans.
>>
>>91735546

The first Counter-Earth was built by the High Evolutionary with the help of at least some of the Infinity Gems[1] as part of his "Project Alpha". The High Evolutionary artificially creates a Counter-Earth specifically located to hide it from "True Earth", on which he has greatly accelerated evolution and the passage of time. He plans to populate it with a purified human race, but shortly after the creation of the "new Adam", Man-Beast interferes in an act of revenge and introduces a killer instinct into the new human race. Human history repeats itself (including the crucifixion of Christ), but without the benefits of superheroes (or the misfortune of supervillains[2]). So that the High Evolutionary does not have to destroy his creation, Adam Warlock descends to the new planet to save it from Man-Beast as well as humankind's violent tendencies.

In Marvel Premiere #2, Counter-Earth versions of Reed Richards, Victor Von Doom and Bruce Banner are mentioned as scientists that gained no super-human powers unlike their "True Earth" counterparts.
>>
>>91739689

When Jonathan Drew returned to Wundagore where he was possessed by the ghost of the 6th century magician Magnus, he warned that the citadel had been constructed upon the place where the malevolent Elder God Chthon had been banished. He began to train the New Men in the ways of combat and chivalry of his time, until they eventually came to refer to themselves as the "Knights of Wundagore", and to Wyndham as the "Lord High Evolutionary".[5][6] In 1958, Magnus's fears came to pass when Baron Russoff attempted to use the ancient magical tome known as the Darkhold to cure himself of his lycanthropy, inadvertently freeing Chthon from imprisonment. The Knights held him off and Magnus was able to re-bind Chthon. However, on this same night, a pregnant woman named Magda sought refuge at the citadel and gave birth to twin children there. Although she fled after childbirth, the moment of Chthon's defeat coincided with the birth of the children, and the baby girl was touched with the demon's magic. Wyndham attempted to find foster parents for the children, but when met with failure, they were placed in stasis for decades until suitable candidates were found. Raised by Gypsies Django and Marya Maximoff, the twins grew up to be the superheroes Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, the latter wielding chaos magic as a result of Chthon's influence.
>>
>>91736923

>She-Hulk
Their was a rumor that Lifetime was interested in a She-Hulk legal-comedy drama that fell through. Supposedly they wanted a tone similar to Ally McBeal.

>Thunderbolts
Was rumored to be in very early development until Suicide Squad was rushed out by DC. Supposedly James Gunn was going to be involved.
>>
>>91739046

>Cast a hot muscled Asian guy to play Namor
>Speedo costume the entire film
>Namorita as sidekick so she can eventually hook up with Nova

I didn't know how much I needed this until now.
>>
>>91735993
Ancient One/Dormammu is so thematically similar to Scarlet Witch/Chthon.

AO even refers to living above your demons.
>>
>>91738193
The set photos are Vision in a holographic disguise, his alter ego Victor Shade most likely, merely an expansion on his clothing in CW.
>>
>>91735291
MCU feels so crowded and convoluted
>>
File: 1320889475300[1].jpg (25KB, 279x349px) Image search: [Google]
1320889475300[1].jpg
25KB, 279x349px
>>91741284
>Speedo
downunder we call them 'budgie smugglers'
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.