[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you prefer male or female villains, /co/? Which one do yo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

File: villains.jpg (202KB, 900x638px) Image search: [Google]
villains.jpg
202KB, 900x638px
Do you prefer male or female villains, /co/?
Which one do you find more enjoyable and why?

>http://www.strawpoll.me/12791664
>>
A lot of female villains tend to be poorly handled in various ways.
>>
>>91709825
In what kind of ways? Yzma is my favourite disney villain.
>>
File: Rose.png (241KB, 478x776px) Image search: [Google]
Rose.png
241KB, 478x776px
>>91709773
Female villains that turn out to just have needed a good dicking are the best. Pic very much related.
>>
>>91709952
not much of a villain if they turn good for the first hot hero that wants to fug them
>>
>>91709773
are you talking about in disney movies or in general
in general i dont care
in disney male they're often the best part of their movies
>>
>>91711362
Did you even watch TT? That's not at all what happens, and if it were it would just be bad writing, which is to be avoided in any case.
>>
>>91711857
>Kid Flash showed her the least bit of attention
>Jinx joined him in less than a day
Tell me what happened then.
>>
>>91711886
>ignoring the otherwise identical setup with Cyborg
>ignoring that she was already fed up with her team
>ignoring that she thought her powers limited her until then
>ignoring that the person she idolized shattered that illusion cruelly and mercilessly, providing the final catalyst for her change
That's called good writing, anon.
>>
>>91709884
Yzma is refreshingly human for a villain. She's allowed to look like a fuckin idiot and be a sarcastic bitch, and STILL maintain her status of villain.
>>
>>91712066
The fact that her henchman is relatively good hearted is also pretty fresh. I like that she has to convince him to do everything.
>>
Male, because I'm not a hormonal teenagers and female villains end up being either shit or bland imitations of male counterparts.
Not to mention, it's hard to take a woman seriously as a threat.
>>
>>91711986
Do you think she'll turn back into a villain the second their relationship ends?
>>
File: yzma.jpg (54KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
yzma.jpg
54KB, 500x284px
>>91709884
Yzma's great. Totally depends on the character to me. Lots of male villains are shit too.

Female villains I like:
Yzma
Ursula
Maleficent
Wicked Stepmother
Cruella
Lord Dominator
Azula
Ragyo Kiryuin
Medusa from Soul Eater
Lady Macbeth
Annie Wilkes
Nurse Ratched
O-Ren Ishii
Wicked Witch of the West
Magica De Spell
Demona from Gargoyles
Mirage from Aladdin
Natasha Fatale
Mom from Futurama
Hexadecimal
Beatrice

There are way more.
>>
>>91712142
that's pretty dumb anon. I hope this is bait.
>>
>>91712156
Why would she? She already took the first, most difficult step, it would be much harder to go back. Plus, I imagine she would get plenty of support from the other Titans for her change.
The only way I could see it happening, actually, is something like the Terra situation - if her powers turn out to be difficult to control when she's trying to use them for good, for example.
>>
>>91712256
Well the question is, does she actually care about the hero gig? Or is she only there because of Kid Flash's influence?

If she left the bad side because her team mates and idols were shit, it follows that she would leave the good side if Kid Flash burns her. She seems to be in it for her own interest. A villain like her is probably high impulsive, seeing as how the HIVE used to do whatever they wanted when they were out of school.
>>
>>91712245
Nope. Female villains are terrible.
>>
File: yzma.png (272KB, 1000x559px) Image search: [Google]
yzma.png
272KB, 1000x559px
>>91713095
How does it feel to have such shit taste?
>>
>>91713159
You tell me.
>>
>>91713186
I'm not the one who doesn't like any of the fantastic villains this anon listed >>91712170
>>
>>91712170
>liking mommy bad touch
Shit taste nigga.
>>
>>91709773
>KH cast has killed 80% of that picture
>>
>>91709773
Female of course. I am always happy to get another rule 34 villainess to fap to.
>>
>>91713214
>fantastic
Nope.
All boring. None even compare to great male villains.
>>
>>91713295
>all of them boring
yeah, you're just baiting
phew
>>
>>91713328
>b-bait
I'm not a tasteless faggot like you, that is all.
>>
>>91713328
Just stop replying you idiot.
>>
>>91709773
I love the old broads.

Maleficent, Cruella DeVille, Lady Tremaine, Ursula, and Yzma.
>>
File: (you).png (462KB, 680x564px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
462KB, 680x564px
>>91713385
Lowering yourself to rock bottom for (you)s isn't healthy anon. I can feed your (you) addiction, but don't do that, ok?
>>
Male, female, I just like a ruthless, remorseless motherfucker. None of that redemption nonsense. If they're entertaining too, that's always a bonus. Like the man says, PRESENTATION.
>>
>>91713426

10/10
>>
>>91713559
>anything I disagree with is bait
Okay. Can't expect much from someone who uses Dominator as an example of a good villain.
>>
>>91713608
You don't have to agree with all of them, but to completely write off all the classics like you're doing is retarded. Dominator was a fun villain for a kids show. You're not going to get Maleficent or Frollo from Wander over Yonder.

(you)
>>
>>91713644
>classics
>they're old so they're good
Nope.
>Dominator was a fun villain for a kids show.
No, she wasn't. She dragged a good show down the shitter, though waifufags who hopped on the bandwagon because of her will deny it.
>>
>>91709773

It really depends on the context of the story, as well as how they compliment the protagonist, and which gender fits the role better.

Take Snow White.
Replacing Grimhilde with a man just doesn't work, as a man super jealous of his step daughter from his deceased wife being more fair than him makes zero sense. A man in that position wouldn't try to have his step daughter killed, he'd have her trained and turned into his wife. The dynamic of the story would need to change drastically.
Of course you could go the other way, turning both Snow White AND Grimhilde into men, and make it about an incredibly vain man being super pissed that his lazy step son is pulling in all the poon, but then you cut out the whole prince coming to rescue him dynamic, as the prince is in a better position to run, hide, and train to become stronger before coming back and reclaiming what was his, instead of being a dainty and delicate little flower. Prince Snow would be able to earn his keep with the dwarves in a more traditional way, working alongside them in the mines and cultivating his body, instead of being separated from them all day, opening up the chance for an old warlock to come offer him a creepy apple while he's alone and naive.

You can't replace Grimhilde with a man, or else Snow White isn't Snow White anymore.

The same applies in the reverse.
Picture The Lion King, but with Scar as a female.
Lady scar wouldn't try to kill Mufasa and replace him as pride leader. That goes against the lion hierarchy. Scar would be more likely to try and kill Sarabi and Simba in some tragic accident, and then snake her way in as Mufasa's replacement mate, getting herself pumped full of replacement heirs until a male cub is born, and THEN having Mufasa killed so she can manipulate her son Cersei Lannister style.

Replacing the male villain means the entire story, once again, changes. It's no longer the original story.
>>
File: chrisjail.jpg (57KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
chrisjail.jpg
57KB, 480x600px
>>91713706
Whatever, if you want to disregard every female villain it's your life.

If you don't think Christine Chandler is a good female (male) villain then you should kys though.
>>
>>91713793
>Picture The Lion King, but with Scar as a female.
So, the second movie?
>>
I agree with >>91709825 - female villains are often depicted as one-dimensional caricatures rather than characters, fueled by jealousy or a petty grudge. There are exceptions, of course, but male villains' motivations are almost always explored/expanded on more.
>>
>>91713874
Buffalo Bill is great, yes.
>>
Male villains who want to give the hero a good dicking.
>>
>>91716147
Those are the worst.
>>
>>91716295

Those are objectively the best and need to be more common.
>>
>>91716480
Nah, they're pathetic and extremely boring.
>>
Male villains. In most media female villains that directly fight the protagonist(s) have a crappy fight since guys aren't allowed to hit girls so you'll get stuff like ben 10 punching vilgax's lights out but when he had to fight the frog girl in omniverse he got his ass handed to him until he found a way to restrain her.
>>
>>91716540

Only when they're played for comedy. They can be played straight, pun intended.
>>
>>91716612
It's much more pathetic and embarrassing when it's played straight. At least when it's a comedy, you're supposed to laugh at them.
>>
>>91716676
>It's much more pathetic and embarrassing when it's played straight.

Are you opposed to female villains who want to bone heroes, too? I'm genuinely curious about what your problem is with the trope.
>>
>>91716732
>implying I like those
Yandere is a godawful archetype for underage edgy wankers.
My problem is that it's absolutely abysmal and every villain who has that "motivation" might as well be a joke character.
>>
>>91716541

I think Samurai Jack would be for you then, my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-P9UK572cs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXXmhQ0GVhc
>>
>>91712170
>O-Ren
>Not Elle Driver
You dun goofed up.
>>
female, because I'd like more representation, but>>91709825 is a big problem
>>
>>91709952
I really wish we could get another take on jinx that is a cross between the cute magic girl, and Indian witch
>>
>>91709952
>>91716806
They have to be attractive, preferably cute even. Nobody's going to care about ugly villainesses turning good.
>>
>>91709773
Is Gaston there just to keep them company?
>>
>>91709884
>>91709825
by having them not be really evil and having her "evilness" be because of other people, usually men, so she's redeemed/forgiven instead of being beaten up. Or they turn them from villains to antiheroes

Right now, in dc this applies to
harley
catwoman
holly robinson
killer frost
cheetah
ivy
that bitch that used cheetah (cale something?)

>>91709952
you are part of the problem
>>
>>91718880
>you are part of the problem
How?
>>
>>91718936
We need more female villains that are genuinely vile and have to be treated like male ones have to.

Beaten up and locked away.

Dicking them into goodness isn't that.
>>
>>91709773

Depends on the villain. Never really gave a shit about the gender.

For example I like Malificent and Yzma.
>>
>>91718983
How many people actually want to watch that, though? Even vile male villains are rarely popular (with some outstanding exceptions) - that's why you keep hearing about "bland, cartoonish take-over-the-world" villainy without motivation, and female villains have the obvious additional disadvantage of being potential waifu material.
>>
>>91719019
Anon, she can have motivation, black manta has motivation, thawne has motivation, but they still need to be beaten up and dealt with.
Heck, even the ones with sappy backstories like freeze tend to be beaten up.

Almost all male the bat villains, except maybe ventriloquist if scarface is taken out?

Most supes male villain's except mxyzptlk and luthor when he's not in armor?

All of flash' rogues? Most green lantern enemies?
Orm and Manta?

You have dozens of male bad guys, that might have some motivation, but still need to be dealt with by beating them up till they're incapacitated.

We need female villains that are dealt with like that too.
>>
>>91713913
Zira was a great villainess who deserved to be in a much better movie. Her entire motivation was to avenge Scar because he was her mate, and she wants to see Simba suffer specifically because he was indirectly involved with Scar's death. I can completely appreciate a female villain who turns the normally heroic "devotion to a loved one" on its head, and it's sad that she was just an afterthought for a sequel.
>>
>>91713644

Just stop replying to the bait.

Not replying to that guy but commenting in general people especially on here aren't going to agree on what a good villain is but lots of gold standards of cimema and animation are female obviously.

Also, plenty of male villains are plagued by shit writing in many stories and media adaptations, look at the Joker and Lex in a ton of crap lately, fuck look at any male Marvel or DC villain lately. All are in more godawful stories than good recently it seems. Awful writing is everywhere. The only villains who don't face lots of criticism seem to be some ones in very short stories who don't appear much so there's not time for the writing to fuck them up.
>>
>>91719753
Fuck off with this "bait" meme.
>gold standards of cinema and animation
Lol. Catherine Tramell is considered to be a good villain. Standards for female villains are incredibly low.
>>
>>91709773
Depends entirely on the actor and performance. Ursula and Yama are god tier, but so are Hades and Dr. Facilier.
>>
>>91719820
*Yzma
>>
File: evil trio cliche corps.jpg (824KB, 1196x1603px) Image search: [Google]
evil trio cliche corps.jpg
824KB, 1196x1603px
>>91709773
I like a particular kind of female villain.
>>
>>91719834
Shit?
>>
>>91716540
I agree. Even when they're well written, they're mostly just uncomfortable to watch more than anything.
>>
>>91716147
example of this?
>>
File: 1463148211707.jpg (727KB, 978x1517px) Image search: [Google]
1463148211707.jpg
727KB, 978x1517px
>>91718880
The Killer Frost one will always annoy me because for decades she was an emotionally manipulative, psychotic monster, but now she's an elemental Anne Rice vampire.

I mean how do you go from a character who murders pregnant woman and uses their corpses as weapons to someone even remotely redeemable?
>>
>>91721156
I hate when the villain's motivation is "I luv u". From that point on I can't take those villains seriously.
I don't care how "rapey" it is, it's just embarrassing to watch rather than creepy.
>>
>>91721269
Well yeah, that's what I meant by uncomfortable.
>>
>>91721441
I was agreeing with you. I'm just sleepy.
>>
>>91721260
And she gets rescued by Batman.
And works for him.
And still drains lifeforce from people.
And it's okay.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>91721558
Oh, okay.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.