[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://ew.com/books/2017/04/20/dc-c omics-superstars-unite-f

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: 33.jpg (2MB, 2800x2182px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
2MB, 2800x2182px
http://ew.com/books/2017/04/20/dc-comics-superstars-unite-for-new-dark-matter-line/

>Dark Nights: Metal will be the launching pad for the rest of the Dark Matter line, with characters and storylines from other books being introduced here first. For instance, a teleporting teenager changed by the events of that book will go on to star in Sideways, which debuts in September. That book will be co-written by DC Publisher Dan DiDio and Justin Jordan and illustrated by Kenneth Rocafort. September will also see the launch of The Silencer. Written by Dan Abnett and drawn by John Romita Jr., that book will focus on Honor Guest, the former world’s deadliest assassin now trying for a quiet life in the suburbs until (surprise!) her former life comes back to haunt her, and she must become The Silencer to protect her family.

>In October, Detective Comics writer James Tynion IV teams up with Lee himself for Immortal Men, a story about five immortal siblings who “operate from the shadows, recruiting the elite against the foes who seek to bring about Armageddon.” October will also see Damage, written by Robert Venditti with art by Tony S. Daniel, in which army recruit Ethan Avery is granted the power “to unleash an unstoppable monster for one hour at a time.”

>The final book in the line, New Challengers, debuts in December and will be written by Snyder with art by Andy Kubert. As the title suggests, it is a reboot of Challengers of the Unknown, but with “a new cast” and “new mission.”

Sounds pretty good
>>
>>91700444
>Sounds pretty good
No it doesn't.
>>
>>91700566
How about getting some new writers hopefully from the indies instead of reusing the same old Nu52 teams?
>>
>>91700444
A couple of these sound interesting, but will they actually SELL?
>>
>>91700636
Lee's and Capullo's might but Lee will walk off after two and a half issues and then it'll be at Vertigo levels
>>
>>91700636
Have faith in DC. They've never let us down before.
>>
I'm into this idea and the general movement to get artists recognized as important to comics. The 00s were very writer focused and we're just now starting to swing back the pendulum.
>>
>>91700444
I would say "press F to pay respects" but no one with a brain should ever respect these retards
>>
>>91700703
I think you're in the wrong thread: >>91699020
>>
Pitbull, no longer satisfied with guest spots on everyone's pop songs, gets himself art duties on a DC comic.
>>
>>91700693
>Have faith in DC. They've never let us down before.
What? They've let us down lots of times.
>>
>>91700444
>Dark Matter
WIMPS confirmed
>>
>>91700597
>Let's do DC You again! It'll totally work this time
This is what you sound like.
>>
>>91700444

>New Challengers

NO.
>>
>>91700693
DC's whole MO is letting people down constantly.
>>
>>91700636
Snyder's will Lee's will
>>
>They're bringing Damage back.

I want to believe.
>>
>>91704434
Unless something completely falls through he is
>>
>>91700636

Sideways and Damage sound like they'll be gone first.
followed by Silencer.
>>
>>91700444
My problem with this is that the artists aren't the right guys. Obviously Lee, Capullo and JRJR are gonna be on there, they are the most senior artists at the comany and Lee and Capullo move issues. Rocafort is awesome, but I really cannot say I have love for anyone else there. I really much rather would see Chris Burnham (who also is a good writer, from the limited sample size we have, so he seems like a perfect choice), Ethan Van Sciver (Who also moveis issues, and does decent plotting), even someone like Neal Adams.
>>
>>91704739
I would rather not waste Burnham's time on Jim Lee's pathetic attempt and reliving his Wildstorm days.
>>
>>91704434
Sounds like it's some army girl as the new Damage. I just want my boy Grant back.
>>
>>91704771
But if the artists are driving the imprint Burnham would have control of his own title...
>>
>>91704806
You're getting bullshitted.
>>
>>91704826
You really think that they would have these no name characters that aren't going to sell if it was a stealth corporate push? You'd have at minimum a Superman and Harley book if that were true.
>>
>>91704851
You really don't see that this is Jim Lee's pathetic attempt at Wildstorm 2.0?
>>
>>91704884
I mean, I've used a weird thing called evidence, but sure your claims really sway me.
>>
>>91704884
Wildstorm? the company that produced smash hits like Stormwatch, the Authority, WildCATS, Top 10, Tom Strong, Promethea, Ex Machina, Astro City, The Maxx, Strangers in Paradise and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? All of which were created by giving the creators a pretty serious degree of control and good artists?

Sure that sounds fucking awful.
>>
>>91704952
What evidence.

>>91705036
Promethea is great, Top 10 is ok, Astro City started at Image, the rest are pretty shit.
>>
>>91704739
>I really much rather would see Chris Burnham
What is he even fucking doing? He's done nothing but covers since Nameless ended
>>
They have tried to do something new, I will give this a shot. DC has built enough good faith up for me at least for me to warrant to trust them in a new direction.
>>
>>91705081
>astro city started at image
So did Wildstorm you fucking retard! Holy shit when you know this little about the things you're complaining about, you need to go take a fucking lap.
>>
>>91705036
when the hell as strangers in paradise published by DC? It's always been self published
>>
File: Jim Lee goes Euro.jpg (94KB, 553x860px) Image search: [Google]
Jim Lee goes Euro.jpg
94KB, 553x860px
I know this had to be in the pipeline months ago, but it's still funny to see DC put out a line focused on the artists not long after Marvel told retailers that artists don't sell comics.

Capullo and JRJR are for sure buys for me, with Lee it's wait and see.
>>
>>91705129
Volume 3 was published under the homage comics imprint of Wildstorm
>>
>>91705129
Strangers in Paradise started out at Antarctic Press, moved to self publishing, moved to Windstorm, and then back to self publishing

For a brief time Image actually published Bone
>>
>>91705081
>Liking Promethea that much more than Top 10
Wow. Promethea strives for more, but isn't always successful, Top 10 sticks the landing every time.
>>
>>91700636
The Batman one will do just fine.
>>
>>91700444
Some of these sound pretty good in concept. Sideways and Immortal Men catch my eye because I'm a sucker for stories about immortals and people that can travel through dimensions.
>>
Honestly, they should rebrand some of their bad selling titles like new super-man to this to get some new sales.
>>
>>91700444
>in which army recruit Ethan Avery is granted the power “to unleash an unstoppable monster for one hour at a time.”
HOW ORIGINAL!
>>
Hype for Sideways
>>
>>91706349
For some reason I thought of more like a Stand then actually turning into a monster like the Hulk, as in he'd actually summon a monster for an hour.
>>
>>91706349
> implying they're copying Marvel
DC has a character called Hourman whose powers last an hour, he's from 1940.

Nice try though
>>
>>91706293
New Super-man is writer driven.

Do you know who should be on this? Hitch. Give him a book that he can take as long as he needs on, and let him at it.
>>
File: DialHforHero.jpg (95KB, 400x598px) Image search: [Google]
DialHforHero.jpg
95KB, 400x598px
>>91706349
So Dial H for Hero
>>
>>91707017
That's actually a great idea. Tweet that at Hitch so he'll leave justice league
>>
>>91707097
Or Hourman.

Dial H is a showcase for wacky hero designs.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.