[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Hasbro try to reinvigorate this brand with a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: jemseries.jpg (213KB, 634x888px) Image search: [Google]
jemseries.jpg
213KB, 634x888px
Why didn't Hasbro try to reinvigorate this brand with a cartoon show instead of trying to make that movie when the brand has basically been dead? It seems like such an obvious thing

>their modern girl branded shows have had really great music
>is a girl branded show that is literally based on music
No Daniel Ingram Jem songs in a new cartoon, why?
>>
>>91685137
An animated series cost more money than a movie, takes more time to make and gets crappier distribution. Common sense, nigga.
>>
>>91685348
Well, seeing as how the Jem movie ended up that was basically just a giant waste of money anyway. The shit got pulled from theaters, when does that even happen
>>
File: jemidw8.jpg (139KB, 593x911px) Image search: [Google]
jemidw8.jpg
139KB, 593x911px
It's got a good comic series though.
>>
>>91685896
It's ok, but unfortunately the audience that comic is aimed towards isn't in the toy buying demo, so ultimately it means nothing for the brand or Hasbro, not much money to be made on comics alone
>>
>>91685528
the only thing the movie had in common with the old cartoon was the name and girls singing of course it was going to bomb
>>
>>91685137
OP you're talking about Hasbro who is allergy to money but wants money
>>
>>91687614
I mean the central theme was the same, it just sucked
>>
File: tumblr_ntamk8iVoQ1udlijgo1_1280.png (217KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntamk8iVoQ1udlijgo1_1280.png
217KB, 720x720px
>>
>>91685137
Is the comic any good? I heard is finishing soon so I might check it out
>>
>>91691831
It's not bad from what I've read, some characters are pretty much just not like their original selves it seems but it's in tune with what Jem is about with a more "aiming for the young female adult" crowd, and if you're not triggered by things like non skinny girls and trannies I doubt you'd have a problem with it
>>
>>91685137
Hasbro never seemed to consider it a "high value" property.
I'm happy it got anything at all after the movie dumped its value even more.

Also Pizzazz is best girl.
>>
File: char_6191.jpg (11KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
char_6191.jpg
11KB, 210x240px
>>91693308
>Also Pizzazz is best girl.
No Roxy
>>
>>91694744
She's pretty great too.
>tfw you will never teach her how to read
>>
>>91685137
Because they wanted jdm to appeal to teenagers instead of children and teenagers especially girls don't watch cartoons and do watch this kind of movies
And to be fair it would have worked if it was done a decade before, now teenage girls are into iPhones and pretending to be 18 on tinder
>>
The post credits scene was the best part of the movie.
>>
>>91695120
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BotNmNULwwA
She sounds ODDLY like Pizzazz while singing!
>>
>>91696100
Ellen Bernfeld did both of their singing voices.
>>
They have no idea how to make toys about it. They would need to compete head to head with Monster High.

And considering what incompetent bullshit Hasbro recently made out of any of their properties that wasn't my Little Pony, I say let those people figure their shit out first. I'd rather wait than recieve something on the level of Littlest Pet Shop or G.I. Joe Renegades.
>>
Same reason Hasbro won't make a proper cartoon about their mainline Transformers and resort to kiddie shit like Robots in Disguise - they're cheapskates.

Yes, I'm aware the Machinima series exists, but for the sake of humanity it should never have happened.
>>
File: Impressive.jpg (66KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Impressive.jpg
66KB, 640x360px
>>91696190
Hanzuki: Full of Treasures
>>
File: blythefaceiscute.jpg (38KB, 495x478px) Image search: [Google]
blythefaceiscute.jpg
38KB, 495x478px
>>91696162
Ya don't say heheh

>>91696190
>he doesn't like LPS
What the what?
>>
>>91696190
>They would need to compete head to head with Monster High.
Isn't that what Equestria Girls is for
>>
>>91696748
>Equestria Girls

i know MLP is ghettoized to /mlp/ but how is this?

i heard one of the movies was a better jem movie than the actual jem movie
>>
>>91685896
my main problem with it was how they wrote themselves into a corner by rushing kimber & stormer and then keeping stormer in the misfits

also the deviantart jem arc kinda ruined the comic for me
>>
>>91696781
Silly concept, great songs, animu crap squeezed in

It's fun
What you probably heard of was Rainbow Rocks, which was the music/band themed one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_qqkzXOGMs
>>
>>91685896
I don't want a Jem comic where they made characters into fatties. The art style ranges wildly too, some good artists and terrible ones.
>>
>>91696884

Rainbow Rocks was fucking awesome

which was amazing considering how shitty the first EG movie was
>>
>>91696965
Yeah,but I have some nostalgic value for the first one, it was shitty in pretty much every regard but I had fun with it, also, don't tell me this doesn't get stuck in your head anytime you hear it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYaYhNDnImk
>>
>>91685137
At least the recent comics have been good.
Even had a reference to that silly kicking fern moment.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdE8jCMMMgk
>>
>>91693308
Why does she look like Venus McFlytrap?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7DCJOeeKfM
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.