[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if aku is capable of just sending jack into the future through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 3ce.gif (586KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
3ce.gif
586KB, 500x375px
if aku is capable of just sending jack into the future through some randomly generated magic portal, why can't he just send him again into the future indefinitely?
and if jack goes back into the past how is he gonna be able to avoid getting sent to the future again?
And why are there portals back to the past scattered all around the world?
>>
>>91681741
Because TWOORing open a portal in time likely takes a lot of juice for Aku to use, which is why we've only seen him do it once. If he uses it and then the Scottsman's daughters defeat him while he's weak, it would be a waste.
>>
Aku clearly doesn't even really know himself how this shit works
that's why he was surprised by jack's time travel induced biological stasis
best not to mess with it too much if it can be helped
>>
>>91681992
good answer
>>
File: 1491707788696.png (109KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1491707788696.png
109KB, 550x550px
>>91681992
>>91681891

It really seemed like an unexplored, last-ditch effort for him. It was either fuck with time and hope for the best, or probably get killed
>>
>>91681741
What I'm more worried about is that Jack could get to one of the portals back to the past and come out at some completely random time. It's not like he'd know how to control them.
>>
Aku is in the best position right now with the world under his thumb. It's either kill the Samurai here and now or just keep flinging him further into the future and inspiring more people to fight against him.

But yes it is one of the weaker plot elements of the show and the above is just speculation on my part.
>>
Because Genndy is a hack who ripped off Ronin
>>
>>91681741
I always liked my childhood headcanon where I misunderstood the mechanics and assumed that Aku was periodically displacing Jack all across time (into the past as well as into the future) because the only way for him to be defeated would be to have the "final blow" struck at the original appointed time by Jack's sword. It made more sense given the diversity of all the places he went, and kind of raised the stakes in that his absence meant that Aku didn't just have dominion over the future, but over all time except the period where Jack was growing up. Or something.
>>
File: 1400204166417.jpg (43KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1400204166417.jpg
43KB, 400x399px
Why doesn't Aku just TWOAH open a portal into the distant past so Jack would be wiped out by the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs or something?
>>
>>91682585
he can probably only flung people into the future
>>
>>91682585
He's an idiot who doesn't know how it works (see Jack being immortal now)
>>
>>91682641
He can only fling people into times where Aku's will is law
>>
>>91682679
I think it's more like he only *wants* to fling people into times where Aku's will is law, so he can wipe them out himself (or have a bounty hunter do it). Either way, he's only TWOAHD once as far as we know, and it was sending Jack to the future.
>>
>>91681741
Aku is a psychopath and doesn't really know what he's doing.
>>
>>91681741
The various portals to the past don't necessarily all have the same origin. They probably just ended up there in some way, by magic users or technological advancement, or aliens.
>>
File: Gordon_freeman_4.jpg (22KB, 440x298px) Image search: [Google]
Gordon_freeman_4.jpg
22KB, 440x298px
>>91682585
Maybe Aku's time portal really just put Jack into stasis for thousands of years ala G-man and Gordon Freeman.
When he came to, for Jack it was like he was suddenly flung into the future/another world.
>>
>>91682585
Wasn't Aku the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs?
>>
>>91683534
Yes
>>
>>91681741

I assumed it's because he's put a lot of bits of himself into all those robots that are raiding planets all over the galaxy.
Also the whole reason for sending him forward was to give Aku thousands of years to prepare. At this point he's as ready as he'll ever be, so sending him forward again would be expending a lot of power for no real gain.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.