[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of the InFamous games? They seem to be heavily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12

File: 1967509-box_infamous.png (631KB, 545x640px) Image search: [Google]
1967509-box_infamous.png
631KB, 545x640px
What does /co/ think of the InFamous games? They seem to be heavily inspired by comic books and superhero tropes and such.
>>
They're fun games.
I liked Cole as a character despite how he only had one type of expression and had a pretty bland design
The tie-in comic DC published was alright
>>
>>91662320
IMO, they failed because they took themselves too seriously. I played the DLC for the second one, which had the same graphics, stages and mechanics. Only one change: Everyone was having a laugh with the story and it's ridiculousness. And I can't believe how much more I enjoyed it and wished the whole series was like that.
>>
>>91662405
He was a much more fleshed out and enjoyable character in the second one. The scene where Cole and Zeke watch an old western movie together was great
>>
>>91662405
Same here, although i'd take Cole at his blandest over Deslin.
>>
>>91662513
That short interaction with Raiden in Playstation All Stars was kinda cool.
>>
>>91662472
They really made Zeke a complete bro in Infamous 2 despite the shit he pulled in Infamous 1
>>
Good games with genuinely emotional endings(the good in 1&2 and twice as bright bit in 2's bad end)
>>
>>91662597
I gained an irrational amount of feels after the good end.
>>
>>91662320
2 was probably my favorite PS3 game

>>91662405
i felt his original design was better than the one he had in 2

>>91662597
I'm kinda interested in playing second son since i felt 2's endings ultimately killed any chance for a sequel
>>
>>91662670
[Let go]
>>
File: Question_we're_all_asking.png (16KB, 470x309px) Image search: [Google]
Question_we're_all_asking.png
16KB, 470x309px
>>91662709
Removing the jacket was a minus but giving him the Amp was a plus for his design in my opinion.
There's also this from the good ending but they didn't follow it up in Second Son
IIRC Cole's body went missing
>>
>>91662320
Loved both 1 and 2, though I'm still a bit peeved they didn't let us keep pic related as a costume. I kinda prefer it over the all white
>>
>>91662320
I was bummed at first because Sucker Punch was essentially ditching Sly Cooper for it. They were fun games and ended up really loving the second one.

Second Son was really underwhelming, though, and a dud of an exit as Sucker Punch is making another IP.

The DLCs for 2 and SS were fun as fuck, though.
>>
File: Kessler.png (240KB, 635x302px) Image search: [Google]
Kessler.png
240KB, 635x302px
did nothing wrong etc,
>>
So they just completely dropped the First Sons plot point didnt they? Also that Dr Manhattan shit with the Beast was both predictable and a letdown
>>
>>91663287
Honestly, pretty much this.
His actions help led to Cole beating the Beast
Kessler was right
>>91663222
Can't keep treading same ground Anon.
Sucker Punch had to move on eventually.
>>
>>91663327
>So they just completely dropped the First Sons plot point didnt they?
they died with Kessler also the Beast was hinted at the whole time. You'd have to be a dunce not see it coming
>>
Do you guys remember how drastic the design change was going to be between I1 Cole and I2 Cole? Overall infamous was probably top 5 favorite modern PS game. I liked SS but I'd much prefer playing as Cole again, I don't care whatever flips they'd do to bring him back as long as I get to ride the lightning again (electric based powers are some of my favorite)
>>
>>91663327
>So they just completely dropped the First Sons plot point didnt they?

What's left to do with it? They were a means to an end for Kessler and they became irrelevant after the Beast arrived.
>>
File: ColeMacGrath.jpg (33KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ColeMacGrath.jpg
33KB, 640x360px
>>91663373
>Cole with hair
Reminds me of Nathan Drake.
Do you remember the time when Cole got in SFXTekken?
Nathan Drake was also considered
>>
>>91662805
>they didn't follow it up in Second Son
God, Second Son was such a shitshow. It's pretty obvious that the series was written to end after the second one, but they needed to make money or some shit.
>>
>>91663341
>>91663287
He did plenty wrong, even he would agree. He became a monster to prepare Cole but he was still a monster twisted by his own grief.
>>
>>91663222
Ironically, Infamous is a spiritual successor in terms of gameplay, particularly how the missions are set up, how you move around the city, and how the free-roam city is designed. Also, the comic-styled cutscenes.
>>
>>91663448
Gotta get an exclusive to be released soon for the PS4.
>>
>>91663448

The biggest dissapointment about it was paper trail. Do things on a webstie as missions for in game is cool and all but the end result wasn't worth the hassle. Paticularily with the wait it took to get there.
>>
>>91663553
I never ended up doing that. Seemed like a force.
Also, man the Paper conduit seemed so fucking cool, and they just shove him into some unimportant side quest? The fuck
>>
>>91663566

It was a chick, but yeah she had a cool design and the power seemed neat and would have been great to have, to bad the game was basically just bare minimum effort. They did concepts for glass and wire powers as well and they both would have been great
>>
>>91662472
Agreed, I like Infamous 2 Cole much better
>>
>>91663465
if he had powers, why didn't he become stronger and beat the beast himself?
>>
The Vampire DLC was pretty great for a what-if.

Always nice to see something superhero-base that's a bit grounded, interact with the supernatural.
>>
>>91662575
Got a clip of that?
>>
>>91662320
second son was good but was also fucking stupid.
i feel like Delsin was just stupid in powertype.
they had to give him 1 and stick with it. i also think the story should had been better
>>
>>91663667
Gotta get back Anon
Back to the past to prevent the future that is The Beast
>>
>>91663719
They're in the middle of each video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ5hERDiJks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVkkWwPKcF0
>>
>>91663341
>His actions help led to Cole beating the Beast

Completly on accident though. The entire idea was to power up Cole so he'd be strong enough to kill the Beast, but all that ended up happening was a by-product of his research, the Inhibitor, was filled with a bunch of batteries to blow up the beast instead
>>
>>91663667
He was Cole if he got to live a happy life before the beast arrived. He was softer, he had family to protect. He ran for as long as possible until he lost everything and the world was in ruins. It broke him, so he used his newest and most dangerous power, goddamn time travel. He had to make younger Cole stronger than himself no matter what the cost because he knew everything was fucked anyway.
>>
So did Delsen just feel really weak to anyone else? I remember having four sets of powers to work with but never feeling powerful with any of them
>>
>>91663864
Jack of all trades
Master of none
>>
>>91663864

Because they all had no depth to them. 3 Of the four had like 4 moves while the 4th only had 3 and no mega move.
>>
i could make a better infamous game then Delsin shitfest.
if i could make infamous i would do it like this.
>Be teen
>mom wakes you up angry with you(remember her)
Go to school
>superhumans believed gone
>sickness killing people
>no cure
>people talking about how freaks with powers made it worse
>next thing we see is a man holding new type of ray sphere thing in distance.
>wave of energy hits school(nothing destroyed)

everybody is fine and next thing you see if girl burst into flames,guy turn into water,girl screaming in pain and peoples head blowing up and you blacking out.

>wake up
>middle of nowhere
>head home(as you walk you see road and towns destroyed.
>people running
>police everywhere
>they see you
>ask you to stop
>you run and they say "wait as if wanting to ask you something"
>go home
>mom see you and is scared
>you tell her whats going on
>she says freaks are destroying everything
>tells you to sit down
>you wait then check on her
>she is calling cops and saying your in her home(calls you a freak)
>you say mom and she shoots you
>wake up later healed and dizzy with nobody around
>sit and look at t.v
>your killing people with your powers in t.v
>confused
>next thing you see is someone handing you a beer.(mirroring infamous 2)
>its yourself
>he is a split personality
>says " nice right.....o and don't worry i took care of the others outside"
>you scared and confused walk out
>skeletons
>begin game
done easy game
>>
File: 1290769666645.jpg (139KB, 638x539px) Image search: [Google]
1290769666645.jpg
139KB, 638x539px
>>91663864
>Cole was made to have a very specific spread of powers emulating common weapons in standard third person shooters
>Pistol, sniper, Grenade, rocket launcher, etc, all able to be used whenever you want, as well as a few others that kept with the lightning theme
>Delsen has his powers spread over four abilities that you have to seek out sources for and they're dependent on what you last absorbed with only ability theming in mind, not actual utility. Wanna shoot a guy from far away? Better climb that building to absorb the neon from it
>>
>>91663987
The fuck?
>>
>>91662320
Second son made one of the most retarded move's I've ever seen in a video game. Ponder these two scenarios:

>There was once a plague that threatened to destroy humanity while people with random super powers started popping up and wrecking shit. It wasn't until one heroic man rose up and selflessly sacrificed himself and all of his people to save humanity, destroying both the plague and people with super powers forever.

>There is currently a plague ravaging humanity while a deranged man mad with power is slaughtering man kind and actively turning everyone he can into super powered psycho's while the human governments helplessly flail to stop him.

Now which one of these two scenerios would YOU have made a fucking game out of? But all because of "muh canon ending" we got stuck with this bullshit asspull that shat all over everything that made the good ending in 2 work.

Otherwise, my complaints about second son boil down to how limited the powers felt. If it were up to me there wouldn't have been 4 individual power sets that you can rotate between, there would have been 20-40 individual powers all with unique themes, and they work just like Cole's powers. any source of power you acquire can now be drained at the same time, so by the endgame you can basically just run through the street holding down the drain button and have a constant stream of healing.

That said, for having come from a completely retarded starting point, I liked the story of second son well enough. My biggest gripe is that your brother doesn't act any differently during his death scene depending on if you're good or evil, which is fucking bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpQgppreTUc
This is legitimately one of my favorite cut-scenes from any video game.
>>
>>91662320
They're okay, not amazing. inFamous 1 had that manufactured rivalry going on with Prototype 1, and while inFamous does a better job of making you a hero with the Good path, Prototype did a much better job of actually making you feel powerful. If I could have a game where I get to be as much of a nice guy as Good Cole is whilst also being as much of an unstoppable force as Mercer, that'd be perfect.
Also god dammit just let me fly
>>
>>91664544
Open world superhero game where in the sequel you play a new character trying to defeat the evil protagonist from the first game.

Prototype 2
>>
>>91664686
>>91664766
I may have spent several years living under a rock but I had literally never heard of prototype until today. Is it good? is it worth playing today, as someone who really liked infamous specifically for the way you went from overpowered badass to so comically overpowered that the game just stops caring at some point.
>>
>>91664805
Prototype is absolutely worth playing if you want to fuck shit up, yeah. One of the upgrades you get later on is a full suit of bio-armor that basically makes you look like the Guyver, and if you sprint whilst wearing it shit like people and cars just get knocked flying out of your way
It's made by the same team that did Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, so you know what you're getting
>>
>>91664766
You're cutting corners off the the square peg to fit it in the round hole.
>>
File: 505938339[1].jpg (96KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
505938339[1].jpg
96KB, 640x360px
>>91663864
smoke/ash felt pretty weak but Neon and Video got my jollies off. especially when you unlocked the Video ability to summon an army of crystal angels.

I'm a sucker for neon colors and fake screen tearing though so my opinion doesn't count
>>
>>91663754
God, I hope they make a new one. I don't know why I remember the game so fondly but I do.
>>
File: Infamous-second-son-neon-run.png (481KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Infamous-second-son-neon-run.png
481KB, 854x480px
>>91664906
It was more balanced in the evil playthrough, but for the good playthrough neon was WAY too overpowered. Between the sprint and the ability to do slow mo non lethal sniper takedowns I had no reason to ever switch to anything else.

That said, the neon run was a fucking blast, but I do wish at some point you could unlock a faster version of it. When you first start using it it feels so fast but after a while it starts to really feel slow. There should have been an upgrade that lets you overcharge your sprint and go way faster.
>>
>>91663628
>According to the audio logs left by the DUP informant, the DUP considered multiple Conduit powers to infuse into their troops. They wanted one that was "visually strong, easy to train, and versatile." All plant and organic based powers were rejected as they made people feel uneasy. Wire proved too hard to control and paper failed to convey strength and security. Glass was a surprisingly strong choice but also proved too difficult to master in the end. Finally, Augustine's concrete power was chosen as the only viable option.
http://infamous.wikia.com/wiki/Department_of_Unified_Protection
>>
I love them. I love Delsin ten times more than Cole though. He actually has more personality, hes likable, and feels more believable that he can go good or go more dark.

I think he looks cool and feel like too many people let the "edgy" meme influence thier opinion of his look.

I'm also really disappointed we never got a game for Vita, I was pretty certain it was going to happen early on and was a small part of why I got one. The psp got some great original games for existing first party franchises, the vita started off with uncharted and killzone, I thought infamous was a shoe in.
>>
>>91662709
Second Son is the most satisfied Ive felt with any of my PS4 games so far.
>>
>>91663754
>>91662575
That was cool
>>
>>91665260

>I think he looks cool and feel like too many people let the "edgy" meme influence thier opinion of his look.

Deslin is like the least edgy teenager of all time. He's basically one of the kids from "Hackers" if they had super-powers. Hell, his main motivation is to help people on his reservation.

My only real complaint about his character is the whole "tagging" concept. Unless this somehow takes place in 2003, no one gives a wet fuck about spray-painting anymore.
>>
>>91664984
Activision is playing nice with Sony now and sharing Crash. Having crash (and maybe spyro) might be enough to help move a new game forward if they considered doing it. But superbot was disbanded. The first game didnt get to finish and release all its dlc.
The next two dlc characters were Dart and Abe from odd world, the latter of which they had already started on his model.

As far as infamous representation in a second game, it would be good to merge good/evil cole, or have a sort of "style" option so they arent two full characters, to make room for Delsin as a second represenative.

even if you hate Delsin, wouldnt you wanna beat on him with Cole?
>>
>>91665371
I still thought that was cool but then again I fucking love Jet Set Radio, and the gimmick of holding the controller sideways, shaking it like a spray can, while hearing the ball shaking INSIDE the control was just the coolest shit to me.
>>
File: 18j1ta05yaa3wjpg.jpg (53KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
18j1ta05yaa3wjpg.jpg
53KB, 800x449px
In the good end, did Cole save the world? Or at least the majority of America?

I like to think he did.
>>
File: Kessler-Flees-With-His-Family.png (226KB, 631x301px) Image search: [Google]
Kessler-Flees-With-His-Family.png
226KB, 631x301px
>>91663465
this, the guy had the power to stop the beast and what does he do?
Run the fuck away.
>>
>>91663727
Having him steal their powers was fucking ridiculous.
If at least have him emulate one attack similar to theirs but with smoke or whatever his powers was.
>>
>>91664805
https://youtu.be/8cV92i0xvHw
>>
>>91664805
Prototype is fucking boring and appeals only to edgy 13-year olds who like gore and listen to Linkin Park.
>>
>>91668112

>>91668088
>>
>>91662577
I did like how they handled Zeke in 1 when he screws you over, it's in a moment of weakness rather than resentment boiling over, and he immediately regrets it.
And a part of his arc in 2 is making it up to you.
>>
>>91668166
its a believable choice too

like having a ray sphere would be tempting to anyone
>>
>>91668140
Still boring.
Crackdown is better. Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is better. Fucking Spider-Man Web of Shadows is better.
>>
>>91668212
No idea why you're so mad, but Spider-Man: Web of Shadows is a legit good game and doesn't deserve to be the "even THIS is better" example there
>>
Why didn't Kessler just kill John?
>>
I and 2 was great.
SS was shit. They should have followed up from I2 bad ending as they planned originally.

Changing that was a stupid decision. They did it because most people chose the good ending, but that doesn't mean it makes for a better starting point for a third game.

>>91670160
I think he did not know who the beast was.
>>
>>91670217
It's implied that he did know in a Dead Drop in Infamous 2.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.