[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I kinda wanna get into comics, where do I start? I want to ignore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1492324247971.jpg (87KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1492324247971.jpg
87KB, 500x499px
I kinda wanna get into comics, where do I start?

I want to ignore things like Deadpool or Harley Quinn, my favorite hero since I was young was Spider-Man, is The Amazing Spider-Man 2015-to now good? What are some good DC comics too? I like to think both ways.
>>
File: Comic-Books.jpg (573KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Comic-Books.jpg
573KB, 1600x1064px
Try your local library.
>>
>>91626034
>is The Amazing Spider-Man 2015-to now good

Nope. There's definitely worse runs out there, but the current one's really mediocre at best.
>>
Well you're in a bad situation ain't ya fucko
The only good recent Spider-Man book is Spider-Man and Deadpool

Hate to be a jerk, but you kind of come off like a jerk anyway
>Hurr I want to avoid Deadpool cause I heard it's bad
>Btw I don't read comics

Exactly the problem with half the board desu senpai
>>
File: thoughtfulblackman.jpg (40KB, 556x352px) Image search: [Google]
thoughtfulblackman.jpg
40KB, 556x352px
>>91626034
start by ignoring all capeshit completely
>>
>>91626450

he never said deadpool was bad, he just said he wanted to avoid it. He probably just isnt interested in deadpool's shenanigans which is a valid reason. OP asked a reasonable question in an inoffensive way. Dont get your feelings hurt when someone doesnt like what you like
>>
>>91626671
Exactly the problem with half the board desu senpai
>>
Going to the library and just getting a better feel for what you want, if you want some recs I would go for Saga, Chew, Moon Knight, and the recent Hawkeye run was p good.
>>
Can you just read Amazing Spider-man 1 to 700 and not have to read anything else, or do things that happen outside of the main run actively change up a lot of the content to the point where you don't know what Spidey is doing?
>>
>>91626034
Just download and try some books, the rest comes naturally.
>>
>>91626034
Spider-Man: The Gauntlet and Grim Hunt are modern-ish Spider books that are pretty good. If you like that kind of style, that "run" starts with the book Brand New Day.

If you're looking for a more 90s flair, then Spider-Man: The Next Chapter is a place to start as well.

If you want DC recommendations that are more traditionally comic booky, the current runs on Aquaman and Superman are really quite good.

If you're okay with books that are a little more experimental, you could check out any of the books in the Young Animal line. They've all been pretty good so far.

>>91627086
You CAN, but that's a lot of comics. It's much easier to pick a creative team or decade to start from and go from there.
>>
File: IMG_1157.png (327KB, 489x1400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1157.png
327KB, 489x1400px
>>91626034
/co/ anons often forget that these lists exist.

anyway, here's some intro stuff from spidey
>>
>>91626034
Don't. Comics suck.
>>
File: BpI4E74CYAASCSd.png (625KB, 599x622px) Image search: [Google]
BpI4E74CYAASCSd.png
625KB, 599x622px
>>91626034

Personal favorites from the top of my head:

- Scarlet Spider (2012) by Chris Yost - just jump right into it. No previous knowledge required.

It's basically the adventures, both dark and hilarious, of a man called Kaine Parker - a grim 90's Spider-man villain - as he tries to get a second chance at life by becoming Houston's resident superhero (while hating the idea and every second of it)...

... and reluctantly making friends who balance his curmudgeon, saving Mexican girls from human traffickers and end up fighting talking Mexican werewolf drug dealers because of it, etc.

It's a fun series.

- Remender's Venom

- Spurrier's Legion

- East of West

- Green Lanters (Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz),

- Millar's Old Man Logan

- Transmetropolitan

- Superior Foes of Spider-man (comedy of incompetent minor Spider-man villains).

- King's Vision

- Metabarons
>>
File: 1487352376338.jpg (20KB, 625x476px) Image search: [Google]
1487352376338.jpg
20KB, 625x476px
>>91626529
/thread
>>
>>91626034
>I like to think both ways
You do realize there's more than two companies, right?
>>
>>91629164
>says not to read capeshit
>jackposts

yeah, because shallow good vs evil fightan books are SOOOOOOO much more childish and stupid than shallow good vs evil fightan cartoons, you must be a real deep guy, did you go to film school?
>>
>>91629326
SJ's not even a book you god damn turkey. Don't get mad that my interests extend beyond capeshit
>>
>>91626034
What is this thing from? I keep sing threads about it. Looks like manga.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.