[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why there is no talk about Valiant on this board?I am genuinely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2205.jpg (520KB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2205.jpg
520KB, 780x1200px
Why there is no talk about Valiant on this board?I am genuinely curious, some of their new books are really recommended by many sites and people, yet I don't see even a word about them here.
>>
>>91625575
Valiant isn't mainstream but it also isn't a hardcore indie publisher.

Honestly most of their books are ok or competent.
>>
>>91625575
In case you hadn't noticed /co/ only talks about marvel and dc, and large chunk of the comic threads are just company wars.
>>
>>91625575
I liked some of the original stuff but my interest petered out after a while.
Jumped in when they came back and the same thing happened even faster.
That said, Quantum and Woody volume 1 is GOAT.
>>
>>91626060
This.

Unfortunately most of the discussion is centered around attention-grabbing ploys and "outrage". Valiant doesn't really do that, they just focus on their stories.

The exception is Faith, which really rubs the /pol/ element on this board the wrong way.

The only way to get /co/ to talk about comics like this is to make /co/ read 'em through storytimes. I used to storytime Valiant a bunch, did so all the way through Armor Hunters, but then I stopped reading monthly comics and shifted to trades, so I fell out of that.

Been quite enjoying tradewaiting Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak and Wrath of the Eternal Warrior. Also definitely want to pick up those Rai and 4001 deluxes to get that complete story.

My favorite characters are definitely the Anni-Padda brothers, they are just such a wealth of potential stories due to their whole concept. They provide a nice backbone to the universe. Any setting or time can have Gilad or Ivar or Armstrong stroll in.
>>
Sorry anon, this is a movie board. People on /co/ don't read comics.
>>
>>91626269
You know what this is the best explanation.
>>
>>91626437
/co/ could be better, /co/ could be two boards about two separate mediums. Maybe then with enough space and a reduced userbase that cares more about comics, we could discuss non-big two stuff outside of the rare threads about building block staples of the medium like Cerebus.
>>
>>91625575
this is the publisher with the well-organized and coherent timeline, right?

I'm genuinely curious about it. Last time I seriously dived into "alternative" publishers I discovered Invincible, Savage Dragom, and Wolfman. Had a blast.

Any titles you guys recommend for Valiant?
>>
>people rarely ever storytime Valiant comics
>HOW COME /CO/ NEVER TALKS ABOUT VALIANT COMICS?
Gee, I fucking wonder. Hell, the Sonic comic pretty much never got mentioned here until someone decided to storytime the whole thing.

You want something to get noticed by /co/? Share it with the class then. Worked for the Sonic comic, worked for Endtown, it will work for anything worth reading.
>>
enough reboots
>>
i found out jason david frank is playing bloodshot.
>>
Oh look, this thread again.
>>
>>91626269
>The exception is Faith, which really rubs the /pol/ element on this board the wrong way.

i'm centrist in my politics, but when Faith presents Hillary Clinton as a champion for human rights and progressiveness, i vomit in my mouth and not in the good way
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.