[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyone that disliked The 2011 Looney Tunes Show that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: wabbit_clip_001_01_640x360.jpg (38KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wabbit_clip_001_01_640x360.jpg
38KB, 640x360px
Is there anyone that disliked The 2011 Looney Tunes Show that thinks this show (Wabbit) is an improvement?

It seems worse in every way.
>>
I keep forgetting that Wabbit even exists. People never talk about it here.
>>
>>91621401
Because it never airs

Bob Bergen said they've begun production of Season 3 while Season 1 hasn't even finished airing yet.
>>
>>91621423

They're making more wabbit? Thats good I guess. More looney tunes to look forward to. Was worried they weren't doing anything with the franchise for a while.
>>
>>91621401
First few episodes aired unannounced, everyone who watched thought they were shit. Sometime later, they silently moved it to Boomerang. Afterwards, everyone forgot about it. I have no idea why the fuck they're still producing more episodes.
>>
I've never even heard of this.
>>
>>91621144
Is this exclusively on Boomerang? I remember they had it on regular Cartoon Network for a while, but I don't think they do anymore. It's hard to tell, though, since 9 times out of 10 the only thing I see on it is Teen Titans Go.
>>
>>91621781

Like Bunnicula, Justice League Action and the Ben 10 reboot, Wabbit airs regularly in foreign markets. So they're making it for the non-US divisions of Cartoon Network.

Meanwhile, we Americans can enjoy more Teen Titans Go.
>>
File: jla_space_cabby_pictures.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jla_space_cabby_pictures.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>91622801
I wish they'd at least trade some TTGO slots for some Justice League Action slots. That show really needs to air more over here.
>>
I want to have sex with Bugs Bunny.
>>
>>91621144
I loved the animation of wabbit. Very smooth but they never air it, all they did was just air a few times and forgot about it and moved it to boomerang.
Also why the hell did they change the whole look of the channel
>>
>>91623745
They're trying to rebrand it and remind people it still exists by giving the look an overhaul and putting original content on it

I mean seriously, for the past decade Boomerang had those exact same bumpers and Hannah-Barbara music videos.
>>
>>91623824
The channel inevitably needs to change. They can't air the same content forever because eventually, people will be bored of it and stop watching. Especially now that we're in a age where anyone can look up those old shows online or buy them on dvd. A network that airs nothing but shows from 10+ years ago doesn't appeal to many people.
>>
>>91623679
Since you haven't used any words with an "r", I can imply you're Elmer Fudd and there's no way to disprove me.
>>
>>91625060
twy me, you niggew
>>
File: daff.webm (2MB, 720x402px) Image search: [Google]
daff.webm
2MB, 720x402px
>>
>>91625589
Man Porky really let himself go.
>>
>>91626006
I remember Bob Bergen's promo tweet of that scene said something like "Yeah, he's put on a few pounds, but who hasn't?"

Also, I think it was a good choice having Dee Bradley Baker voice Daffy for this series instead of Jeff Bergman.
>>
>>91622801
>>91623653
We live in the worst timeline.
>>
i'm literally waiting for the episode when sylvester shows up
>>
>>91621144
I thought the 2011 show was pretty good

i didn't like that stereotypical black lady as the witch though
>>
>>91623653
y'think cabby got that Black Canary ass? while Zatanna was cuckqueaning?
>>
File: jla_zatanna_mlady.png (92KB, 254x288px) Image search: [Google]
jla_zatanna_mlady.png
92KB, 254x288px
>>91626489
>not standing in a position of power and control behind Space Cabby with her hand firmly grasping his shoulder to remind him who's the boss.
>>
>>91626094
We know they're in the show, Bergman is doing Sylvester again but not Tweety. Bob Bergen is playing Tweety this time around.
>>
>>91626247
That was one of the worst parts of it along with the Family Guy style humor of letting shit drag on for minute.
>>
>>91628107
When it shone though it was great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYSd2SNfK4k
>>
2011 was really hit and miss but when it hit, god damn, it hit hard. I wish people gave it a chance and let it air a couple more seasons to get it's bearings as it was a show that improved as the writers started to figure out what worked and what didn't.

To this day I still stand behind my opinion that LTS Daffy was the best incarnation of Daffy made, even managing to be better then Tex Avery's and Duck Dodger versions of the character.
>>
File: hold_me_back_nigga.jpg (46KB, 592x448px) Image search: [Google]
hold_me_back_nigga.jpg
46KB, 592x448px
>>91628985
>Better than Duck Dodgers
Lets not go crazy now
>>
>>91622801
>we americans
Shiteen titans is being spammed on non-American TV.
Nobody is safe from that aberration of nu-cartoon.
>>
>>91629365
normies like retards
>>
>>91629365
>>91628985
I actually think people don't realize just how similar Dodgers Daffy and '11 Daffy are (they both have an exact scene of them working as lazy security guards and casually allowing the bad guys to walk past them).

Without a doubt though I give the edge to Dodgers Daffy, both for the better writing as well as the better voice acting (seriously, RIP Joe).
>>
>>91629365
He wasn't a retard though. He was a literal sociopath. They took the ADD and insane nature of Daffy's original character and mixed it with Chuck Jones greedy/selfish loser Daffy. So what we got was a immoral weirdo who didn't care about the people around him and just did his own thing and took everything to the extreme.

It managed to end up getting the best part of the two incarnations attributes and if anything was more faithful to the original character then Chuck Jones pure greedy asshole Daffy.
>>
How come there aren't any cartoon makers around with comparable talent to the older ones?
>>
I HATED Looney Tunes show when it first came out but I miss it now. Wabbit was shit, didn't even reuse any character besides Bugs
>>
>>91631536
>They didn't reuse any character besides Bugs

Daffy, Porky, Elmer, Foghorn, and Yosemite Sam are all in Wabbit.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I also saw Lola in a Preview but I'm not sure?
>>
>>91631504
There are. TV networks don't want to pay them though while the cheap stuff makes money just fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_MSFkZHNi4
>>
wtf is wabbit
>>
>>91631504
because they often don't have the budget for that type of Chuck Jones/Tex Avery style animation

>>91632158
Don't know about Lola but we know for sure Sylvester and Tweety also appear later in Wabbit
>>
>>91632687
What about in terms of comedy? The old Looney Tunes were way better than most of what we have today.
>>
Didn't people hate the Looney Tunes show because it turned Lola into a actual character and not just a token sexy bunny chick

also best moment in the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYSd2SNfK4k
>>
GWILLED CHEEZ IF YWO PWEEZ
>>
>>91632712
Well of course that's all subjective, but I think we just don't live in the slapstick era as of now

There's a much bigger market for more conversational/dialogue heavy humor nowadays and that just seems to be not only what creators prefer doing, but also what audiences may prefer.
>>
>>91633228
It really pissed me the fuck off when the show claimed that Bugs wasn't good at lying.
>>
>>91633228
>Put Lola Bunny as she now is in the old material and she still doesn't stand out. She can only win by "neutering" every single other LT character.
She'd be like a more psychotic Miss Prissy and that could work
Disagree, and I hated Looney Tunes Show.
>>
>>91621401
It doesn't help that Boomerang is somewhat airing it among blocks of classic Looney Tunes blocks and retitled it "New Looney Tunes".
>>
>>91625589
That's actually pretty good. It's like they actually remembered old Daffy.
>>
>>91621144
Looney Tunes Show was funny
Wabbit is a steaming pile of rabbit shit
>>
>>91628985
>>91629724
>>91629978
All true. It found it's bearings halfway into the first season.

It had some of the best characterizations of all the Looney Toons.

Bugs, for instance, was a lot more vulnerable than before, which made his snarky behaviour and uncanny ability to always win much more effective when it happened.

ALso they made Lola not shit
>>
>>91625589
>>91626006
>>91634261
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLkdzBvMcE4

Have some audio
>>
>>91632199
That was awesome. Thanks anon.
>>
>>91625589
This would be good if not for all the unnecessary dialogue because they couldn't afford good animation
>>
>>91634261
>>91625589
Fittingly enough, I never liked the old, "Woody Woodpecker" Daffy.
>>
>>91632199
This was excellent, why is this the first time I'm seeing this?
>>
>>91622801
You forgot Be Cool, Scooby Doo
>>
>>91621144
Both shows are utter shit.
>>
>>91625589
Man, it seems like modern LT writers have a better time writing Daffy than Bugs.

I haven't watched much of Wabbit, but this is the most cartoony I've seen the show. I hope that mean it improved as it went along.
>>
>>91626076
We have ice cream, there are worse timelines than our.
>>
>>91621144
It had the right idea, it just was very well designed or written.
>>
>>91623653
I love Justice League Action's animation style, I'd just love it more if it were a bit livelier (empty cities) and accompanied an actual story.
>>
>>91625589
>we want the Uncle Grandpa audience
>>
File: 1491366302234.png (46KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491366302234.png
46KB, 200x200px
>that episode where they paint Bugs and the squirrel as being in the right as they vandalize a baseball field in the middle of a game and paint the one baseball player trying to stop them as the bad guy
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.