[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I know I give you the business sometimes, but if I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: yancy.png (67KB, 250x261px) Image search: [Google]
yancy.png
67KB, 250x261px
>I know I give you the business sometimes, but if I'm hard on you it's only because I want you to grow up strong and resilient. Someday, you may face adversities so preposterous, I can't even conceive of them. But I know you'll pull through and make me proud. I love you, son.

Futurama thread.
>>
god this show was amazing.
also inb4 sad dog episode.
>>
>>91617904
Nice justification of child abuse. To his dad's credit, he probably believed he was doing the right thing. Doesn't make it much better
>>
>>91619379
The original series, Bender's Big Game, and Into the Wild Green Yonder are good. Everything else was shit.
>>
>>91619401
>child abuse
holy shit, are you one of those people that called the cops because your parents wouldnt buy you a happy meal?
>>
File: 1490372888129.jpg (155KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1490372888129.jpg
155KB, 500x492px
>>91619401
>>
File: 1480498157344.png (6KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1480498157344.png
6KB, 500x294px
>>91619401
>>
>>91617904
>I want you to grow up strong and resilient. Someday, you may face adversities so preposterous, I can't even conceive of them
It was a pretty forced moment anyway, these lines took me right out of it. There's no way Fry's dad knows how to use so many four-syllable words correctly.
>>
Remember the alien chief that was a parody of a real chief that you can't remember the name of?
>>
>>91619820
He's a war-fearing conspiracy nut, a hobbyist survivalist, he's misguided but not impractical or inarticulate. This moment seems to suggest that Fry's adaptability to the future comes from his father's tough treatment.

Interesting that this is the first thread I see after reading an article about Alex Jones pretending to be a performance artist in order to win a child custody case..
>>
>>91619568
Original series was the whole thing, so yes.
>>
>>91619589
>>91619705
>>91619778
Hello Fritzl, going to "love" your children today?
>>
File: 1479201691795.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1479201691795.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>91620117
>ice fishing with your kids is like raping them

Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>91620112
I meant before it got brought back from cancellation; it's first run. The new shit was shit.
>>
File: 1492432357357.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492432357357.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>91619401
>>
>>91619849

You mean Emeril?
>>
>>91620530
It wasnt that bad homo
>>
>>91621467
It really was. Literally not a single good episode.
>>
>>91619401
Hi Mr. Enter.
>>
I'm gonna call my Dad.

Thanks, OP.
>>
>>91619401
Dense retard.
>>
>>91621743
The Prisoner of Benda and the time machine episode were some of the best of the entire series tho
>>
>>91621930
How can one man be so wrong?
>>
>>91617904
The idea Futurama had moments like this drew a hard line in the sand from the Simpsons.

I mean the first 8 seasons did make me FEEL but aside from the Michael Jackson episode and Homer's Odyssey, not as much daggers in the heart
>>
Was it wrong for Bender's Big Score to retcon the sad episodes?
>>
>>91620117
Sure thing Lenard. How's the "playdate"?
>>
>>91619849
Elzar and Emeril.
>>
>>91619820

It was a decent moment but that line was terrible. Winks at the viewer way too hard and totally out of character.
>>
>>91622836
I wouldn't say so. In other episodes, Yancy Sr. seems intelligent enough, he's just a hardcore survivalist. Kinda like Dale Gribble, but with actual military experience.
>>
>>91619589
...called the cops because your parents wouldnt buy you a happy meal?
This really happens in America?I won't be surprised.
>>
>>91622980
A friend talked to me about her kid cousin from america.
When he wouldn't get his way, he would say, "IIII'm calliiing Niine Ooone Oooone :D" (sorry for the smiley but I had to convey the cringe and smug.
>>
Fry's Family was supposed to be cartoonishly negligent so he/the viewer wouldn't miss them.

The retcon of "my family was actually nice and I have been in denial of how much I miss them" is one of the weirder things they did in the post-revival season
>>
>>91623878
Jesus christ, that kid should have been sent to military school. How can you fuck up like that as a parent?
>>
>>91623962
I mean they were kind of doing it before with Yancy and Seymour. I'd honestly say it's more because they wanted their own episodes like that so they used his family.
And to be fair while they made his life ridiculously shit in the pilot they did make him miss his family by the end.
>>
>>91619820
>It was a pretty forced moment anyway

Every "heartfelt moment" in the revival was horribly forced.
>>
>>91624158
I'm coming from a black family in west africa, and that shit doesn't fly. In fact, we often blame "white" countries for being too soft on their kids, and they turn into self absorbed entilted shits very easily (not all the time).

Where I grew up, the parents are not the only ones to raise you. the whole community can, and will discipline you and teach you respect and boudaries, and that includes a slap on the hand or some roughness to show you who's boss.
It doesn't include beating your kids or punishing them unfairly either though. But it's kind of a pride of me and my cousins that we were raised by uncles and aunts who would inspire respect, without ever being mean or unfair.

My step sister is seven, raised by her white mother who lets too much stuff slide. She's not a bad kid, but I think it could be better.

Anyway, back to the kid in america, the government has rules that restraign the parents to the point where they can't use the amount of force needed to remind the kid who's the boss and what respect is.
>>
>>91624329
I'm from northern europe and there are rules against that stuff here as well, but most kids turn out fine here. Someone has had to failed completely as a parent for that kid to turn out like that
>>
>>91624329
>>91624158
And by the way, how messed up is it that the government allows you to send your kids to a place where they'll be even meaner and agressive than a parent is ever allowed to be?

At least when my dad punished me, I could tell he was doing it for a good reason and didn't enjoy it, but he cared about me, and it had great effect in the end.

Sending your kids to a place where they treat their kids harsh, just to avoid having to it yourself is just a dick move. It's like saying "oh having kids is actually quite a bother, and the tv isn't doing its job as a babysitter. Better send him away".
>>
>>91624457
Yeah, my uncle lives there, and he praised your education system and your kids in general. He has a lot of respect for the countries he has seen.
>>
>>91623878
>>91624329
>>91624457
You must have been beaten a little too hard if you think that kids is actually serious about calling the cops.
>>
>>91624843
It happens.
In fact, kids do stupid shit sometimes.
>>
>>91623962
to be fair that had been a theme ever since Luck of the Fryrish where part of the gutpunch at the end was that his brother actually cared a great deal about him, enough to name his son after the brother he missed so much
>>
>>91619589
>>91619705
>>91619778
If he was so right about his child abuse then why come fry still came out as a total retard doesnt seem like the rough parenting worked here
>>
>>91624993
Because of Fry's special brainwave
>>
>>91624993
Because of his special brain from being his own grandfather, it's explained in the show.
>>
>>91624993
I'd say he's doing rather well for someone flung into a horrifying, dystopian future filled with evil aliens, mad scientists, inter-dimensional parasites and richard nixon's head.
>>
>>91619379
it was literally a meme show, taylor made for reddit
>>
>>91625099
>dystopian
The whole joke of the series is that it has all the problems of the present.
>>
File: Turanga_Leela_by_everydaycomics.jpg (94KB, 600x870px) Image search: [Google]
Turanga_Leela_by_everydaycomics.jpg
94KB, 600x870px
Guys I love Leela and her big boots
>>
>>91625555
Could you elaborate? Especially since I'm not 100% sure reddit was a thing when the show premiered.
>>
>>91625937
I cant I'm afraid, I've already elaborated you're momma
>>
>>91625555
If by meme you mean joke then yes, Futurama is a comedy show with jokes in it.
>>
>>91619401
*BUURRRRP* "God's not real Morty"
>the redditor begins to chuckle
"L-life is pointless Morty, your *URP* parents are fucking idiots"
>the redditor laughs out loud, spewing Cheetoh crumbs all over his desk
"Y-You can tell your teachers your parents are abusing you, even if they're just yelling at or grounding you. And the system will take you away forever!"
>the redditor can hardly contain his full bellied laughter as chortles begin to fill the room
"WUBALABADUBDUB POOPY DOOP FUCK SHIT FOSTER CARE IS AWESOME YOU CAN PLAY VIDEOGAMES UNTIL MIDNIGHT IT IS TOTALLY NOT A LIVING HELL"
>The redditor starts convulsing on the floor, gasping for air between spasms of laughter
"mmmm get schwifty"
>the redditor's heart explodes and he dies
>>
>>91622351
A little it also erased his feelings of loss for his family and the past which is either good for plot, but it cheapens the original series which was better than the adaption that was doing it. The revivals very existence cheapened the original run but there were good episodes throughout.
>>
>>91621743
Game of Tones.
>>
>>91625666
You think the world is that great a place? Just because there's no cackling villains in charge doesn't mean our world is a good place to live. Sure there's some good, but not as much as people would like.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.