[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why is Wakanda so advanced and utopic? If they don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0162.png (352KB, 626x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0162.png
352KB, 626x311px
So why is Wakanda so advanced and utopic? If they don't communicate with the outside world, or only recently began to do so, they should actually fall behind due to others' achievements not being known. I know they have vibranium, but they don't sell it, so it's not making them any money. Why aren't they flooded by refugees from neighboring shitty countries? How did they resist colonialism?
>>
There is no actual legitimate reason for it. They only made it utopian to make Black people feel better.
>>
Fun fact, every single ancient civilization from millennia ago was super advanced compared to say 500 years ago. Each civilization in this world has had an era where either it was destroyed and its survivors were reduced to barbaric living conditions, they destroyed themselves, or they literally killed off all their thinkers and creators and focused on being as uniform and underachieving as possible.

Ancient China was an amazing advanced civilization before it was united by the first emperor of China. He believed that only Confucius should be followed and literally killed off all the other philosophers and schools of higher learning in his lands, usually by burying the teachers alive and upside down.

Europe saw the rise of the nobility that used edited bible verses to enforce the idea that the nobility were the only ones with a right to be free, own land or money, read, and that all others were serfs to nobles.

Africa... well Africa was fucked, Egypt was the only thing in that entire region that had a chance. Most tribes would hoard any kind of advantage so each generation would have to rediscover basic technology.

Mexico had several great civilisations, many of which fell to warring between one another or due to internal corruption such as the Aztecs with their massive amounts of blood sacrifices and spreading the idea that drinking water that touched sacrifice blood was a holy thing... then the spaniards came and things went even more to shit.

Wakanda is an ancient civilization that is designed with the idea of "What if their ancestors DIDN'T fuck it all up". The fact that they have actual deities providing spiritual advice and support to keep their people growing, advancing, and learning while still keeping strong to their original traditions probably helped a fuckton.
>>
>>91605800
>If they don't communicate with the outside world, or only recently began to do so, they should actually fall behind due to others' achievements not being known.
shoo shoo globalist. not every country needs to rely on others to succeed
>>
>>91606099
>Fun fact, every single ancient civilization from millennia ago was super advanced compared to say 500 years ago.
This is so stupid, anon. There's actually something to the rest of your post but I was 99% giving up here because that is such a dumb fucking statement.
>>
>>91605800
They don't need money. They have vibranium. You're also thinking of Wakanda as way nicer than they actually are here anon. BP is like the nicest Wakandan ruler there's been in centuries: they don't have refugees because they don't take them. They resisted colonialism because they had super advanced vibranium technology and they couldn't be colonized.
>>
>>91606150
Whatever, bitch. You still read it.
>>
>>91606150
Ancient Greece had aqueducts, indoor plumbing, and a crap load of other advances.

Ancient China had actual artillery, a movable printing press, and many other advanced technology, but its technological growth stopped HARD after the unification, the separation of the sexes, and free thought was made potentially punishable by death.

Egypt built pyramids and other works of engineering marvel.

While many of the cities still had the wonders of the world such as Notre Dame, the technology and theory behind making those kinds of buildings was not understood by many.

I supposed I should correct myself and say it is more like 300 years ago rather than 500 since 1400s-1500s was around when the renaissance really kicked into high gear with Leonardo and etc, but compare ancient greeks or a renaissance man with a person from the 1700s and the 1700 person would usually be a lot less learned. Perhaps if you include certain monastic groups that specialized in learning you would have a different result, but even still conditions were a lot less enjoyable back then.
>>
>>91606364
I wish I retroactively hadn't now. Do you understand that you're wrong there? You don't seem to have any idea what life was actually like in the 15th/16th/17th century and you've bought into this bizarre meme that every single civilization had one single golden age of maximum development.

It's like you've picked up particular facts or anecdotes but have no holistic appreciation of history or ability to look over a wider period of time or in a wider context.

Like I sort of agree in terms of Wakanda (though it's not just their own ancestors, it's definitely specifically an anti-colonial nation) on your point but your post as it applies to actual history is dreadful. "You read it bitch" isn't an argument for your points.
>>
>>91605800
Because comic books are works of fiction. The more out there and extravagant the idea the better. Nothing epitomizes this illusion of grandeur like the idea of black people making a thriving society.
>>
>>91606462
>I wish I retroactively hadn't now
What? Did I hurt your feelings?
>>
>>91605800
Apparently by basing their culture off of 1980s cartoons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcGNqrAtsgg
>>
>>91606462
Not that Anon, but, let me try to translate from "conspiracy" to "Historical".

All cultures of which we have historical record, undergo periods of growth and development, which is characterized by advancements in science and standard of living. However, these same cultures have all undergone tragic downfalls, under which the arguable pinnacles of their cultural advancements have been lost.

Let's look at South America, shall we? There is significant evidence that the Rain Forest is a man-made phenomenon.

The average pre-columbian citizen of south america likely enjoyed numerous luxuries, such as readily available fruit and nut plants, and bountiful harvests of domesticated plants, due in part to the agricultural sciences these native americans developed without any contact with the west. There is evidence from over 3,000 archeological sites that suggests that Humans not only arranged the distribution of these plants, but also significantly altered the composition of the soil, using a process not even understood in modern times. Amazon Rainforest Soil is *abnormally* fertile.

From archeological finds, and excavated remains of pre-columbian people, there are more than a few interesting finds: for example, There are zero signs of malnutrition or hunger in these skeletons. Everyone, from the most wealthy to the poorest individuals, were fed. Because the Rainforest was a colossal botanical garden of easy meals.

So, what the fuck happened? Well, disease and war pretty much wiped out the first civilizations that solved hunger, and by the time South America was being introduced to all new and exciting western diseases, there wasn't anyone left who knew how to make the hyper-fertile soil, so the science died with the civilization, and native south americans were reduced to half-bred by spaniard and portuguese conquerors. Without anyone tending the garden, it grew amuk.

When i first wrote this i had a bunch of sources, but 4chan thinks it's spam;.
>>
>>91607572
Put in on pastebin
>>
I thought I read that Wakanda was prosperous but not very advanced until T'Chaka or T'Challa went to a bunch of colleges of the outside world and modernized and then futurized Wakanda.
>>
>>91605800
Vibranium has a magical effect that makes people smarter. Since Wakanda has all of it, their scientists have discovered all of science before everyone else.
>>
>>91607572
First off, the Amazon Rainforest soil isn't "abnormally fertile," unaltered Amazon Rainforest soil a layer of constantly replenished humus and topsoil abundant with organic matter over relatively poor soil; it's why sections of cleared rainforest suffer from soil nutrient depletion rapidly. As for the manmade soil alteration, it's called terra preta and is a very well understood process, being mostly a mixture of charcoal, organic compost, and clay added to the soil.
>>
>>91605800
They have totem magic protecting their civilization from all external and internal threats since the nation's ancient founding.
Imagine how advanced the rest of the world would be if there had been no wars, no Dark Ages, no plagues and famines, no burning of the library at Alexandria, and magically boosted intellectuals were allowed to study the sciences uninterrupted by the destructive ignorance of hostile foreign nations.
>>
>>91605800
Thundercats?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.