[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel and DC are perpetually pumping out low quality comic books.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: marvel and dc.png (2MB, 900x678px) Image search: [Google]
marvel and dc.png
2MB, 900x678px
Marvel and DC are perpetually pumping out low quality comic books.

Can someone explain to me why it is casual to only pick out the stories that are well received and/or are written by authors I trust? Why should I intentionally read bad comics in order to attain the status of a "hardcore" fan?
>>
When did anybody say that was casual? Knowing from experience what writers to trust is the definition of not casual.

Also of course you're not gonna be a hardcore fan if you don't read everything. That's what the point of the term hardcore is, you read EVERYTHING because you are that dedicated. This isn't /v/, there's a lot of room between "casual" and "hardcore", you're not just one or the other.
>>
>>91601926
No one ever said that.
>>
>>91601926
OP are you imagining arguments that were never there?
>>
>>91601926
It's only casual if you're reading comics different from me
>>
>>91601926
Investment of time and money. If you just pick and choose you're not really interested in the medium as opposed to someone buying 20 books a week regardless of subjective quality.
>>
>>91602002
>>91603833
>as opposed to someone buying 20 books a week regardless of subjective quality
That sounds retarded as fuck.
>>
>>91603916
It's like watching a show with a story but skipping the bad episodes.
>>
>>91601926
They waste their lives so they want you to waste yours as well. It's pretty simple.
>>
>>91603833
>tfw you only buy 5 books a week
>>
>>91603833
jokes on you, i only buy trades.
>>
>>91604394
If a show had as many bad episodes as comics (where 90% of it is shit) no one would watch it.
>>
>>91604563
What do you read anon?
>>
>>91603833
>If you just pick and choose you're not really interested in the medium as opposed to someone buying 20 books a week regardless of subjective quality.
That's fucking idiotic. If I don't watch epic/disaster/date movie that doesn't mean I'm not interested in film.
>>
>>91604625
>Action Comics
>Detective Comics
>Wonder Woman
>Suicide Squad
>The Flash
>Aquaman
>Green Arrow
>Green Lanterns
>Justice League
>Nightwing

I don't consider myself a hardcore fan or anything, I just grew up on DC stuff and have a interesting in following certain heroes and keeping up with the goings on of the verse.
>>
>>91603833
A person who reads mostly Marvel/DC is a person who is not really interested in the medium.

I'm not saying anybody should stop reading them, but they shouldn't be the majority of your reading if you want to use your limited time and energy to explore the entire medium.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.