[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5.5 days left in the Moomin's crowd-funder project. If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: 5816046502_4b56a0d4ef_b.jpg (95KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5816046502_4b56a0d4ef_b.jpg
95KB, 480x360px
5.5 days left in the Moomin's crowd-funder project. If they don't hit their goal, they get nothing. Making these threads until it finishes because want this to actually happen.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/moomin-animation--3#/

For those not aware, there is a new Moomin's series coming. It has been allocated funds by Finland's YLE. But that doesn't always guarantee a success. YLE has bungled projects before (with public money no less). This current funder project aims to not allow the new Moomin's series to stoop to crappy Flash animation, and instead be free to use the best of 2D and 3D integration to capture the original feel of artist's artwork.

Boost the signal, fellow anons. Let's make this project successful. Indiegogo only allows for a single deadline extension during a campaign, and they've already done that. So this is the final run for this project.
>>
Wasn't this the project put up by a bunch on known hacks with no legitimate connection to the source material?
>>
File: Moomin.full.1376794.jpg (142KB, 800x626px) Image search: [Google]
Moomin.full.1376794.jpg
142KB, 800x626px
>>91601465
>put up by a bunch on known hacks

I don't know where you get that idea. Elaborate if you've got legitimate sources to corroborate that claim.

In reality the project is run by the daughter of the original creator and writer. So I'd say she's got a pretty good connection to the source material.

Plus if you look at the list of people and their credentials on the project, it's pretty good.
>>
>>91601583
I just remember the general attitude from actual Moomin fans turning pretty harshly against it when it was first announced.

I'm not a fan, so I'm just talking about what I remember.
>>
File: HET.jpg (32KB, 278x400px) Image search: [Google]
HET.jpg
32KB, 278x400px
>>91601018
Nah, the 90s anime was fucking dope. There's no reason to try fund something new and get disappointed with it. Besides, Tove is dead, so anything after is just riding on a well known franchise.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-04-16-16h35m43s342.png (2MB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-16-16h35m43s342.png
2MB, 1920x1058px
>>91602262
I thought the Moomin's on the Riviera looked pretty good, especially if you think of it as a reflection of the comic's style. It's hard to match the 90s anime. (I think it was technically made in the late 80s though?). But that organic style is really not made anymore.

If we don't let artists try new things, all we'll get is flash animation and stilled hand-drawn stuff.
>>
They need to get 3% per day and they are averaging 2%. Might not make it. Wish I had more of a social media presence, though saying that makes me feel dirty. But they will miss by something like 5% probably. Sad....

Still hoping for a big push near the end. Anyone who can, please share on social media. I've already done so.
>>
File: c95a97.jpg (106KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
c95a97.jpg
106KB, 850x1200px
that world war 2 episode was pretty heavy
>>
You're being too straight forward, OP

The official campaign is leaving a bad taste in the older audience's mouths and isn't putting out the right bait to lure in a new ones.

Meme that shit.

Meme that hippo into space!
>>
>>91601583
>In reality the project is run by the daughter of the original creator and writer.
But Tove Jansson was a lesbian who had no children. What?
>>
>>91601018
>we are creating a show full of diversity and tolerance, something that is needed now more than ever
Wow.
>>
File: 1453506548797.png (424KB, 885x803px) Image search: [Google]
1453506548797.png
424KB, 885x803px
>>91601018
there's things we should let untouched
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.