[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/ redpill me on the Gray Jedi's it seems luke is and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 16

File: gray jedi.jpg (54KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
gray jedi.jpg
54KB, 600x849px
/co/ redpill me on the Gray Jedi's

it seems luke is and is going to train rey to be gray in episode 8 so i want to hear your take on this
>>
>redpill
Shoo.
>>
File: 46451815648461.png (1MB, 505x1212px) Image search: [Google]
46451815648461.png
1MB, 505x1212px
>>91594575

They are shit

Rogue Jedi are better
>>
File: 1484008552991.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1484008552991.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>91594575
>Gray Jedi
>>
>>91594679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8R0tRWjqVQ
>>
>>91594695
>>91594575
I saw your /tv/ post and I will repeat
>le grey Jedi meme
She's going to be a force user who doesn't allign herself with either Jedi or Sith. Grey Jedi aren't a thing, you can't be a grey Vegan or a grey Christian
>>
>>91594575
Gray jedi is reddit shit for fedora autists.
>>
>>91594921
then why are disney putting it into the canon?
>>
>>91594943
They're not. You watched one fan video and believed it.

Being a non-Jedi Force User != "grey" Jedi
>>
>>91594649

What is the difference exactly?
>>
>>91594969
but thats exactly what it means...

you fucking cucks need to learn to read the signs of the trailer, rey talking about the balance of the light and dark. luke and rey both wearing all grey.

this shit is symbolism 101
>>
>>91594943
Because Star Wars is reddit shit
>>
>>91594988

Your a force user who doesn't think of the force as anything only just it is a tool not a way of life.

You wanna use force lighting without getting emo eyes and grey skin? GO ahead just make sure you are not a dick when you use it

Grey Jedi are emotionless cunts
>>
>>91594988
Fan appeal

It's literally just Kyle Katarn appeal though. And he's never gonna be canon again.
He's never coming back.
>>
>>91595036
>Grey Jedi are emotionless cunts
How can you be so fucking wrong?
>>
File: 1463008203396.png (149KB, 368x475px) Image search: [Google]
1463008203396.png
149KB, 368x475px
>>91595009
>>
>>91594998
No, they're force sensitive non-Jedi. Jedi is a religion/way of life, not a species or the name for anyone who is Force Sensitive. You can't be a grey Muslim or a grey Christian or a grey Vegan.

You are or you aren't. The way you interpret those rules is up to you but you consider yourself one of them.

"Grey" Jedi are also confirmed non-canon. Luke wants to GET RID OF THE JEDI. He wants to replace it with a new idea/religion, like the Sith aren't Jedi or the Knights of Ren. Force-sensitive creatures like the Bendu who don't care about the light or Dark side don't call themselves grey Jedi, they simply are.
>>
File: Snarky droid.jpg (132KB, 789x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Snarky droid.jpg
132KB, 789x1044px
>>91594943
They're not, you're lying, and one can't be a Jedi while not following the rules of the Order and not being affiliated with the Order. One can be an unaligned force user, which is what they're planning for Rey and what Ahsoka was after leaving the Jedi. Luke, Kanan and Ezra were Jedi because they were trained by Jedi and followed the teachings of the Order as best they could. The Bendu and Mother Talzin were just wizards unaligned with the Sith, but you don't see anyone calling them Grey Jedi because its a nonsensical term.

>>91594998
If they stop following the path of the Jedi they are no longer Jedi. They'll just be starting a new group, if they start one at all, that doesn't repeat the failings of the order. In the EU there were literally hundreds of force users who weren't Jedi or Sith, and the New Canon is introducing force users all over the place unaligned with the Jedi. The term is stupid, and doesn't accurately describe what a non-jedi is. OP is totally right that the Jedi order is going away so force users can be good guys without having to answer to galactic organization by default to prove their good, as the Old Jedi Order was.

I am fairly hyped for all this.
>>
>>91595097
the problem is that doesn't account for the moral-power ethic that confronts all force users and which bendu has no answer for. in fact, bendu's solution is closer to the Sith ethic of might makes right instead he is an asshole to everyone ala if-you-are-not-with-me-you-are-my enemy.
>>
>>91594762
What about Mace Windu or Kyle Katarn? Or any other jedi that mastered both light and dark sides of the force?
>>
>>91595047

Well I mean Jadens Korr a Rogue jedi too

but he was Katarns apprentice...
>>
>>91595370
>Mace Windu
He follows the light side. Like explicitly. He may draw on the power of the dark side/use dark side techniques but he's still a member of the Jedi council and is a Jedi.

Anakin used a force choke and would get angry but he was still a Jedi at the time because he followed the order.

>Kyle Katarn
Non-canon, just like Grey Jedi. Grey Jedi did exist in the old EU but the new EU they don't, just like Kyle.
>>
>>91595425

>Grey Jedi aren't a thing, you can't be a grey Vegan or a grey Christian
>Grey Jedi did exist in the old EU

Your position doesn't seem very consistent.
>>
>>91595597
They were a thing in the old EU and they were retarded. New EU wiped them, because they were retarded.
>>
>>91595612

Has the new canon said anything at all about grey jedi?
>>
>>91594575
Take your shit tier D*sney fanfic back to /tv/ and stop shilling it on this board. Thanks.
>>
Im upset that the keep shitting all over the OT eveb more than the prequels did
>>
Qui gong jinn was pretty much a grey jedi
>>
File: IMG_0856.png (713KB, 593x781px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0856.png
713KB, 593x781px
>>91594575
>>91594649
Knights of Zakuul are the most redpilled force users
>proof that the force goes beyond Light and Dark
>they derive their power from JUSTICE
>trained by the greatest Force user this side of the Battle of Yavin
>>
>>91596709
Knights of Zakuul were dumb as fuck, just like the rest of SWTOR, they are stormtroopers with lightsabers. The very idea of reducing the jedi and sith to faceless goons sickens me.
>>
>>91596637
No, he was not. He was a jedi, who wasn't a complete retard, one of the only ones in the prequels.
>>
>>91596985
the idea of muh light vs muh darkness usually presented is retarded enough as it is
god forbid someone realize that learning to use both sides of the force could be effective and worth exploring
>>
>>91597112
>Learning to use both sides
There's no "both sides". Either you submit to your violent, hateful and power-hungry tendencies, or you don't. In the first case, you are on the dark side. In the second, you are not.
>>
>>91597205
t.lucas
>>
>>91597221
t. abrams
>>
>>91597221
t. edgy millenial
>>
>>91597249
>not dealing in absolutes is edgy
wew lád
>>
The force exists in all things, so to bring balance to it you must balance yourself. Don't be an emotionless robot like the Jedi, but don't lose yourself to those emotions like the Sith
>>
>>91597249
Don't even try and defend this anon.
>>
>>91597300
Okay, let's get to basics. Explain to me, in layman terms, why does a concept of a "grey jedi" appeal to you, and why do you want them to use Dark Side for.
>inb4 there's no Dark Side
Without going into fanfiction territory.
>>
>>91597305
>Don't be an emotionless robot like the Jedi
This right here is the reason I hate the prequels. At no point Yoda, Luke or Obi-Wan behave this way. Yet then the Attack of the Clones roll in, with this celibacy business (probably because Lucas suffered from a bad divorce), and suddenly we have this "jedi are emotionless" meme.
>>
File: Kreiahoodlessconcept.jpg (13KB, 180x271px) Image search: [Google]
Kreiahoodlessconcept.jpg
13KB, 180x271px
>Gray
This is kind of dumb. It's trying to systemize something that's as ambiguous as a set of beliefs around a fictional religion.

What would a "gray" Jedi even do? Would they have a credo of passive non-interference? Why would you embrace a set of beliefs just to not act?

Luke is just depressed because his attempt at reviving the Jedi order went as badly as the last time the Jedi were around. It's not some "THE LIGHT AND THE DARK SIDE ARE BOTH EQUALLY BAD" shit. If anything it's "trying to spread a doctrine that can potentially give incredible power to emotionally unstable idiots" message, not "JEDI ARE BAD"
>>
>>91597364
because unaligned force sensitive individuals make for more interesting characters than 90% of jedi monks or sith

the most interesting bunch of the jedi/sith are the ones who are struggling with their feelings and not sure if they stand in the light or dark anyway
>>
>>91597483
Once again, there's no such thing as unaligned. There's the Dark Side, and there's everything else. And I mean "everything" else.
>>
>>91597564
by unaligned I refer to someone being a force user but not a member of the jedi or a follower of the sith and thus not held to their beliefs, not that they are unaligned on the force which as you stated isn't a thing
>>
>>91597648
I actually agree with you on that one. The Jedi Order as shown in the prequels is a fucking boring abomination populated by boring robots.
Since EU tries to emulate it for some reason, the best jedi stories take place in timeframes when Jedi Order is exterminated.
>>
>>91597648
>by unaligned I refer to someone being a force user but not a member of the jedi or a follower of the sith and thus not held to their beliefs, not that they are unaligned on the force which as you stated isn't a thing

To be fair, we really don't learn a whole lot about how the Jedi view the force in comparison to other traditions. The OT Jedi said about the same shit I'd imagine any non-evil non-Jedi force user would say. I doubt other traditions would be urging you to tap into the dark side unless they're trying to be evil/edgy like the Dathomir Witches.

>>91597736

I think the Jedi Order as an organization was the issues, jut like the Old Republic was an issue.

It's not that the teachings/values on which the Jedi or Old Republic were based were fundamentally flawed. It's that the institutions were so centralized that a handful of people could wield influence and so massive that said influence could reach far and wide.

I don't think Luke is going to go "gray Jedi" and embrace the Dark Side. I think he's going to not restore the old Jedi order as a massive centralized organization that's bound to the government and instead go for something more decentralized.
>>
>>91594575
God is the force.
Jedi is the Catholic church.
Greys worship God without the doctrines and confines of the church.
>>
>>91598144
I can really get behind "no more orders" idea. The Jedi Order was George's mistake for many reasons, but you can't just retcon it. But you can come up with in-universe solution to the problem.
>>
>>91594575
Grey Jedi are just Jedi who left the order but didn't fall to the dark side
>>
>>91594575
>/co/ redpill me on the Gray Jedi's

Imagine if there a sequel to LOTR where after all the shit they went through resisting Sauron's temptation, overcoming the forces of darkness, and winning the day, all the "good" characters were instead rebranded as narrow minded dogmatic bigots and Sauron was presented as having made some legitimate points.

It even tries to imply that this shit would have never happened if everyone had just been a bit more like Sauron instead subscribing to all that bullshit Gandalf, Tom Bombadil, and the Elves were selling and we're better off without them.
>>
>>91598331
>>Grey Jedi are just Jedi who left the order but didn't fall to the dark side

Wouldn't this basically make most every former member of the Jedi Order after Order 66 a Gray Jedi provided they didn't fall?

Including Yoda and Obi Wan?
>>
>>91598750
technically yes but they didn't leave voluntarily, so not really
>>
>>91598750

Basically, but the term Grey doesn't really apply to them because they didn't really change. Grey Jedi is just a confusing term for people who want a Force User but don't want them to be Sith or Jedi, or to have any religious/political/military/social organization telling them what to do, leading them to say they're a Jedi who doesn't play by the rules. It probably comes from people trying to find a midway between the Dark Side and the Light Side, which is obviously Grey.
>>
>>91594575
>/co/ redpill me on the Gray Jedi's

It was a stupid idea that had an even worse execution.
>>
>>91596709
How is justice not light side? That sounds fucking stupid as fuck.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWPm9dZsuw4
Gray Jedi meme obliterated in 10 minutes
>>
>>91598493
This except it's Morgoth instead and he's right
>>
>>91596709
Heroic Sith/Light Sith are great. Better than Jedi and better than shitters like Maul.
Zakuul Knights are pretty damn strong as well. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the galaxy reacts to them now that they don't have the Eternal Fleet. The Outlands are out for blood.
>>91596985
SWTOR has been great, and some the Warrior and Agent storylines are some of the best SW plots in years.
>>
>>91597401
I wonder how much Lucas's divorce impacted his writing. Because of the prequels (not the Clone Wars) are 100% canon, then it retroactively makes the Jedi look like some of the most dogmatic, petty shitters around.

Ezra is only likable as a proto-Jedi because he is completely detached from how those robotic monks of the PTs actually acted, and is largely making it up as he goes with Kanan.
>>
>>91594575
It's dumb bullshit made up by adults who take a series of children's films too seriously.
>>
File: consider the following.png (254KB, 566x533px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
254KB, 566x533px
>>91601478
your taste is shit and so are you
>>
>>91594575
Grey Jedi are for people who want to have their cake and eat it too. All of the cool space wizard powers, none of the drawbacks.
>>
>>91601767
yes, and?
>>
File: The Way of JUSTICE.jpg (112KB, 739x1050px) Image search: [Google]
The Way of JUSTICE.jpg
112KB, 739x1050px
>>91599860
>>
>>91601564
>then it retroactively makes the Jedi look like some of the most dogmatic, petty shitters around

wow it's almost like that's the whole damn point or something
>>
>>91594575
It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
>>
>>91595370
Mace isn't a grey Jedi. He's a light side user that risks falling into the Dark Side because he has a retarded fighting style.

The only one that comes to mind as being right in the middle was Jacen for about five minutes and then bug fucking and Caedus happened, so that's not exactly a strong selling point for it.
>>
>>91594575
Not a thing, Jedi are explicitly light.
>>
The concept of gret Jedi is fucking retarded. Like saying you're a vegetarian but still eating fish. Or saying you're not a complete fucking faggot but thinking grey jedi are cool or a thing at all
>>
>>91599860
Play KOTOR2, Jedi's are not just. Following the Light side to a T allows for horrible atrocities to occur in the name of good.
>>
All I know is orange is the second best lightsaber color

yellow is best
>>
>>91602410
>ANYTHING but blue
only acceptable if you're a fag
>>
>>91597205
That's the whole point of the KOTFE/KOTET.
Valkorion discovered the force is a thing that is shaped by people's value systems. The more integrity you have to yourself and your values, the deeper your bond becomes.
>>
>>91595047
Nah, if Thrawn can come back, someone with more mainstream appeal isn't entirely out of the question.

If anything, I wouldn't rule out a Dark Forces/Jedi Knight reboot.
>>
>>91601564
I remember reading an interpretation of the prequels that said that the Jedi being Dogmatic hypocrites was part of the point and why Anakin turned to Vader and why Luke is the true chosen one, since he reconciles both the dark and the light
>>
>>91595612
if they had any sense they would go back to the EU because it's not as retarded as half the shit they're putting out now
>>
>>91601478
i assume you thought Andromeda was a decent addition to the series too. you must be 14 or acting like a retard for the fun of it
>>
>>91602428
>>91602410
>Patrician tier
Green, Purple
>Nice guy tier
Orange, Yellow
>Absolute shitter tier
Blue
>Edgy tier
Red, BLACK LIKE MY SOUL
>>
>>91594575
I liked the fact that these guys didn't take center stage in KOTOR2. You'd think that the concept of a Gray Jedi would be perfect for a game which takes a critical look at how Jedi and Sith work, but in the end the closest thing they had to a Gray Jedi turned to the dark side because fuck you the force will influence you regardless of what your beliefs are.
>>
>>91602927
t. fag
>>
>>91602954
Eh? Not really because the point of taking a critical look at how Jedi and Sith work is taking a look at how Jedi and Sith work or don't. Bringing in somebody who said 'fuck that noise' kind of undercuts that theme. And if there's one thing Obsidian can do, it's write complex moral dichotomy effectively.
>>
>>91602927
Thanks doc
>>
>>91594575
>muh middle way is always better
The south park of force users
>>
>>91595612
>and they were retarded.
life isn't black and white. While I can agree people rarely write them correctly there's nothing wrong with the concept of Grey Jedi
>>
>>91602927
THERE'S LITERALLY ONLY 1 BLACK LIGHTSABER IN ALL THE UNIVERSE AND ITS A MADALORIAN ONE FUCK OFF
>>
>>91602519
But KOTFE is non-canon, anon
>>
>>91601767
Did you just assume my use of the Force?
>>
>>91601478
From a story perspective, I mostly agree with you.
Makes me wish SWTOR was an RPG with pure action gameplay.
You get a heavy and light attack, aerials, a sub-class specific ability and your sub-sub class abilities would be tied to your combos
>>
>>91603317
Don't remind me.
I hope they recycle elements from the Old Republic era into the new canon.
>>
>>91594575
>it's a Disney Wars copies the old Legends EU episode but now everybody loves it episode
>>
>>91594575
Heh...

Jedi... Sith...

what a load of baloney...

i look past their pettyness

i have surpassed all.
>>
>>91603499
It's a tragedy they weren't.
Agent and SW are pretty much their own campaigns, and JK was alright.

If they only condensed those three storylines into an RPG it would have been amazing.

>>91603317
It's canon.
>>
>>91602764

Most of the EU was shit. Good Riddance
>>
>>91603199
Life doesn't have The Force either so that's a moot point.
>>
>>91603199
Any character that would self-identify as a grey Jedi is retarded. At best it might be an insult used by other Jedi. "Oh, that Jedi has a little grey in him." But not anything further. You're either a Jedi or you're not, even Qui-Gon was just a damn Jedi.
>>
It is all about keeping the "Jedi" fresh and interesting, the jedi order and code was explored in 6 movies already, they can't do it aain in the new triology without being too repetitive so they are going to have Luke training Rei to be a force user of the light side, but not subordinated to the old Jedi ways

tl;dr: It is time for the Jedi to end
>>
Alright people, George Lucas directly stated that the Jedi protect balance and bringing balance to the Force meant the Jedi getting rid of the Sith because the Dark Side represents imbalance. None of this "Equal amounts of both" or "The Truth is in the middle" stuff. The point of the Jedi in the Prequels was that they were "good" but had become distant and lost their way, not that the very concept of the Jedi was bad. The whole point of Luke taking up the Jedi mantle in Episode VII, "I am a Jedi, Like my father before me." is that he's going to make the Jedi what they were supposed to be and not repeat the same mistakes that led to the downfall of the old order.
It was only in the EU that writers misinterpreted the two sides of the Force as being two opposing extremes instead of Balance and Unity versus Imbalance and Chaos. Of course now Lucas no longer owns the rights to the new movies so Star Wars may end up with the problem that plagues many "shared" universes like comic books where different authors can have contradicting opinions on what's "true" or "in-character". I for one am apprehensive of the direction Luke's line in the trailer implies because I'm sick of the modern cynical idea that taking a side is always bad nothing is worth preserving. Hell the whole cornerstone of Star Wars is the Jedi being this mix of mythological and pulp style heroes. If you get rid of that then why even have Star Wars? Just find one of the any other thousand cynical military Sci-Fi media.
>>
File: Luke and the Jehova's Witnesses.jpg (32KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Luke and the Jehova's Witnesses.jpg
32KB, 480x640px
>>91594649
I remember when that image was used in the spanish version of the Jehova's witnesses magazine.
>>
>>91604180
Well and I imagine that if they got a bit more attention and had a bit more focus, the other stories could be as good
>Jedi Knight: Focus more on your relationship to the Emperor, focus more on your brain-washing
>Inquisitor: chock full of Indiana Jones type side quests, focus the lore of the main-quests a bit more
>Consular: Jedi Internal Affairs, done, easy
>Bounty Hunters: Tons of bounty hunting where you have to set up ambushes and mark-specific snares
>Agent: perfect as is
>Warrior: perfect as is
>Smuggler: focus on the underworld society elements more
>Trooper: Focus on the lives of typical Republic citizens more.

The biggest issue I have with SWTOR is the area designs make anything that isnt a cut-scene a fucking chore. Combat is bland and traveling takes forever.
>>
>>91603199
You're a Jedi or you're not, nothing Grey about it. You have to follow the Light Side to be a Jedi, no grey bullshit and being like Qui-Gonn doesn't count just cause he's mellow. One would be like the Bendu, or Ventress, outside the Sith and Jedi, to be grey.
>>
>>91606940
The jedi is literally just a name for an order of force users.
>>
>>91597305
>jedi are emotionless meme
Yoda, Obi, and Anakin all exhibited a range of emotions throughout the prequels. Mace had a permanent scowl on his face and Qui-Gon was just naturally stoic.
The rest of the Jedi we only saw in council meetings where you are supposed to keep your emotions in check and speak logically. If you count The Clone Wars, then all the extra Jedi got time to shine and emote.

There also isn't a no sex rule. The Jedi forbid attachments such as marriage because they want their members' foremost loyalty and dedication to be to the Order.
>>
>>91606990
The Jedi themselves express that you shouldn't allow your emotions to dominate you, but hold Anakin to an especially high bar because they all think he's the Chosen One.

Which, incidentally, becomes why he leaves the Jedi. It's one of them, whatchu call them, Self-Fulfilling Tragedies.
>>
>>91607159
The Jedi do try to set aside their emotions when making decisions which at times make them come off as cold and uncaring and does ultimately lead to their downfall.

But they still have emotions. The way some fans talk, they make it sound like the Jedi went through some Force ritual to strip themselves of any feelings at all.
>>
File: Kit_Fisto_smiling.jpg (32KB, 479x336px) Image search: [Google]
Kit_Fisto_smiling.jpg
32KB, 479x336px
>>91602927
>green
my fellow patrician
>>
Gray Jedi are just an edgy teenagers attempt to be Shadow the Hedgehog. "I don't have to play by your boring rules MOM." "My character is so cool he can use both sides of the Force." "Look how mature I am for having heard about Moral Relativism." Whats a Gray Jedi supposed to be in the middle of? Does he donate to the orphanage and then go kick a puppy? The Dark and Light sides aren't opposite extremes. Their balance and good versus the lack of those things.
>>
File: 1491201081225.jpg (24KB, 530x297px) Image search: [Google]
1491201081225.jpg
24KB, 530x297px
>>91607489
>>
>>91602927
>Best Boy tier
Yellow
White/Grey
>Pertty Good
Green
Light red
Dark Blue
>meh
Light Blue
Purple (Unless you're Samuel L Jackson)
Deep Red
>OC Shit tier
Black
Orange
Rainbow
Transparent
Mood Ring
Bright Pink
An actual sword with the words lightsaber in-graved on the blade
>>
>>91607270
I mean obviously.
One of the best examples (arguably the one that leads Anakin to betray the Jedi) is Mace Windu.
The guy is distrustful of Anakin for a movie and a half, then tries to get information about Palpatine (whom he's already suspicious of) from him. Then, on the first bit of info from Anakin, he rushes off to confront (and assassinate or depose) without gathering more evidence.

Mace Windu's paranoid decision making is what makes Anakin think that the entire order had become corrupt or at the very least hypocritical.

Yeah, people talk like the Jedi are an ABSOLUTE void of emotion. I mean it is Sorta brought up by Qui Gon Jinn in EpI: he talks about how Kenobi needs to become more connected to the Living Force rather than the Unifying Force.

It's implied that, at the time of Anakin as a knight, that the Unifying Force theory was the more popular.
>>
>>91606874
Please tell me that's real.
>>
>>91607512
Is it? Kyle Katarn and Qui-Gon had no patience for Dogma and navel-gazing but that did that mean they weren't Jedi and had to get their own special snowflake category?
>>
>>91607627
>inserting Vergere's bullshit from the fucking NJO into the prequels to make them seem deeper
I really just kind of want Star Wars to die now
>>
File: latest.jpg (61KB, 302x338px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
61KB, 302x338px
There's only ever been one good one and he wasn't even really grey.
>>
>>91607828
Jolee is what Grey Jedi should be, just a Jedi who left the Order but didn't fall, not some blanket term for every non-Jedi non-Sith
>>
>>91606790
Yeah well Lucas is retarded so fuck him. I'd rather have writers that portray a cynical or "grey" view of the force like the EU/KoTOR 2 than convoluted idealism and dumb notions of light/dark/good/evil absolutism. That shits retarded.

The idea that the Jedi in the prequels were good or that the Sith were all bad is lazy, poor writing. Like it or not, truth exists in shades of grey.
>>
File: yamete peterson-chan.jpg (13KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
yamete peterson-chan.jpg
13KB, 480x480px
>>91594575
>Grey
>GRey
>rey...
>Rey

IT WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIMEEEEEEEEEEEE AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>91606937
Definitely, the best parts of the Inquisitor storyline were the indiana jones/ghost eating. They could have replaced the entire third act with Thanaton and instead had Darth Imperius confront some unspeakable evil like Sel Makor or Abeloth.

In retrospect, they could have done the Zakuul storyline a lot better by introducing it's fleets/scouts/etc expanding into The Core Worlds and the Outer Rim during/after Makeb. Forged Alliances, SoR, and Ziost could play out as they did but with this mysterious, expansionist, third faction that gradually makes it's pretense and motivations more known/parent as time goes on. Maybe even have Valky communicate/taunt/banter with the player as early as Makeb, so that when the reveal of who he/Vitiate is happens, it feels less forced.

As for combat, egh. Could be better could be worse. I made the mistake of not playing a healer for my first character and I won't make the mistake again. Dps/Tanking takes forever.
>>
>all this time thought that the Force was neither good nor bad, and that it just Is, like the Tao
>find out that Light Side Force is true force and Dark Side Force is bad dudes badly tainting the un-bad Force with their badness

That's...nice, I guess.
>>
File: myman.jpg (55KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
myman.jpg
55KB, 630x630px
>>91607828
>>
>>91608110
There's a huge difference between realizing that the morally correct course of action is not always easily discernable or agreed upon than an infantile "too much good is as bad a too much evil!" sense of smug self-righteousness.
>>
>>91608330
I always figured that too. The Force just is, it has a dark side like nature has a destructive side. You can't get rid of the dark side, it's always there, always lurking so to speak, but sentient beings can exacerbate it which upsets the natural order. Jedi are supposed to be Force police, keeping the peace, not righteous crusaders waging a war against the dark.
>>
>>91606937
The best part about playing Sith Warrior is that Jedi can't handle your bantz.
>>
>>91608110
If the main themes of the core six movies are so abhorrent to you then why even care about Star Wars? There are tons of quality works in a wide variety of mediums that explore those notions. In relation to Kotor2, Fallout New Vegas by the same people is a masterpiece of writing on these themes. Why not play that?
>>
>>91608321
Even thinking back to the companions, they were all pretty similar to Adventuring Sidekick archetypes
>Man servant
>Pirate/raider/criminal
>Good Christian/Jedi
>Enthusiastic professor
>Another man servant

And yeah, that Zakuul progression sounds a lot better.
Rise of the Emperor was interesting but a bit more interaction would have helped for sure, to make sure that non-Warrior, non-Knight characters had more of a connection with him.

And I just hate MMO combat when it's not done pitch-perfect (see FFXIV)
>>
>>91594575
Jedi teachings of the force's mysticisms have gradually become an orthodoxy of the light side of the force over the lifetime of the order,
Altruism, preserving life and peace, goodness for the sake of goodness. Those are said to be the ideal of the force, as representative of nature's mystical realm.
But evil exists in nature, it's part of the universal balance. Hatred for hatred's sake, death, destruction, chaos, violence, cruelty, and lust for power are all aspects of the force's dark side. Sith teach that these are just a more honest embrace of the mysticism, but inevitably warp even the force into something unnatural and unwholesome in their quests for ultimate power.
"Gray Jedi" are force users who seek above all a balance in the force, preserving the natural equilibrium of both the light and the dark sides so that nature and it's mysticisms proceed as the force itself wills it.
It's like when someone says God works in mysterious ways and that's why horrible things happen randomly - a Gray Jedi doesn't see a tornado or devastating flood as evil or dark side, just the force being the force. A Sith would revel in the destruction. A light-side Jedi would try to prevent it. The Gray Jedi accepts it.
>>
>>91608520
Yeah well, unless I'm wrong or was lied to, the dark side is definitely something that can be extinguished and the Jedi are righteous crusaders waging a war against the dark.
>>
File: 1491719287711.jpg (27KB, 415x423px) Image search: [Google]
1491719287711.jpg
27KB, 415x423px
>>91594575
Gray Jedi in the Legends continuity were basically Jedi that could use light side / dark side powers because muh donut steel, lack of creativity, and the general edginess that came with the 90's.

Gray Jedi in the current continuity are more like ronin. They're Jedi, light or dark, that don't really associate themselves with an order or particular organized belief system and usually prefer to be loners. Usually they're hardcore transcendentalists who tell everyone to fuck off and let them live their lives (Bendu) or they're Jedi who have an issue with a few of the traditional values (Ahsoka, Qui-Gon, and possibly Luke).
>>
>>91602408
If you allow horrible atrocities you are by definition not Light Side. Seems like Bioware's current writing staff really does't get Star Wars. thank god they're not canon.
>>
>>91608676
Well, nobody in the films ever talks about the dark side as if it's a separate thing (and nobody mentions a light side either). Otherwise it wouldn't be a "side", it'd be a dark Force or whatever. The dark side of the force is just what manifests through aggression and fear, these are natural traits. You can't be rid of them, so how can you be rid of the dark side? All it takes is one dick using the force aggressively and it becomes a problem again.

The idea that you can destroy the dark side sounds like some dumb video game shit.
>>
>>91608858
I think the idea is to keep telling people that being bad is wrong, thus eventually eliminating the Force from being corrupted.

I believe this to be canon because it is the right kind of dumb that Star Wars would roll with.
>>
>>91594575
Looks like the original form of the Jedi was a mix of the two constantly trying to balance. So the Jedi attempting to adhear tot he light is a mistake. And likely the cause of the dark gaining so Mich power. Force users are connected to the whole and if they don't take some of the dark into themselves it will find another place and the conflict will be pushed to external forms.

Looks like they might be going to the whole original journal of the wills thing because there seems to be a shot of it in the trailer.

Spoiler is that Luke found proof that the Jedi changed themselves in the past and it was a mistake. That's why kylo abandoned him. That is also why kylo is trying to be grey now.
>>
>>91608580
Dark side sith warrior can be the most dry, most 2cool4school fucko in the whole galaxy, it's great
>Bant jedi left and right into full on spastic, darkside mode
>cuck a jedi master out of his qt apprentice
>cuck your mentor out of his dark-council cred.
>>
>>91608938
Did the plot leak?
>>
>>91608767
>KOTOR
>current Bioware
>>
>>91608915
Which is amusing because the same damn thing keeps happening. The Jedi think they win but surprise surprise, somebody else has started using the dark side and inevitably sneaks up on them after amassing a massive army and/or superweapon.
>>
>>91609000
There were a couple things. Half of that is guess but the fact that Luke found problems in the Jedi past being the catalyst for all this shot is a thing. Smoke also mentions kylo being the best balance of light he could find.

And the new trailer has rey saying I sense light dark a balance and Luke says its so much larger indicating he's. Making a new order. Also I think he says he has to be the last Jedi.
>>
>>91609095
Star Wars is dumb, and not always the entertaining kind.
>>
>>91608989
The Sith Warriors apprentice was shit tier. She goes full edge master 2000 way to fast. The Inquisitor's corrupted pupil was way better since she constantly contends against you but even that is flawed cause she never actually falls.
>>
>>91594575
>>91594649

The redpill is that all Force-users serve its ultimate purpose in one way or another, and the various labels groups have adopted over the ages are merely political abstractions that arise from sentient beings' natural need to situate identity in a broader context.
>>
>>91609246
That's what I thought was so funny about it
It's like being the bad guy in an NTR doujin
>>
>>91594575
It is impossible.

To use the force you must either tap into the 'light side' or the 'dark side', making you either a light force user or a dark force user, since the dark side corrupts absolutely (stated in many cannon places), it is simply not possible to use both.

That does not mean you *have* to be a Jedi or you *have* to be a Sith, it only means you can't use both dark and light, it simply does not work.
>>
>>91595065
sorry Gray Jedi are actually fan fiction tier wet dreams courtesy of the true autists that make up this fan base
>>
>>91594575

Nothing personnel, kid.
>>
>>91609258
really mingles my midichlorians
>>
>>91608641
Yep, more could have been done for the Inquisitor story. I wanted to see some more politicking to be honest, the Silencer quest was promising. The storyline could have benefited more if it was a bit more extroverted.
>>
>>91595370
>>91595425
Qui-Gon Jinn was a Grey Jedi, proven by his interest in the Living Force, rather than the future like Yoda. Jinn paid more attention to the present than anything else, and if he hadn't been killed Palpatine would never have gotten so far, clouding the future like he was doing against the rest of the Jedi wouldn't have meant anything to him.
>>
The Jedi are Space Catholics
The Sith are Space Orthodox
Grey Jedi are Space Protestants
>>
>>91598493

Actually Tolkien briefly considered writing a LOTR sequel with a different kind of Orc and new heroes and passing the torch that sounds like TFA: Middle Earth Edition.

He of course quickly decided that'd be fucking stupid and invalidate his trilogy and buried the idea forever.
>>
>>91613510
I've heard a different story - how he was writing a sequel, edgier, about men coming to worship Sauron, but then thought "Wait, no, that's retarded".
>>
>>91613510
to be fair Tolkien did express regret at making Orcs creatures of pure evil and malice, for better or worse
>>
The Jedi teachings are flawed. More than half the time, the greater evils of the galaxy were spawned from failures of their order
>>
>>91613466
Nope, he's just a Jedi. Stop attaching stupid fanfiction labels.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.