[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made Courage the Cowardly Dog so good? Was it the artstyle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 2.jpg (81KB, 634x474px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
81KB, 634x474px
What made Courage the Cowardly Dog so good?

Was it the artstyle?
was it the music?
was it the way the villains usually had a reason for why they acted?
Was it the fact every other episode was a reference to some old movie?
was it the references to New York/Jewish culture?
>>
>>91583188
The artstyle was incredibly pleasing and the characters were fun to watch
>>
>>91583188
>was it the way the villains usually had a reason for why they acted?
did they?
>Katz
>sadist
>Le Quack
>conman
>Fred
>fetishist
etc.
these aren't very outstanding reasons.
more like they tried to make each villain/monster of the week be unique and memorable
>>
>>91583188
This guy died from AIDS, right?
>>
>>91583188
It looked nice and was funny/interesting. Don't need to look so deep into it my man.
>>
>>91583188
HEY THERE, USELESS
>>
>>91583188
The show had incredibly dark comedy climate. Also, specific animation underlined characters solitude and helplessness: vast desolated places like Nowhere specifically, large structures like beaver's dam.
>>
File: silly_dog.png (340KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
silly_dog.png
340KB, 640x480px
>>91583188
don't forget the sillyness, OP
>>
File: Courage split.gif (361KB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
Courage split.gif
361KB, 352x288px
>>91583188
the amount of scariness and heart warming-ness didn't outweigh each other.
>>
>Was it the artstyle?
No. Though it does lend to the creepiness at times, if you really look at the backgrounds they have aged like milk.

>was it the way the villains usually had a reason for why they acted?
Certainly not. The plots made no damn sense, but it didn't matter (and added a bit of humor).

>was it the references to New York/Jewish culture?
What?

>Was it the fact every other episode was a reference to some old movie?
No, that was just the writers entertaining themselves.

>was it the music?
The music, the atmosphere, the spectacular voice acting. The perfectly timed goofy humor cutting the absurd horror vibes like a razor.

That's what's so great about Courage. None of it should work, but because the presentation is done so damn well it just does.
>>
STUPID DOG, YOU'RE MAKING ME GAY
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.