[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Less than a week to go before the Moomin's crowd-funder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

File: vlcsnap-2017-04-15-16h20m38s540.png (2MB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-15-16h20m38s540.png
2MB, 1920x1058px
Less than a week to go before the Moomin's crowd-funder finishes.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/moomin-animation--3#/

In case you're slowpoking, there is a new Moomin's series coming, and it's been funded Finland's YLE. But that doesn't always guarantee a success. They've bungled projects before (with public money no less). This current funder project aims to not allow the new Moomin's series to stoop to crappy Flash animation, and instead be free to use the best of 2D and 3D integration to capture the original feel of artist's artwork.

Boost the signal, fellow anons. Let's make this project successful. Indiegogo only allows for a single deadline extension during a campaign, and they've already done that. So this is the final run for this project.

Also, Moomins thread? Anyone have the show with reasonable English subtitles with Finnish dub?
>>
What projects have been bungled before?
>>
File: 1491306506629.jpg (137KB, 781x710px) Image search: [Google]
1491306506629.jpg
137KB, 781x710px
>>91569981
I don't trust YLE at all, much less this 'diversity' studio.
Give me a shack full of young to middle-aged nips with a crazy perfectionist in charge.
>>
Thanks for the heads-up OP. On the Riviera was my first proper experience with the Moomins since I watched the Japanese-animated show as a kid, will definitely throw this a few euros
>>
They'll probably subcontract the animation work to Korea or Japan.
>>
>>91570038
I'll ask my friends in Europe. My sources are second-hand but here's one I know of.

YLE funded a movie called Mannerheim. (Not the same one that's tried for decades to get made. This is a separate one.) Basically about a prominent war general and later leader in Finland's turbulent history. Now in case you didn't know, Finns are white people. So the YLE's choice to cast a black actor performing as Mannerheim was a politically motivated choice. That's like picking a black guy to play Abraham Lincoln in a biography. It was also more of a spoof of the real man's achievements, and certainly not honoring to someone who historically helped defend and build his country. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Marshal_of_Finland#Reception
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-04-15-16h41m04s388.png (2MB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-15-16h41m04s388.png
2MB, 1920x1058px
>>91570141
I kind of agree with you, but that's why I hope this project succeeds. It might give them the autonomy to not have to stoop to diversity requirements and such.

>>91570163
Yeah that was my first real experience with the show, and watched it in English with a friend to fill in blanks when I had questions. Lovely animation, if a little simple. But not in a bad way.

Also, the Mymble's Daughter had such a sexy voice. She was a very thirsty girl.

I would like to see the show in original Finnish dub with subtitles (there was a couple of series, right?), but that may be asking a bit too much. It's hard to track down.
>>
>>
File: Cereal and Depression.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Cereal and Depression.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
Hooray.
>>
File: moomins rape scene.jpg (39KB, 600x894px) Image search: [Google]
moomins rape scene.jpg
39KB, 600x894px
>>
File: ss (2014-04-02 at 10.08.35).jpg (219KB, 501x716px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-04-02 at 10.08.35).jpg
219KB, 501x716px
this image has haunted me for most my life
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.