[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idT 98H8TK-U WHY DIDN'T

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idT98H8TK-U
WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS /co/.
I want this pilot to be a cartoon NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW
>>
You must live the most boring (I'm sorry, I mean COMFY) life imaginable.

This is like anti interest.
>>
people need to stop pretending to like this garbage
>>
quit posting this piece of shit short. it sucks.
>>
Disappointing
>>
>>91568202
>h-hey guys am I cool on the internet yet?
>>
>>91568065
Looks shit and boring.
>>
>>91568219
>>91568559
>>91568184
>I can't stand a cartoon that tries to realistically show what it's like to be a kid
Gumball, EENE and Clarence are good because they show what it's like to be a kid.
>>
why can't western cartoons do SOL without a supernatural or sci-fi gimmick?
>>
>>91568552
it was really boring desu like I acknowledge it being a slice of life but it lacks the consistency of things like King of the Hill and feels more like a psa on
>Cultural Differences Lmao
>>
>>91568753
Gumball and EENE both utilise their animation advantages to provide fun, inventive, and interesting conflicts, and scenarios, for the individual characters to react and play off of. Those characters may not be "realistic", but maybe that's because real life (for some) is fucking boring to watch. Entertainment is escapist for a reason. Gumball, EENE, and even Clarence (which often hyperbolates despite being "realistic" in your eyes) are practical in portraying a kids life in a way that entertains you. This short is not. This shorts conflict is BORING. The dialog is BORING.

Honestly, tell me, why is this animated? What do you lose by not having him be a monster? You can still make your Gamera(?) reference, so what makes this necessary?

Why would you even put this on film? What does this add to the world, the audience, the anything? "Oh wow, its like my childhood. Cute! "?
>>
I wondered as soon as it started when the bully was going to show up, and like magic he fucking showed up. And it ended in the least realistic way possible although it was Abit unusual to hear a cartoon in this era to reference church.

Also anyone notice that the period 1 class project was to draw a picture of water? Is this kid in basic skills classes?

The teacher and the punk girl were cute though.
>>
>>91569095
>it was really boring desu like I acknowledge it being a slice of life but it lacks the consistency of things like King of the Hill
It's a single eight minute short what "consistency" are you even looking for.
>>
File: 1414535013170.png (198KB, 610x340px) Image search: [Google]
1414535013170.png
198KB, 610x340px
The main character is really cute, there aren't any cute teenage boys in cartoons anymore.

If I was a high school teacher I'd molest him.
>>
>>91569417
oh look, another reason to dislike this pilot.
>>
>>91568065
Its like Gumball but played mind-numbingly straight.
>>
>>91569176
>Least realistic
Actually I have had seen stuff like this before. When 2 people are about to fight and one guy knows both he generally stops them.
>>
>>91569394
it being 8 minutes isn't an excuse for being pathetically boring. It's visually lazy and the use of actual images really expresses how mediocre it is

>inb4 it's part of the artstyle
>>
File: 1414793888700.jpg (120KB, 600x551px) Image search: [Google]
1414793888700.jpg
120KB, 600x551px
>>91569430
Sure, whine about the post liking cute boys right underneath the post about cute girls. I see how it is.

>>91569567
Most people here barely socialize so they'd have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>91568065
fuck off brat, you're embarassing yourself
>>
>>91569631
>it being 8 minutes isn't an excuse for being pathetically boring.
Nobody said anything about boring or not, just needling you on your dumb use of the word 'consistency' about a one-shot. Consistent with what? The other non-existent episodes?
>>
>>91568964

Clarence does it
>>
>>91569669
consistent with "slice of life" works in general
>>
>>91569705
That doesn't fit the context of the post.
>>
>>91569758

it does though.
>>
>>91569809
Then all the other words were used badly.
>>
>>91569155
Gotta agree with this guy. This pilot's worst flaw is that it is very bland. The animation style looks stiff, and outside of the main character, the models almost put me to sleep. It tries too closely to emulate real life, while cartoons are supposed to be an escape. And even if you're gonna go the slice-of-life route, at least make the characters interesting. I can't watch more than two minutes of this because there is absolutely no charm or fun to be had
>>
>>91568065
I'd watch it if they turned it into to a The Office style comedy
>>
>>91568065
Stop spamming this shit retard no one cares about this boring show.
>>
>>91570612
>Nobody cares
You apparently due.
>Spamming
This is my first thread about it. Stay mad.
>>
@91571007
Wow you sure told me.
>>
Why anyone would enjoy this dessicated, unimaginative, blogpost in cartoon form is beyond me.
>>
>>91568065
Still waiting on Twelve Forever.
>>
>>91568065

>use a visual medium to make characters stand in static poses and talk to each other

This might as well be a sitcom.
>>
>>91568065
Are there any pilots that look like they're worth picking up.
>>
>>91568065
Eh, I kinda like it. Nothing much happens, but then it's a pilot so what do you expect.
I think it has potential, it's realistic enough in the scenario to have some genuine moments and be emotionally engaging but also has the whole monster thing going for it.
It'd be a neat slice of life/comedy show.

I think you guys expect a lot from a pilot, but then I've seen 3 guys argue vehemently over whether or not a continuity error existed in a filler episode of Samurai Jack on here so I guess I'm not totally shocked.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.