[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the announcement of Marvel's New Warriors TV series,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: background.jpg (107KB, 633x537px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
107KB, 633x537px
With the announcement of Marvel's New Warriors TV series, what characters are you hoping will be on the roster of the inevitable MCU synergy comic?
>>
>>91565448
Where's squirrel girl?
>>
>>91565448
>Marvel Television
>MCU
>>
>>91565448
Justice and Namorita are out due to rights
Firestar is complicated but probably out

That leaves Sam as Nova and maybe Night Thrasher?
>>
Speedball and Justice. I dont know much about New Warriors, but these two are the face of the team.
>>
>>91565667
>Justice and Namorita are out due to rights
Only Namorita. The rumored cast for the show is:
>Squirrel Girl (main character)
>Justice
>Speedball
>Rage
>Night thrasher
>Ms. Marvel
>>
Remember when black people were shown in lighting to lighten their features? Now white characters are shown in shadows to darken theirs.
And theres a 110% chance a white person made that decision.
>>
>>91565807
Justice is a mutant.
>>
>>91565867
And he originally showed up in Fantastic Four.
>>
>>91565867
Never related to x-men like Quake, they would have to make him an inhuman.
>>
>>91565992
Quake was explicitly not a mutant though
>>
>>91565807
I'm okay with this. I wonder how they'll fit Nova in with GotG, or if they will even try
>>
>>91565867
So was Squirrel Girl until they recently retconned her, and retconning someone into not being a mutant in the comics doesn't retroactively affect film rights. Otherwise, Marvel could just retcon everyone into not being mutants and suddenly get all the X-men rights back.
>>
>>91565867
So? Just because someone is a mutant doesn't mean Fox has their rights. What's important is being associated with the X-men, of which Justice is not and has never been. The fact that Squirrel Girl, who was a mutant when all the rights contracts were signed, is the main character of the show should make it obvious enough.
>>
>>91566598
I don't think they'll try. Since Rich has a miniscule chance to be in movie, I don't think he'll be here.
>>
>>91566892
Whenever these discussions pop up, i wonder if those corporate entertainment lawyers actually read these comics to figure stuff like that out or if they actually pay a bunch of nerds to do what /co/ does for free.
>>
>>91565448
If it doesn't have to match the show roster.
I hope sungirl, water snake, and haechi make it back in. I want more hummingbird but without Yost there is no telling what they will do with her powers.

>>91565867
So is Mollly hayes but she is in runaways, although under a different name
>>
>>91565867
Justice might be usable because he's a time-displaced version of Vance Astro, who first showed up in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Sort of how Fox got Kang, who has always been an Avengers villain, because he's a time-displaced version of a Fantastic Four character (possibly two if you count the "is he Doctor Doom?" speculation in his early comics).

It makes no sense but this is the kind of shit that gave us two Quicksilvers.
>>
File: Avengers v3 000-003.jpg (751KB, 1988x1334px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers v3 000-003.jpg
751KB, 1988x1334px
>>91568774
It'd be a shame to see Justice without Firestar though. Firestar has been a good character on every team she's ever been on, from the Amazing Friends to the Avengers.

The fact that she made her 616 debut in X-books may be enough to scare Marvel away, though I don't see why (again, see re Quicksilver).
>>
>>91565808
Or that contrast is a really easy way to make designs appealing.
>>
>>91566842
Didn't they still retcon quicksilver and scarlet witch into not being mutants anyways?
>>
>>91569098
Yes, it has nothing to do with who has the movie rights, it's just that if they're using a character in the MCU they don't want them associated with muties in the comics.
>>
File: image.jpg (705KB, 1053x780px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
705KB, 1053x780px
>>91568883
Superior Vance is superior.
>>
File: Mania.jpg (113KB, 648x516px) Image search: [Google]
Mania.jpg
113KB, 648x516px
>>91565448
Okay so she obviously wouldn't be part of the show's roster but let's say the comic didn't have to follow the show exactly. In that case how would you feel about Mania as part of the New Warriors?
I'd love it.
>>
>>91565807
>>Squirrel Girl (main character)
>>Justice
>>Speedball
>>Rage
>>Night thrasher
>>Ms. Marvel

Seems a fair line-up for a comic too. But it doesn't really feel complete without Justice and Firestart. However, I would be glad too if they are on the sides and not part of the main cast.

>>91570520
>Mania in the New Warriors?
>I'd love it.

Me too. Lots of potential.

Others I'm hopin' for in any eventual comic are:

- Hummingbird (Aracely): one of the best latino characters ever (IMO, I'm latino), her mysterious past is interesting, weird-as-hell-anything-goes powers and she has a crush on Speedball (friendly rivalry with Squirrel Girl?).

- Scarlet Spider (Kaine): If Aracely is there, so will her champion. He has spider-man powers and costume people like. Plus, every team needs a "Wolverine"-like abntisocial asshole and Squirrel Girl (and Aracely) can drive insane for humor.

- Water Snake: Interesting design, fierce warrior woman plus she meshes well with Kaine.
>>
File: yumlers.png (218KB, 286x314px) Image search: [Google]
yumlers.png
218KB, 286x314px
>>91565807
>rage
>night thrasher
>>
>>91571030
Being a latino isn't an opinion you can have, it's a race jackass.
>>
I'd love to see Hummingbird, but I fear they might ruin her.
>>
>>91571150
No it isn't. It's an ethnicity.
>>
Cho if they did not turn him into a hulk.
>>
>>91571354
never heard of the annual latino burro race?
>>
>>91571551
S-should I have?
>>
File: hummingbird and mania.jpg (207KB, 1102x698px) Image search: [Google]
hummingbird and mania.jpg
207KB, 1102x698px
>>91571030
I would love a comic that had both Mania and Hummingbird in it. I feel like the two would go really well together.
>>
File: see you kojima.jpg (16KB, 460x464px) Image search: [Google]
see you kojima.jpg
16KB, 460x464px
>>91571605
well now you do
>>
File: 1474875868662.jpg (43KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1474875868662.jpg
43KB, 240x240px
>>91565992
>quake
>mutant
>>
>>91565448
Justice/Firestar = Cyclops/Jean
>>
>>91574542
That's insulting. They're way better than that.
>>
>>91565808

What the fuck are you even talking about? The shadow on Speedball's face?
>>
>>91565667
>>91565807
Fuck, I actually like Namorita

But most of the original 6 would be the "main" team for me.

Although I'm pretty sure Rage will appear somewhere. And Cloak and Dagger add in that teen drama that Freeform loves so much.
>>
You would think they would have Justice in there somewhere, his backstory is everything people fucking love in a teen drama story.

Firestar I can kinda see since her story is really tied to the Hellions and New Mutants.

Speedball and Night Thrasher are little known blank slates for anything.

Nova is just not going to happen, Namorita maybe as an Inhuman at best.

Then there are those other guys like Turbo, Rage, Darkhawk, Hindsight, Microbe, these guys are probably going to be random angst ridden bad guys of the week that may turn friend later on.
>>
File: ebr chloe laugh at you.jpg (404KB, 1280x706px) Image search: [Google]
ebr chloe laugh at you.jpg
404KB, 1280x706px
>>91565448
>Marvel's New Warriors TV series
Another NON-CANON show? Who cares.
>>
>>91583393
OP here. I care more about the inevitable comic that comes from the show than the actual show tbqh.
>>
>>91584848
I feel like the show is going to do just as bad as the last comic did
>>
>>91584848
Books that tie into MCU shows have all been awful

Like that Agents of SHIELD book, Ghost Rider, Inhumans, Jessica Jones
>>
>>91566598
Rich might be in the movies but never on abything tv or cartoon since Loeb will always push Sam over him.
>>
>>91583393
>Who cares.

I do.
It's a 20 minute Marvel comedy, what's not to love? I'm more excited for this then Cloak & Dagger or Inhumans.
>>
>>91586844
I would have been, if it wasn't for the fact that Squirrel Girl is going to be the MC. To the degree that the show is named after her with the New Warriors as her supporting cast.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.