[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>take a "minority" teen, preferably a girl >give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 36

>take a "minority" teen, preferably a girl
>give them super powers and non-hetero sexuality
>overhype them to hell as the new messiah
>optional: kill an established hero and have them replace them

How about we make an asexual "white/trailer trash" superhero ? Coming from a poor background and a humble trailer park in the south of US, she is gifted with magical powers that allow her to call upon the skills and weapons of her ancestors: ranging from 19th century soldiers, through medieval knights down to ancient hunters.
>>
>white

Idea is dead on arrival
>>
>>91555715
I would unironically check it out
>>
>>91555748
Dunno, that's a lot of potential readers as long as you don't make their a stupid stereotype (which I guess you could if it was a superhero parody comic) and quite honestly, do you think they're less likely to buy a comic compared to all those tumbrlinas that just download single frames or pages from the internet for their rants ?
>>
>>91555715
Going to a more generic level. Isn't this basically what that fat blue collar kid from the avengers initiative was?

For your specific attempt, you seem to be missing that most of the kid heroes are poor minorities whose friends or enemies are trash.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (57KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
57KB, 480x360px
>fights crime
>doesn't only adopt the skills and weapons, but also the personality
>her family is a long history of righteous warriors
>gathers a reputation and popularity
>other characters come to meet her
>becomes friends with other teen characters
>helps out the Champions for a mission
>everything is going well until she calls upon her ancestors
>This time it's a Crusader
>she sees Kamala
>"Deus Vult"
>>
>>91556130
You need to go back to /pol/.
>>
>>91555715
>White thrash character
DC already have Harley Quinn.
>>
>>91555877
Butterball was great. Kiden Nixon was also basically urban white trash.
>>
>>91555715
Thats just Carnage-Man
>>
>>91555715
While not asexual, we did have a Marvel based Rural Poor hero.

His name was Juston Seyfert, and a Hopeless idiot offed him just as interest was building in him again.
>>
>>91556326
Man Mettle was bad enough, I cannot imagine the levels of "fuck you readers" you have to have to off Juston. Juston and Sentinel were great and really earnest, that felt so shitty in AA.
>>
>>91555715

>a Confederate flag and a Renault in the same picture

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>91556130
>>91555715
The problem with this is the idea of doing it to counter some message still loses out to just actually making a decent comic.

You *could* write something decent with this if an agenda wasn't primarily in the driver's seat. So, give it a shot if you think you can do that.
>>
>>91556388
Oh I wasn't like "counter a message"
I just thought it would be cool to have a hero attempting to stop themselves from attacking a hero out of a sense of righteous anger they KNOW is misplaced.

>"Smite her, Betty-Sue. You must be the right hand of the Lord in this"
>"Sometimes y'all so backwards ah can hardly believe mahself"
>>
>>91555715
Man, just give me a young hero who doesn't act like a stereotypical middle class teenage/college age millenial.
>>
>>91555715
Introduce a redneck Thor
Start off with that scene from Thor with all the redneck trying to take Thor's hammer.
Focus on a guy with one leg (got blown up in Iraq) Gets black out drunk, and wakes up with Thor's hammer and two legs. Slowly work up to being a Hero. Battles meth labs, biker gangs, and Tornadoes.
>>
>>91556130
Why would she ? Barring some incidents like the completely insane initial massacre at Jerusalem, the Crusaders ruled the holy lands rather fair. Heck, wasn't there some mulsim story about some asshole trying to force a guy to pray in a different direction than his mecca and Templars intervening and apologizing for the "uncultured man" ?
>>
>>91556878
>Man, just give me a young hero who doesn't act like a stereotypical middle class teenage/college age millenial.
No. Every single hero must be a middle class teenage American social liberal from New York. Those are the only people who exist. The only diversity is in their skin tone.
>>
>>91555715
So essentially you want to make a degenerate hillbilly hero for the sole purpose of countering all those darkies in modern comics
>>
>>91555715
>skills and weapons of her ancestors

Losing wars and fucking your brother are not skills.
>>
>>91555715
>white/trailer trash" superhero
Animal Man?
>>
>>91557072
>fucking your brother
>not a skill
>>
>>91557072
>90% of African history
>>
>>91557099
>white/trailer trash
>living in the 'burbs
>>
>>91556147
You need to fuck off.
>>
>>91557047
>implying Cletus can be a hero
>ever
Haven you ever read a Captain America comic?
>>
>>91555715

That would be too cool for Marvel to indulge in.
>>
>>91557038
I actually kinda like this. Not like a full run and a new status quo but a short miniseries of him doing these things and having small flashbacks to the night on which he was at his lowest but picked up the hammer.
>>
>>91557124
>racebait out of nowhere
>>
>>91557277
The pitch is basically Robbie Reyes but white and country though.
>>
>>91557282
>But it's proven History tho?
>>
>anything bearing the confederate flag
Why don't we make a hero out of an Isis soldier while we're at it
>>
>>91557294
So Dukes of Hazzard but with ghost Rider?
>>
>>91557353
Something something Captain Britain...
>>
Rogue is as close as you'll get and they've tried to "class" her up a bit for a while now
>>
>>91557156
His name is Buddy, his son has a mullet, and his family is for all purposes very redneck. That's as far as you'll get.
>>
>>91557366
Well, his flag has the Union in its name already.
Ain't none of mah heroes flyan no traitor's banner!
>>
>>91556368
It's freebies lapping as americans
>>
>>91555715
>asexual "white/trailer trash"
they're breeding livestock, not snowflakes
>>
File: Bane Camp.png (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Bane Camp.png
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>91555715
>call upon the skills and weapons of her ancestors
Why are we assuming that her ancestor's skills and weapons are of any use? You'd guess the average trailer trash's ancestors were also poor so unless the crisis calls for cheap farmhands, factory workers and poverty, calling on her ancestors shouldn't really help too much.

Isnt it believing that every white person has some great noble bloodline filled with great people more or less the same as black people who believe "we were kings and shit"?
>>
File: 9d6.png (3MB, 1988x1202px) Image search: [Google]
9d6.png
3MB, 1988x1202px
>>91557170
Cletus was a hero during Axis and it was beautiful.
>>
>>91558746
>if I destroy it, it cannot harm
Definitely American.
>>
File: Innocent white males.jpg (27KB, 138x273px) Image search: [Google]
Innocent white males.jpg
27KB, 138x273px
ITT
>>
>>91558746
I love you Cletus
Carnage-Man was a true hero
>>
>>91558746
After reading the America comic this brings some joy back into my life.
>>
I was excited for about five minutes that Southern Bastards might actually deal with some of this.......NOPE
>>
>>91555748
Exactly! Everyone knows that there are no White superheroes
>>
File: swigetyswooty.jpg (7KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
swigetyswooty.jpg
7KB, 236x214px
>Magical Trailer Trash Girl
>>
>>91555715
>Comes from an ancient lineage of hunters.
>Family nowadays is broke because "hunting" isn't a thing that's valued by modern society, everyone gets meat from grocery stores.
>Still has the inborn power of being the world's greatest tracker.
>Has enhanced senses, reflexes, endurance.
>Instinctively knows how to use any weapon/improvise weapons.

Sounds like a cool idea.
>>
>>91559986
I just tell em what my daddy told me, with great nothing, comes amounting to nothing

https://youtu.be/ilIDkkD0jIg
>>
>>91557124
And European Royalty, gotta make them pure breds. Hell, that's probably royalty in general.
>>
>>91559986
>>91560000
Magical Bounty Hunter Girl?
>>
>>91555715
>How about we make an asexual "white/trailer trash" superhero ?

Marvel did this years ago with Cannonball. They tried to hype him so hard he even joined the Avengers.

But it didn't work because you can't expect to increase sales while pandering to people who can't read.
>>
>>91555715
> the weapons and skills of her ancestors, from soldiers to knights to hunters

this sounds really boring.
>>
>>91560165
>But it didn't work because you can't expect to increase sales while pandering to people who can't read.
I'm sure that was it, and not that no one outside of a specific subset of X-Men fans gives a flying fuck about the Guthries.

t. southerner who washes dishes and farms for a living and MUST HAVE had to dictate this message since I'm an illiterate fuck.
>>
There was a /co/ OC at one time named 'Rebel Son'. He was a pro wrestling fan who lived in a shack in the woods and waged a vigilante war against methamphetamine while wearing a rebel flag mask. Also he was depressed as fuck.
>>
>>91555715
>everybody has knights for ancestors
This meme is the original kangz.

Also, Haunted Tank already exists.
>>
Well, there's always Tabby Smith.
>>
>>91560451
>why didn't they pander harder with this already niche character appealing to a small demographic who got a huge marketing push
Are you black?
>>
>>91560451
Hey now, there are talk to text programs for you people too.
>>
>>91559983
Exactly. They keep getting replaced.
>>
File: 1476302058568.png (1MB, 2428x1222px) Image search: [Google]
1476302058568.png
1MB, 2428x1222px
This is Cecil. He was a tech guy from a trailer park in West Virginia, but he was killed by MODOK. Now he's a ghost who can possess computers to ghost hack them.
>>
>>91560644
Exactly. How can whites compete??
>>
>>91560501
Given the number of crusaders through the centuries, it's not an outrageous claim after this much time.
A full quarter of Europe can trace their lineage back to Charlemagne.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isxvXITTLLY
>>
>>91557353
literally kill yourself
>>
>>91557038
Lets just go crazy. Bring back the what if line. Have an earth red neck. For some unidentifiable reason the super hero gene/spark always seems to spark in trash/urban/poor areas of society across the globe.

Alternative orgin: US trucker got a hold of the infinity gauntlet in this universe and fucked up big time with nobody to correct it.
>>
File: chill out.png (661KB, 619x598px) Image search: [Google]
chill out.png
661KB, 619x598px
>>91558746
>>
>>91555715
>ic level. Isn't this basically what that fat blue collar kid from
Orphan Billy Batson?
>>
>>91556368
>And a Wyoming plate.
Wyoming, as we all know, was where most of the American Civil War took place.
>>
>>91560900
Butterball.

Billy was just poor.
>>
>>91555715
>has a Renault and a European license plate
Why do they have a confederate flag?
>>
File: tank_girl_cover.jpg (193KB, 660x673px) Image search: [Google]
tank_girl_cover.jpg
193KB, 660x673px
>>91559986
So, Tank Girl?
>>
File: 124.jpg (22KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
124.jpg
22KB, 480x479px
Sorry guys but none of your shitty ideas are going to be put in a comic
>>
>>91560621
I'm giving speech-to-text a few years before I give it another shot. My accent is ridiculous.

>>91560603
I know I'm supposed to be the illiterate one, so maybe it's just me, but what the fuck is your greentext even about? Is that what you thought my argument was? I'm a white college graduate that moved back home to take care of ailing family members and haven't been able/willing to leave since. I know this is groundbreaking, but I actually meant exactly what I expressed. There was no "super secret" innuendo going on there.

Cannonball will never rise above his status as a backup B-Lister. Where are you seeing "PANDER HARDER!" or "I'M BLACK!" in that statement?
>>
>>91561110
This
>>
>>91560799
>For some unidentifiable reason the super hero gene/spark always seems to spark in trash/urban/poor areas of society across the globe.
That would actually work really well for something with an early 2000's feel. You could make the powers caused by chemicals companies dumped in poor areas.
>>
>>91556814
>Die Moslem dog- cough, sorry Kamala. love what you done with your hair.
>>
>>91561066
The photographers are from the Netherlands, apparently.

>>91561167
Because your post didn't include any criticism of Cannonball as a character or why he failed beyond saying he was was another face in a larger, established property (as though having a built-in setting is somehow necessarily bad). So it doesn't sound like you thought he was handled poorly. Only that Marvel didn't shove him into more books. And when people start social media campaigns about how comic companies don't care about [x], or that [y] should be a specific minority, they always want a linewide revamp with their OC all over the place.

You didn't sound like someone who wants a well-written character, just a synthetic A-lister so you can feel appeased.
>>
>>91560652
>tfw Cecil and TTE can never get it on
>>
>>91561619
He'll be able to touch things again as long as he doesn't kill Gwen before she's able to do some magic stuff for him. And Gwen doesn't have to kill him again. And he doesn't stay trapped in the gem. Or get otherwise fucked up by the gem. Okay, it's pretty unlikely that anything will go as planned and he's probably going to end up in some sort of afterlife at the end of the arc.
>>
>>91557046
The Crusades were a complete clusterfuck. My favorite story that sums up the entire period is a cavalry engagement that occurred outside of a strategic Muslim city. The English were riding stallions because they were the best horse for the charge and the Turks were riding mares because they were stable mounts for horse archers. Now, the timing of the battle was a key decider of the outcome. Had they fought months earlier no doubt there'd have been blood on both sides. But on this occasion the battle was ended before fighting could begin due to mutual exasperation. For you see, the Turks mounts were very much in heat... and the stallions, had a different sort of charge in mind. So while the men were concerned with making war, their mounts were making love.
>>
>>91555715
Why is there a European Renault with multiple European license plates in the background?
>>
File: the_pro__2172.jpg (30KB, 335x517px) Image search: [Google]
the_pro__2172.jpg
30KB, 335x517px
White trash super hero was basically the plot of The Pro and I'd be down with more of that.

There should be a whole genre of simple people getting powers and doing petty shit with it. The most memorable episode of Dexter's lab to me for some reason is Mom shopping and having Matrix fights with some woman that wanted the last can of peanut butter.
>>
>>91557281
Did he drink with a blond haired Asguardian? Were bets made?
>>
>>91561110
thank god
>>
>>91560501
My great great... etc. was a duke. He was like the 5th son or something. They sent him off to the new world with some money. Most of my family are either mechanics or Millwrights.
>>
>>91561066
The same reason why Pennsylvania has an active neo-Confederate movement, I'd wager.
>>
File: Inbred+chav_7c6842_5578356[1].jpg (80KB, 601x600px) Image search: [Google]
Inbred+chav_7c6842_5578356[1].jpg
80KB, 601x600px
>>91555715
This thread is what I was waiting for, I have had this idea running through my head for some time.
World I present to you:
>ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT CAPTAIN CHAV
>Captain Britain finds himself powerless
>In the search to discover why his powers vanished Braddock meets someone with similar powers to the ones he had as Captain Britain
>and he is a fucking chav
>a foul-mouthed, hard drinking, authority disrespecting, propriety vandalizing, non-working chav
>Braddock informs this to MI-13/the British Government who pretty much flip their shit and drop their monocles realizing "Shit, this is the guy who is going to represent Britain to the superhero international community and the rest of the world"
>Braddock gets charged with training the new "Captain Britain" and discovering how he got his powers and the relationship with his lost ones
>easier said than done as Captain Chav has no idea how he got his powers and has absolute zero interest in being a superhero prefering to use his powers to impress slags and intimidate other chavs
>comic would follow the attempts of Brian Bradock to try not only teach Captain Chav how be a real superhero and use his powers to protect Britain from supermenaces, but also how to uphold the British's values and become a gentleman so he won't tarnish Britain's image
It would be kinda like Kingsman with superheroes.
>>
>>91562179
Or The Invisibles.
>>
>>91561585
>I'm hyper-sensitive about things that I don't like not being visably attacked in posts that I think people that don't do it are for it and are therefore black
>>
>>91558746
This entire mini was the best thing to come out of Axis.
>>
>>91560688
Crusaders barely count as knights unless your only criteria is they put a helmet on one time and had a sword, they might as well have been a back-alley nigger gang, they showed up, got some gear slapped on them, then the most of them did nothing other than rob, brutalize and kill other christians that were in their path.
>>
>>91561798
Exaggerated and apocryphal detail from the Siege of Nicaea IIRC. The Crusades were a complete clusterfuck but they were still a lot more interesting than that.
>>
>>91560165
I liked Sam before they started making all of the Guthries mutants with a dumbfuck retcon history.
>>
>>91561798
>Not mentioning the time a Crusade was fought against Greece to make enough money to fight ANOTHER Crusade to take the Holy Land.
>>
>>91557355
>Those Rider boys sure are in trouble now.

PRINT THAT MOTHER!
>>
>>91562179
Honestly, I'd be more interested in Captain Chav and Pete Wisdom dealing with each other, with Braddock along for the ride. They'd either get on really well or fucking hate each other.
>>
>>91562350
>against Greece
>Greece
>>
>>91555715
Why is "minority" in quotation marks?
>>
>>91562738
>Captain Chav and Faiza will never get into a fistfight over football
>>
>>91555715
Pandering to SJWs guarantees good sales for at least the first two issues.
>>
>>91562925
>Captain Chav and Faiza will never bond over singing obscene songs insulting the german and french soccer teams.
>>
File: 1489989917640_2.png (78KB, 1306x354px) Image search: [Google]
1489989917640_2.png
78KB, 1306x354px
>>
>it's another whites feel threatened thread when they have 99% of the characters in modern comics
>>
>>91563395
/pol/ = stormfag/wehraboo

nigger this post is completely irrelevant nowadays
>>
File: white male protaganists.png (287KB, 540x402px) Image search: [Google]
white male protaganists.png
287KB, 540x402px
>>91563429
Yeah, but Marvel published a comic with a black girl in it which means WHITES ARE ALL DOOMED
>>
>>91555715
Fuck off you but hurt child
>>
File: 113.png (279KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
113.png
279KB, 500x375px
>>91563451
At this point it feels more relevant than ever, the heroes have become the villains or where never the heroes the first place. The bad guys at this point, just look like idiots and everyone stuck in between has a giant headache.
>>
>>91555715
rednecks drive french cars?
>>
>>91560165

>See how they appeal to non-whites now
>>
>>91561090
She's a bogan not trailer trash
>>
File: 1487293355802742.png (241KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1487293355802742.png
241KB, 375x523px
>>91555715

Dead yourself
>>
File: whitelightnin1.jpg (30KB, 329x380px) Image search: [Google]
whitelightnin1.jpg
30KB, 329x380px
i knew this thread reminded me of someone
white lightnin dude builds a still out in the woods get struck by lighting and finds out he can channel electric but cannot hold a charge which is why he has that belt of battery's
>>
>>91563395
>Oh no things I don't like
>/pol/ must ave done this!
>I'll post that screencap again
>that will show them
>>
>>91564079
>Bellyaches and moans about the screencap
>does nothing to dispute the claim or screencap
>>
>>91563949
>2017
>Not playing mono blue air nomad deck
gg 2 ez
>>
>>91563609
>>91563429
Does making a comic with a white protagonist mean characters of other races can't exist?
Also does this existence of other characters with the same skin color as you guarantee that you can relate to them?
>>
>>91564242
What is there to dispute?
Somebody made a thread about a potential character that lives in a trailer park and you posted your passive aggressive "/pol/ pls go" screencap in response. because apparently the most remote possibility of something being tangentially connected to /pol/ makes yo flip your lid like a politically correct barneyfag.
>>
Fuck that. Do a new Snowflame instead. White, does loads of coke, gets superpowers because of it. I miss this asshole and I want someone of his ridiculous scale back in the game.
>>
>>91557355
Come to think of it Johnny Blaze was a carny, that's basically white trash.
>>
>>91555715
>"white/trailer trash" superhero

Literally Boom Boom.
>>
File: 1475956926393.png (199KB, 1800x1578px) Image search: [Google]
1475956926393.png
199KB, 1800x1578px
>>91563429
It's not about feeling threatened, it's about how most of these new characters/legacy characters are shitty no matter how nontraditional their racial/ethnic/religious/sexual/gender identity is. When they're straight/white/cis they have the chance to be a character, to talk about the things beyond identity, with non straight/white/cis the only story they can tell is always going to be about their non-whiteness in some way. The people writing the latter never want to move past that either.
>>
>>91564556
Lets be honest here you probably made this thread out of the same petty and and pathetic place as that post i made was. You made it out of some perseved uneviness in the comics industry. Probobly after the 12th or 15th America Chavez hate storytime you forced yourself through, and now you want to "even things out" just like the writers of those horrible sjw comics where.
>>
File: Acotilletta2--Boom.jpg (62KB, 406x321px) Image search: [Google]
Acotilletta2--Boom.jpg
62KB, 406x321px
>>91557377
>Excuse me?
>>
File: 1480269139136.jpg (23KB, 544x496px) Image search: [Google]
1480269139136.jpg
23KB, 544x496px
>>91564983
>hates left-wing race politics bieng pushed in comics.
>so wants to make a charecter that pushes right-wing race politics in its comic
>somehow thinks it fixes anything.
>>
>>91565012
>Lets be honest here you probably made this thread
I didn't make the thread I'm jst sick of everybody labeling everyting they don't like as /pol/
>>
>>91555715

That sounds dumb and you're retreating to European tropes which is dumb as shit when you say you want an American hero
>>
File: 1471828339451.gif (2MB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
1471828339451.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>>91565144
Did you quote my post by accident? What does anything you said have to do with what I said?
>>
File: steiner.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
steiner.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
WHITE TRASH AND REDNECKS
>>
>>91563937
Same difference.
>>
I'm not into comics.
Has there ever been a comic hero who got super heroes who was a pasty white nerd _whose physique didn't change after receiving powers?_
>>
>>91565411
One fucks their sisters the other plays goon of fortune
>>
How about
>Muslim character
>Actually acts like a Muslim character rather than being a reskinned white person
>Hates gays and jews
>Wont partner with woman since it's against his religion
>Is still a super hero and fights crime but the rest of the heroes just have to accept who he is since he still stops crime and they need to work with him
>>
>>91564503
>Does making a comic with a white protagonist mean characters of other races can't exist

of course they can exist, but normally they'll get little to no focus at all. basically background characters

>Also does this existence of other characters with the same skin color as you guarantee that you can relate to them?

its guarantees the people with the same skin color would identify quicker to that person than a person without that skin color. then their personality
>>
>>91565632
That would actually be kind of interesting. Are there other religious fundamentalist superheroes? I know there are plenty who are religious but I'm talking about people who follow their book to the letter.
>>
>>91565470
Billiy De Witt from Bucky O'Hare.
Doug from New Mutants
Gear from Static Shock.
I'd count Ex Machina.

>>91565632
Hell, just the concept that a person can be an intolerant asshole bigot, and still try their best to do good in the world. And that doing good in the world doesn't magicall correct any other personality issues would be a nice change.
>>
>>91561110
Yeah, instead it's going to be someone elses shitty ideas. At least /co/'s seem fun.
>>
>>91563429
>>91563609
>99%
Fuck off tumblr. There are so many black super heroes it's crazy. But for some reason you get almost no mexican superheroes or white trash superheroes.
>>
>>91565315
First things first this thread is abvious /pol/bait, even if that wasn't the intention it will abviously bring that annoying and unsavory crowd around.
And lets be honest bringing this idea to /co/ will just end up makeing another one trick pony waifu.
>>
>>91565703
Wise Son from Milestone was a fairly strict black Muslim.
>>
>>91565753
I want this.
For Example Wally was the best Teen Titans Character.
>>
File: 1463266347561.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463266347561.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>91565810
Everything seems like /pol/bait when /co/ is saturated with tumblr users. You're full of shit, recuse yourself.
>>
>>91565851
Fucking see when dumpsters like this come and start shitting things up it wont be long till OPs supposed character is one more bland Neo-Nazi waif.
>>
>>91566038
No, anon, you are the dumpster.
>>
>>91565810
>First things first this thread is abvious /pol/bait
Is it really?
It's a pretty common complaint and I genuinely cannot think of many white trash superheroes is it really so hard to imagine this thread came from a genuine place?
>it will abviously bring that annoying and unsavory crowd around.
Are you speaking about yourself?
>>
>>91566068
No u
See i can do it too
Now be good this is you last (you)
>>
>>91565803
my bad 90%
>>
>>91566116
>>91566068
And then anon was a shitter.
>>
File: 1489084766571.jpg (5KB, 250x227px) Image search: [Google]
1489084766571.jpg
5KB, 250x227px
>>91555715
>whites
>poor

that breaks the narrative
>>
>>91566269
No, see, they're all racist and not liberal enough too and that's why they're poor, the narrative has contingencies for this.
>>
>>91560000
this is actually good

her allies and enemies should also the champions of obsolete professions
>>
>>91566099
Im not saying this thread can't come from a genuine place all im saying is that we should just cut the bullshit and own up to the fact that this idea will eventually get coopted by /pol/itical intrests that will pervert and undercut the original perpose (which i still think is stupid btw)
>>
>>91562225
The Invisibles is a great series, but they'd all be fucking evil monsters who don't belong in this world in the main capeshit universe.

Like Dr. Manhattan, really.
>>
>>91566118
The race they are is espoused as evil simply for being in the context of its own comic, making the number of them a moot point when you constantly need to remind the reader that, "whites and straights are evil and need to be hedged."
>>
>>91566311
Like a steel worker?

>>91566349
Keep moving those goalposts kiddo.
>>
>>91560142
>a teenage alcoholic Emma Swan, complete with a kid she gave up for adoption
>>
>>91566305
Right, they just keep voting against their self interest. Once they realize that trannies in bathrooms is the key to a functioning (socialist) economy they'd be hyper-privileged.
>>
>>91566118
Try again tumblr fuck
>>
>>91566349
Any thread can be co opted by anyone, who decided you should be gatekeeper?
>>
>>91556130
This is just Dial H For Hero but less inspired, more "realistic", and designed exclusively for memeposting.
>>
>>91564079
Oh look it got posted in another thread for no reason too
>>91563871
>>
>>91560000
>Taskmaster but doesn't need to practice or watch a style to mimic it, and is also a loser
Make them a quirky nerd and you've got a job!
>>
>>91567373
It already feels like every other teen hero is a nerd or at least has a deadpool cosplayer-level dialogue. At least make them some old fashioned nerd or hey, an apprentice mechanic fixing up an old car for themselves.
>>
>>91567650
I am surprised no one created an weaboo superhero yet.
>>
>>91567725
I'm sure Kamala Khan is a weeaboo.
>>
>>91555715
There are enough white people in comics.
>>
>>91560000

Anon, that's just trailer trash laura croft/Hawkeye. It's interesting, but the 'instinctive knowledge' of every weapon is a bit much. This isn't assassin's creed, no-one in the 1950s had a railgun for instance.

Also

>Family nowadays is broke because "hunting" isn't a thing that's valued by modern society, everyone gets meat from grocery stores.

What's this bullshit? Considering the 'hunter' archetype is overwhelmingly evident in both main comic companies, if no-one in the entire family put their heads together and pointed out they could by anything from park rangers to assassins, they're Sonic Boom Knuckles levels of stupid.
>>
>>91568139
It's not like there's a cap on the number of whatever type of race is in comics, or that there needs to be an equal amount.
>>
>>91563949
Adding RG to your pool during the declare blockers step does little because it empties out of your pool as phases end. It needs text saying it doesn't empty out as phases end.
>pushes glasses up
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (486KB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
486KB, 1280x1968px
>>91560000
>>91568146
This is the first thing that came to my mind when reading that idea.
>>
>>91555715
Because white trash is trash for a reason.
>>
>>91557401
Buddy is as liberal as you can get without being Green Arrow. Maybe more so. He's an animal rights activist.
>>
>>91566583
>economy based on trannies in bathrooms

Sign me up, /co/mrade.
>>
dude so many heros are from poor white backgrounds its not even a real character trait anymore
>>
>>91556130

10/10 would kek again

honestly, depending on how this was done though, it could be pretty good. Maybe don't have the "ancestor" be quite like that to start with, but then through a misunderstanding of Kamala's actions, suddenly get a flashback or something to when they witnessed a Muslim do something similar which ended with violently, and go all Deus Vult to try and prevent it. Then you get this awesome fight that ends with everyone realizing that no one was truly in the wrong, both characters had the best intentions, but that hot tempers and ancestral grudges aren't always good reasons to fight.
>>
poor white people don't matter to liberals
>>
How about we ditch humans and all their stupid racial and political baggage altogether? More animals, aliens, monsters, demons, robots and stuff.
>>
>>91569356
Not just poor. Trashy poor.

Who's DC's best, most famous hero who also comes from a People of Walmart family?
>>
>>91557038
I would read this
>>
>>91569508
Hope you're not implying they matter to conservatives either.
>>
>>91569533
Roy Harper?
>>
>>91557066

I don't think it's "Countering" so much as it is...change of pace and maybe even have a bit of fun at their expense.

not to go all /pol/ but...while the "diversity" in comics doesn't have to be a bad thing, it all to often does come across as the "diverse" heroes are the only truly good ones and are everything right with the world, while anything resembling a white/straight/etc is...something bad, bigoted, racist, or just needs to step aside so the "real" heroes can come in and have the spot light.
>>
>>91569533
ok ill admit i dont have examples but i am sure that there have been at least a handful of heroes from a white trash background

though trailer trash is a different kind entirely, dunno about that
>>
>>91569553
at least conservatives try to pander to them, liberals just outright say they don't exist
>>
>>91555715
wasn'tthat one of the runaways?
>>
File: arsenalnew52[1].jpg (1MB, 908x1351px) Image search: [Google]
arsenalnew52[1].jpg
1MB, 908x1351px
>>91569557
You know, I never put 2 and 2 together, when I saw trucker hat Roy, and it SHOULD have looked completely wrong, but it sort of worked.

>Grew up in single parent household.
>Grew up on an indian reservation
>Trashy tatoos
>Former IV drug user
>Single parent with crazy ass baby mama.
>Was a homeless drug addict for a while
>Owns so many guns that he calls himself Arsenal for a while.

>-adopted by a super rich dude.

Yeah, I think he wins this one. He's a truck and a double wide away from being the king of the trailer park.

>>91569649
Rather trailer trash is a subset of trashy poor. Precision in our demographic insults!
>>
>>91558664

Actually, that's not entirely true.

most "white trash" people in the south and midwest come from Scottish, Irish, Scandinavian, and other countries like that, where there is a well known tradition of warriors.

On top of that "white trash" areas were some of the last to be "civilized" and remained pretty wild. Even fifty years ago most folks still hunted and trapped to help feed themselves. Back a few hundred years ago, we're talking about people who could live off the land Dual Survival style, fight bears, and make everything by hand.

We're talking a skill set that ranges from skilled melee fighters to Davy Crockett levels of tracking and sharpshooting, not to mention all manner of crafting.
>>
>>91557038
Holy fuck! Make this happen!
>>
>>91555715
Alright, but don't get mad when she ends up with a black guy anyway

who's also conservative
>>
>>91569673
Like Marvel panders to tumblr scum and DC mostly ignores them?
>>
>>91565810

>in an age of "diversity" wondering what it would be like if a long maligned and ignored group of people had representation is automatically /pol/ because of the race of that group.

talk about being the very thing you complain about. You do know that vilifying something because of the race involved is being exactly as racist as you claim the proponents of an idea must be in order to even posit the idea, right?
>>
>>91555715
Dumb /pol/tard. Sage.
>>
>>91569965
>Marvel panders to tumblr
>falling for Ike's lies
>>
File: 1492211723325.jpg (66KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
1492211723325.jpg
66KB, 456x386px
>>91568139

found the racist!
>>
>>91570096
You have been living in a cave again?
>>
>>91569762
>Owns guns
>uses Arrows
Explain
>>
>>91569762
Is it wrong that I don't much care for Green Arrow but love Roy?
Does Roy show up in rebirth at all?
>>
File: 1465933964549.png (34KB, 866x575px) Image search: [Google]
1465933964549.png
34KB, 866x575px
>>91557282
>calling southern whites inbreds isn't racist
Good ol' progressive tolerance.
>>
File: arsenalcomics2[1].jpg (2MB, 1178x1768px) Image search: [Google]
arsenalcomics2[1].jpg
2MB, 1178x1768px
>>91570282
I'm betting it was the 90's, when they went with EXTREME GUNS EVERYWHERE.

>>91570297
They're very different characters. Green arrow, we've seen since robin hood. Arsenal is heroic, but also a trashy fuckup.
>>
>>91557038
this sounds pretty cool desu
>>
File: arsenal4[1].jpg (77KB, 350x501px) Image search: [Google]
arsenal4[1].jpg
77KB, 350x501px
>>91570451
Few characters, at least in the big 2 fuck themselves up as hard as him.
>>
>>91555715
We've had trailer park heroes before. Hell, isn't the ghost guy from Gwenpool white trash?

I know at least a few of the X-Men are pretty redneck in terms of origin, too.

Anyway, it's a fine enough origin, but if you approach it in a confrontational "take that SJWs!" manner, it'll be just as bad as any of the recent blackenings of established heroes. It's probably a good idea to ease up on the Confederate flag, too, since that thing is pretty much a villain flag.
>>
>>91570358
While this image has a point to some extent, there's no real reason to be tolerant of intolerance.

If you're going to be rayciss as fuck, you shouldn't expect other people to just accept that and not let it inform their opinions of you. Nowhere near all, not even the majority, of rednecks are racists, but a person isn't intolerant if they're condemning actual racism. I can't help but notice that this image doesn't have the strawman liberal condemn anything EXCEPT racism, which kinda implies that it's bad to do so.

Which is dumb. Kinda reminds me of the classic "all I wanted to do was kill all the Jews, looks like you have a lot of growing up to do" image.
>>
>>91569553
Conservatives mostly ignore them or try-and-fail to pander to them.
Liberals talk in genocidal vermin-terms about them and laugh about their suicide and birth rates.
>>
>>91571239
>there's no real reason to be tolerant of intolerance.
Sure there is. Recognizing that different cultural value systems have different points of tolerance and flexibility on core values is an absolute requirement for any true tolerance that includes deeply different value systems.

it's of course not the only way to go. There's nothing wrong with being a zealot for a nominally multicultural monoculture, that only tolerates superficial differences.

>>91557038
I imagine him as sort of a trailer park equivalent of American Eagle.
>>
>>91571239
>there's no real reason to be tolerant of intolerance
Islamophobe
>>
>>91571092
I thought the ghost guy was Hispanic
>>
>>91571092
>this post

kys yankee
>>
File: 1460865094138.png (26KB, 577x554px) Image search: [Google]
1460865094138.png
26KB, 577x554px
>>91571239
That image is saying that liberals whine about racism while being bigoted towards southerners but being so fucking dumb they think it's okay because it's not specifically defined as racism.
>>
>>91572602
Fucking traitor-spawn having the gall to say anything. Sherman never should have stopped burning you all.
>>
>>91555715
Southern Gothic has been around for a long time, just not in capeshit.
>>
>>91569043
That was better than it had any right to be
>>
>>91571239
>While this image has a point to some extent, there's no real reason to be tolerant of intolerance.
Who said they were intolerant?
Why do you assume they must be intolerant because of their race and social status?
Also "being intolerant of intolerance" means you are intolerant, you don't have to like a person if they are a dick but to say that you are intolerant of them implies that you are actively tying to harm them or something.
>>
>>91567725
Does Iron Fist count?
>>
>>91573466
I was expecting it to be absolutely train wreck terrible.

>>91574234
Technically he's an egg.

He also counts as a sinoboo.

Iron Fist at an anime convention sounds like a hilarious setup though.
>>
>>91557038
>Squidbillies meet Super Mansion
Sign me up
>>
>>91565815
Not much of a good muslim, though. He drank a 40 at the funeral of Tech Nine when it was his turn to pour one out for him. Some of the concepts of Blood Syndicate would be seen as pretty cringeworthy and pandering these days.
>>
>>91580627
He's Nation of Islam by religion, but he's ghetto down to his soul.
>>
>>91574354
>Iron Fist at an anime convention sounds like a hilarious setup though.

>Misty, I don't know who this Rock Lee character is, please stop comparing me to him
>Luke, why are you in an orange gi and wearing a blonde wig? Please stop posing dramatically at the fat guy painted pink, everyone is staring and taking pictures
>Colleen, I'm trying not to judge you for spending several hundred dollars on gay porno comics, but, yeah, I'm judging you
>>
>>91583009

>Oh and what about your glowing fist?
>I don't blast my ki. That would be riddiculous. I just force my ki there and make it a thing like iron.
>>
>>91555715

"white/trailer trash" superhero

So what about

Gambit
Rogue
>>
>>91568953
You could still cast an instant though. Not many but still.
>>
>>91555715
>"white/trailer trash"
>asexual

is this your shitty self-insert fan-fiction?
>>
>>91570358
>>91571239

At the end of the day, the simple truth is that everyone is looking for a reason to hate or at least feel superior to others. Doesn't matter if it's the alt right hating Jews, progressives hating on rednecks, or pretty much everyone hating on the Nazis. We gotta hate somebody. Sure, it can be totally justified like in the case with the latter... doesn't mean it really means it's okay to feel good about slaughtering thousands in WWII themed movies and video games, though. People are people, no matter what they believe.
>>
>>91555715
>How about we make an asexual "white/trailer trash" superhero ? Coming from a poor background and a humble trailer park in the south of US, she is gifted with magical powers that allow her to call upon the skills and weapons of her ancestors

You just described Smasher
>>
>>91557046

You're talking about a series of cross-continental military campaigns spanning hundreds of years. If you look, you can find examples of any behaviour you want by any side you want.
>>
>>91562350
The most annoying part is all blame is thrown onto the Venetians and the Franks got off scott free. Fourth Crusade would've never happened if the Franks hadn't insisted to the Venetians to shut down their economy for a year in order to build ships and train seaman on the promise of a great army that never materialized which meant Venice had to recoup the cost or else they'd be fucked. Even going to Constantinople was because of that retard Alexios making promises he couldn't (and didn't intend to) keep. And ignoring all of that, Dandolo made sure the Venetians weren't the one sacking everything when shit went down.

Yet the Venetians are the bad guys.
>>
>>91556130
Alternatively, editorial pushes her to have an unknown black ansestor. Because marvel...
>>
>>91590442
That's fair, but can we just not do the meme version of a Crusader ?
>>
>>91591799
No because that's shit and it doesn't feature mai waifu Anna Komnene. The meme version of the Crusades is less than dogshit compared to the reality.
>>
>>91592174
>The meme version of the Crusades is less than dogshit compared to the reality.
That's so stupid I have no words. Here's your (you). Now please stop posting, I will ignore your replies anyway.
>>
>>91567725
Wolverine
>>
>>91571092
There's Risk from the Jurgens era Teen Titans who was a white trash, trailer park living thrill seeker. Then Johns did the Superboy Prime slaughtering the Titans scene and he became a morbid joke since for the vast majority of people reading their first exposure to him was getting his arm ripped off.
>>
>>91571239
>While this image has a point to some extent, there's no real reason to be tolerant of intolerance.
Okay but why do so many liberals/lefties excuse Islam?

Current social media progressivism is born less out of a genuine desire to help and more out of a "fuck you dad" mentality towards the United States and George W. Bush presidency.
>>
For the past few years on this board, it's like the more the /co/mbler element takes root, the more sensitive and hounded the native /co/ element gets.
>>
>>91556878
Nobody likes then in real life, why would anyone buy a comic with them

the audience doesn't even like to read
>>
>>91556362
Seriously, does Hopeless have an axe to grind against Avengers Academy or Gage?
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.