[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do so many people want Spider-Man to be black? https://

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 14

why do so many people want Spider-Man to be black?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxjC4CNG3_c
>>
>>91536949
Apparently people think black people can't relate to characters unless they are black.
>>
>>91537008
but Logic is white
>>
>>91536949
Because it makes them look good. The black community didn't really give a shit about Miles for like 3 years because they thought he was gay.
>>
>>91537017
wtf I hate Logic now!
>>
I remember reading an article somewhere by a black author basically saying that Peter was the original black hero
Poor
Lives with his aunt
people hate him for no reason
His lifestyle was more relatable to black kids than miles was
As a black brit I agree
>>
>>91537081
bullshit, anon.
most black dudes stay in the closet for decades before coming out. 3 years aint shit especially with how gay his roommates are.
Miles might as well be a Menage A 3 MC
>>
>>91536949
I regret having sat through two-and-a-half minutes of that crap just to hear "Spider-Man should be black".
>>
>>91536949

He is black though
>>
>>91537133
If Peter was black they would all complain for the same reasons you listed.
>>
>>91536949
because while people love to hate on white privilege, the honest truth is that there is also black privilege, and its more annoying because "muh oppression" instead of admitting they suck at getting their shit together.
>>
>>91537133
>people hate him for no reason
Peter was a bit of a cunt.
>>
>>91537017
That's why he has to pander ten times as hard.
>>
>>91536949

I really don't give a shit about Spider-Man's ethnicity. I just think it's time Peter Parker kicked back, hero'd down, and ran Parker Industries more pro-actively. Someone else can be Spider-Man now; the legend can carry on through others.

Plus, wouldn't it be a cool plot point if old man Parker became an antagonist to a new Spider-Man? Or maybe that's just me.
>>
>>91537268
Shut up, Jonah
>>
File: black spider man.jpg (128KB, 986x1014px) Image search: [Google]
black spider man.jpg
128KB, 986x1014px
>>91537199

True dat.
>>
>>91537133
this is pathetic that so many black people see themselves this way the government really fucked the black community
>>
>>91537133
No white people have every lived with these circumstances, it's true.
>>
>>91537482
This is why I want to move to Canada.
America eats its own kind.
>>
File: AND IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
AND IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>91537518
Forgot my pic.

>>91537531
Always has. America was a business before it became a nation.
>>
>>91537558
Wouldn't the world be better off if America was nuked off the face of the earth?
>>
>>91537577
Go away Kim.
>>
>>91537605
I hate Korea, but I really fucking hate America.
I'm heading to Vancouver the first chance I get.
>>
>>91537558

>now fucking pay me
>*bao dao dao dao* the best things in life are free
>>
>>91537518
Never said that they didn't, Peter isn't relatable to just one race y'know.
>>
>>91537577
No. If every country or human settlement that was corrupt was nuked off the earth then humanity would have gone extinct years ago. There's no such thing as a nation without blood on its hands and money clench in its fist.

Besides that, it's my home. The United States isn't just the corrupt CEOs and ineffectual politicians. It's the back alley where I used to play barefoot as a child and the uneven pavement where I cut my chin open after I fell off my bike. It's the house I live in with my family and the houses I visit when I spend time with my friends. It's the parades and the charities organized at the grassroots that change lives for the better and the communities that find a reason to exist together when they have every reason not to.

A nation is not just the government, a nation is the people.
>>
>>91537702
>There's no such thing as a nation without blood on its hands and money clench in its fist.
>What is Canada?
>What is Sweden?
>What is most of Europe?
>>
>>91537754
>
>>
>>91537754
>What is most of Europe?
War isn't an American invention.
>>
>>91537754
If you really believe that you've been misinformed or are in denial in the extreme. Settlers in Canada butchered the native population, most of Europe has been fighting in wars with each other since ancient history, and Sweden was the home of bloodthirsty vikings who raped and pillaged, and now it's the home of cucks.
>>
this is such a fucking jam.
>>
>>91537822
No, we just refined it.
We're the biggest monsters right now.
>>
File: 1467477908192.jpg (621KB, 1032x1438px) Image search: [Google]
1467477908192.jpg
621KB, 1032x1438px
>>91537754
>What is most of Europe
The homeland of both world wars?
>>
>>91537922
I hate that bald eagles are the thing of america, they're shit tier birds. But at the same time I guess a bird that constantly steals from others and kills itself all the time through exceptional stupidity is fitting by this point.
>>
>>91538025
>But at the same time I guess a bird that constantly steals from others and kills itself all the time through exceptional stupidity is fitting by this point.
>by this point
Bush was a thing anon.
>>
>>91537017
He's mixed but to be fair.....he looks full on white
>>
>>91537913
At war, yeah we are probably the best of the worst. Don't think that war is the only sin a nation is capable of, and don't think that there aren't other nations that are the best of the worst at those either. China is almost certainly worse than America in pollution and human rights violations, but in the latter case there are so many nations that abuse people far worse than America does or has.

Mind you, I'm not saying that America not being the absolute worse is a hand wave for the substantial problems it does have, but it's certainly not reason to nuke it off the earth.
>>
>>91538025
>constantly steals from others and kills itself all the time through exceptional stupidity
Wait, are you talking about the bald eagle or pretty much every other animal ever?
Because that describes pretty much every other animal ever.
>>
>>91538080
Then we should nuke it off for it's other sins.
>Obesity
>Racism
>Celebrity worship
China is like paradise compared to the US.
>>
>>91538123
Want to know how I know that you know nothing of China?
>>
>>91537859
That was the past; those countries got over their issues long ago.
America is basically a third world country at this point.
>>
>>91538123
We've fallen out of first place with the first one, I think, though it is pretty disgusting. As for the other two I have to reiterate my point that America is not the only or the worst perpetrators of those crimes. If anything they're fundamental failings of human civilization.

Bare in mind that if you nuke America for its sinners then you're also killing the saints.
>>
>>91537702
100% agree.
You don't love your country because you think it's perfect, you love it because you want it to be better.
>>
>>91538180
In some places, sure. Wealth disparity is pretty terrible here, but those countries haven't resolved all their issues like you seem to think they have. You're glossing over the problems that all nations have because of your hatred of America, and I think that if you did go to those places you would quickly become equally dissatisfied.
>>
>>91538180
Name 1 (one) country better than America.

Protip: You LITERALLY can't.
>>
>>91536949
Isn't he a latino (Puerto Rican to be precise)?
>>
>>91537754
I mean Canada has a pretty big problem with being super racist to the natives. I mean the cops don't shoot them, they just take their jacket drive them a few miles out side of town in the middle of winter and tell them to walk back.
>>
>>91538201
>You don't love your country because you think it's perfect, you love it because you want it to be better.
Do Americans say this to make themselves feel better?
Because Canada has it made.
>>
>>91538314
Afro Hispanic
Black dad, Hispanic mom.
>>
>>91537312
thats what marvel was missing, brown characters to take up the mantle of older characters so they can retire the old ones to the background or make them villain, you should write for marvel
>>
>>91538340
I agree that Canada is a great neighbor to have which is another reason why I'm pissed that Trump is president; I don't want to sour our relations with Canada or Mexico even more.

On the other hand there has been plenty of racism in Canada with regards to the local population and they've dipped their hands in their share of war as well.
>>
>>91538340
>Because Canada has it made.
Yeah, you can smoke all the pot you want and stay home and fuck the dog.
>>
>>91538314
one drop rule, I know bitches with who had grandpas who were half black and they cling to that like crazy and always refer to themselves as being black I think it's mostly an excuse to say nigga
>>
>>91536949
Why make him white? There are hundreds of reinturputatins of the character. What does making one black/asian/etc matter?
>>
File: moon knight.jpg (237KB, 900x635px) Image search: [Google]
moon knight.jpg
237KB, 900x635px
>>91536949
because they either don't believe they can make a new character popular or they just aren't creative enough to try in the first place.
>>
>>91537754
>>What is Sweden?

A country on the verge of becoming third world within the decade due to open borders.
>>
>>91537312
>old man Parker became an antagonist to a new Spider-Man?
Slott go home and get off 4chan
>>
>>91538340
The Canadian dollar is worthless, the prime minister knows less about politics than Trump, and the military is non existent.
>>
>>91537312
"Spider-Man" should not be a legacy title. It is solely based on circumstances of the situation that Peter found himself in.
>>
>>91537334
Buthe was anon, he was almost school shooter tier
>>
>>91538743
That is a huge exaggeration made all the worse by those issues of Spider-Gwen.
>>
>>91538097
Bald eagles fry themselves and brain themselves almost a notably higher amount than a lot of others.
>>
>>91537345

Best Spider-burn ever written, and it's in a She-Hulk comic.
>>
>>91537312
just you, plus you turn him into every other current super hero that is doing this.
>>
>>91538123
>>Obesity
>>Racism
>>Celebrity worship
Those things are even worse on china, what are you talking about?
>>
>>91536949
The mask make that nobody know what race is, he could be whatever and that's why back them the black comunity identified spiderman as their hero, I read that somewhere
>>
>>91538724
While I agree with you, I am somewhat okay with Miles because I'm okay with alternate universe versions because, in their own universe, they -are- Spider-Man.

Something in the same vein as this though, is Laura Kinney being Wolverine.
Mutant names usually aren't superhero names, they're their names as a part of a different identity, a mutant identity like drag queens having their own names for when they do their shit which is something some writers seem to have forgotten.
>>
>>91537133
by that Logic shouldn't Superman be the 1st black superhero since he had dead parents, was shipped from his home and was forced to work on a farm?
>>
>>91537754
>What is the whole damned human race
>>
>>91538520
the thing about Canada is their immigration policy is actually way more strict than America's you just don't hear about it because compared to America nobody moves there.
>>
>>91539815
No, Superman was jewish as fuck.
>>
wait why are people saying peter is white now? he's jewish
>>
>>91538123
>China is like paradise compared to the US.
We are talking about the same nation that uses screens to show their citizens a sunset because the toxic fumes make it impossible to see the sun.
>>
>>91539967
Jewish people are white, Franz.
>>
File: run.jpg (39KB, 625x390px) Image search: [Google]
run.jpg
39KB, 625x390px
>>91540069
What's that rumbling sound? Do you hear it?

...OH SHIT HERE COMES /POL/
>>
>>91540069

Only when it suits them
>>
>>91539723
Haha I was actually going to clarify that Miles in 616 is dumb, but decided to opt it out. I didn't mind him in 1616.
>>
File: a confused miles.jpg (26KB, 132x119px) Image search: [Google]
a confused miles.jpg
26KB, 132x119px
Honestly, the biggest problem I have with Miles is that it's been 5 years and he isn't yet in the level of U. Peter.

U. Peter had a rogue gallery and a bunch of stories and cast members at that point. Miles has a couple of storylines that always get interrupted and then forgotten because he gets involved in an event. Everytime Miles has something cool going for him and I want to find out how the story moves foward, there it comes the choo choo train of bad editorial decisions.

The worst thing Marvel has done this decade is to put their newbie heroes in big team ups, ruining their changes to grow by themselves. Same problem with Kamala.
>>
>>91540291
I did get that feeling from your post, actually.

I liked him in 1616 too, he felt like a part of the universe, a universe that did have quite a few strange, for lack of a better term, replacements, like Jimmy Hudson.
Miles doesn't feel like he belongs in 616 because he really doesn't belong.
There's no good reason he needed to be in 616 and there's no good reason the Ultimate Universe had to die for it.
>>
>>91540405
>There's no good reason he needed to be in 616
Not even in-story.

Since 1616 had so few superheroes compared to 616, and Peter just died, a Spider-man was needed. The reason he became Spider-man was the guilt of not doing his job as a superhero and blaming himself for Peter's death. More so when Spider-woman guilts trip him into returing to the job.
>>
>>91540382
To be fair, how many of those rogues and stories were inspired by 616?
>>
WE!
WUZ!
SPIDAZ N' SHIT!
>>
I don't get why anyone would want that when Static exists.
>>
>>91540465
Most of them, but they had their own spin on them, just like everything else in 1616.
>>
>>91540465
All of them, but that's not the point. Bendis could have used the ones he hasn't yet. He was sort of doing it with Uncle Snoop and The new Scorpion, but he killed one and didn't use the other one ever again.

Miles has no enemies, he barely has a cast that isn't his parents (and killing one of them was such a mistake in the Ultimate Universe). Bendis never used Judge, and Katie didn't last more than 3 issues.

Peter had romantic interests, a bunch of foes and some good adventures at that point.

Miles has a bunch of boring events that don't affect his life and contradictory continuity all over the place, like the way he got the webshooters.
>>
>>91540572
>>91540585
Keeping that in mind, I'd say it's a little harder to come up with new original villains than it is to reimagine old ones (not that the attempt should not be made, I'm just playing devil's advocate). I agree with the rest of what you say.

How did he get the webshooters?
>>
I'd be more interested in reading Miles if he had a unique name like 'Black Tarantula' or something.
I don't want a straight ripoff Spidey.
>>
>>91539967
Peter was raised Christian.
>>
>>91540670
>How did he get the webshooters?
I'll let another anon fill this is, but does anyone know what story they used to give 616 Miles his webshooters?
The original just doesn't work.
>>
>>91540670
Spider-girl had an entire interesting rogues gallery with cool legacy heroes that were also new or semi new.

Bendis can't make one because he's not creative and only does it to inflate his ego.
>>
>>91540709
What if Peter's parents were Jewish but Aunt May and Uncle Ben were Christian?
>>
>>91538724
except Mayday makes sense as Spider-Girl
>>
File: 1468216900077.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
1468216900077.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>91540723
That's a fair point.
>>
Spiderman is cool but for some reason I've never liked Peter Parker.
>>
>>91537334
>Yelled at a guy for getting shot.
>Broke into the Baxter Building because he though the Fantastic Four had money.
>Known for annoying and belittling criminals to the point where it becomes their goal to get him to shut up.

Pete's a dick.
>>
>>91540776
Forgot that this one says NICE MEME but I was serious when I said it's a fair point.
>>
>>91536949
Because normies don't know about static shock
>>
>>91537312
Fuck no. That sounds terrible and goes against the purpose of the character. Spider-Man should /never/ be a legacy title.
>>
File: 1489705184337.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1489705184337.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>91540670
>How did he get the webshooters?
A timeline:
In Ultimate Comics Spider-man number whatever. Let's say the November issue: May and Gwen find out who Miles is, get his number somehow and ask him to reunite with them
Meanwhile in November issue of Spider-men: Miles was hanging around Ultimate Peter's House with 616 Peter. Miles knew May and Gwen, like this whole event takes place after the current UCSM arc. Miles is shown playing with the webshooters as it is the first time he sees them
Meanwhile in December issue of UCSM: Miles reunites with May and Gwen, who give him the webshooters. Miles is suprised because it's the first time he sees them.
>>
>>91540827

>black people can have the leftover B heroes!

why are people bitching that a superhero from New York City is black again?
>>
File: 15982204.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
15982204.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>91540780
But Peter Parker is the entire point of the character. There's literally nothing to like about Spider-Man without Peter besides the quips, which are a dime a dozen these days.
>>
>>91540585
The biggest culprit for Miles' stagnation is:

A: Bendis was only good at adapting and putting his own spin on classic stories. He's pretty much helpless when he has to come up with things on his own, so he falls back on his old storylines (Miles' mom walking out on him after learning his secret instead of his dad), and focuses on interpersonal relationships between the supporting cast rather than any meaningful plot development.

B. As you said, event comics keep derailing his development.

C. Bendis refuses to directly address the most interesting Miles: that he survived the death of his entire universe, and now lives in a similar one with his resurrected mother. It's a situation that holds plenty of story potential, but Bendis doesn't want to do it because...well your guess is as good as mine.
>>
>>91540944
>A: Bendis was only good at adapting and putting his own spin on classic stories. He's pretty much helpless when he has to come up with things on his own
I disagree because while he seems to repeat storylines right now, when Miles is doing his own shit, like the last storyline of USM before they had to pull the plug and kill it, he IS interesting. Before Civil War 2 happened I was kinda invested in his book. Everytime I get invested in the book an event cockblocks me.

It's not that Bendis can't write Miles in an interesting way, it's that he fucking doesn't because he's such a bottom bitch to the editorial.
>>
File: 1491081022753.jpg (87KB, 500x757px) Image search: [Google]
1491081022753.jpg
87KB, 500x757px
>>91537268
>a bit
Peter was an anti social dick that bullies his villeins And the Sass that comes out of his mouth
>>
>>91540944
>C. Bendis refuses to directly address the most interesting Miles: that he survived the death of his entire universe, and now lives in a similar one with his resurrected mother. It's a situation that holds plenty of story potential, but Bendis doesn't want to do it because...well your guess is as good as mine.
It'd have been even better if he had nobody, he's stranded in this time, with no one, he girlfriend doesn't know him or recognize him. His reason for being spiderman doesn't matter any more because his hero is alive, everyone thinks he's a cheap copycat or a badguy, and he's got nowhere to go.

You could do things with that, you could have him come into his own hero then.

The truth is, is that Bendis doesn't want that, Bendis wants to appropriate spider-man for the blacks because he thinks he's some sort of fucking hero for doing it. Aside from that, he thinks he's some soprta visionary writer and his "continuity is only gonna hold you back" bullshit speil he sold is just him not respecting or giving a shit about what writers and artists before him accomplished. He fancies himself the new Stan Lee, but with none of the talent or business sense. He's a bald fat prick and everything he's done has been some form of self aggrandizement virtue signaling.

He doesn't give a shit about these people he just wants to be seen as a good person.
>>
>>91537345
I don't like how in modern stories Jonah is characterized as kinda racist when he was never one on the old plots. I distinctly remember him kicking out some racist politician because he said something like

"How can you employ a guy of this kind" when referring to Robbie.
>>
>>91541125
This exact reason is why I'm glad he hasn't given an opinion of Miles, because we know /exactly/ what Marvel would have him say.
>>
>>91540913
>static shock
>b hero
Static was an A lister after his show came out, everybody loved the guy. He just keeps getting shafted because of faggot writers and shitty editors fucking him over. Not to mention teh greedy fucks who want to get a piece of the pie whenever he shows up.

You could easily make a Static movie in this day and age and have it be successful if someone competent put it out.
>>
>>91541069
Bendis can't write Miles in an interesting way
fuck it, give the series to Fiffe, Loveness, Hastings, Thompson or literately anyone else (besides Waid) writes Miles better than Bendis
>>
>gibs muh dat
The negroid brain defaults to this line of thinking
>>
>>91541192
This is false.

No one knows how to write Miles and it's pretty obvious. Everyone else just writes him as a background character who points out the obvious, then shuts the fuck up for the remainder of the issue.

And when they do write him any other way than that, they're just writing Peter Parker. Miles is a failure of a character because he's as interesting as a plank of wood.
>>
>>91538180
>long ago
>was still interning first nation people till the late 70's
>many of whom were abused by the foster system

canada pls
>>
>>91536949
This song is literally about how races don't matter. He doesn't actually give a shit what race Spider-man is.

Why are you triggered, OP?
>>
>>91541177
is it He's what Spider-man should be!
He's the REAL Spider-man
>>
>>91541370
>Spider-Man should be black.

That sounds like caring. Also, if he was trying to make that point then he would have talked about other minorities when bringing up Jesus and Spider-Man. Instead he focuses on one, which clearly shows he has some sort of bias.
>>
>>91541273
You cna easily make him interesting given the framework Bendis abandoned and the setting of him being a fish out of water given a new start.
>>
>>91536949
We should stop caring. It is Marvel's intelectual property, just that, it is not the story of your deceased great-grandfather. There is a world of interesting stories to discover.
>>
>>91541464
he brings up hispanics pretty often in the song
>>
>>91536949
I can't stand the fucking comments on this thing.
"oh he's so positive"
"this si so good"

Yeah, just straight up make spiderman black because fuck you, whitey iz bad.
>>
>>91541464
>I'm a retard and making shit up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvUZzoVL3E4

>Spider-man should be black.
>James Bond should be gay if he wants to.
>If we wanna make a gay James Bond, fuck it.
>Why not
>Fuck it, you know?
>It's 2017, why not? Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>91536949
Because some of us hate Peter Parker.

You don't see Miles Morales making deals with the devil, throwing away 20 years of his life, negating his marriage to Mary Jane (Who stuck with Peter through the clone saga), and is so obsessed with his old Aunt that he'd ruin his life just to keep her around.

Miles Morales is a growing boy. Peter Parker is the perpetual man-child. He never wants to grow up or mature.
>>
>>91541500
They're a dime a dozen at Marvel. He'd graduate from being insultingly bad to being boring, sure, but I still see no reason waste the effort considering this line of reasoning could be applied to every character.
>>
>>91541587
Is ambivalence really something to get so enervated about and to fight for?
>>
>>91541580
>whitey iz bad
>he explicitly says "who gives a fuck"
>>
>>91541587
Why the fuck would you even bring it up if it's not a point of contention.

Aside from that, It goes against James Bond's central thing of being a manly man self insert, like Indiana. Making him gay misses the entire point of the fucking character.
>>
>>91541628
You also don't see him having a character. Might as well watch a glass of water if you hate Spider-Man that much.
>>
>>91541715
>James Bond's central thing of being a manly man self insert, like Indiana. Making him gay misses the entire point of the fucking character.

His central thing was he was based off Ian Flemming's friend from the Navy if I remember correctly.
>>
Why is this a race thing?

Peter Parker is the single worst person in the Marvel Universe.

At least the Phoenix Force and Galactus are cosmic entities devoted to balancing the scales of life across the multiverse.
>>
>>91541628
Peter WAS grown up and mature, before he was fucked over because apparently the editors thought the only way to have him be relatable was to remake him into a manchild.
>>
>>91541661
They really aren't most "fresh starts," don't get pushed or shilled hard at marvel, and almost all "new" characters are just minorities masquerading as already established heroes.

The point is marvel doesn't know how to market anymore and declining sales show that. They only care about selling on shock value and anger as confirmed by their own pr, writers and artists in tweets. They don't care about quality.
>>
>>91541700
Why would you make a song about it if you didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>91541700

Don't argue with /pol/. They're one and the same with Tumblr. They want to be triggered and push their white genocide meme.

>>91541715
>Making him gay misses the entire point of the fucking character.
>You can't be manly if you're gay.

Whew

>>91541767
>Why is this a race thing?

Because /pol/ being retarded and misinterpreting the message of a song made by a biracial person.
>>
FUCK MARVEL
>>
>>91541628
>Mephistoverse.

Can't wait for it to be undone this year.
>>
>>91541803
because he's trying to convince other people to also not give a fuck?
>>
>>91541736
You're right. I can't really come up with a counter argument to the facts.
>>
File: 1473630837672.jpg (69KB, 570x503px) Image search: [Google]
1473630837672.jpg
69KB, 570x503px
>>91541806
Here comes the crybaby.
>>
>>91541715
But why does James Bond need to be James Bond?

Also he could be a manly and suave as a gay man, it just wouldn't work as a straight ideal anymore.
>>
>>91541870
Gay men are usually portrayed as more manly and suave than straight men anyways
>>
>>91541736
That's been where I come down on things. Peter is redeemable in part because those moments are OOC by an extreme degree and he's being a puppet for overbearing editors and shit writers.

Miles though... what is there in miles that gives him any reason to be a hero? Why is Miles going out there to do what he does. I mean I know he used to have a reason back in Ultimate. But that's over and now he's got a family again. Why is Miles supposed to be a Spider-Man?
>>
Name one good character that's black

That's right, you can't
>>
>>91541891
It could work. But could you believe it? Or would you want to see him seduce a man and ram his silencer up their ass?
>>
>>91541942
Sam Wilson is fine his MCU counterpart having the upper and because events like AXIS shat all over his chances to stand out as a good Shield Bearer.
>>
>>91541952
I meant that gay men are portrayed as more manly and suave TO women. The phrase "why are all the good men taken or gay?" is pretty old
>>
>>91541902
Fucking this.

Every issue with Peter can be fixed just by undoing One More Day and bringing back the marriage.

With Miles? You have to jump through some hoops if you wanna make that character interesting.
>>
>>91541942

Samuel Jackson's Nick Fury.

>>91541952
>But could you believe it?

Neil Patrick Harris could make me believe it but I don't know if he could pull off a good Bond.
>>
>>91541942
Blade.

Luke Cage prior to being Bendis'd.

Prowler.

Robbie Robertson.

Martian Manhunter.
>>
File: 1315002253593.jpg (114KB, 753x678px) Image search: [Google]
1315002253593.jpg
114KB, 753x678px
>>91541192
>Fiffe
don't want to be one of those guys but your opinion is invalidated with this
Fiffe did nothing but write one of the worst Ultimate books.
>>
>>91542120
it wasn't completely bad
>>
>>91542076

Eh Neil looking like Neil no I don't see him has having that edge that Bond Needs.

Now being an old friend former fling yea maybe as his Felix. Yea I could see that.

be that similar gag they use with Moneypenny.

"Why do they always send Felix."

"Him and James, have an understanding."
>>
>>91542148
It was abysmal, and I say this as someone who wanted to like the book so much, since it was basically a Bombshell book.
>>
>>91542180
I don't get it. It was my first Ultimate book since Millars and it was enjoyable.
>>
>>91542228
The characters, dialogue and storylines were all terrible. But the characters for the most part.
When you go from Bendis writing the same characters teaming up and then go read All New Ultimates the next month, it's unbearable. Not only in the fact that they write character differently, but the dialogue is a joke and everyone was making so much fun of the orange gunshot.
No one likes that book but you, anon. I'm sorry.
>>
To be fair anything involving a black character is going to be criticized for various reasons.

If a new character is created people complain about their favorite character not getting a push.If an existing character takes over for a white one people cry reverse racism and pandering.Then there are some who conplain that the character is not realistic for a black person.

Writers should just write what they want,ignore criticism and hope that what they are writing is good.
>>
>>91541682
When people are constantly pushed to take some kind of ridiculous extreme stance to one side or another now yeah kinda. "If it works then sure it's whatever" is better than the insane screeching from any other polarized response.
>>
>>91541863
Not an argument.
>>
>>91541942
Barracuda

John Stewart
>>
File: ZgwIASL.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ZgwIASL.gif
2MB, 400x300px
Is this another miles hate thread?
>>
>>91542388
Neither is blaming /pol/ for every opinion that differs from your own.
>>
>>91542307
oh well its an ok read if you didn't have investment in the characters and it was a mango
>>
>>91542429
As long as Marvel keeps shilling the shit character there will always be Miles hate threads to counteract it.
>>
>>91541806
Missing the point entirely. He's A straight male fantasy, always has been, making him gay doesn't add to his character, it subtracts from it. How relatable is he if he fucks a hot guy every movie and not a hot girl? Who would want to be him other than a minority?

The majority of the population is straight, fact. You can be manly if you're gay, but the fact remains that you can't insert as him as well if he's fucking men.
>>
>>91539815
Fucking glorious
>>
>>91542542

Thanks for giving the character advertisement.
>>
>>91542575
>How relatable is he if he fucks a hot guy every movie and not a hot girl?

About as relatable as he is getting hot women all the time, seeing as how that's not even remotely most people either.
>>
>>91538123
They skin animals alive and then toss the twitching bodies to bleed to death in piles.

Gutter oil is a big problem.

They will cheat you at every turn. Companies can restart work by simply changing their name if they wrong you

Go to a city beyond the Tier 1 or tier 2's.

The organ trade is horrible there. They straight out kidnap people.

Human life has very little worth there.
>>
>>91539815

He is a illegal minority immigration. Only reason people like him that he can fly.
>>
>>91542575
>James Bond
>Relatable

James Bond is not relatable. He's the western equivalent of a light novel protagonist from Japan who ends up transported to a different world.

James Bond being gay isn't gonna make him less relatable because no one can relate to him in the first place.
>>
>>91542686
But it's something that a very significant number of people want
>>
>>91542890
If your argument is that Bond serves as a self-insert vehicle, then making him a gay is no less pointless.
>>
>>91542977

Why can't he be someone else's self-insert one time?
>>
>>91538154
Want to know how that poster is an edgy teen? He doesn't blame the CIA.
>>
>>91538123
>China is a paradise compared to America
You have to be trolling
>>
>>91542531
>its an ok read if you didn't have investment in the characters
I guess?
I still couldn't enjoy it even as its own thing. I hated the dialogue so much as well as the use of the word "Chump".
>and it was a mango
I apologize
>>
>>91543000
Why can't these people make their own character to be a self-instert?
>>
>>91541311
Plus the residential school system went on until the mid 90s, so yea it is pretty damn recent.
>>
>>91537133
>As a black brit

As another brit you're full of shit.
>>
OP here, the song is about how no one should care about what race some person is
>>
>>91543500
>Doesn't know what genocide means
>>
>>91537008
It's not that they can't relate, it just gives something for the kids to say "hey, he's like me, I can be like him." It's just representation is all. Still, I prefer Miles Morales than them race-bending Peter. It solves both issues; you can give black children a good role model, and keep your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. In this case, you can have your cake and eat it too.
>>
Because he's a popular character known world wide and they want to feel special by appropriating that success.
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.