[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started watching this, /co/, and I have to say it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_7472.jpg (230KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7472.jpg
230KB, 940x529px
Just started watching this, /co/, and I have to say it's not that bad. It's a little by the numbers, and the redesigns aren't my favorite, but it's no worse than the Nickalodeon TMNT.

Is it hated because it's Sonic, because of the redesigns, or what?
>>
>>91533416
Sonic Boom has been acceptable here lately. Mostly because of how aware the writers are.
>>
I think a lot of us actually enjoy it although it gets too meta at times. Good luck ever finding it airing between teen titans go and gumball.
>>
>>91533416
Mainly because it's Sonic Boom, and that alone doesn't bode well for it.

Just comparing it by itself, though, it is legitimately funny. But of course it gets shoved into Boomerang cause Cartoon Network only cares about Teen Titans Go
>>
>>91533416
It gets better later.
>>
The stories are a bit predictable, but the jokes are gold.
>>
>>91533416
Hated because the game it was based on was bad so people would automatically assume the show of a bad game would also be bad whether they've seen it or not. Also TMNT is great except for that space time travel season I feel iffy about that.
>>
File: IMG_7471.png (429KB, 615x329px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7471.png
429KB, 615x329px
>>91533441
I just don't see it talked about. I like the voice acting a lot, and the comedy doesn't seem like it's trying to hard.

The Sonic scarf is growing on me.
>>
>>91533416
Mainly for being associated with the game, which truly is that horrendous. The show's actually pretty funny.
>>
>>91533539
I like sonic new blue arm design, tails and amy also look fine. What i don't like is all the sports tape they covered themselves with because why? (I like how they joked about that in the show) and how knuckles pretty much became the strong but retarded as fuck character.
>>
File: IMG_7481.png (1MB, 992x726px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7481.png
1MB, 992x726px
>>91533464
I'm watching it on Hulu right now, also at least there's that. It's a shame Cartoon Network doesn't try harder.

Also, Sticks is becoming my favorite, for non-waifu reasons.
>>
So is Sticks the replacement for marine the racoon? or are they separate characters
>>
>>91533609
Yeah, disappointed with Knuckles the most. I'm at least thankful he didn't just become the cool, dark and brooding character. I guess it'd be a little to close to Raphael to make him the tough loner boy, but that would've been a good source for comedy.
>>
>>91533609
>why

It's a real thing. Something about preventing shoes from flying off of athletes.
>>
File: mnutape.jpg (921KB, 4000x2593px) Image search: [Google]
mnutape.jpg
921KB, 4000x2593px
>>91533778
>>
>>91533416
Show's cute, but the game was an insane software trainwreck and that colors some people against it without giving it a chance.
>>
>>91533441
>lately
You must not have been here for Season 1, we've always really liked it its just threads are quiet for some reason.
>>
>>91533539
It gets threads from time to time, usually complaining about how underrated it is. Eggman carries the show.
>>
I haven't been keeping track of the show but did they show the one about Eggman's brother?
>>
It's funny and Eggman carries the show

Sticks a cute
>>
>>91533687
If she was a replacement, she would be hanging out with Blaze. Boom is a spin-off, it has nothing to do with the main game series.
>>
File: tumblr_n3zsrpBz3q1sxudx7o2_400.gif (1MB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3zsrpBz3q1sxudx7o2_400.gif
1MB, 400x306px
No Sonic cartoon can compare to The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was top tier greatness, because of Dr. (PINGAS) Robotnik

Sonic Satam was SJW Environmental shit

Sonic Underground was cringe inducing shit

Sonic X was terrible because of Chris

Sonic Boom is actually pretty funny
>>
File: mombot.png (1MB, 1589x592px) Image search: [Google]
mombot.png
1MB, 1589x592px
"I've done it! I've finally done something no other scientist has ever been able to do!"
"Prove climate change is real?"

Sonic Boom started out as something pretty awful, like the video games, but by changing its humor for LOL SO RANDUMB to meta-commentary on the Sonic franchise as a whole, recognizing that the only people to seriously hate Sonic Boom as a spin-off are die-hard autists, and the willingness to make fun of itself has changed it into something fantastic.

It's finally changing from letting Eggman get all the good one-liners and has shifted its script to allow Amy to actually be likeable and have a character. Boom Amy is her best incarnation.
>>
>the Chris-Chan episode
>>
>>91534994
The writing was always self-aware. It's just become more and more blatant about it over time. It really looks like they've been testing the waters little by little on what they can get away with. And of course Boom Amy is the best incarnation. The bar is really, really low on that one, considering Amy is the worst character in the games.
>>
File: 4591428-1908875206-Knuck.png (3MB, 1513x1003px) Image search: [Google]
4591428-1908875206-Knuck.png
3MB, 1513x1003px
I always thought it would make more sense for Knuckles to be this sort of "spiritual" guy character. Not a flat out wise guru or a hippy like Og but someone whose more in tune with nature and the balance of chaos and harmony. Doing things like meditation, training (physical and mental) and excelling at bushman stuff all while being laughably naive when it comes to things like modern technology and practices.

By building his character like that you could still use him for humorous moments by putting him in scenarios where the way he interacts with certain objects or characters will seem to be funny and idiotic but the reason behind his actions isn't because he's dumb but because he doesn't know any better. This can also allow for moments where knuckles greatly outshines other characters because of his difference in survival skills and knowledge of things pertaining to mystical, spiritual and ancient origin which both the sonic boom and regular sonic universes are full of. It seems that this would make the most sense to me at least given his origin story with him coming from a tribe of echidna who have been protecting the master emerald for years (assuming it hasn't changed I haven't read sonic comics in a looong time)

Right now it feels like the writers aren't sure who knuckles should be. Sonic, Amy and Tails have remained almost the same throughout the tv shows and comics but not knuckles. At one point he was a hothead with anger issues similar to Raphael, then at another his character was changed again because (from what I've heard of a few forums) sega thought he was too similar shadow and now hes gone to the big strong dumb guy character.
>>
So what are the funniest episodes so far?
I'd say the Fanboy episode and that really recent one with the City-Powering crystal. That Tails' Journal bit had me fucking dying. Of course Robotnik is still the best.
>>
>>91535234
Hedgehog Day and that one where Tails splits into a bunch of dumber versions of himself are my favorite so far. That Tails journal bit in the crystal one was great, but the rest of the episode was sort of bland.
>>
>>91535234
Let's Play Musical Friends, Chez Amy, Mayor Knuckles, Just a Guy, Battle of the Boy Bands (solely because of Amy's superb voice acting in the first three minutes), Fire in a Crowded Workshop, Robot Battle Royale, Fuzzy Puppy Buddies, Role Models, Cabin Fever, Counter Productive, Nutwork, I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here, In the Midnight Hour, Strike!, Mech Suits Me (solely because of Perci and Staci), Give Bees A Chance, and Mombot.
>>
>>91535416
Totally forgot about Just a Guy. That one was fucking great.
>>
I think the only people that really hate it are the ones who only played the game. It's a solid cartoon. Not amazing, but solid.
>>
>>91535234
There was also
>"Oh, I get it! HERO is another word for Sandwich!"
>>
File: laughing cuck.gif (3MB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
laughing cuck.gif
3MB, 190x200px
>>91535234
"I can't go swimming with five year-olds! They're so vicious when they detect weakness."
"What you've gotta do is go to the biggest one in the yard, and beat him up, to show how tough you are and so no one else bothers you!"
"Knuckles, that's prison."
"Only if you want it to be."
>>
>>91535234
Cowbot and the episode with Sonic and Eggman teaming up in a game show.
>>
>>91535708
clip?
>>
>>91533416
It's like Teen Titans Go: The Good Edition
>>
>>91533416
>Is it hated because it's Sonic, because of the redesigns, or what?- 35 posts and 7 image replies shown.
It's just not that good for discussion is all. Most like it and think it's funny, but outside of the fanboy episode, Boom threads don't take off. Not to mention it's harder now with Boomerang being the spot for new episodes.

Most of /co/ Sonic threads usually revolve around the comic books, but they might be cancelled now.
>>
>>91536603
>It's just not that good for discussion is all.
It's a great show, but there's rarely much to talk about besides that episode was funny.
>>
>>91536444
It really is.
>>
>>91536634
Exactly. It's pretty much like that on all the boards that discuss Sonic regularly too. It's funny, most like it, but there's nothing to discuss outside of posting funny quotes from the show.
>>
>>91533778
Ok. That explains Sonic. Why is Amy using tape as a belt?

PS it still looks stupid.
>>
>>91533464
it's on boomerang because it's french animated. cn has been doing this for a while, it's nothing new. i always expected it to be on disney xd considering toon disney had adventures of sonic and jetix had sonic x. hell, disney xd had sonic underground for a bit too so i really don't see why the hell they thought cn would be better
>>
It's wholly mediocre but still watchable enough that I can say I enjoy it. Knuckles and Eggman make the show.
>>
>>91534942
It's a pretty noticeable trend where a serious Eggman makes for a shitty show.
>>
>>91535193
We already have Sticks for the natural character, complete with other characters making fun of her senility and distrust of technology.
>>
>>91535234
Just a Guy and that one with Knuckles starting a bucket fashion trend are my favorites.
>>
File: Sticks Dance.webm (87KB, 260x314px) Image search: [Google]
Sticks Dance.webm
87KB, 260x314px
It's a crime how mis-treated this show was.

Especially since it gave the world this cutie right here.
>>
>>91535189
Isn't the series confirmed to be cancelled after season 2 and the writers already knew about that back in season 1? Can't blame them for pushing the boat out on the show while it still exists.
>>
File: CzcFA1iUoAImI_n.jpg (148KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CzcFA1iUoAImI_n.jpg
148KB, 1200x1200px
In fact you want to know something? Other countries actually treat this show way better than how Cartoon Network treats it here.

In France, not only did they premiere Season 2 recently, but they marathoned all the episodes that were released here, as well as air 6 NEW episodes that we have to wait for, 4 of them being part of a 4-Part event.

Compared to how CN treated it, airing the first 7 episodes on Cartoon Network, airing the rest of it on Boomerang, (A channel that not a lot of people have) and only releasing the CN versions of the episodes on demand. I guess the good thing about being on Boomerang is that the new episodes have a much better time slot but this is just unacceptable.
>>
>>91543409
Sonic Boom in general does a lot better internationally and on streaming services.

http://www.tssznews.com/2017/03/19/sonic-boom-has-been-ordered-to-air-in-90-countries-worldwide-season-1-enjoying-strong-international-ratings/

I'm pretty sure those are the main reasons the show is getting multiple seasons because it sure aren't the views in America.
>>
File: IMG_0121.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0121.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>91543537
I'm also a bit shocked we haven't had DVDs or a Boxset of Season 1 here in the states.

I mean the closest thing we got in America was that DVD that came with Fire and Ice, meanwhile UK and Europe have 4 DVD's with all of Season one.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.