[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else here thinks it would've been better if they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 13

Anybody else here thinks it would've been better if they didn't do the "actually the same person" storyline and kept them separate ? Leave Superbro dead but with his own legacy and let Superdad have the story about the world and other characters slowly getting to know him before fully accepting him ? Perhaps bring old Lex to oppose Superdad and the new, heroic Lex ?

Heck, bring Superbro and send him to space to have space adventures while Superdad stays on earth with the League.
>>
Having two versions on the same earth isn't what comics do.

Unless one is a villian.
>>
Nah, I like Superbro, but there isn't enough core difference to separate him from Superdad, that they should remain separate characters.
>>
>>91514392
One was dead and if he would stay dead that wouldn't really be a problem. Some characters would simply reference him from time to time.
>>
>>91514462
Would be a proble,m if you only wanted one.

Plus they only brought in superdad to overide superbro.
>>
>>91514303
But that's the thing if they didn't do "the same person" thing they would have had to reveal Superbro was a fake or some other character because of the 10 years thing.
Which would have shat all over his legacy so the same person reveal thing I'm fine with.
>>
>>91514303
And what's wrong with them being the same person anyway?
>>
>>91514303
No.

Marvel is a mess right now because they just mixed all of their character up in one bag and the development is all over the place.

This was the best outcome, a little rough still in terms of understanding continuity, but better than having ANOTHER version of Superman flopping around the multiverse.
>>
>>91514303

It would have been a lose/lose situation if they had been separate characters. It invalidates one of them along with their fans. There's nothing wrong with making them the same person. It's pretty much a soft reboot and update to a classic character without alienating old and new readers. Also seems like they tried something and it didn't quite work but fixed it without throwing everything out.
>>
>>91514303
No. Superman shouldn't have a complicated history. Other heroes can, but not Superman.
>>
>>91514303
I miss Superbro. Don't care for Jon.
>>
>>91516803
Too late.
>>
File: Action Comics (2011-) 006-030.jpg (1MB, 1920x2953px) Image search: [Google]
Action Comics (2011-) 006-030.jpg
1MB, 1920x2953px
Superman reborrn is a character assassination of both characters.

If you liked superman reborn, you should feel bad, because you do not undertstand that they are different characters in essence, trying to create a frankenstein monster of it, it is a disrespect to both fans of both characters.
>>
>>91514303
No. The refugee thing had run its course and it was time to move on. Superbro was shit anyway.
>>
>>91517251
How if they revealed both characters were one in the same all along. It was either that or one of them is a fake.
>>
>>91517331
No Superbro wasn't shit it was the writers that wrote him.
>>
>>91514303
New 52 superman was a disaster, everything about him had to be destroyed even his legacy, too bad they will not do the same to man of steel.
>>
File: Action Comics (2011-) 006-021.jpg (2MB, 1920x2953px) Image search: [Google]
Action Comics (2011-) 006-021.jpg
2MB, 1920x2953px
>>91517251
I am re-reading Morrison Action comics and in there you can see how much Clark was different from each other, how much Superbro was a person of his own and not a reflection of lois or his parents, he made his own decisions, he was his own character and has his own actions.

The way the universe is built, the way of every pieces of the mythos clash togheter and form a unique path of his life, using bits and bits of other incarnations was something grand.

>>91517348
Because the idea of "Stolen time from one universe" that was the older is a fucking ridiculous idea itself. Before Reborn there was a Superman who had his second planet destroyed, the only thing left was his family, he had to move on, both of them, Lois and Clark had to move to doing other things than working at metropolis as journalists. But every action they took, now it is erased in favor of metropolis status quo, it feels forced, it feels fake, even fakier than having one Superman being fake.

Listen, it is not what DC, the editorial or any big event that makes Superman BE Superman. It is the action, the resolution, the drive to be a better person and helping others. Superbro WAS Superman, the ACTED like Superman and he will always BE Superman. Being a fake or not, does not invalidates his actions.

It is not the symbol or the clothes, the spit curl or the love interest that makes Superman.
>>
>>91514303
>>91517251
I wasn't even that into Superbro, but I can respect those who were.

I would've been happiest if both Superbro and Superdad were kept alive and left free to operate, each in his own title.

Suerdad's title could focus on slice-of-life stuff and him raising Jon to be a good man, and Superbro's could be more action-y and focus on him helping the Justice League.

That's what I would've done as head of DC.
>>
>>91517562
I dont even think of that, I can accept that he is dead, his story was told, thr problem is merging different characters because they share the same "name". There was not a single reason to do it, both of them were set on, Supedad took after Superbro, and Superbro died saving everyone. Now they only fucked over even more with the new origin and shit.

It is liking fusioning Dick, Jason, Damian and fucking Tim Drake into a single Robin, it is retarded as fuck.
>>
>>91517251
>because you do not undertstand that they are different characters in essence
That is the problem, creating a new character and replacing the iconic superman for it? Superman was on of the most iconic characters of an entire century, if you're a fan of new 52 superman you're not a superman fan at all because he was not superman.
>>
>>91517526
>Superbro WAS Superman, the ACTED like Superman and he will always BE Superman
He still is. Do you still not understand what Reborn is? You fucking idiots act like Superbro has been erased from the timeline, when he hasn't. The timeline for everyone just hasn't caught up yet.

re-reading Morrison's action comics doesn't vilify years worth of dumb Superman. Unless you enjoyed Superdoom, in which case you shouldn't even bother putting down people who like Reborn because they 'don't understand the character.'
>>
>>91517636
But that's the thing the Robins are different characters the Supermen are not. And yeah you can make a case like"well they weren't always" But they are now can't do anything but accept it.
>>
>>91517655
>Superman was on of the most iconic characters of an entire century, if you're a fan of new 52 superman you're not a superman fan at all because he was not superman.
Not the guy you're arguing with, and I actually think Reborn was the best outcome for how to handle the two different Supermans, but couldn't this exact same argument be made against the Post-Crisis Superman?
>>
>>91514303
>"actually the same person" storyline

Somebody explain this bullshit please.
>>
>>91517784
Mxyzptlk,
>>
>>91517784
Turns out Superbro and Superdad and their respective Loises were actually the same people split in half.
>>
>>91517797
Seriously? Okay then.
>>
File: sup162c-19.jpg (848KB, 1851x2646px) Image search: [Google]
sup162c-19.jpg
848KB, 1851x2646px
>>91517655
"Iconic Superman", man, you are talking about the post crisis goon that byrne shat out, he is not the iconic Superman, the fact is that Superbro was CLOSER to the REAL SUPERMAN and kinda less closer to more iconic Superman as the Wayne Boring 50's Superman.

Using Red and Blue shit to do the fusion was even more retarded because FOR FUCKS SAKE, EVEN THERE THEY WERE DIFFERENT CHARACTERS, ONE BEING ON EARTH AND THE OTHER BEING ON KRYPTON.

>>91517701
Superdoom was superman dealing with intern conflict, that pak build up more in the Ultra Humanite Arc and the whole perception of both outsiders and his own view of Superman, Superbro was not accepted in this world.
And for fucks sake, Superman reborn is shit not even because of the outcome, the way the story is told itself is terrible.
>>
>>91517761
No, post crisis superman and pre crisis are pretty similar, the only difference is that Superman character was more deep this time with insecurities and doubts but he was the same guy.

New52 is the opposite of Superman, he tortured and killed his enemies, this is something all 3 previous incarnations of Superman always refused to do at any cost.

Superman was supposed to not just save the day but inspire people to be better, that's why he looks "perfect" and hide his weakness. New52 could never inspire anyone to be better because he was a douche and a brute.
>>
>>91517852
Superman not being accepted is so fucking cookie cutter that you saying Reborn is terrible seems kind of stringy, sorry.

Almost every Superman story of the new 52 was 'I'm a strange visitor from another planet.' It was stale. It was almost as stale as him fighting Braniac every other week.

I'm not saying the story was told perfectly but you people who suddenly bleed out of the walls with your Superior Superbro need to take a step back and actually look at the character compared to his counterpart. And again, stop acting like none of the new 52 shit never happened. It did, and it will all be fine when the rest of the DC characters regain their memories of the pre-flashpoint world.
>>
>>91517986
> It did, and it will all be fine when the rest of the DC characters regain their memories of the pre-flashpoint world.
I don't get why DC doesn't just do this all at once instead of this weird bullshit where different books are retconning the New 52 in their own separate ways, like what's going on in Wonder Woman right now.

It reeks of Rebirth being poorly planned out.
>>
>>91517986
But then again you're acting like Superbro was the way he was because of some sort of free will when it was the writers who failed him.
>>
>>91517852
Not really, Silver Age Superman is the Iconic version of him just like with Flash,Green Lantern and Batman.

Even so Golden age Superman was not like new52, he was a showman but not an arrogant bully like "superbro".
>>
>>91514303
Definitely. Superbro had earned his place and having two Supermen would've been much better than having Jurgens trying and failing to repeat his greatest hits of the 90's
>>
>>91514303
>Anybody else here thinks it would've been better if they didn't do the "actually the same person" storyline and kept them separate ?

Yes because no I don't feel like we have Post Crisis Superman or New 52 but a completely different version yet again
>>
>>91517926
Post crisis superman murdered zod, robots with ai, aliens.
>>
>>91518044
>>91518047
It's set up to the event. The point of which being an unknown enemy weakening Earth's heroes. If everyone got their memories back right away the enemy would lose immediately, following the logic of how powerful their villain is.

And yeah, the writers failed him, but if the character was conceived with an editorial purpose then the writers can't do much. If Superbro wasn't supposed to be pre-flashpoint Superman you were never going to get stories that ventured off what the editors wanted Superbro to be.
>>
>>91517986
that is the problem you dumb duck. You and DC expect everything to be fine when the universe fix itself, when the next crisis or reboot helps them make better stories, and let me tell you: this is not going to happen. Accepting a shitty story because the outcame was fine to you (muh outfit, muh metropolis, muh superman), is what makes writers to not even care a bit how the stories are.

Rebirth being the shitty strap that is, is fucking superman stories to death, we are not told stories at all, only snippets between half assed slice of life stories because the planning of rebirth is fucking every story telling that readers want.

They even retconned THE JON BIRTH ITSELF! THE MAIN CHARACTER OF SUPERMAN LINE WAS RETCONNED BECAUSE OF A SHITTY CROSSOVER! That is a fiiiiiiiiiine way of appealing to nostalgiafags, isnt?
>>
>>91514303
Yeah the amalgamation is dumb
>>
>>91516803
>Superman shouldn't have a complicated history

KEK!
>>
Yes totally agree Reborn is a monster created to appease old fans. The guy is different and never be this guy who hides and wants to be his parents instead of being his own man. The merger is the worse decision DC could have ever done. There is a multiverse for fucks sakes. But damn if Jurgens could abide with that. He wants to define the character with his outdated old fashioned ideas. This was prob the first time Superman was closest to what his creators started and Morrison depicted that beautifully by going back to the Golden Age and modernizing him. Reborn could never be the same person any more than all the other versions running around in various media because their life experiences vary. Superbro had his life and his dreams. This bs of he has to be with Lois to be Superman is nonsense. New 52 Lois was not even likable, much less deserve his love. It is an dumb outcome. All the stories just crapped on by Jurgens.
>>
>>91518127
Its superdad with a son and some superbro villians.
>>
>>91518191
Faggot
>>
>>91514303
I would have preferred the two separate realities situation myself but the two combining was done alright. It is a shame that this means we won't see good vs evil Luthor and a host of other interactions as a result though.
>>
>>91518179
>(muh outfit, muh metropolis, muh superman)
This is literally your argument you idiot.

You've become so derailed that you're blabbering. Refocus yourself and try again. Rebirth is the only step DC could have taken without dealing with the mess Marvel is in right now with their mixed batch of 616/Ultimate characters.

We were told plenty of stories so far. The secret Clark Kent, Superman dealing with how Lex Luthor would be the new Darkseid which made Clark stick up for his greatest enemy that he couldn't fully trust, currently we're discovering after 20 issues that the cute neighbors next door have been poisoning the family.
>>
The Superman line is doomed with the same problem that New 52 Superman line had: crossovers, but here it is even worse, because they are not nominated, you need to read some fucking titans to understand some shit, batman to understand other, it is not like they sit and tell you: here, these are the issues that you need to read to understand.

Even with only one crossover annunciated, the rebirth line of superman had even more stealth crossovers in the first year that the the new 52.

And we dont even know if the Rebirth crossover in the future will be even good, I am certain that will not, and these 2 years with shitty stories between some arcs, will be totally worthless .
>>
>>91518190
He said "shouldn't", not "doesn't".
>>
>>91518304
Marvel has no mess.
>>
>>91518156
Superman wanted to depower Zod but he was exposed to too much radiation.
>>
>>91518348
Still no excuse. He killed them.

Only thing superbro killed was darksied creatures and mind controlled to kill dr light.

Neither are earth 1 superman. Or earth 2.
>>
>>91514303
>Anybody else here thinks it would've been better if they didn't do the "actually the same person" storyline and kept them separate ? Leave Superbro dead but with his own legacy and let Superdad have the story about the world and other characters slowly getting to know him before fully accepting him ? Perhaps bring old Lex to oppose Superdad and the new, heroic Lex ?

No, this is fucking terrible. I'm glad they fixed that shitty status quo. A Superman without long time friends and a mythology of his own fucking sucked and it was unnecesarily complicated.
>>
>>91517103
>>91518190
Well then, they already simplified it.
>>
>>91518304
If you think the marvel problem is diversity and different versions of characters you sure are a dumb fuck.

The problem is the crossovers, the lost of poingnant stories, they feel like it doesnt matter, because they will be canned and forgot 6 months later and this is exactly what DC is going right now with rebirth. They were not told to write their stories, they were told to prepare the terrain for some big crossover next.

Even n52 had it better when the event crossovers were not inside stories and yet with oneshots like the villain moth, world's end.
>>
>>91517526

>Meeting us was the greatest day in his life

This page just makes me tear up over the Legion. Fuck that team means a lot to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 602x704px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 602x704px
Cant wait for these to show up.

Superdad and earth 1 like superman teaming up.
>>
>>91518343
>Marvel has no mess.

>Miles entire story retconned to mainstream universe and now we can't know for sure about his origin and development
>Beyounder retconned AGAIN
>Thor origins retconned and contradict most of his previous stories

Current Marvel is a fucking mess.
>>
>>91518435
simplified to who? Can you now tell me the origins and every snippet of stories of this Reborn Superman? I can with superman n52, and some could do it with post-crisis superman, now? it is a fucking mess, we dont know which stories are valid to understand the characterization.

Before the fusion it was possible, now it is muddy water for both types of fans.
>>
>>91518170
But there were tons of times where Superbro wasn't a "douche" those writers just didn't have any grasp on him. Superbro was a simple guy he was taught by his parents to be a good man and help people but it was losing them in a car crash that changed him and paved the way for his more aggressive personality but he still cared about helping people and doing the right thing. Hell even when he was dying he sacrificed himself to save people one last time if that isn't Superman I don't know what is.
>>
>>91518484
Retcons are old. And they been doing before you was born.

You seeing things that are not there.
>>
>>91518398
This.
>>
>>91518480
Sames
>>
>>91518438
>The problem is the crossovers, the lost of poingnant stories, they feel like it doesnt matter

All of which are results of lost relationships and character mixing. They need to pedal their stories twice as fast or deal with years of characters just meeting each other and shaking hands.

The way Rebirth is going is conjoining the New 52 and Pre-Flashpoint. There's no way for me to know if its going to work or not until it happens, but I would take it any day of the week over issue after issue of a solo Superdad Rebuilding relationships with heroes and people he has known for decades.
>>
>>91518170
>And yeah, the writers failed him, but if the character was conceived with an editorial purpose then the writers can't do much. If Superbro wasn't supposed to be pre-flashpoint Superman you were never going to get stories that ventured off what the editors wanted Superbro to be.
Well it's editorial fault then none of this is on Superbro he's not a bad character he was just handled horribly.
>>
>>91518595

>>91518047
>you're acting like Superbro was the way he was because of some sort of free will
>>
>>91518490
oh, wait, let me tell the stories of post-crisis superman when he refused to kill FUCKING ALIENS and let lots of people die because MUH no killing FUCKING SENTIENT SPECIES, he doomed all those people because HIS LIMITATIONS.

IT WAS FUCKING ALIENS, PARASITIC FUCKING ALIENS THAT BURST OUT OF CORPSES

>>91518578
He should not do that, they are different people, he was not the same as you, it is even creepier than having old lois posing as new 52 lois in the daily planet, it IS forced.

But what can I say? FUCKING JURGENS, right?
>>
>>91518326
>you need to read some fucking titans to understand some shit, batman to understand other,

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
We can all argue about what could have been but what's done is done Superbro is Superdad and Superdad is Superbro if this was a good move for the character we're just gonna have to wait and see.
>>
>>91518796
the whole idea of time being stolen of the previous universe was not in superman, and in a flash story with the titans.

>>91518797
It cant happen mate, we dont know their origins, we dont know their motivation, the setpieces are all scrambled. The basis of the character is all messed up.
>>
Again people don't seem to get Reborn Superbro was always just a half of Superdad without the Pre New 52 memories but still the exact same guy so them merging isn't that big of a deal.
>>
Let's be honest, this was basically a cleaning house. Perhaps DC felt that having 2 supermen running around was complicated for some reason, but the point of Reborn was to do a soft reboot. By fusing the histories of the Supermen, it gives them full reign easily retcon any elements of the mythos if necessary and to streamline the universe/timeline nonsense. If they want to keep something from the New 52? They can easily keep it in. Want something from Pre-Flashpoint? Sure. Want something that got retconned out earlier (pre-Byrne Krypton)? No problem. They can do all that and they no longer have to bother with how something reverted from how we saw it in the New 52/Pre-Flashpoint.
That's what I think of it.
>>
>>91518398
>A Superman without long time friends

What is the League, Lana, Jimmy, Shaun Veritas, Mxy's Wife

>and a mythology of his own

Morrison's Action Comics, the revamping of Lara and Jor-El's backstories, the Zod twist, the Doomsday myth...

>>91518392
>mind controlled to kill dr light.

He wasn't even mind controlled. The evil Atom from E3 used a shard of Kryptonite to force Superbro's heat vision
>>
Man, the Superman line is such a mess. Can we get Pak back?
>>
>>91517523
while you are right about the main series, new 52's Action Comics was fine, hell i dare to say Grant Morrison and Greg Pak runs were some of the best superman stories even compared to classic superman.
>>
so what happened with Parallax Hal? I haven't seen him in a while and i kinda fell of the GL wagon recently.
>>
>>91514392
Like Ultimate Reed Richards now? Fuck that.
>>
>>91514303

I had high hopes for just that. But nope.
>>
>>91518511
So what you see as a mess?Continuity in Marvel means shit now after the last secret wars, character development ruined for most big heroes, others are dead, Civil war 2 completelly fucked Captain Marvel.

How is DC a mess and Marvel don't? Marvel(aka SJW Comics) fucked up with pretty much everything
>>
>>91519464
>What is the League, Lana, Jimmy, Shaun Veritas, Mxy's Wife
>Morrison's Action Comics, the revamping of Lara and Jor-El's backstories, the Zod twist, the Doomsday myth...

That was before Superdad was brought up. OP was talking about keeping Superdad from a different universe.
>>
>>91520291
DC is full of dimensional Crisis and stuff that erased whole chunks of history, deaged characters and retconned others from existence, you don't know what the fuck is canon and what not anymore.

Marvel has a more linear history and you can assume pretty much their entire history is canon.
>>
>>91520935
>Peter Parker Marriage is not canon anymore
>Donald Blake as Thor is not canon anymore
>Beyounder is not canon anymore
>All stories about magneto and his kids were "lies" not canon
>Miles backstory is not canon anymore
>Sentry has 3 different origins
>Beyounder has like 5 different origins right now

Marvel changed a lot of their canon
>>
File: Screenshot_20161211-184404.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161211-184404.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
Superbro was a weaker character. Had a crappy run, a terrible relationship with Wonder woman. I don't think there was a single quotable moment. While Superdad had more than a handful under Gleason and Tomasi.
>>
>>91521452
>I don't think there was a single quotable moment.
Morrison and Pak runs were great
there is plenty good stuff in those runs
overall Superbro was just mediocre in the Superman Ongoin, but Action Comics was pretty good and consistent
>>
>>91518480
wut
>>
>>91521848
Someone needs to storytime Pak's run. So many good moments besides just that same pic that keeps getting posted.
>>
File: Action Comics (2011-) 042-017.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Action Comics (2011-) 042-017.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>91522028
true.

shit, he came with big ass chains, calling the name of every cop and person he protected and said: I am here, I will protect you.
>>
>>91518191

Fuck off Wondy/Supes fag. They're fucking terrible together. They had a prom king and queen superficiality. Four years of forced Diana Clark drama could not kill off 75 years of established history between Lois and Clark
>>
File: Action Comics (2011-) 006-028.jpg (2MB, 1920x2953px) Image search: [Google]
Action Comics (2011-) 006-028.jpg
2MB, 1920x2953px
>>91522925
>loisfag shit taste
>not being a proud lanafag

I bet you like being cucked too because you sure like manipulative, lying bitches.
>>
File: Action0e.jpg (126KB, 620x794px) Image search: [Google]
Action0e.jpg
126KB, 620x794px
>>91522155
>>91522028
don't forget the good moments in the Morrison's run too
>>
File: EveryoddyearatDC.jpg (351KB, 646x964px) Image search: [Google]
EveryoddyearatDC.jpg
351KB, 646x964px
In a few years, a Dianafag will be in position to oversee Superman, continuity will be blown to smithereens, and none of this Superbro/Superdad shit will even matter.

Superman doesn't even HAVE a continuity at this point, it's just "whatever we want to sell this month."
With Batman they just pile on more Batfamily. With Superman they just keep adding alternate Superman and rewriting his origin story.
>>
>>91517825
>Turns out Superbro and Superdad and their respective Loises were actually the same people split in half.

Is this Kingdom Hearts?
>>
>>91517797
Mxyzptlk is the other Clark in Action Comics.

Mxyzptlk is not SuperBro..
>>
>>91521452
Superbro on Superman was consistently bad, so yeah. But in Action, that's another story.
>>
>>91518871
They're addressing the stolen time in Trinity next week.

Reborn is bringing Superman to the forefront of the event.
>>
No I'm glad they went with the merge because as much as I love the Superman books now Superman doesn't really have a connection or history with any of the other heroes with the time refugee crap but with the merger now he does.
>>
>>91520935
>DC is full of dimensional Crisis

You mean 3 over the course of 80 years?
>>
>>91521452
What IS it with people's obsession to pair Superman with Wondy? His relationship with Lois is supposed to be a humanising element of his life, especially considering that in public, when he's Clark Kent, it's Lane that gets to wear the pants and play the dominating partner, giving a sense of balance.

But NOOOOOO. Let's have two gods bone so hard it causes earthquakes and tsunamis.

God I hate Dark Knight Strikes Again.
>>
>>91523201
>Lanafag
>Talking about getting cucked
>>
>>91520935
are you actually this fucking dumb
>>
>>91514416
Yes, the best option. Even if superbro goes to another universe.
>>
>>91530450
He already is humanized. The most "human" of all.

It's not about two gods because they don't see themselves as such.
>>
File: 2006AmandaConner-PowerGirl.jpg (115KB, 575x736px) Image search: [Google]
2006AmandaConner-PowerGirl.jpg
115KB, 575x736px
So according to what you guys are saying, you don't want Power Girl back?
>>
>>91531341
What because of the two versions thing? Powergirl has stood out on her own enough to be different from Supergirl. Not the same for Superbro and Superdad though.
>>
>>91530450
The biggest problem with New 52 Supes/Wondy stuff was how comically rushed it was.

They hadn't built up any chemistry or anything. The two just sat together one night and started making out

You could tell DC just wanted some quick headline bait
>>
>>91514392
Kal-L existed for a good long time.
>>
>>91532486
But they existed on two different earths with occasional crossovers back then, until COIE happened and we didn't see him for about 20 years. And when we did finally see him again he was killed off.
>>
>>91514303
>Perhaps bring old Lex to oppose Superdad and the new, heroic Lex ?
Again it seems people don't get Rebirth the New 52 Universe is just the Pre Flashpoint Universe with 10 years removed so Old Lex is just New Lex.
>>
>>91514303
Yes, don't taint the real Superman with superdouche
>>
>>91534125
Superbro is a half of Superdad so you're calling Superdad a douche.
>>
>>91534125
Implying your "real Superman" if you can even call him that isn't a douche dude attacked New 52 Lex Luthor for no reason, and just sat on his ass when the Crime Syndicate took over the world and supposedly killed the Justice League.
>>
>>91514416
Yeah, they're really the same character, just with different stories. It was getting kind of annoying when fans were arguing about which nearly identical Superman they liked more.
>>
>>91533105
Are you sure that's still the case? I remember they said there was some kind of 5 or 10 year gap where literally everything Post-Crisis happened, but I thought they abandoned that.
>>
>>91535257
Yeah the stolen 10 years thing is still in play. And there was a 5 year gap in the New 52 but people aren't sure what's happened and what hasn't in that time period.
>>
>>91535557
Only in the sense events erased or modified.

They're not gonna put everything back in.
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.