[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw LCS might get shut down because of tax evasion Really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

>tfw LCS might get shut down because of tax evasion

Really sucks, I went to pic related for almost 20 years even as they got smaller. It's sad but I suppose I'll continue to support it until it inevitably closes.

What are some local shops around you /co/? Any recommendations?
>>
>>91514238
There are a few in Puerto Rico, but only one is decent and gets their shipments in time. I assume the others just stockpile orders to meet a minimum of items ordered or price, because they always get their shit months late.
>>
>>91514238
Theyre shutting down to feminists.
>>
>>91514536
Nigga what?
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/story/news/local/2017/04/12/dragons-den-poughkeepsie-seized-state/100391498/
>The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance seized Dragon’s Den in the Town of Poughkeepsie Wednesday due to its failure to settle 18 open tax warrants totalling $177,609.84
>>
>>91514565
Fuck off saying nigga.

Shutting down due to feminists. The tax thing is nothing.
>>
File: 1459484512076.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1459484512076.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>91514592
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>91514592
why don't you not derail the thread nigga.
>>
>>91514644
Only retard is you.

Feminists planned to send tax info to govt.
>>
>>91514565
Is Peter "Pay My Taxes" David somehow connected to this?
>>
>>91514238
You could always try Forbidden Planet, anon.
They got a shop down in NYC
also
>>91514536
>>91514592
>>91514691
hi /pol/ still being a faggot like always? Go be pathetic somewhere else.
>>
>>91514592
I just dropped by to cal you FAKE NEWS.

Faggot.
>>
File: forbidden-planet.jpg (52KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
forbidden-planet.jpg
52KB, 550x412px
>>91514723
shit pic related
>>
File: 1489541960111.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489541960111.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>91514740
Pathetic.
>>
>>91514675
>>91514723
>>91514755
>>91514740

Fags. Only leftists are fags.

Gtg.
>>
I have moved all over the UK in the last 2-3 years so have experience with quite a few:

Newcastle:
Travelling Man - Nice store, decent prices. Never went too much because...
Forbidden Planet - Great store with some shockingly good prices on TPBs. A little small, but recently moved to a much bigger premises on the same street. Cool staff, good for a chat about old 2000AD and the like.

Leeds:
OK Comics - Lovely store, great loyalty scheme, just shame about how cramped it is. Impossible to move around in if there's even a moderate number of customers in so makes browsing a chore. Did a hell of a lot towards getting me back into comics after I'd fallen to only following 2 or 3 books, though.

Glasgow:
Forbidden Planet - Staffed by a bunch of the most miserable middle aged cunts on the planet, and one over excitable 12 year old boy. Still not a bad store, some decent prices, good manga selection and always plenty of stock for floppies.
Geekaboo - Staff are helpful, but selection is tiny, more of a collectables store than a real comic shop. Only really went in for bags and boards.
The one in the alley behind McDonalds I don't remember the name of - The books don't even have prices on them and it's always totally empty, sometimes the staff aren't even about. Probably a front for some sort of criminal enterprise.

Manchester:
Forbidden Planet International - Any store where you have to go into the basement to get comics because the main floor is nothing but Pops makes me sad. Still, good selection and okay prices. Only go in to grab stuff I can't find in...
Travelling Man - Run entirely on dreams and friendship, the staff give it their all but sometimes I just wish it was a bit more professional. Always nice to have a chat, but they regularly forget books from my standing order, and their floppy orders must be tiny because I'm often having to wander over to FP to get something that has sold out before midday on a Wednesday. Horrific queues when busy as only one checkout.
>>
>>91514238
dragon's den has always been terrible anyways

t. college student from the area
>>
>>91514238
>tax evaders getting their just deserts
thank you based trump.
>>
File: Gavlan.jpg (34KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Gavlan.jpg
34KB, 500x281px
>tax evading

Gavlan Shig? Gavlan Dig.

With Gavlan, you Shig, you Dig.
>>
>>91514238
Tennessee here.
Got a new comic shop next to my grocery store. Glad too because I had to drive pretty far to the old one (outer limits) which mostly had trading cards. It's a pretty cool store. Much larger selection.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.