[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people associate drugs and autism with creative stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: tank_girl.jpg (2MB, 2002x3006px) Image search: [Google]
tank_girl.jpg
2MB, 2002x3006px
Why do people associate drugs and autism with creative stories and interesting ideas
>>
>>91514004
>There will never be a proper Tank Girl animated series
>>
>>91514004
Because creativity by definition requires innovation and fluidity, which both of those in someway or another provides. Drugs enable you to think in ways different from your normal processes and autists brains are wired differently.

Are all great creative endeavours the results of drug use or autism? No, but they certainly help
>>
Cancer always spreads.
>>
>>91514619
>autism the post
>>
>>91514004
>autism
>associated with creative stories and interesting ideas
Since fucking when?
>>
>>91514619
>innovation and fluidity,
That is literally the opposite of autism.
>>
File: tumblr_m0srdyy3d61r3avk6.jpg (147KB, 500x682px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0srdyy3d61r3avk6.jpg
147KB, 500x682px
>>91514833
>haven't heard of chris chan
dude, he/she is one of the most influential indie comic maker out there
>>
>>91514004
Because most people are incredibly uncreative, so they think the creators of actual artistic content must be either on drugs or have autism
>>
>>91514165
There will be a gorillaz animated series
>>
>>91515069
Can't wait for even more cancer on /co/.
>>
>>91515069
He said tankgirl, not shitty pop band.
>>
>>91515151
>>91514165
Tank Girl is trash though.
>>
>>91515181
So is gorillas.
>>
>>91515199
Nah
>>
>>91514004
>Drugs
Probably because Alice in Wonderland (which is generally regarded highly in western countries) was written by a man drugged out of his mind.

Never heard anyone associate autism with stories though. More often than not it's STEM related fields.
>>
Because on this site and by extension most of the internet, autism is used as a blanket term for practically every mental condition whatsoever.
>>
>>91515369
>was written by a man drugged out of his mind.
Completely false
>>
dude weed lmao
>>
>>91514876
It's not the opposite of the 4chan definition, which just means 'eccentric'.

But yes it is somewhat the opposite of 'real' autism. Somewhat. I don't know whether autism is a spring of creativity but whatever art autistic people do make it is inherently interesting because they are outsiders.
>>
>>91516009
It get tiring how people use autism for things that are the opposite here at 4chan sometimes
>>
>>91514004
Because they are boring normies who think the only way someone can write anything outside of the box is by intoxicating themselves or being mentally ill.
>>
File: angery in bed.jpg (10KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
angery in bed.jpg
10KB, 240x240px
>something slightly weird happens in any type of media
>'lol how many drugs do you think they must have taken?!?'

People that say this are by definition the blandest and least imaginative people on the planet
>>
>>91515369
It was a criticism of the school system tard.
>>
File: 1468817370373.jpg (27KB, 307x368px) Image search: [Google]
1468817370373.jpg
27KB, 307x368px
>>91514165
Tankie is too raunchy, even for Adult Swim. What she needs is a new movie with a competent director at the helm.
>>
>>91518666
What she needs is a coherent plot. Her whole schtick is "woah look how crazy and random this shit is" and it doesn't really work.
>>
Because humans are boring trash.
>>
File: tank_girl_1_by_sirbigtom.jpg (75KB, 812x823px) Image search: [Google]
tank_girl_1_by_sirbigtom.jpg
75KB, 812x823px
>>91519168
That's the point, really. She never stays on one thing for too long. Any attempt to do something emotional with Tank Girl (like with Sub Girl's death) gets lost because it's supposed to be zany story, not a drama.

There can be something of coherence, but if it's not off the wall and nonsensical then it's not Tank Girl.
>>
Because interesting art requires a skewed view of the world
>>
File: SchuComic9Page19-C[1].jpg (146KB, 784x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SchuComic9Page19-C[1].jpg
146KB, 784x1000px
>>91514833
>implying the paneling in this isn't creative and interesting
>>
Dont think anyone ever associated autism with creativity
Drugs can deffinately help with the creative process tho because of its abillity to alter your state of mind and skew your preception
Either ways if your unimaginative in the first place its not like you can take drugs and magically be a good story teller you gotta either work hard or already have it in you
>>
>>91518666
Somebody like Spike Jonze would be perfect for it.
With Margot Robbie playing Tank Girl
>>
>>91521991
I... I think I actually understand this?
>>
skank girl makes loser habits trendy.
>>
>>91522100
>With Margot Robbie playing Tank Girl
i hope you're memeing
>>
>>91515199
I don't know who this gorillas is
>>
>>91515116
>new content in the medium I love? NO! That means new content on the internet forum I shitpost!
wtf anon
>>
Leave my Tank Girl alone.
>>
>>91514833
There was that autistic woman who helped redesign slaughter houses to be much more efficient and cruelty free.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.