[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I think We're all aware that there's a plethora

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1491930181695.png (349KB, 757x632px) Image search: [Google]
1491930181695.png
349KB, 757x632px
So I think We're all aware that there's a plethora of unknown but good quality animation coming out online from independent animators and studios. However, they've not finding as widespread success as they could be.

My question is, do you think maybe one way to turn things around would be a more stylish and, more importantly, concentrated curation spot for all these shorts and series?

Toonami cemented weeaboos in the west, and MTV's Liquid Television has given so many of those older shorts more longevity than they could've dreamed of if they'd stayed in the film festival circuits. However, those forms of curation were entertaining in and of themselves and had a style to them that captivated people enough to pay attention to the content.

So do you think if some cartoonaboos kept up a website that was promoting the stuff in one place, or if a major corporation had a block dedicated to getting these online series out to a broader audience, that it would help? and in what sort of style would you want to see something like that in?
>>
>>91511835
>or if a major corporation had a block dedicated to getting these online series out to a broader audience, that it would help?

This would help a lot.

Also Disney should every year do a big animation showcase to promote it as an art form, like the ones that happen on Japan. I think that they are the only company that could do something like this on the west.
>>
>>91511835
Bump
>>
>>91511835
How do we get more exposure for Poet Anderson?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuRkHfW8MaQ
>>
>>91511835
There's too many of them to really gain effective exposure, and that's kind of the problem
>>
>>91516877
Not if you raise the standards a bit and curate a selection of the very best, stuff like tales of alethrion, double king, etc, as opposed to "newgrounds geezer shits out a Mario parody"
>>
>>91516877
>>91517276
Seriously, you need to make memes out of it.

Pick scenes of things that you like, make gifs, make webms, make edits.

People will use it as reaction pics here and other places, and ask themselves: what is this?
>>
>>91511835
> would be a more stylish and concentrated curation spot

Isn't that just NewGrounds?
>>
>>91518077
Basically except newgrounds does a piss poor job of curating content, so for every legit good thing on ir you also get dumb vidya parodies, it'd be like if toonami dumped a bunch of non action anime on the slot. Not inherently bad, but it's not what people go there to watch.

So basically you need to cherry pick the good, interesting, ORIGINAL animations online and give them a place to thrive and get exposure and more importantly find the audience that would be interested in that stuff

It would also help because, in the same way adult swim is the place people aim to go when trying to pitch weird experimental comedy animation, this new online curation would become a place where people go to for more legitimate original online stuff
>>
>>91511835
maybe have some sort of anthology series/playlist on an independent website showcasing shorts based on themes, genres, and or mediums
though I'm reluctant to have as many shorts as possilbe in one place since that'd be too encompassing
>>
its because they are all shit. grow the fuck up and stop watching cartoons.
>>
>>91511835
>or if a major corporation had a block dedicated to getting these online series out to a broader audience
This would be the easiest thing to do. Literally all they'd have to do is have a channel like Adult Swim get in contact with these people to set up a deal where they give these guys exposure in the form of airing their animations during their normal bump segments or give the longer ones a small spot where a 15 min show would normally air. The only hangup is what does AS get out of it?
>>
>>91511835
Actually, if the majority are available for free online, you might be better off with a Tumblr/Youtube channel highlighting them and recommending good ones. A major business being involved would be required for television spots, but that would either require funding for more programming or just taking the animation and putting it completely on television; you can't exactly post a TV link to a Youtube vid. Your own channel can provide coverage and (if necessary) not require footage of the product in question.

Also, it's far easier to get a Youtube channel up and running than a major corporation. Tumblr might be easier (less need to fill up camera time) but Youtube would likely be watched more, especially if talking about animation videos.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.