[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is western animation ever going to create a work that can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: tms-31.jpg (467KB, 2005x1453px) Image search: [Google]
tms-31.jpg
467KB, 2005x1453px
When is western animation ever going to create a work that can measure up to something like this again?

I have been waiting so fucking long for us to catch up. The US absolutely has the greatest resources for creating films and an neverending army of talented animators, so I always assume it was only a matter of time until we overtook Japan entirely and started making goddamn masterpieces they could never hope to touch, but instead we still get Cal Arts and tiny UPA style projects and fucking nothing in between. Studio Mir at least is trying.

I hope someone opens the doors for an older audience in the west, but that seems unlikely since Space Dandy didn't, and even that would just be one tiny step towards a fucking masterpiece like Animaniacs.

I love my all-ages intelligent comedy shows, but fucking goddamn, I want more. We could be great. If a bunch of Japanese people on a golden island can make this, imagine what we could do.
>>
File: Feels_Beats_Pepe.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Feels_Beats_Pepe.gif
1MB, 300x300px
The short answer, never going to happen again.

Here's why. Television cartoons were created as a product to sell first, and children's entertainment second. Most of the shows you posted are examples of this.

Most of these shows came with Toy lines, accessories, and and other merchandise that companies could shill out. To this day, that's still the main drive to sell a tv show.

And if the show can shill out merchandise using sub par animation, then that's the new standard studios are going to set themselves to. You can thank the fucking MLP fanbase for this.
>>
>>91510764

>It's a TMS Fag thread

Fuck off.
>>
>>91510958
If that were the case then Gummi Bears & Bakshi Mighty Mouse would of never happen.

It will happen again.
>>
>>91510958
None of those show were ever made to sell merch, they were made just to show the world that you don't need merch to sell a show, you just need effort.
>>
File: 1490301042610.jpg (103KB, 831x762px) Image search: [Google]
1490301042610.jpg
103KB, 831x762px
>>91511042
>If that were the case then Gummi Bears & Bakshi Mighty Mouse would of never happen.
>It will happen again.

Calling BS on this. There were t-shirts, toys, and McDonald's promos. Childrens cartoons are subject to offering a profit for the network. There's no way around it.
>>
>>91511557
But that came AFTER the show was created, they were not made just to sell toys.

Also Bakshi Mighty Mouse lacked those t-shirts, toys, and McDonald's promos and explain Ren & Stimpy then.
>>
>>91510764

Famicom. Stop.

No one likes you or your autistic TMS obsessed threads.
>>
>>91511621
This is a industry thread, not a TMS thread as if I would to make a TMS thread it will be over at /a/

Yes, they do need to come back to the west to show Mir who's boss but new AMERICAN blood putting Mir to shame also needed as well.
>>
File: Pepe__50s.png (267KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe__50s.png
267KB, 500x323px
>>91511617
>But that came AFTER the show was created, they were not made just to sell toys.

YOU think it's AFTER the show is created. No. Merchandise is planned far ahead. Takes 6 months to a year to get a factory up and running to make the toys.

>>and explain Ren & Stimpy then.

What's to explain? I grew up with that show. I can tell you right now, there was tons of merch being shilled by Nickolodeon.
>>
>>91511754
Dude, we debunked that, Gummi Bears did not get merch until season 3.

Also John K made Ren & Stimpy to tell the 22+ minute toy adds to fuck off which TMS was doing for years before hand.
>>
What is the top row? I think the first one is Inspector Gadget
>>
>>91512043
Gadget, The Blinkins, Ulysses 31 and Galaxy High.
>>
>>91510958
People always say this but I never see any toys for any newer cartoons besides movies. What exactly are they selling?
>>
>>91512114
Apps. Comics.
>>
>>91512114
Voltron:LD has toys, but seeing that that show is only $90,000 per episode makes it pointless to do such a thing.
>>
>>91512212
By new, I meant recent shows that are an original creation, not pre-existing franchises. Besides movies, the only new series I saw get a lot of merch in the past ten years was Phineas and Ferb. (And Gravity Falls which only started getting stuff after the show ended, go figure)
>>
>>91512321
In the end, it's for the best.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.