[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sam Raimi trilogy >Remember, with great power comes great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13

File: vulture.jpg (583KB, 1400x640px) Image search: [Google]
vulture.jpg
583KB, 1400x640px
Sam Raimi trilogy
>Remember, with great power comes great responsibility

Amazing Spider-Man
>If you can do good things for other people, you have a moral obligation to do those things! Not choice. Responsibility.

Civil War
>When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happen? They happen because of you.

So how will Spider-Man: Homecoming butcher the original line used in Raimi's films?
For a moment, I honestly had no fucking clue what Peter meant the first time I heard his responsibility quote in Civil War
>>
>>91498811
>>When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happen? They happen because of you.
The funny thing about this is that this is exactly Steve's ideology in Civil War.
>If I see a situation pointing south, I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could.
If Tony actually informed Peter of what was actually happening and what the conflict was about, Peter probably would have been with Steve.
>>
>>91498811
>For a moment, I honestly had no fucking clue what Peter meant the first time I heard his responsibility quote in Civil War

Are you dumb? It's okay if you are.
>>
>>91498856
>If Tony actually informed Peter of what was actually happening and what the conflict was about, Peter probably would have been with Steve.
This
Tony's got some nice toys for beating up baddies but he's a shitty hero
>>
>>91498858
Whether or not I'm retarded isn't the issue here.

Why not just use the classic line? It shorter and just straight up sounds better
>>
>>91499087
The wording really doesn't matter at all, as long as the characterization is there.
>>
>>91499478
bad opinion
>>
>>91498858
Homecoming:
>are you dumb? It's okay if you are! When you have the greatest smarts, it's up to yous to have the greatest explanations for those who are dumb, for if you aren't the smartiest, then, who will?
>Peter Parker, Homecoming
>>
>>91499478
>You feeling lucky, punk?
>At this exact moment, do you feel like there is a high probability that you have a shot left in your revolver? Huh, asshole?
It matters. It's why we have people called writers
>>
>>91498811

>Threaten me? No big deal
>Threaten others?
>Beat down!
>Time!
>>
This new Spider-Man franchise is more watered down than the prequel comics for it.
>>
File: COnfused peter.png (192KB, 507x361px) Image search: [Google]
COnfused peter.png
192KB, 507x361px
>>91498811
>>Future Spider-Man trilogy.
>>Good things you must do, bad things happen to others, do good things cause good things are good, or else that would be bad.
>>
>>91500005
And if they used that line again, it'd be pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>91500178
>>91500201
>>91500217
>Samefagging
>>
>>91498811
>So how will Spider-Man: Homecoming butcher the original line used in Raimi's films

Tony will ask him "Can't you just use your great power responsibly and be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man?"
>>
>>91498811
Thing is Ben never said anything of that sort to Peter. No one did. It was the narrator or Stan Lee if you want to get meta.
So if anything it gets less butchered the more it's avoided, unless you want Stan himself to show up on the boat and say it to some other bystanders wondering why Spider-Man's torturing himself while watching him hold the thing together.

Actually that would probably work.
>>
>>91500161
Yippee ki yay motherfucker seemed to work alright for these movies

Reusing an old, classic line is better than butchering it
>>
>I am dropping this flying carriage so the fire rises, for nobody will survive it's clash with the earth!
>>
>>91500649
>Superman
>Mr.Incredible
>Spider-Man
>Black Suit Spider-Man
>Power Rangers SPD/Dekaranger
>Batman
>Splinter and the Ninja Turtles

That would be a tight lineup if it wasn't for Shrek and that Car.

Batman, Splinter and the Turtles and Black Suit Spidey can work street and night stuff.
Superman, Mr.Incredible and the Rangers can handle day and supervillain stuff.

But Shrek and that Car have to show up and fuck it up for everyone.
>>
>>91500161
Terminator built an entire franchise out of recycling like, four lines across every movie.
>>
>>91500005
Making a line excessively wordy does affect characterization, though.
>>
>>91500325
they used half of it in power rangers too for some reaon.
>>
>>91501325
Shit, really?

kek
>>
What's uh......what's going on?
>>
>>91498811
>When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happen? They happen because of you.
This quote is so dumb. The bad things happen because of the bad guys. They're the ones to blame.
>>
fuck's happenin ITT?
>>
>>91502018
>>91502221
Bot I guess
>>
>>91498811

Tony Stark is going to be the one to say Uncle Ben's line in Homecoming.

Screencap this.
>>
File: 1490416932018.gif (143KB, 545x524px) Image search: [Google]
1490416932018.gif
143KB, 545x524px
>>91503498
>Spider-Man's defining quote comes from the man who nearly destroyed the world and the Avengers
mfw
>>
>>91503555
He said Tony, not Cap.
>>
>>91500456
>Would you expire in the situation in which your facial covering is misplaced?
>It would initiate substantial amounts of discomfort and suffering
>You're a gentleman of uncommonly tall stature
>To one such as yourself
>>
>>91501683
yeah, at some parts they literally just replayed the original scripts.

Yet for some reason only played the theme for like 5 seconds, the cunts.
>>
File: 1489978240958.png (1MB, 1588x1188px) Image search: [Google]
1489978240958.png
1MB, 1588x1188px
are all of you fucking retarded
>>
the fuck is going on with this thread?
>>
>>91498856
>>91499062
The writer said it was supposed to make Tony look bad, going to a kid.
>>
>>91498811
>and then the bad things happen?
Agreed, sounds retarded, and just like something a 5yo would say... "the bad thing" "the bad man" "the scary thingy"
>>
>>91501056
one of the best jokes in DBZ:A was doing that with Gohan
>>
>>91498811
Raimi didn't even use the original line.

the original line is that with great power MUST come great responsibility.
>>
>>91502134
>This quote is so dumb. The bad things happen because of the bad guys. They're the ones to blame.
Congrats, this movie is not for you, obviously you have taste. and so do I, so Fuck you Marvel, there, I wont take it back, Im not a pussy like that Ayer pussy
>>
>>91500161
It's called a callback, you supreme anus
>>
>>91498811
>the original line used in Raimi's films
you stupid fuck
>>
>>91499478
How a character talks is a major part of characterization
>>
Why do people want them to regurgitate the same thing over and over that we've seen a hundred times already?

I hope they skip the uncle Ben thing altogether. We know it.
>>
>>91502134
woman detected
>>
Do people remember that Ben never actually said that in the origin originally?
>>
>>91504845
That might mean something except Peter managed to overpower half of Steve's team.
>>
>>91498811
I don't get why they do this. It's one line and it's iconic, just use it. ASM didn't use the line but felt like a shitty remake of SM1 regardless.
>>
>>91498811
>For a moment, I honestly had no fucking clue what Peter meant the first time I heard his responsibility quote in Civil War
Sounds like the words a confused kid with great powers but no guidance would use.
>>
>>91505372
Of course. It's a hipster's duty to have read the first spiderman comic so it can go all "actually..." when friends don't know the same trivia it does.
>>
File: with-great-power-com_large_699.jpg (27KB, 300x441px) Image search: [Google]
with-great-power-com_large_699.jpg
27KB, 300x441px
>>
>>91504742
See >>91502567

>>91504889
>>91505064
So the line in Raimi's film is a couple words off. It's better than whatever the hell they used in Civil War.

>>91505134
We've seen Uncle Ben die twice now and don't need a third. We already know that they won't do the origin story.
>>
>>91498811
>if you can do whatever a spider can you it's your responsibility to be our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man
>>
File: The birth of a hero.jpg (139KB, 696x423px) Image search: [Google]
The birth of a hero.jpg
139KB, 696x423px
>>91505372
>>91506421
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk9_340xqeU

How can the MCU even compete?
>>
File: Spiderblack.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderblack.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>91507771
Damn, wrong link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9-fhQvYMwo
>>
>>91506435
>It's better than whatever the hell they used in Civil War
I think the point of the CW scene was to show Peter isn't wiser yet but guilt/shame ridden enough from whatever happened to get the gist of it, but he couldn't articulate it himself to Tony Stark who was not only a stranger in his house probing about things Peter didn't want people to know but also the superhero Iron Man and also because some of the reason Peter doesn't have moral mottos down pat is because he's still just a kid fumbling as much with the world around him as the words in his head.
His naivety is even picked up by Steve fairly quickly who walks away instead of continuing a fight Peter doesn't even really grasp.

Saying that, Homecoming itself however doesn't look great for his characterization, he seems like a clueless idiot. Not like slightly ignorant because of youth, but just flat out dim and not self-aware. I don't know why people default to this Dumb and Dumber routine when they think comedy.
When we first saw Peter in CW he had a proud stride in his step and spoke similarly to May just from acing a test and bringing home some junk.

Now they've gone full reverse because I guess modern audiences can't relate to or digest an intelligent young man who's slightly socially challenged in the pockets and machismo department but still very confident in himself, instead of an autistic with some mouth breathing fat clown as his partner in crime.

It's like I'm watching Peter do a movie long Michael Cera impression.
>>
>>91505095
Well, Peter never originally says the line in the comic. And we don't have to worry about Uncle Ben's dialogue, since he isn't in the movie. So unless there is a narrator with some bizarre characterization, then its a dumb argument to make.
>>
>>91507846
>he seems like a clueless idiot. Not like slightly ignorant because of youth, but just flat out dim and not self-aware. I don't know why people default to this Dumb and Dumber routine when they think comedy.

Wut. How the hell did you come to that conclusion?
>>
>>91507786
God I miss J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgL8h_u2PHw
>>
>>91498811
Interesting that the first two quotes are general and the last quote seems tailored to his having superpowers. And the TASM version is the harshest.
>>
>>91507964
Jesus. Have you seen how he interacts with Tony in the trailers? It was cute for the few times in CW, but now they've got this whole routine where Peter's more like some retarded cousin Stark has to begrudgingly baby sit than a person.
I've seen rubber nippled Robins treated with more respect.

Then there's these shots of how his secret slips to notGanke and how Peter tries to hide it. If you can't see some Flanderization happening I'm not going to hand hold you. Just enjoy your large popcorn and drink.
>>
>>91508267
>being this delusional

You can just admit you decided to hate this movie before even watching the trailer.
>>
>>91507786
Jesus I forgot how good that movie is
>>
File: STINKS!.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
STINKS!.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>91508323
You got some shit taste, anon. That movie stunk!
>>
>>91508293
Better delusions in the mind than denial in the face of reality.
The two posts should fill your shill quota. Feel free to stop replying and go collect your cheque.
>>
>>91507786
I really hate how much people shit on the Raimi trilogy. There was a lot of heart there that I think Spider-Man fans overlook cause "Why doesn't Spider-Man make lame jokes?"
>>
>>91508405
the first was pretty good. Even with the power ranger green goblin

second was fucking amazing. Still one of the best superhero movies to date

third was complete dogshit
>>
>>91508389
>The two posts should fill your shill quota

Right, because anyone who disagrees with your moronic opinion on a single aspect of the film is by default a shill, right? Classic.
>>
>>91508405
>I really hate how much people shit on the Raimi trilogy.

Why? Its fully deserved. Those movie shit all over the entire concept of Spider-Man.

The "heart" everyone talks about are just things Raimi does in -every- movie he makes. They're specific to Sam Raimi, not Spider-Man.
>>
>>91508449
>second was fucking amazing. Still one of the best superhero movies to date

Thanks for outting yourself as the turbo casual you are.
>>
>>91498856
>>91504845

Well yeah Tony is the biggest villain of the MCU at this point. Recruiting children to fight in dangerous battles for him trying to shift the blame and his guilt to the team so he doesn't have to feel responsible.

Im pretty sure if Thanos said hey Tony help me get the gauntlet ill make it so you no longer have to feel guilty about the people who died he woud fucking just hand over the gems to Thanos.
>>
File: spider_hiding.webm (2MB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
spider_hiding.webm
2MB, 718x404px
>>91508513
>>91508530
Are all MCUfags this retarded?
>>
>>91508571
Read a comic. You'll know instantly why Raimi's films suck. The Raimi/Maguire version of both Spider-Man and Peter Parker is so completely dissimilar to the source material that it might as well be a completely different character all together.

And sans JJJ, this pretty much applies to the entire cast.

Also, the movie aged fucking horribly.
>>
>>91507786
That's it, time for a rewatch.
>>
File: Peter.jpg (208KB, 670x447px) Image search: [Google]
Peter.jpg
208KB, 670x447px
>>91508657
>is so completely dissimilar to the source material that it might as well be a completely different character all together.
You can say the same about almost every character of the MCU and DCEU. So, why the hell you hate Raimi so much? At least his movies feel like a silly silver age comic with heart.

>the movie aged fucking horribly.
Yeah, no. The movie is fine. You know what movie aged like milk? Avengers 1.
>>
>>91509201
>You can say the same about almost every character of the MCU and DCEU

Well, certainly for the DCEU. Nothing like watching a Superman who looks annoyed to be bothered saving anyone, amirite?

But I completely disagree about the MCU. The MCU versions are an amalgamation the 616 version and the Ultimate, with a leaning toward the Ultimate usually. They stay pretty true to the core concept of the characters.

Inb4 SHILL!

>So, why the hell you hate Raimi so much?
Raimi's movies seem to be entirely based off of Raimi's nostalgic memories of what the character were. Not how they -actually- were (in any comic). He clearly didn't even bother re-reading the comics he referenced to make sure he got even close. Hint: Peter isn't some socially inept loser who can barely function in society. Just for starters.

But you would know these things if you actually read any comics.
>>
File: Cute peter.jpg (29KB, 802x358px) Image search: [Google]
Cute peter.jpg
29KB, 802x358px
>>91508785
Do it. The movies are gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL8hVXSDmNM
>>
>>91509386
>Hint: Peter isn't some socially inept loser who can barely function in society. Just for starters.
What? He was a huge fucking nerd in the originals.
>>
File: Star lord.jpg (65KB, 711x399px) Image search: [Google]
Star lord.jpg
65KB, 711x399px
>>91509386
>They stay pretty true to the core concept of the characters.
This confirm you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>91509528
Comics Peter was a huge nerd who'd snap back and was one bad day away from a school shooting.
Raimi Peter was a bumbling retard who couldn't do one sentence without stuttering.
>>
>>91509572
>"I know what you are, but what am I!"

Kek. I think you're a bit too young to be on this site.
>>
>>91509627
Fucking this.

Its disgusting how Raimi's films have colored the general normie population's idea of what Peter Parker is supposed to be like. He isn't like those movies at all in the source material.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.