[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all seriousness, what was the purpose of this character? He's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Wp3_lotso_ts3_1600x1200.jpg (344KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Wp3_lotso_ts3_1600x1200.jpg
344KB, 1600x1200px
In all seriousness, what was the purpose of this character? He's so unrepentantly evil that those sympathy points they try to give him have zero weight.
>>
>>91498003
>He's so unrepentantly evil that those sympathy points they try to give him have zero weight.
Well, that was kind of the point, I think. What happened to him sucked but he was being an ass about it, trying to drag eveyone down and make them more miserable than him. Woody, on the other hand, would bring everyone together to make the best of a bad situation.
>>
>>91498084
He was basically Woody in 1 if he really let his jealousy took over
>>
>>91498003
He honestly felt like the exact same as Stinky Pete

Was there virtually any difference between them?

fucking RIP Don Rickles. Really don't want to hear how Potato Head sounds after TS4
>>
>>91499361
Well, Stinky Pete wasn't psychopathic or insane or really evil at all.

In his warped mind, he did care about Woody and company and thought he was doing was best for them.

Plus he got over it and is now a pimp while Lotso suffers a fate worse than death.
>>
>>91499802
>while Lotso suffers a fate worse than death
Is being strapped to the front of a truck that bad?
>>
>>91498003
>He's so unrepentantly evil that those sympathy points they try to give him have zero weight.
That's exactly what they were gunning for, an absolutely atrocious character with zero redemption points. The entire flashback wasn't supposed to make him sympathetic but to make him understandable.
>>
>>91499954
It is more than bad considering the character above all else. Consider his reaction and difference from Pete, he will likely never get over it until he (bitterly) dies.
>>
>>91499361
Not really, other than that Stinky Pete sought status from being loved by humans, and Lotso mostly seemed to care about his control over other toys. They were far too similar in their philosophy and motivations though, which was one of the reasons I wasn't as enthusiastic about Toy Story 3 as some people.
>>
>>91499361
Stinky Pete wasn't in the wrong. The toy museum would have preserved Him, Woody, Jesse, and Bullseye for decades.
>>
>>91500132
True, but they would be there for the people they care about. It's like being immortal, but without any sort of purpose, it would just seem pointless in the end.
>>
>>91501511
One Punch Toys.
>>
>>91498003
But he was cute and fluffy.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.