[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Being so contrarian that you don't even entertain the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 16

File: index.jpg (18KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
18KB, 293x172px
>Being so contrarian that you don't even entertain the idea that something that Reddit happens to enjoy might actually be somewhat decent from time to time, and you don't want to watch it because of this.
This is what they call being a slave.
You're all literally slaves to Reddit by doing this shit.
How's it feel to be ruled and not having your own opinions?
Sheep.

The funny thing is that you guys also all hate Tumblr, which is arguably about 100x worse than Reddit, yet you also enjoy Steven Universe and allow threads on that to fill the catalog. Do you guys seriously have that big of a fucking boner for hating Reddit and trying to be different than Reddit that you entertain Tumblr shows?

Explain to me how that makes sense.
>>
/co/ has a weird boner for religion, probably because it's full of retards, and it thinks Rick and Morty is an atheist show. That's why it's borderline forbidden here.
>>
>>91490098
Reddit pls gb
>>
>>91490098
We did watch it, and we didn't like it. That's why we call it Reddit you fucking pleb
>>
>>91490098

The funny thing is, Morty *burp* that you also hate Tumblr, Morty, which is arguably *burp* about 100x worse than Reddit Morty, yet you *burp* also enjoy Steven Universe Morty and allow *burp* threads on that to fill the *burp* catalog. Do you seriously have that *burp* big of a fucking boner for *burp* hating Reddit Morty, and trying to be different than Reddit that you *burp* entertain Tumblr shows Morty?
>>
>>91490098
Why do you care what these people think. Watch your fucking show and discuss it when the night it airs so you can find other enthusiastic fans? You are being a slave to 4chan and reddit by posting this OP. Just fucking stop and go watch Rick and Morty ep2 leak damn.
Oh and btw the 1st episode of s3 never happened except the bird person part. If body swap technology was so easy to steal Rick would have used it in tiny rick instead of making half assed clone slugs that he has to project into. (I'm dying in a vat in the garage). Rick needed his original body to stay alive the fact he let his body be destroyed in s3 shows that none of it could have happened he is in the simulation still that or tiny rick is so shit even the writers forgot it.
>>
>>91490146
Supporting religion on 4chan is a contrarian choice, so of course it'd be popular here
>>
>>91490175
>we
Nah fag I like it
kys
>>
>>91490218
I'm just curious why everyone here let's their opinions be dictated by what Reddit likes/hates. That means they let their minds be controlled by Reddit. That's pathetic.

And they fucking say they hate Reddit.

I want to know how you guys can possibly keep reciting this shit over and over again while holding massive internal contradictions.
>>
>>91490241
>4chan used to be filled with atheists and make fun of religion all the time
>Atheism becomes popular
>HEY GUISE WHO HAS HEARD OF JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD AND SAVIOR?
>>
>>91490098
>you guys
fuck off

I like Rick & Morty but I hate fucks like you bringing their silly website wars to /co/. I don't give a fuck if you frequent tumblr, DA or reddit, just don't come in here pissing on my rug. We wouldn't give a fuck about reddit if you guys weren't so obnoxious. We should quarantine you like /mlp/ fucking faggots
>>
>>91490175
You must be new here/didn't pay attention.

When Season 1 of Rick and Morty first premiered, and there was no subreddit for it, almost everyone here absolutely adored it and loved the spin they were doing on common scifi tropes, and they enjoyed the fact that Adult Swim finally had an original show that was more than a 15 minute time slot, and it had some effort put into it.

Then, the subreddit came out, and the main stream audience began enjoying it, and literally overnight, everyone started shitting on it. The anti-Reddit hivemindfags started acting like idiots and spamming the same meme over and over again, and then beat the actual fans here who don't care about Reddit into obscurity.

I just want to know why you fucking all let Reddit destroy the quality of your board by trying to be contrarians, and why you let it fucking rule your opinions. It makes no sense.
>>
>>91490175
>4chan never liked this thing it clearly liked not that long ago
>I AM NOT NEW
>>
>>91490348
Proof for your statements?
>>
>>91490218
wait what? episode 2 was leaked?
>>
>>91490380
Do I seriously have to dig into the archives which go back to 2013 for threads about Rick and fucking Morty?
>>
>>91490407
Yes
>>
File: 1490369245147.jpg (37KB, 479x349px) Image search: [Google]
1490369245147.jpg
37KB, 479x349px
>>91490098
>Being so contrarian

That's actually just being entry level contrarian
>>
File: 1487793319177.jpg (95KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487793319177.jpg
95KB, 1920x1080px
I personally think it's okay. It's sometimes annoys me either the way they speak in the show but overall I enjoyed it. I just didn't enjoy it enough to actively seek it I guess.

Pic rather unrelated
>>
File: wISx2Jj91qhyzqyz10Muv1jbo1_500.jpg (36KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
wISx2Jj91qhyzqyz10Muv1jbo1_500.jpg
36KB, 500x357px
>>91490628
Yeah. I'm so contrarian that I'm contrarian to /co/ being contrarian.
>>
>>91490688
Then you like Rick and Morty ironically?
>>
>>91490728
Liking stuff ironically is out. I like it post post ironically.
>>
File: Cathrine and Amara Garabatoz.png (960KB, 1554x1311px) Image search: [Google]
Cathrine and Amara Garabatoz.png
960KB, 1554x1311px
Everything people like on 4chan are also liked by at least some people on Reddit. We're not fucking hive-minds.
>>
>>91490098
>caring about what 4chan thinks about something popular
pfff hahaha, go find a different forum to shitpost in you faggot
>>
>>91490175
>We
/co/ is not one person
>>
File: youAREmad.jpg (62KB, 432x358px) Image search: [Google]
youAREmad.jpg
62KB, 432x358px
>>91490098
>mfw I only have a vague knowledge of reddit and thus can feel what I want without needing to be contrary

If only I could purge knowledge of DA from my mind.
>>
>>91490824
don't give a shit about this thread, post more
>>
>>91490098
>The funny thing is that you guys also all hate Tumblr, which is arguably about 100x worse than Reddit
honestly i think tumblr is better than reddit. at least they don't have anything like circlejerk "subreddits" consisting of everyone sharing one opinion where user moderators will ban anyone who says otherwise.
there's a subreddit where you get banned for criticizing anything donald trump does, and another one where you get banned for praising anything he does.
on tumblr, as long as you aren't posting gore or harassing people you won't get banned.
>>
>>91490786
That's just 360 irony
>>
>>91490908
That's what he said you fuck
>>
>>91490175
Stop trying to be /v/

It's not working
>>
File: TT Girls.png (998KB, 1259x1357px) Image search: [Google]
TT Girls.png
998KB, 1259x1357px
>>91490934
>>
>>91490908
>one person
>when we is a plural word
>>
File: 1377647738989.jpg (154KB, 621x590px) Image search: [Google]
1377647738989.jpg
154KB, 621x590px
The show is okay if you're into that sort of thing but it suffers from Roiland/Harmon wildly throwing the tone all over the place, being a little too smug about how "deep" it is, and having a fucking ravenously obnoxious fanbase thanks to Reddit. I don't think I've seen anything memed into the ground as fast and as hard as those sauce jokes, if you want to call them jokes.
>>
>>91490286
You are no less pathetic than they are by caring this much about strangers on 4chan liking a show you like.
>>
>>91491086
Something doesn't become automatically bad because people make facebook posts about it.
>>
>>91490952
>That's just 360 irony
I know, that's the irony.
>>
File: 1490811049455.jpg (141KB, 1164x954px) Image search: [Google]
1490811049455.jpg
141KB, 1164x954px
/co/ hates EVERYTHING and every writer/artist is a hack. If you let any site dictate what you watch you're a faggot. Half the people here shitpost anyways so stop taking everything on the internet seriously.
>>
File: 303.png (118KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
303.png
118KB, 230x300px
>>91491006
delightful
>>
>>91491086
pretty much nailing my issues i have with the show. the first season was pretty good, even great, but it kind of jumped up its own ass for season 2 and season 3 so far.
>>
>>91491157
The fanbase doesn't make the show bad at all, I don't know how it could, but it does damper how much I want to talk about the show in a public forum because I've seen pretty much every reaction possible to it and there just isn't much to say. Any references to make would be stale and, outside of just spitballing theories, there isn't a whole lot of story to get your rocks off to either. When Roiland/Harmon write an episode entirely as a comedy and don't worry too much about the edgy nihilism stuff or their weird excuse for lore, it can pull of some decent jokes. It's just a shame that it gets bogged down by that stuff something like 70% of the time.
>>
>>91491201
Why do some people think /co/ is a hive-mind?
>>
>>91491339
The same reason that people think any group/site is a hive-mind. It makes it easier to draw a line or define "us and them" and makes things more clear even at the cost of being wrong.
>>
>>91490380
just wait for a new cartoon to come out and watch it happen all over again
>>
>>91490098

Why /co/ hates Reddit and Memey.

1.) The jokes are blunt as fuck now. The first season was layered and the references were simply a joke. For season 2 they just rammed the references everywhere ala Bigbangtheory and pretended it was deep. This resulted in the jokes being face level and shit. That's why they even commented in the second alternate reality TV show that they can't believe they are doing it again after it was burned out. It literally added nothing but the redditfags kept on about the LULRANDUM shit in the original despite it being one of the weaker episode in the season.

2.) They now listen to Reddit. They are literally sucking their own dicks because Reddit are enablers of the lowest grade. A perfect example being the Szechaun sauce.

The joke is perfectly fine and inline with what people expect. It's a tiny reference in a mundane manner that wasnt really funny but it didn't really do anything either. Now Reddit is masturbating over it like it was a dank ass meme and it's like they made the first knock knock joke.

3.) The creativity of the first season in conjunction with the reference humour was so blunt and terribly applied in season 2 that it fell flat. The only 'good' episode was the season finale and that was because everything scrapped throughout the season came back.

4.) Get Schwifty has forever toxified the show. Even the Gazorpazorp episode had some good jokes. Get Schwifty was fucking awful beyond comparison.
>>
>>91491721
terrible bait. Pulled out all the most overused, cliche stops.
>>
I want to say I hate the show for faux-deepness where people unironically proclaim the show has deepest lore because "OH SHIT THEY'RE HINTING THAT RICK IS ACTUALLY EVIL" or whatever the fuck, but honestly I imagine most cartoons get this treatment at one point or another.
>>
Don't need to bait people with lies. Just because they are cliches doesnt make them false.

But here's a (You)
>>
>>91490098
Reddit & Memey
>>
>>91492196
>>91491721
> Reddit and Memey
Twice. Your faggotry is impressive. Don't you realize by subscribing to this level of nonsensical memery you are the Reddit?
>>
>>91490908
Says you.
>>
Wait, the general consensus is that /co/ doesn't like Rick & Morty? I Always were under the impression that /co/ liked it.
>>
>>91491221
It was always up its own ass by the fifth episode. The issue is that it got tedious once the novelty wore off.
>>
>>91492512
/co/ is not a hive-mind. There is no "/co/ likes x" or "/co/ hates y" Some like x, some hate x, some like y, some hate y.
>>
File: 1282076332637.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1282076332637.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>91490175
>we don't like thing
>so we attribute to it being reddit
I don't like certain sodas. Is that reddit's fault as well?
>>
>>91490175
>We

Speak for yourself.
>>
>>91490098
I've seen better discussion of this show on /co/ for my 6 minutes being here than any discussion on /tv/.
>>
>>91490175
Salt as fuck my man.
>>
>>91491339
Because it may as well be, with how easily /co/ adopts its opinions based on word of mouth
>>
>>91490286
>group or individual known for favoring low quality media is very fond of thing
>assume thing is of low quality and of standard fare for what group of individual is known to like.
This has been today's lesson on basic human interaction
>>
>>91490348
I blame S2 being more hit-and-miss that reddit as not meme answer
>>
>>91490098
I watched the first episode and it wasn't really good.
>>
File: 1491483611656.png (119KB, 908x231px) Image search: [Google]
1491483611656.png
119KB, 908x231px
You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.
>>
>>91490098
4chan is obsessed with reddit.
why do you think they bring it up all the time?
>>
File: 1480686782908.gif (1MB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1480686782908.gif
1MB, 800x533px
>>91490957
wow you're retarded
>>
>>91490098
I like Rick and Morty

Some other people do not.

Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Reddit, that's more just a meme that people use to express that they don't like it.

Not even just for this show either, people on every board of this site express that they think something is bad by saying people who like that thing are from Reddit. It's a common meme insult anon. Just don't take it too seriously.
>>
>tfw you watch the commentary and roiland shittalks redditors and calls people cucks.
>>
File: tumblr_nzfl64iFBW1uyzb67o1_400.gif (1MB, 390x518px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzfl64iFBW1uyzb67o1_400.gif
1MB, 390x518px
>>91490098
I really don't care if reddit and 4chan share the same opinion on things. The reality is that the majority that browses 4chan, browses reddit as well.
>>
>>91490098
Goddamn are you still pissed about April 1st?
>>
File: 1308869180306.jpg (98KB, 798x720px) Image search: [Google]
1308869180306.jpg
98KB, 798x720px
>>91490098
I liked the show but 4chan is too diluted by other sites today that its not the 4chan I posted before 2003
>>
File: IMG_2830.jpg (81KB, 749x707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2830.jpg
81KB, 749x707px
>>91490175
>we
>>
>>91490218
>episode 2 leak
Wait what?
>>
>>91491721
What the fuck is it you are even trying to say? Your second point against the show is that Reddit made a meme out of Szeuchaun sauce. Like what the fuck? How is that their fault? You fucking retard. You also didnt explain why a single bad episode ruined the show.
>>
>>91490289
>used to be filled
Wait it isn't?
>>
The only people who don't like it are Jackbronies
>>
>>91490098
If the Simpsons couch gag is an accurate look into the series then it wouldn't be for me anyway. As someone who doesn't find bodily functions entertaining, a man who's dialog is littered with burps is a pretty big turnoff.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.