/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Dick was able to become Nightwing why wasn't Wally able

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

If Dick was able to become Nightwing why wasn't Wally able to become The Flash? Why did they decide to kill him off rather than Barry. It still baffles me to this day.
>>
Because barry was anon-character in Young Justice and it would've meant nothing to anyone except Wally. The viewer wouldn't really care because they don't know shit about YJ Barry.

Its not about being accurate to the comics at every step, its about telling the story that makes sense in the context of the show and the show alone
>>
>>91484374
They should have showed Barry off more in season 2 so it would have meant something. That makes more sense with the theme of having the characters evolve like the writers wanted.
>>
>>91484459
Isn't having to accept that being a hero sometimes means dying in the line of duty and moving on while still remembering them also part of "the theme of having the characters evolve"?

Man, Wally fans are gonna be salty when s3 drops and he doesn't just drop out of the speed force in the future cuz Weisman thinks the speed force is retarded and he's right.
>>
>>91484549
>Evolve
>Do nothing the entire season then die
Great evolution there.
>The speed force was retarded
The speed force was the best thing added to the Flash since it actually gave a semi explanation to the things happening.
>>
>>91484589
>The speed force was the best thing added to the Flash since it actually gave a semi explanation to the things happening.
Honest question: is the Flash fandom purely made up of people on the autistic spectrum?

I mean, I'm sure that's true of MOST fandoms, but I have NEVER met a Flash fan who loved the Flash because of his characterization as opposed to "BECAUSE HE CAN SAVE ELEVENTY TRILLION PEOPLE IN ONE ZEROETH OF AN ATTOSECOND"

Is it because the Silver Age Flash juxtaposed actual science lessons with bullshit comic science, and thus turbo-autists like Waid felt the need to explain the "physics" of how goes fast "really" works?

Should've left it at "he eats a lot."
>>
>>91484698
No you dumb shit. People like the flash because of many reasons.
Wally has the best character growth of any main JL member and Barry had a nice silly silver age adventure.
The speed force added to the series by making an emotional connection to the speed. It made the fights hype and emotionally driven.
The speed force basically turned wally's run into Gurren Lagann but years before it did it.
>>
>>91484698
Why not actually read the flash and find out.
>Jay
>Cool Grandpa who used to run the show before the Justice League even existed. The best example of a classic golden age hero in the modern day
>Barry
>Did a lot of cool shit and brought about the silver age with his crazy powers and fun original speed bullshitting which is makes Barry the best example of a silver age hero
>Wally
>Character grows and maturity along with bringing in a lot of new ideas to the formula making him a great example of good 90s comic book storytelling
The Flash is one of the most influential super heroes OF ALL TIME you fuck.
Without him DC would be completely different right now and so would comic books as a whole.
>>
>>91484459
They did, but he still wasn't a main character.

It makes sense for this show the same way it made sense not to do COIE altogether.
>>
>>91485232
They showed Zatarra off just enough that we would care when doctor fate took him over. They should have played wallet and Barry's up. Instead wallet felt like a useless team member? Despite being the most useful DC comics.
>>
>>91484333
In the comics pre flashpoint he got yo be the Flash for a long time, remember Barry stayed death for more than a decade
>>
>>91484333
Because they emulated the death of the mentor and filling in his boots with Wally dying and Bart becoming Kid Flash.

The show is about the Teen Titans/YJ generation so they just moved the trope down a tier in the hierarchy.
>>
>>91484698
>I mean, I'm sure that's true of MOST fandoms, but I have NEVER met a Flash fan who loved the Flash because of his characterization as opposed to "BECAUSE HE CAN SAVE ELEVENTY TRILLION PEOPLE IN ONE ZEROETH OF AN ATTOSECOND"

You don't pay much attention. Most people around here like Wally purely for stories like The Return of Barry Allen and Terminal Velocity which is before the stupid overpowered attosceond crap you're talking about. That didn't really come about till Morrison.
>>
>>91486758
Except Wally had to live up to being like Barry. Bart started out being more powerful than Wally so it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>91484589
The Speed Force is a MacGuffin writers use for plot-induced stupidity
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.