[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been watching All In the Family and stumbled on the very epi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 10.png (168KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
168KB, 600x300px
Been watching All In the Family and stumbled on the very episode pic related was stolen from. I'm sure they prefer to say 'inspired by'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bON_UKpLug4

It's sad how blatantly Seth Macfarlane wishes he were Norman Lear. You can tell he wishes he had a show like All in the Family, or another of his favourites; Star Trek The Next Generation, to give him a platform to discuss social issues.

He had that briefly with American Dad which started out with the premise of a conservative CIA father but quickly devolved into typical Macfarlance zany shenanigans.

The difference is Lear always worked on developing characters and making sure everything they said was in character, and since he wanted a show with sociopolitical themes he created Archie, the conservative working class WWII vet, and Meathead the self righteous college liberal.

This episode really shows us the differences. In 'Twos a Crowd' we learn from a drunken Archie that although his father physically abused him, he still loved him and believed everything he ever taught him. This gives Mike some insight into why Archie is who he is.

In 'Brian and Stewie' there's a similar revelation, that Brian has considered suicide, but is followed by a bland reaffirmation by Stewie that "he'd miss him, so don't do it!". There's also a scene of Brian eating Stewies shit from one of his diapers.

Seth, you aren't Frank Sinatra and you sure aren't Norman Lear. Stop trying to elevate this show with pretentious 'dramatic' episodes when you never bothered to write characters in the first place. Accept your fate as millionaire who writes fart and vomit jokes. It could be worse!
>>
Nice Xanga post.

I agree with you, though.
>>
>>91479343
>Xanga
That's not current year at all.
>>
Seth doesn't write the show.
He's clearly only in it for the money at this point.
>>
>>91479459
The joke.
Your head.
>>
>>91479488
Which he can't be blamed for
>>
>>91479488
>Series Producer Kara Vallow and Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane were fans of All in the Family during its original airing and came up with the original concept for the episode.

Not sure about 'came up with' or 'original' when they cite the exact episode they copied.
>>
>>91479314
If I die before Seth I'm going to follow him around moaning 'you aren't a real artist'
>>
File: IMG_0119.png (286KB, 593x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0119.png
286KB, 593x768px
>>91479616
>>
File: GoodOnePally.jpg (95KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
GoodOnePally.jpg
95KB, 400x389px
>>91481366
Anon, you are a real artist
>>
I remember a podcast with him leer and other tv veterans. It was so awkward and sad with seth desperately trying to fit in with all of them.
>>
>>91479616
HE'S A PHONY. A BIG FAT PHONY.
>>
>>91483616
I would geek out if I met Norman Leer. I don't blame him for wanting to fit in.
>>
>>91479506
What was the joke?
>>
>>91479488
Seth is still the showrunner and executive producer. Family Guy being shit is his fault.

Did you watch Ted and his western movie by the way? The ones he wrote and directed? They're still shit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.