[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In earlier seasons, Jack would often have spirits/gods approach

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: Benevolent Spirit.png (364KB, 551x392px) Image search: [Google]
Benevolent Spirit.png
364KB, 551x392px
In earlier seasons, Jack would often have spirits/gods approach him through some means to remind him of his purpose of defeating Aku. From the three mountain monks who aspired Jack to climb a mountain that would lead him to "truth" which reminded him to never give up on his goals in season two, to that mysterious spirit who appeared before Jack to (as some fans speculate) test him in season 4.

Question is, have they currently lost all hope for Jack in season 5? Or perhaps, Blue Jack is actually not a hallucination, but actually one of these spirits taking the form of Jack's younger self to in some way test him once again?
>>
>>91475030
>Aku takes over the Earth for centuries
>Jack takes over 50 years to deal with Aku
>Ra, Odin, and Shiva(?) still can't get off their asses and finish the job they started
>>
>>91475030
I think the mysterious samurai is supposed to be some sort of god. Maybe death, or the spirit of the sword
>>
Maybe they lost all hope in him when he lost his sword.
Fuck, the random stranger that was able to instill courage and morale in him are all gone too.
No more wondering monks or cheery anthropomorphic animals.
>>
>>91475065
>Ra, Odin, and Shiva(?) still can't get off their asses and finish the job they started
Maybe they feel like it's not their place to do so? Even though them not noticing that the piece that would eventually become Aku was partially their fault.

>>91475094
I agree. However if you notice, that mysterious samurai would haunted Jack in each episode so far excluding the most recent episode 4. I'm curious as to why that is.
>>
>>91475123
Why doesn't the Scotsman just kill Aku with his magic sword instead? Bet Jack's jealous HE didn't lose his sword.
>>
>>91475030
That scene always sent chills down my spine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYKV6BdeWp8

She doesn't become upset with Jack once he escapes from her, she instead smiles as if she's satisfied.
>>
>>91475212
I want to believe that spring was a good spirit and tried to steer Jack the right way.
>>
>>91475030
Blue Jack is the best spirit by first then.
>>
>>91475176
As far as we know, the magic ruins only cause the Scotsman's sword to be indestructible. You'll need a sword forged by the gods from one's righteousness to slay evil.
>>
>>91475212
For whatever reason, Winter always gets to me. The unexplained struggle. All the preparation. The selection amongst all of their best, crafted with the greatest of care. Swept away in a single slash, defeated as if it were a stick.
>>
>>91476413
How the warrior dropped his sword in silence after it was severed in two was pretty deep.
>>
I don't think Blue Jack is a hallucination. I think it's perhaps some demon/spirit that has possessed him in the past and has spent years making him think he's going insane. I wouldn't be surprised if it were Aku who's doing it somehow.
>>
>>91476480
I think part of it is that it shows how Jack is beyond superhuman. He can defeat essentially anything and anyone as long as he is given a reason to. And even he cannot defeat Aku.

Which of course makes the battle against the guardian and how it just out right outclasses him at every turn so much more satisfying. You feel the power of it is justified by being this timeless force which cannot be stopped.
>>
>>91476520
Didn't they already do that with the Aku AIDS episode?
>>
>>91475065

I imagine they dealt with the black goo in space because that was a cosmic evil that threatened everything, while Aku was just an evil that threatened Earth/near space at best, so they thought they'd just give the humans a holy gift so that they could take care of it themselves.

The sword isn't destroyed at this point, so humanity isn't completely lost.
>>
Jack has to want to believe in that hope. Seems like currently he'd be just as quick to ignore any advice like that. \
>>
>>91476520
Some other evil spirit? Maybe. Aku? I don't believe so, or a least, I don't see it.

>>91476533
Speaking of the gaurdian, Jack has been prophesied to defeat him in battle. In the that scene where we see an older Jack in the future, he looks almost similar to the Jack we see in season 5. I wonder if the writers will touch up on that.
>>
So, do you guys think that Jack will go back to the past if/when he defeats Aku? I figure there'll be some kind of conflict with that, as it will mean that everyone he's met and helped so far will probably no longer exist when this time rolls around again.
>>
>>91476609
Well, if I'm remembering correctly, he had a completely different sword when we saw through the portal. Perhaps he's gonna use that portal to go back in Time to retrieve his sword or some bullshit.

I can't decide if I would be pissed or not if that's what they end up doing.
>>
>>91476630
>So, do you guys think that Jack will go back to the past if/when he defeats Aku?
I'm kind of with the theory that Jack's immortality is in connection with Aku. So, I believe Jack will defeat Aku in the future. What happened in the past cannot change. Defeating Aku in the present would bring a better future for the years to come. But, once Jack actually does manage to defeat Aku, it'll also destroy the immortality connection, thus ending his own life as well.

It wouldn't be without victory, though. As Jack has fulfilled his mission in vanquishing Aku. Thus, avenging his people and everyone else's lives who were negatively effected by Aku.
>>
I want Jack to fuck that Princess Celestia.
>>
>>91476692

Yeah, I can see that being a potenital ending, but it still feels like it's missing something. I mean, avenging your people is fine, but Aku killed millions over the skipped time, it feels kind of hollow.
>>
>>91476725
That's true, but when you think about it, Aku's reign was what made Jack progress further and form companion ships with many in the future.
>>
We do have to consider the fact that no ending would ever satisfy us. Not because Genndy can't make a good ending, mind you, but because we are talking about one of the most expansive and "epic" stories we were ever exposed to. We have watch Jack struggle so much and be tormented so many times there's few if any ways for the ending to both make use feel he saved the past and the future without destroying the impact of one or the other. Saving just the future is, given that, the preferable narrative choice, I would argue.
>>
>>91477766
>Saving just the future is, given that, the preferable narrative choice, I would argue.
This.

Regardless of whether or not he enters the past, or remains in the present to defeat Aku, he would fulfill his destiny. But I personally believe that what happened in the past remains in the past, what can be changed in the present is what matters. All for a bright future.
>>
File: 1483309112332.jpg (117KB, 782x835px) Image search: [Google]
1483309112332.jpg
117KB, 782x835px
>>91477766
>we are talking about one of the most expansive and "epic" stories we were ever exposed to.
>Samurai Jack
>Expansive
>Epic
>>
>>91477801
Thing is, at least from a story structure, Jack cannot survive. It's clear even defeating Aku, his failure will torment him until he dies. So... well, he has to die.

>>91477817
>if I meme it, it's not true.
>>
File: 1480953199241.jpg (470KB, 905x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1480953199241.jpg
470KB, 905x1280px
>>91477826
>if I meme it, it's not true.
>Samurai Jack
>Expansive
>Epic
SJ is as epic and expansive as a kiddie pool
>>
>>91477871
>I will just keep meming, that will show them
>>
>>91477871
Dude, Samurai Jack had several HOURS worth of backstory throughout its original run. It's pretty expansive and epic.
>>
>>91477826
if samurai jack was one of the closest things to an epic you were exposed to growing up, I can only imagine what third world shithole country you went to.

by the time I was thirteen everyone my age was familiar with Gilgamesh, Beowulf, Iliad. Odyssey, Divine Comedy, Paradise Lost, Ben-Hur, Braveheart, Titanic, Godfather, and a whole swathe of epics of different genres
>>
>>91477766
You're hyping up Jack way too much. Its good but its not an "expansive" story

I'm excited its back too but calm the fuck down
>>
>>91477766
Pure unadulterated cringe
>>
>>91475030
In previous episodes Jack was taking his hope of defeating Aku and mindfulness from the magic sword. In other words, magic protected him or at least was giving hope. The sword was his friend and silent companion. That's why he was so stoic. Now, the sword is lost and so is the hope. The companion is now blue evil inner spirit, which is a manifestation of Jack's fear and hopelessness.
>>
>>91478329
>multiple 3 part episodes giving backstory
>then extra episodes that give more backstory tossed in
How is it not, especially compared to the rest of Western animation?
>>
>>91478727
Dude, I just said that: >>91477956
Learn to read next time.
>>
So Blue Jack being a spirit would explain why he noticed Ashi's disappearance before the actual Jack?
>>
>>91479177
Jack is suffering from delusions, but he's still Samurai "I can hear arrows whizz by and evade them" Jack. Ghost jack is just a portion of his mind and while real jack might be a mental mess who can't figure out what's real or not, his body knows what the fuck is going on around him. Ghost Jack is jack, so he listens to it as he's not the part struggling.
>>
>>91479220
Ah right, that makes sense.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.