[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know after giving this some thought, why didn't DC just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: SM_Cv18.jpg (271KB, 1000x1510px) Image search: [Google]
SM_Cv18.jpg
271KB, 1000x1510px
You know after giving this some thought, why didn't DC just merge Superbro and Superdad when Rebirth started? It literally would have saved us from the "Not muh Superman" arguments that went on for months on end.
>>
Because they felt the need to space out all the Rebirth stuff to build up to the actual event a year from now.

That would have been much better than the weird intermediate shit that we got though.
>>
>>91465964

Because Rebirth was about merging the new continuity (superbro) with the old continuity (superdad).

Not to mention they had to undo the revealed identity and tie in the Lois and Clark mini while the rest of the universe settled in. Also, having Batman and WW reacquaint themselves with Superman made for some great comics so I don't care.
>>
>>91466259
The identity thing really could have been solved with the merger.
Hell I don't even know why they went with the whole other Clark Kent thing if it was all leading to the merger anyway making the whole thing entirely pointless.
>>
>>91466396

Because it creates a storyline to keep Jurgens busy and is a great callback to Mxy's first appearance.
>>
Because the merger was a story in & of itself. I liked the way it was paced out. It felt organic and not some jarring arbotrary status quo shift.
>>
You'd figure it would have been the first arc but I guess maybe they want to space out the Oz prison bits and the Watchmen foreshadowing.
>>
>>91466448
Even so the merger makes it pointless. But I got to say one of the good things that came out of that reveal was the crying Primefags.
>>
>>91466591

People still remember Superbro and MxyClark made everyone believe that Superbro pretended to be him. So now everyone thinks their Superman is dead after impersonating Clark Kent for a time.

MxyClark disappears and Superdad can assume the role of Clark and the new Superman without anyone thinking they're the same.
>>
My question is how does a merger even work? You have two separate beings with two different timelines/universes. So who's memories are dominant? And who's personality, derived from those memories and experiences, is dominant?

If you really think about it, it's such a weird position to be in. I've said this before but I wish Superman would get an issue where he explains how he feels and what he thinks about all of this. Instead of just reacting to things all the time.
>>
>>91466694
But that's not how the merger works. The merger created a new history from Superbro and Superdad because of the merger there was always one Superman that being the merged one so there wasn't any Superbro to die.
>>
>>91466796
Well apparently Superbro and Superdad aren't actually two separate people but the same exact person split into two beings same for Lois don't ask how it works DC probably doesn't even have it figured out themselves.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.