[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some huge plot points about characters that where revealed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: HerbPowell.png (83KB, 346x500px) Image search: [Google]
HerbPowell.png
83KB, 346x500px
What are some huge plot points about characters that where revealed early on in the series but they are never brought back up ever again?
I completely forgot about Homers half brother Herbert Powell. I haven't seen many episodes of the newer seasons mainly because Zombie Simpsons, but I've seen all the episodes up to season 12 I think, but hes never really mentioned ever again during those seasons though and that was a long way after the first episode he debuted in. Last episode I saw him was where he creates the baby translator.
>Hes not an important character, hes just a side character
I dunno, it just seems they probably could of actually made a decent few more episodes with him rather than the old shtick of characters or worse a celebrity. I know old Simpsons had celeb appearances but I feel like the people they had on there during the golden age where actually talented people worth being included in the show rather than lady gaga, but maybe that's just due to bad writing, or I'm a cynical piece of shit so maybe just take what I say with a grain of salt.
>>
File: supervillain-seizes-east-coast.jpg (112KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
supervillain-seizes-east-coast.jpg
112KB, 500x375px
>>91465493
There's no continuity to the Simpsons. Occasionally you'll see an easter egg callback to a previous episode but the events of one have no bearing on the events of another.

Herb Powell was a one-off joke about what Homer would look like he was successful; and how Homer ruins everything he touches. That's it. Joke told, there's no reason to revisit it.
>>
>>91465592
They did revisit him once. Herb got his fortune back thanks to Maggie.
>>
>>91465493
He came back to ask Homer to fund his baby translater.
>>
Because modern Simpsons would have Danny DeVito guest star as Danny Devito
>>
File: Missed Opportunities.png (470KB, 620x456px) Image search: [Google]
Missed Opportunities.png
470KB, 620x456px
>>91465493
Ruby's trauma and anger over her mother's death was hinted heavily at in the RWBY character songs, but never really touched on in the show itself.

There were a bunch of unrealized plot points in Robots in Disguise. For example, Windblade is mentioned as being sent to Earth by Primus years ago to defend against Unicron, but that's never mentioned again and she's just treated like a member of the main cast.
>>
>>91465493
Generally guest stars don't come back. Name guests like DeVito are usually expensive compared to a dedicated VA brought in for variety from the existing cast, so unless you're prepared to offer someone new a spot, you're stuck with the voices you have.

Plus I don't think Herb was ever that popular a character - unlike say Scorpio, and even then, they've had Albert Brooks back half a dozen times, always as different characters. Except once I think when he was Scorpio for a credits gag and maybe if you count the EPA guy in the movie as Scorpio, too.

The real problem with talking about a guest star's character is this: if you can't afford to get them back, or they weren't popular, you're just wasting screen time.

>>91465654
Mary Spuckler said to tell you to squeal like a pig, anon.
>>
>>91465493
They literally only made the second episode because people were too bummed out by the first one.
>>
>>91465493
>actually talented people worth being included in the show rather than lady gaga
>Implying Lady Gaga isn't talented or worth being included in the show

Gaga didn't make that episode shit, bad writing did. What pains me is knowing she could have been in an actually good one, damn.
>>
>>91465493
>>91465622
>>91465636
Herb made a reappearance in a recent season. They called him over the phone to ask him to be the kids godfather and he says he's poor again
>>
>>91465622
Actually, he did make a small cameo in a recent season saying he's broke again
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.