[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So truth being stranger than fiction. https://www.nytimes.c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 854.png (1MB, 1200x854px) Image search: [Google]
854.png
1MB, 1200x854px
So truth being stranger than fiction.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/nyregion/masha-leon-dead-society-columnist-for-the-forward.html?_r=0

>Mother and daughter were then spared execution by a Russian soldier only when he learned that young Masha and his sister shared the same first name.
>>
>>91449781

"Martha" wasn't even a bad reason to stop the fight. It's how Snyder executed it because he's a hack and both Cavill and Affleck gave horrible deliveries
>>
Just once I would like a Superman/Batman fight where Superman ends the fight in one or two or three panels.

It would have to be an AU, obviously, but I want a fight where they both decide they're going to kill each other, then Superman flies up into space and fries Batman from orbit with his heat vision.

Just ONE fucking version of this shitty, tired, played-out fight where Superman wins it in an eyeblink like the living god he is. Fuck Batman.
>>
>>91450118
>Just once I would like a Superman/Batman fight where Superman ends the fight in one or two or three panels.

Futures End
>>
>>91450118
The Max Lord mind control one. It's done in like a page and Bruce is in the hospital afterwards.
>>
>>91450118

Despite what you may think it almost always ends with Superman winning, but that require you to have read the comics.
>>
>>91450118
>but I want a fight where they both decide they're going to kill each other, then Superman flies up into space and fries Batman from orbit with his heat vision.

The closet you're going to get to that is Superman snapping his back like a twig in Injustice. What you wrote just looks like petty shit and completely out of character
>>
>>91449781
As the OP, I also can't get over how close Masha is to Martha, and I'd like to add that this woman's childhood was completely insane.
>>
>>91450185
Bullshit, it either ends with Batman winning or it ends with Superman deciding it's not worth it for them to fight. Even in shit like The New Frontier it's inconclusive, which is practically a win for Batman. Superman hardly ever outright wins.
>>
>>91450085
This. The idea that Batman realizing that Superman isn't some faceless alien and that he actually leads a normal human life and has loved ones is a great reason for them to stop fighting.
It was just executed in the most laughable way imaginable.

It should have been a sobering realization that Batman was becoming the thing he always feared he'd become.

Instead it was the live action version of
>B-but Milhouse is my name!
>So this is what it feels like... WHEN DOVES CRY!
>>
>>91450233
Not that guy, but iirc, Batman has never won a canon fight with Superman. Only elseworlds stuff.
>>
>>91450085
>. It's how Snyder executed it because he's a hack

explain how it was without memes or just saying ''lol it was stupid as fuck!''
>>
>>91450269

I liked the movie, but Superman saying "Save Martha" and Lois coming in and going "it's his mother's name" was really bad. Like a bit of tweaking and you can save the scene and it would be really good, but it was so hamfisted that I almost laughed.
>>
>>91450247
And yet Milhouse is still not a meme
>>
File: WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
>>91450309
>>
>>91450269
There's no reason for the fight to have even started. The whole fight has zero emotional weight
>>
>>91450269
>Superman is as good as dead
>Musters up some last words before Batman plunges the spear into his heart
>Not "Luthor has my mother"
>Not "he has my ma"
>Not "please help me save her"
>Not "she's gonna die"
>"YOU'RE LETTING HIM KILL MARTHA"
>This line of dialog is so clunky, awkward, and out-of-character that Batman is actually taken aback
>Superman keeps referring to his mother by her first name, this sends Batman into a crisis of conscience because his mom ALSO had that name
>Lois comes in at exactly the right second and tells the man in the bionic bat suit that Martha is his mommy's name
>This is enough to completely quell Batman's murder-boner he'd been edging since Metropolis got leveled during the Zod attack

Like, I get what he was going for. It's honestly a pretty clever idea; Bruce had only seen Clark as a destructive space-creature this whole time, he was completely blind to the fact that he was also leading a normal human life. In giving himself the authority to off whoever he wanted, he was becoming another man's Joe Chill.

That's a good way to appeal to Batman's sense of humanity.
But the EXECUTION was far too sloppy to be taken seriously.
>>
>>91450118

That's pretty much exactly happened when Superboy Prime took on an alt-universe Batman. Also Ultraman killed Earth-51 Batman in Countdown.

You do realize Superman wins pretty much every fight between them right? Either Superman manhandles him and stops just short of killing him, or the fight ends in a draw. The only instance of Batman outright "winning" I can think of is TDKR, which is an Elseworlds.
>>
File: 1440787092559.png (680KB, 1249x713px) Image search: [Google]
1440787092559.png
680KB, 1249x713px
>>91450247
That's a mighty fine post there, Anon. Mighty fine.
>>
File: skeleton.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>91449781
>>
>>91450691
Why does that sex toy have guacamole in it
>>
>>91450493
>>91450269
>>91450085
>>91450247
>>91450303
I dont get these complaints to be honest.and I think you guys are not correctly remembering the scene.

First off to those of you who think he should have said save my mother, what the fuck good with that have done Batman? At least with Martha he has a name to go off of.

Next, when Superman does say save Martha, all it does is get Batman to choke him even harder. It triggers him hard.

Its not until Lois comes in (remember, the same Lois fucking mexican Flash told him was "the key") and a) shows concern for him, establishing Superman's earthly connection and b) establishes the connection between Martha and Superman's mom, sending the message home even clearer for Bruce.

It wasn't Martha that made him stop, it was Lois.
>>
File: POTTERY.jpg (27KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
POTTERY.jpg
27KB, 500x362px
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.