[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Marvel doing more IN SPACE with Ragnarok and GOTG2 >still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: annihilation_vol_1.jpg (2MB, 2595x1000px) Image search: [Google]
annihilation_vol_1.jpg
2MB, 2595x1000px
>Marvel doing more IN SPACE with Ragnarok and GOTG2
>still never going to be able to make Annihilation

Kill me now
>>
>>91444354
fuck you Fox. You can keep the X-men but give the F4 back
>>
>>91444354
people are always praising DnA for their cosmic work but I gotta say i think it was Giffen that made it amazing, their stuff just felt like it was trying to recapture the magic he made.
Giffen even showed them up with the Star-Lord mini that basically created the Guardians
>>
>>91444470
Giffen's work on the main series was super good but that Nova run is top-tier

Shit I just really loved this crossover on all fronts
>>
File: Annihilation Conquest 02.jpg (264KB, 1280x1332px) Image search: [Google]
Annihilation Conquest 02.jpg
264KB, 1280x1332px
>>91444470
Personally, I always felt the big divide is that Annihilation was both a very straightforward story that managed to balance big stakes with strong character cores, and a relatively quick, easy to read jump-start for Cosmic Marvel.
DnA's Cosmic run, meanwhile, was far more wide-reaching, both in terms of characters and of genres involved. And sometimes that wide berth played in their favor, and other times it diluted events or story beats. It's more scattered and sometimes less focused.
That said, I do love both runs for what they are and what they bring to the table. Giffen's Annihilation and Star-Lord minis are hugely enjoyable, but I found DnA's character-focused stuff a lot more compelling and memorable. It's all good in their own ways.
>>
File: Annihilation5008.jpg~original.jpg (67KB, 511x800px) Image search: [Google]
Annihilation5008.jpg~original.jpg
67KB, 511x800px
Best boy
>>
>>91444470
I agree. Everyone keeps praising DnA, which is good, but Giffen is the one who started it all and provided the foundation for the whole setting.
>>
File: Silver Surfer - HERALD MY RAGE.jpg (821KB, 2560x1921px) Image search: [Google]
Silver Surfer - HERALD MY RAGE.jpg
821KB, 2560x1921px
>>91444659
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMLFvZMqvQQ
>>
There'd honestly be no point. There's a ton of stories you'd have to do first.
Not to mention that it would be heavily altered due to half the characters belonging to Fox/Sony. It could happen, just not the way you want it to.
>>
>>91444723
man i loved that drax mini
>>
>>91444618
DnA's stuff just felt really aimless, and the fact that they had to make Nova tie in to other events didn't really help. they needed a clear focus, some sort of overarching theme. it just felt like the characters were going from event to event
>>
File: Annihilation 02.jpg (240KB, 700x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Annihilation 02.jpg
240KB, 700x1005px
>>91444856
Thing is, to me it was the characters who provided that overarching theme. Nova's reluctance to put people in the line of fire without proper preparation, Star-Lord's guilt and drive to do whatever necessary to protect the universe, Warlock trying to balance acting several planes beyond everyone else with being on a team, and so on. The problems for me started when the large cosmic cast became too unwieldy and there just wasn't enough room for everyone to get their arcs in, so you end up with stuff like the Sphinx arc in Nova or half of War of Kings. Aimless, meandering stuff that peters out in the end.
Giffen benefited from having one very clear, very straightforward plot. DnA tried to do both character-driven and event-driven stories at the same time, and the former got lost in the latter. But when their characters got to shine, to me they shone brighter than anything.
>>
>>91444755
oh cool, I never knew this existed. The only Marvel song I know is The Wolverine by Entombed
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.