[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come this show barely gets threads? I think it's an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: 140414mag-clarence1.jpg (60KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
140414mag-clarence1.jpg
60KB, 640x440px
How come this show barely gets threads? I think it's an awesome show and it really reminds you of your childhood
>>
Because not allot of people gave it its fair chance
>>
>>91442614

>really reminds you of your childhood

I was not autistic, cynical with two mother or the son of a redneck
>>
>>91442912
It's the things that Clarence does in his life that reminds you of your childhood
>>
File: 161119103439280.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
161119103439280.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
New episodes fuel discussion and it's been like 6 weeks since the last one.
>>
>>91442614
I started watching this last Summer after dismissing it initially, and I was surprised by how sweet it was. My conclusion is that most people (myself included) judged it on the art style.
>>
>>91442981
I spent my childhood at home, playing video games and "flaming" on php forums.
>>
Never really sat down to watch it. Only episodes I've ever seen were fart cactus, which I loved, and the one with the old neighbor that had dementia... that episode made me sad.

From what I understand the show would really benefit from keeping with the comfy and relatable atmosphere and being a little less random XD.
>>
>>91442614
It's weird. He looks a lot like Steven Universe but I still think he's less ugly than Steven.
>>
>>91443252
>>91443466
Are these two sister episodes or something?
>>
File: Goku BLACK.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Goku BLACK.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>91442981
>It's the things that Clarence does in his life that reminds you of your childhood
Like being an annoying piece of shit able to get away with everything no matter what? Yeah, no. Everything what Clarence does is unrealistic because there are not consequences and he is always right. That isn't "childhood". Zumo is a great character tho. That is a real kid.
>>
>>91443532
No. Fart cactus is a play on censorship and the Neighbor with dementia one reminds me of my grandma. She passed last year.
>>
>>91442912
i know but for some reason it reminds me of it anyway. my upbringing was nothing like this, but somehow.. it's.. just familiar. i guess i knew a lot of fuckups like clarence and jeff and sumo. but I was more like the friend character on life with louie. tall and cool hair and just chill and not a very interesting character for a cartoon.
>>
>>91443029
the problem is they always leak, so we arent talking about them all together at once, but instead separately as we watch the leaks
>>
>>91443739
sumo never has consequences either. little fucker stubbornly does what he wants, and his dad actually respects him for it instead of whupping his ass
honestly i think this show is going to go down in history as the modern equivalent of like, those 50s sitcoms that portrayed family life as idyllic when supposedly in real life it was usually shit and crummy and violent, or so I'm told by progressives.

because like, everything about the school and the parents and everything is so damned tolerant and patient with the kids. it sort of feels like it's meant to represent the 80s-90s, but that's only because the overall feel is less "we're terrified for our kids 24/7" and they're allowed to do just anything and not be in trouble. like the teacher still seems overly sensitive like real public school teachers, but then never hands out any punishment
>>
>>91442614
Because it doesn't outright suck, but isn't good enough to become a guilty pleasure.
If this board doesn't talk about a show, that probably means that it's right in that sweet spot of not too good, not too bad.
>>
>>91444015
>little fucker stubbornly does what he wants
And he is harmless. Compare him to Clarence. Clarence can destroy his house and breaks his mom's bf legs and it's fine because LOL Clarence!
>>
>>91442614
We had a decent one yesterday. Unfortunately, as nuanced as Clarence is there really isn't much to talk about. >>91443951 also has a good point.

I guess it's worth mentioning that we finally see Damien in the latest episode. It's pretty unlikely that Damien's Clarence's biological father which suggests that he probably left early enough in Clarence's life that he wouldn't remember (which was already suggested anyway). The joke about him falling into religion was pretty funny and subtle too - the clerical collar he's wearing is also known as a "dog collar" which oddly sort of fits in with the themes of the episode.
>>
The Season 3 premiere put Sumo and Gilben in another school. Spencer Rothbell also continues to hype the hell outta these upcoming episodes on Twitter (story experiments, new and old characters, etc.) He's also revealed that there will indeed be a "proper finale". What do you guys think they'll pull off in this final season?

I'm personally hoping for:

>more insight on the West Aberdale students

>more focus on Sumo's family, beyond just his father and two older brothers (preferably his mother and only sister)

>interesting ways to play around with Jeff and Clarence over at Aberdale Elementary (with more students getting screen-time due to Sumo's absence)

>more of Aberdale Elementary's principal

>more Ms. Baker and Cynthia Noles

>Joshua getting a meaningful, stable job by the end of the series
>>
File: asshots.png (127KB, 463x314px) Image search: [Google]
asshots.png
127KB, 463x314px
/co/ sure is loving its ass shots
>>
>>91444569
Yea, it's been a degenerate board for years. Every future Samurai Jack thread will be fucked up by ass pics

Clarence had this issue too with Mary and a few others, but the people posting that stuff fucked away
>>
>>91442614
>why aren't people talking about this show that is never ever on the air

Gee, i wonder
>>
>>91443375
Ah, so you were Belson as a kid.
>>
File: tumblr_ohqva0bIwZ1sgpajbo1_1280.jpg (332KB, 1200x780px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohqva0bIwZ1sgpajbo1_1280.jpg
332KB, 1200x780px
>>91444505
>more focus on Sumo's family, beyond just his father and two older brothers (preferably his mother and only sister)

I like that one. I want that one, anon.
>>
I have to say my favorite episode is Dullance. I like how it starts with the ending of some adventure we never saw even with early credits. Then it's just Clarence being tired and not wanting to do anything. With everyone bugging him for help for things that could be episodes by themselves. Like how he just tries to avoid everyone.

Plus some of the music isn't bad. The Mountain Lion scene was both beautiful yet bizarre.
https://youtu.be/s52Q9bW-bIg
>>
>>91442614
Because nobody wants to relate to an ugly disgusting main character. That's why Steven has been getting more moeish as time has passed.

It's a shame, a good part of the episodes are actually fun
>>
File: 1427568894909.png (831KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1427568894909.png
831KB, 1280x720px
I love Clarence. I'll watch it right now thanks to this thread.
>>
>>91442614
No idea, but it was a pretty fun show.
>>
>>91442614
1. It's too good
2. It's too pure
3. It's too well written
Wish it had better visuals as I love khuman designs in Clarence- Each person is really unique.
>>
>>91447337
My favorite is the one where they think Aliens came.
>Sumo almost get /ss/
>>
>>91442614
speak for yourself you autist.
>>
>>91442614
Because episodic shows that /co/ generally likes don't often get threads.
>>
>>91442614
I like it but what is there to talk about?

I want to fuck Mary
>>
>>91442614
It does not remind me of my childhood.
>>
it's a really fun show and i love how they captured how the kids would see the world
>>
>>91442614
because the boys are cute on the inside, not on the outside.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.