[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have to write a series about Jonah Jameson. How do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

You have to write a series about Jonah Jameson. How do you pull it off?
>>
>>91440964
Make him the new Black Panther
>>
Turn him into the new America Chavez
>>
Kind of tough since his job is mostly office work.
>>
>>91440964
Show focus on him, he gets in the middle of a big scoop, and a lot of people try to kill him, several marvel heroes get in and out but never long enough to obfuscate the psychological trill of being a human with no combat experience being hunted by all criminals.
Something like powerless, but taking it more seriously.
>>
>>91440964
Series about a Young Jonah Jameson as a cub reporter blowing the the lid off of police corruption and their ties with the mob causing him to form the Bugle when he gets no support from his publisher
>>
>>91440964
Have it be a mock-noir setting when he's younger, and he's trying to get the scoop of a lifetime by unraveling Kingpin's earliest network, but just when he's about to crack it an early mutant superhero appears, destroys all the evidence in his climactic battle while JJJ tries to just survive the collateral damage, and when he realizes he has no proof of Kingpin's crimes he vows to stop each and every mutant that works on his turf. Of course, when he realizes that he couldn't ever fight one of them, he resolves to do the next best thing for the rest of his life:

Smear campaigns.
>>
>>91441249
I was thinking of the same, but a mini series with him remembering different eras a memoir.

Him in high school running the paper and hating on police corruption and talking about Captain America, then college where he studies while the Vietnam War is going on, has to deal with hippies and people calling him a coward for not going, but he focus on the mutant problem and conspiracy as he truly believes he can make a difference, then his first job, dealing with mobsters and kingpin, the day the fantastic four appeared and Ñam or attacked, etc.

Pretty much his point of view of differebt eras with some nostalgia Googles and lies from his part in the middle.
>>
>>91440964
Someone attempts to buy out the paper and is willing to use less than legal means to make it happen J.J. has to try to uncover who is really behind the scenes of this corporate takeover
Meanwhile you cut back to a young Jameson on one of his first big stories attempting to break a story of some politicians ties to organized crime

Both these tales collide when you find out that the crook JJ almost managed to put away is behind the the buyout of the paper, he's out to ruin Jameson for ruining him years before
>>
Has he written an autobiography? If not, have a ghost writer interview him to use as a framing device. Show him contantly trying to get to the truth but something always gets in his way. He gradually becomes disillusioned and just wants to sell papers.
>>
>>91440964
>JJJ has hired one of the most renowned biographers to begin working on his memoirs.
>Guy sends his assistant to begin compiling notes on JJJ
>JJJ is weirded out by the change and begins trying to figure out if this assistant is really some C-level villain—OR EVEN SPIDER-MAN HIMSELF.
>Still can't help but talk about himself, glossing over the really weird stuff like his son being Man-Wolf or the time or how he's occasionally dealt with knowing there are alternate reality versions of himself.
>>
>>91440964
I'd maintain my professional integrity and ask for a different assignment, and suggest to my editor to give the task to someone who cares about the character, and thus would do a far better job.
>>
>>91440964
Have it be like the journalist arc from season 5 of The Wire, except good. And no Templeton.
>>
File: 1436749397185.jpg (42KB, 400x459px) Image search: [Google]
1436749397185.jpg
42KB, 400x459px
>>91440964
>Journalism degrees
>Going to college for this in Current Year+1
o i am kekkin
>>
>>91440964
This image is going to be very useful next time someone posts clickbait.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (88KB, 833x574px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
88KB, 833x574px
>>91440964

MOTHERFUCKING JIGSAW JAMESON

A favorite episode of mine from the 90s cartoon. When Robbie is framed, JJJ becomes a pulp detective and comes across literally old flames and enemies. Put some Gotham Central and mix it with the Pulse and wrap it in some nice noir wrapping.
>>
>>91440964
Multiple stories at different times in his life and are thematically tied into each other.
One is him starting out as a reporter doing a story which ends up taking down a crime lord and inadvertently leads to Wilson Fisk taking power.
One is him as a publisher and is focused on his mutant rights activism. It includes a bit where Fisk and Jameson meet each other at a fundraiser.
Third part is a political drama about his time as Mayor of New York and is mostly about him working to take down super-crime, particularly the mobster types who can afford lobbyists to push policies in their favor.
Final bit is present day with his new news outlet and is about him putting together all the information he's been gathering since first encountering Fisk and realizing what he caused. He manages to release information that results in the seizing of dozens of shell companies, billions of dollars, and the convictions of over a thousand people associated with Fisk's criminal activities.
>>
>JJJ vs the Marvel Universe!
>No longer the Mayor, his life in tatters, and Spider-Man stole his pizza.
>Enough, is enough!
>Empowered by the JJJ's of the multiverse, he has now become Triple J!
>With the power to rewrite reality as he sees fit, he will now enforce true justice, by any means necessary.
>>
>>91440964
1. Establish *when* this story is taking place.
JJJ wasn't born needing pictures, pictures of Spider-Man. How about how he achieved his role as an editor and publisher? He started somewhere. Young JJJ, graduating high school, going into journalism by chasing the stories of his youth?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.