[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jack's art style looks like something a gifted 5 year old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: HACK.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
HACK.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
Jack's art style looks like something a gifted 5 year old would come up with. The blocky shapes do NOT lend themselves well to action scenes. They come across as stiff and impactful. It doesn't help that Genndy insists on using cheap stock sounds that take you out of the scene.
As far as the story goes, Genndy is a hack. He can barely remember the storyline of the first 4 seasons. He relies on over used tropes and digital scenery to make up for the puddle deep plot.
>>
>>91438064
>first three episodes
>everyone declares Genndy god of animation
>adult swim doesn't air SJ on April 4th
>everyone loses their collective shit and wages war against Rick and Morty
>Episode 4 airs
>"Samurai Jack was never good."
>"Genndy is a hack."
>"There's a woman in the show, so they're pandering to the SJW audience."

I seriously hope this is bait.
>>
File: 1457031855524.png (213KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
1457031855524.png
213KB, 442x341px
>>91438064
8/10, OP. Could've done with more tired memes.
>>
>>91438170
>I seriously hope this is bait.
It's likely 85% bait, 15% genuine.
>>
>This memepasta again.
>>
Jack's art style is just a contemporary take on the old "Cartoon modern" style. I think it has some charm to it.

>tfw I always thought his name was "Gennidy" for some reason
>>
>>91438170
Im sure people actually believe this
>>
>>91439262
The missing vowel is unusual, so it's not just you. AFAIK the usual name is spelled with an 'a' though.
>>
File: 1490977747845.png (146KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1490977747845.png
146KB, 554x439px
>>91438064
Genndy is a hack that can barely remember his own show's storyline. He relies on tropes and scenery to cover for the bad plot and flintstones tier animation.
I can't fathom why samurai jack fans parade jack around as some kind of mature, deep masterpiece. Even as a kid I knew the show was shallow.
Don't get me wrong I liked the show in the same way I liked dexters lab, it was a fun time waster for a kid. As soon as I discovered anime it became apparent how shallow jack was. If you compare it to any serious anime you'll know what I mean. The fight scenes were ruined by the stiff animation and serious moments were ruined by cheap stock sounds and obnoxious voice acting.
The revival has taken on a more serious tone, but still suffers from the same problems. The animation is cheap and riddled with errors, the sound effects are stock and the writing is subpar. Compare Jack to berserk, it's clear that Jack is nowhere near that quality.
How anyone could be sad about episode 4 being delayed is beyond me, I don't understand how anyone could put this show on a pedestal. I guess that speaks more about the dry spell of good cartoons in the west than it does them though.
>>
File: The mercenaries survived.jpg (201KB, 1292x1011px) Image search: [Google]
The mercenaries survived.jpg
201KB, 1292x1011px
Remember: Jack never killed them.
>>
>>91439262
>Jack's art style is just a contemporary take on the old "Cartoon modern" style.

Yeah, this. Craig Kellman, who helped design the look for the show, was heavily inspired by Toot Whistle Plunk and Boom, and they mixed that style together with a film Genndy really liked as a child called The Little Prince vs the Eight Headed Dragon
>>
>>91439634
This copypasta works even better than it did before now that we've seen what episode 4 turned into.

That's a quality copypasta you've got there.
>>
>>91438064
I saw you in the other thread, this is a pasta now, innit?
>>
>>91440506
>this is a pasta now, innit?
Yeah
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.