[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Shazam the most unfortunate superhero in existence? >gets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (333KB, 900x1402px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
333KB, 900x1402px
Is Shazam the most unfortunate superhero in existence?

>gets his popularity stolen by superman
>gets his powers taken by superman along with it

>His Ancient Greek mythology is dominated by Wonder Woman so his Ancient Greek ties never get explored

>gets his original name of Captain Marvel taken by Marvel

>can never have a meaningful relationship because he's both a kid, and an adult, if he dates a girl everyone thinks he's a pedo, if he dates a woman it's creepy as hell too
>>
Don't forget his movie's being shelved in favor of a Black Adam movie.
>>
>can never have a meaningful relationship because he's both a kid, and an adult, if he dates a girl everyone thinks he's a pedo, if he dates a woman it's creepy as hell too

No this part was dumb. He can just date untransformed.
>>
>>91432626
Hard to keep his secret identity if he wants to date another superhero like Stargirl
>>
>>91432529
>>gets his popularity stolen by superman

Never happened, superman was more popular, captain marvel did outsold superman for a few months
>>gets his powers taken by superman along with it
Nope
>>His Ancient Greek mythology is dominated by Wonder Woman so his Ancient Greek ties never get explored

War of the Gods, also, he also had ROMAN gods.

>>gets his original name of Captain Marvel taken by Marvel
Ok.
>>can never have a meaningful relationship because he's both a kid, and an adult, if he dates a girl everyone thinks he's a pedo, if he dates a woman it's creepy as hell too
Not important
Fuck you, don't pretend you care about the character when you call him Shazam and the name of the picture is image. Fuck you and fuck Johns.
>>
>>91432708
Superman did steal shazams powers.

At the time they were both one upping each other, Shazam flew first and superman did so soon after
>>
>>91432653
They can just go on dates in other places. It's not hard to work within and just forced drama shit that they had to break up.
>>
>>91432760
Superman flew because it was easier to animate on the cartoon
>>
>>91432708
>Fuck you, don't pretend you care about the character when you call him Shazam and the name of the picture is image. Fuck you and fuck Johns.

Now THIS is autism
>>
>>91432653
she can take him to Chuck E Cheese
>>
>>91432760
>Superman did steal shazams powers.

Namor flied too, i really hate when wikiniggers pretend to know about the character.

>>91432856
Let's change suprman name to Overman and make him grew up in new york and let see if you like it.
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 652x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 652x1024px
>>91432812
Shazam would get lynched for being a pedo
>>
>>91432708
>Fuck you and fuck Johns.
>5 years later
>still salty about NuShazam
Your tears are more delicious than you could ever imagine.
>>
>>91432931
>Shazam would get lynched for being a pedo

In the picture there's no Shazam and stargirl is over 16

>>91432983
5 years later and johnsfags still defend him, even when it's clear that it was a shallow movie pitch and we got NOTHING not even a mini of this billy
>>
>>91432931
How would he if Billy is dating Courtney? He doesn't need to spend time with her transformed. It's bullshit.

No one is going to stay shit if Courtney tell them she has a normie bf that she doesn't bring to headquarters.
>>
>>91433047
It has nothing to do with being a Johnsfag. It was a good story with an interesting new take on the character. It was all worth it just for his bromance with Cyborg in JL. Just because DC never greenlit a mini-series or ongoing doesn't cheapen the character. Oh, his one-shot was also the best thing about Darkseid War.
>>
>>91433047
It does make sense from a certain point of view.
I mean it was basically a "his name is Link NOT ZELDA" situation when it came to fans correcting casuals for decades.
And here they have this big reboot where they can brush away all these small problems from before and they think "maybe we should change this too".

Should they have checked with fans on the idea like some kinda survey? Maybe idk they'd prolly end up with tons of responses nostalgiafags refusing change of any kind so asking them in a survey is pointless.
Should they have kept him as Capt Marvel? They still sorta did with alt Earths so it is still alive that way.

Really I'm more surprised at people being butthurt by Shazam namechange but Alan Scott was changed from a homophobic WW2 vet to a young gay man and practically nobody bat an eye.
>>
>>91433182
>Just because DC never greenlit

More lik Johns blocked other writers, his relationship with Cyborg (another fuck up) was there just to make cyborg look cool. Darkseid War was absolute shit so it's hardly a feat.

>>91433222
Captain thunder was always the fan choice.o

Fans were already mad during the Freddy Shazam time
>>
>>91432857
KEK
>>
>>91432529
Shazam is the wizard.
>>
>>91434524
this
>>
File: 1403686570776.jpg (756KB, 1193x1834px) Image search: [Google]
1403686570776.jpg
756KB, 1193x1834px
>>91432529

He's primed for a comeback whenever Johns gets to it.

>bro with cyborg
>older teen that's a jerk but lovable
>darkseid's dad is his new source of power

I hope they pick up right where the Darkseid War one shot left off. I think this whole rebirth thing has sidetracked things a bit. We'll just wait until they make room for him. It took a while but Cyborg got his ongoing last year so the Big Cheese should be next.
>>
>>91435049
xD
>>
>>91432529
Nah, he kind of deserves it on account of his fans being assholes.
>>
>>91432931
Or he could have just untransformed and shown his identiy. It isn't fucking rocket science.
>>
>>91432529
Reminder that it's literally all DC's fault
>>
>>91433508
You got anyone mentioning Johns block or you just assuming?
>>
>>91435353
Technically it is also Marvel and casual reader's fault.
The reason the comic title was SHAZAM was cause Marvel grabbed the copyright and kept making Capt Marvel characters to keep the trademark up.
And casual readers would assume the title was named after the main character (in a Zelda type mistake).
>>
>>91435049
>>darkseid's dad is his new source of power
Wait when did this happen?
>>
>>91435211
Are they? I don't think that I ever meet one before and I doubt it that they are worse than "not muh Superman" fans.
>>
>>91435049
>whenever Johns gets to it.
which is never, he's left comics for movies. He'll do the occasional shittery like Rebirth Special and throw some plots at people to do, but that's it. If he wanted to do Shazam he would've done it by now... it's been fucking years and his window of opportunity has passed.

>I hope they pick up right where the Darkseid War one shot left off.

Eww

>If a Shazam series is coming in Wave 3 there's a strong possibility it'll be by Waid

double eww
>>
>>91432605
>first post is about movies
nuke this board
>>
>>91435566
Darkseid War.
Got disconnected from his usual gods, and so went on a quest and gained a whole new pantheon.
I remember it including the fire god from Mars and some other crazy but cool choices.
>>
>>91435643
I thought that was a temp thing and got his old powers back soon after.

What has Shazam been up to since Darkseid War? I stopped reading DC after that time.
>>
File: Eric_andre_dying.gif (333KB, 375x286px) Image search: [Google]
Eric_andre_dying.gif
333KB, 375x286px
I just want someone to continue ThunderWorld adventures where Morrison left off

I would be ok with nuCaptainMarvel alongside that as long as I get an Earth-5 ongoing
>>
>>91435738
At the end of Darkseid War Earth-3 superwoman finally gave birth to her child, who had the power stealing ability just like Alexander Luthor from forever Evil.
The baby was used to steal the god powers from most of the cast, including Shazam if I remember right.
Darkseid War was kinda weird and dissapointing, which is weird cause it seems like the kind of big crazy event I should love.

Shazam hasn't really been around since after that, cause then Convergence and Superman dying and Rebirth and other stuff happened. Shazam just fell off the radar and not thought about.
>>
>>91435816
DC is still doing the digital stuff like Batman 66 or Wonder Woman 77 or Bombshells, right?

Maybe they'll make a digital Capt Marvel series with simple 1-2 issue stories.
>>
>>91435643
Thing is, he didn't had gods until that issue, it was a soft retcon
>>
>>91435513
Marvel could have never claimed the trademark if DC hadn't fucked Fawcett out of existence. THEN DC decides they want to have their cake and eat it too.

It is directly DC's fault.
>>
>>91435965

The problem with Darkseid War was that it had a great premise with bad execution. The first half and the one shots were great. The rest not so much. Overall not a bad event but it's no Forever Evil.
>>
>>91435452
He literally blocked Morrison twice. Once before new52 was a marvel family book by Morrison, Waid and Simone, that DC choose to decline in favor of Johns new take on the character in new52, and the second time was Morrison wanting to do something with the character post new52, that ended up being thunderworld but was also rejected. Thing is there's a lot of movie when it comes to adaptations, and Johns being an executive, cco, consultant and the bitch boy of Warner since his donner days he has priority, he wanted Curse of Shazam to be a movie (that's why it had the diversity kids, got rid of the gods to make it murrikan friendly even though it wasnt needed, etc) so the less influence of others the biggest the cut he gets, it's the same reason his take on the gl movie was just introduce elements for an eventual sinestro corps movie, or why he took the writing role on the batman movie, there's money involved but I'm sure is not just greed, is more of a ego thing.
>>
>>91436746
>if DC hadn't fucked Fawcett out of existence

False, nothing indicates Fawcett could had survived until the silver age
>>
>>91432529

Did I get drunk and post this thread earlier? I swear I've said the exact same things here before.

Captain Marvel is doubly-screwed existing within the DC universe by being overshadowed by Supes and Wondy for the very reasons mentioned. I love the character when he is off in Earth-S but he is worthless on Earth-1.

And I've always said the character will be hindered until something his done with the issue of "what does Wisdom of Solomon mean when granted to a child?" Writers want to make him be this superhuman piloted by a child's brain but it just doesn't work, you're left with a very childlike, naive character that makes no sense possessing super-wisdom.

I don't give a shit about the Captain Marvel naming issue. Shazam is a goofy replacement IMO, would rather see him adopt "Captain Thunder" (a la the parody character Supes fought before DC bought the rights) or even "Thunder" by itself.
>>
>>91437164
>Shazam is a goofy replacement

It destroyed a character to give the name to bily, the issue is that among CAPTAIN MARVEL fans i had never seen one single person hating on the captain thunder alternative no onee would be glad, but no one would had hate it as much a shazam
>>
>>91433508

You have mental health issues don't you....
>>
>>91437413
>Im not the fanboy here
>>
>>91437033
Well we'll never know because of DC now will we?
>>
>>91435339
Wisdom of Solomon prevented him from revealing his identity to people
>>
>>91437696
Ignore it. Its a free loader power of his anyways that doesn't contribute anywhere else.
>>
Johns' comic isn't offensively bad, but it isn't a great starting point for the character either, as it strips a lot of the core of the character, for the sake of trying to be cinematic. Power of Shazam was a much better origin story, and much more reflective of the character's history while Curse just felt like a movie pitch.
>>
Did Superman know Shazam was a child when he killed him?
>>
>>91432529
That one issue of Multiversity using the Marvel family?

That should be Captain Marvel/Shazam Rebirth. Same artist too.

It would be on par, if not better than Tomasi's Superman.
>>
>>91433182
Green Lantern's one-shot was the best thing in Darkseid War.

>>91439874
Why didn't they just give Tomasi a Shazam series? He seems to love writing about kids and cheesy superhero stuff, seems like a good fit.
>>
>>91440507
How many times do you guys need someone to repeat it?
Johns cucked others, he isn't letting others play with Billy at least he ie sure he is getting control of the movie.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.