/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DD S1 > DD S2 > Luke Cage > Iron Fist > Jessica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

File: netflixmcu.jpg (33KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
netflixmcu.jpg
33KB, 600x300px
DD S1 > DD S2 > Luke Cage > Iron Fist > Jessica Jones

Discuss.
>>
>>91431169
DD S1 > first half of DD S2 > Jessica Jones > Luke Cage > second half of DD S2 > Iron Fist
>>
REEEEEEEEE STOP POSTING ORSON WHEN YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT DANNY
>>
>>91431169
Luke Cage > Jessica Jones > DD S2 > DD S1 = Iron Fist
>>
File: 3216221-9355838339-maxre.jpg (277KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
3216221-9355838339-maxre.jpg
277KB, 960x1280px
>>91431272
This
>>
>>91431169
JJ = DD S2 > DDS1 > IF > LC

Anything below DD2 only had enough interesting things for a series half the length it actually was
>>
Fine
DD 2 first half > DD > JJ > Second half of DD 2 >Iron Fist > LC
>>
>>91431169
Accurate.
>>
File: 1486709879292.gif (691KB, 255x209px) Image search: [Google]
1486709879292.gif
691KB, 255x209px
DD S1 > DD S2 > JJ = LC > IF

Daredevil has been consistently good, although the finale of the first season and the Punisher stuff in S2 were outstanding.

Jessica Jones started off strong and should have ended around episode 7-ish. It fizzled out near the end and got repetitive.

Luke Cage was solid and had a great soundtrack. Started to fizzle out after Cottonmouth died.

Iron Fist was mediocre as fuck. Danny sucks.
>>
File: punisher_121127.jpg (18KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
punisher_121127.jpg
18KB, 600x300px
Punisher/Kingpin focused parts of DDS2 > DDS1 > Luke Cage > DDS2 > Iron Fist >>>>> Jessica Jones
>>
>>91431512
Jessica Jones had "we caught the villain oh no he escaped" SEVERAL TIMES. How the fuck do you consider it as having enough content for a full series, but not Daredevil S1?
>>
>>91432366
The purple man is by far the best character in these shows (probably even the movies). If you notice the plan was never to kill him ( because they need him alive to prove hopes innocence) but after he kills hope she does kill him (that is why they waited to kill him till the end). The flow of jessica jones was much better than the other series but I guess you had to be paying better attention to get it.
>>
>>91431272
They've been doing this shit since a series was announced!
>>
>>91432467
>is by far the best character
You mean, the worst.
>y-you just don't get it
No, it's just shit and makes him even more of a joke than he already is.
>>
>>91432552
>I provide the reason they didnt kill him immediatly (which you obviously did get)
>you lash out in a fit of autist rage
It's cool if you don't understand something dude, but you dont have to be an ass about you're inability to understand basic things
>>
>>91432615
>obviously didnt get*
>>
>>91432615
>It's cool if you don't understand something dude, but you dont have to be an ass about you're inability to understand basic things

You just killed 90% of post made in /co/, /v/, and /tv/.
>>
>>91431169
I enjoyed all of Iron Fist more than I did the second half of Luke Cage and the entirety of Jessica Jones. So I'll rank it higher up than Luke Cage. I felt that people saying that Iron Fist was slow moving were full of shit. I enjoyed all of Danny's interactions with the Meachums. The twist with Colleen was nice. Claire was a drag on Iron Fist but I won't rank down IF because of it, she's in all of the shows and she hasn't been good since Daredevil Season 1

DD S1 > DD S2 > IF > LC > JJ
>>
>>91432615
I know the reason why they didn't kill him you fucking moron. It's spelled out for idiots like you because, nothing on your shitty show is even remotely subtle or intelligent.
I'm just calling you an idiot for having shit taste and defending shitty decisions to make the main villain as unthreatening as possible.

> inability to understand basic things
Oh, the irony here
>>
DDS1 was the strongest, but the finale was a weak attempt to hive Matt a victory after Fisk had already been defeated by other means.

Jessica Jones was enjoyable but the plot kept shifting direction way too many times.

DDS2 started amazing but got absolutely retarded in the last third.

Haven't watched Luke Cage. Have no intention of watching Iron Fist.
>>
File: IMG_1366.gif (839KB, 350x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1366.gif
839KB, 350x230px
>>91432714
Sorry I hurt your feeling. If you need me to explain something else just ask.
>>
>>91432467
I just don't know how you could consider several episodes of "We've totally got him this time. Surely we'll be able to keep him contained." to be acceptable for a 13 episode show, but Luke Cage's mid-season antagonist switch wasn't.
>>
>>91432822
No need to. I'm not a Jessica Jones fan, ie not a braindead idiot who needs everything hammered down my throat with epic exposition like "she's the living embodiment of your guilt" or establishing that Kilgrave is a scumbag three fucking times during a police station scene because doing that just one time could've been too subtle and intelligent for the audience.
>>
>>91431169
Punisher was the best thing about all of it so far.
>>
>>91431272
This desu
>>
>>91431169
DD S1 > DD S2 > IF > JJ > LC
>>
>>91431169
Dd2>dd1>JJ>ironfist>Luke cage
>>
>>91431169
DD1>DD2 Punisher/Fisk parts > JJ > LC > IF > DD2 rest
>>
>>91431169
LC>DD2>DD1>JJ>IF

I ranked them based on their best bits and not the worst, since I care about those more.
>>
I like Jessica Jones because it tried to make something interesting. Not that it doesn't have lots of dumb, but at least something interesting was going on. Daredevil had fun action, but ultimately didn't have any interesting plot development. I couldn't make it through episode 1 of Luke Cage and still haven't tried Iron Fist.
>>
File: OnePunchMan-Eh.png (20KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
OnePunchMan-Eh.png
20KB, 200x200px
>>91433801
>Daredevil had fun action, but ultimately didn't have any interesting plot development.
I mean, if that's your opinion.
>>
First four episodes of DD S2 > Jessica Jones > DD S1 = Luke Cage > The rest of DD S2 = Iron Fist
>>
>>91431169
This is accurate.
>>
>>91432467
>The purple man is by far the best character in these shows
Only in a few episodes. He's very hit or miss, mostly miss after he's been captured multiple times.
>but after he kills hope
He doesn't, though.
>she does kill him
In the most anti-climactic scene I've ever seen.
After the most stupid "oh I guess his powers don't work on me anymore lol" way of making it possible.

>The flow of jessica jones was much better than the other series but I guess you had to be paying better attention to get it.
Besides the fact that you've been wrong about what happened in the show, the flow/pacing of JJ was by far its biggest problem.
It's honestly really weird that you'd say this.
>>
>>91432467
>The flow of jessica jones was much better than the other series
You mean the slow lethargic crawl of Jessica Jones? There's no reason that shit couldn't me condensed into a fucking movie, let alone 20 fucking episodes.
>>
>>91432615
>>I provide the reason they didnt kill him immediatly (which you obviously didnt get)
They state why in every single fucking episode.
Stop projecting your own failures on others in order to further a weak argument.
>>
>>91432366
I knew even before the show ended that their plan to prove Killgrave's guilt was naive and dangerous. Trying to effectively incarcerate instead of just killing him risks sooooo many innocent lives. I know Hope got screwed and deserved justice, but even she ended up taking my position here. It was just frustrating watching how long it took Jessica to figure this out. Also, Patsy and all the other "OMG NO KILLING" characters need to shut the fuck up. By letting Killgrave live, you are allowing him to ruin and brutalize more innocents. Period.
>>
DDS2 (Punisher) > DDS1 > LC > JJ > DDS2 (Elektra) > IF
>>
>>91434004
I'll give you one more reason why he's a miss. I know, people love to circlejerk over how great Tennant was in this but after watching Secret Smile where actually played a frighteningly believable sociopath/stalker/rapist/abuser, Purple Man is a fucking terrible performance that may as well be on CW.
>>
>>91434205
>after watching Secret Smile where actually played a frighteningly believable sociopath/stalker/rapist/abuser, Purple Man is a fucking terrible performance
This hurts performance-wise.
>>91434161
>By letting Killgrave live, you are allowing him to ruin and brutalize more innocents. Period.
This hurt plot-wise.

JJ was all over the place.
>>
>>91431169
Daredevil Season 1 was fantastic, great season and satisfying conclusion. Charlie Cox was phenomenal in the role. 8/10

Jessica Jones I also really enjoyed, it was very different from Daredevil but I thought it was a very nice drama/crime thriller type of deal. Also felt like it used its episode count more effectively than any of the other shows, I never felt like I was watching filler. 9/10 for me honestly

DD Season 2 was also great, but the finale was incredibly weak and there was a bit too much filler I felt. Bernthal's Punisher is the highlight obviously but still a very solid season. 7/10

Luke Cage was incredible for 7 episodes, had a unique voice and some great moments. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking but literally the latter 6 episodes were absolute garbage. So 6/10 seems fair.

Haven't watched Iron Fist but heard it's ass.
>>
>>91432807
>Haven't watched Luke Cage.
I really would recommend the first 6/7 episodes, there's a lot of good shit in there. The second half of the season shits the bed unfortunately. I really wish they had either let the showrunners decide length, or gone for like 8-10 episode seasons instead. Not having enough material for the full 13 episodes has been a problem in EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. SHOW.

I wish they went 8 episodes for the individual series, then 10-13 episodes for The Defenders. Would've made a lot more sense.
>>
>>91434725
>Haven't watched Iron Fist but heard it's ass.
Iron Fist is a slowburn, which ended up leading to terrible reviews since the reviewers only gotten the first six episode to watch.
It picks up later on.
>>
>>91431254
First post best post
>>
>>91434812
Does it? From what I've seen of the fight scenes they are absolutely atrocious, which is sort of unforgivable when it was heavily marketed as a kung-fu show about the greatest martial artist around. From what I've seen it's all quick cuts and stunt doubles, which is a real shame coming of Daredevil's consistently excellent choreography.
>>
>>91431169
DD S1 > Luke Cage > JJ = DD S2 > Iron Fist
>>
>>91431169
Will it ever happen? Call me naive but I could totally see Bernthal showing up for an episode of Agents of SHIELD/a Ghost Rider spin-off season.
>>
>>91431169
DD S1 > first half of Luke Cage > Jessica Jones > DD S2 > second half of Luke Cage

Haven't seen Iron First, might be at the bottom
>>
>>91434004
How is him being captured a negative? If anything, it's interesting how having him right where you want him doesn't guarantee you've beaten him
>>
>>91435872
No, it's not interesting in any way.
It's a tedious, tension-removing and contrived way to keep the show going for longer than it should and all it does is show that
A) he's a fucking idiot for walking into most obvious traps
B) everyone drops IQ points around him since they let this idiot escape over and over.
>>
We've gone over comparing the shows enough. Rate the intros.
>>
>>91431169
1st half of DD2 > DD1 > JJ > IF > LC > 2nd half of DD2
>>
>>91436380
Iron Fist has my favorite music but the intro movie itself is shit. i'd say the worse of all the netflix marvel heroes.
>>
>>91434863

>Does it?

It gets better.

That doesn't mean it gets good.

And the finale makes the Luke Cage one look like Breaking Bad by comparison.
>>
>ELDER GOD TIER
Fisk
>CARRIED THE SHOW ON THEIR BACK TIER
Kilgrave, Cottonmouth, Ward
>EVERYONE ELSE TIER
Everyone else
>LITERALLY COTTONMOUTH's ROLE SPLIT INTO TWO PEOPLE AND NEITHER ONE IS AS INTERESTING AS THE MAN HIMSELF TIER
Mariah, Diamondback
>>
>>91438473

>No WHY ARE YOU HERE TIER for Bokuto

That guy was about as threatening as Colin Hanks in Dexter.
>>
>>91436380
Daredevil > POWER GAP > Jessica Jones > Luke Cage > Iron Fist
I might've put Iron Fist on the same level as Luke Cage if it had ended on the giant swirl instead of going on for that little extra.
>>
I clearly remember Kilgrave having a healing factor in the comic, but no one ever brings it up when talking about the show.
Was I imagining things?
Because I don't think I'll be able to take it if he doesn't come back...
>>
>>91431407
what the fuck senpai.
>>
File: IMG_1248.jpg (208KB, 1122x1087px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1248.jpg
208KB, 1122x1087px
>>91438473
>Harold not on the same level as Ward
Vanilla Ice Cream Eater detected.
>>
>>91431169
DDS1>LC>JJ>DDS2>IF
>>
>>91433801
>ultimately didn't have any interesting plot development
If you completely ignore the progression of events and the themes and genuinely likable entertaining characters, then yeah I guess you wouldn't care for the plot.
>>
>>91438473
Add Shades to Carried tier and you've got it. Shades was fucking perfect.
>>
>>91438473
Where is Frank?
>>
>>91438794
>implying Frank is a villain
>>
>>91438822
>Ward was a villain
>>
>>91438845
Antagonist, then.
But he was still the best part of that show.
>>
Luke Cage had probably the best soundtrack of the lot, then again i'm a sucker for some of that blaxploitation music.
>>
>>91432467
>The purple man is by far the best character in these shows

/co/ sure does love it when they have a shallow angry manbaby in a show they can 100% relate to no matter how boringly they actually are written as.
>>
Cottonmouth is hands down the best villain out of the shows. Fight me for them words...
>>
>>91439361
I'm just happy to have an excuse to love David Tennant in something.
I hate his Doctor.
>>
>>91439469
Did you watch Fright Night?
>>
>>91439500
First thing I'm watching when October rolls around.

Also seconding
>>91438613
>>
>>91431254
this
>>
>>91438525
That fucking way he talked too. I just wanted someone to bitchslap him.
>>
>>91434863
>heavily marketed as a Kung-Fu show about the world's greatest martial artist.

It actually wasn't, it was marketed as a drama around a martial artist. What's hampered reviews is people expectations. (Also, I'm sure the "racial controversy" had a percentage in the equation.)
>>
>>91431169
Punisher will > All
>>
>>91438473
>Missing out Gao

Phamily.
>>
>>91431169
This is correct. JJ is pure trash.
>>
>>91440386
I KNEW I was forgetting someone. She'd be great tier.
>>
>>91431169
First 2 minutes of Daredevil S2> Luke Cage being Kimbo Slice in prison>Daredevil S1>Iron Fist> The Concept of Jessica Jones(JUst the overall concept.)>4chan
>>
>>91440386
I loved how little of a fuck she gave about the events of Iron Fist. She just treated everyone like toys to play mind games on when she got bored.
>>
>>91431169
DD S1 > DD S2 >Iron Fist > Jessica Jones> Luke Cage
I know ther's some parts of DD S2 that are better than DD S1 but you can't split the season and just take 3 episodes or just some character parts. JJ only worth 4 Tennant character, but is weird cast to me, maybe if I didn't watch him Dr Who... and Cage is boring
>>
>>91431254
Agreed.
>>
>>91431169
>Orson
LEAVE HIM OUT OF THIS
>>
>>91439444
Kingpin exists
>>
DD and JJ should kiss
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.