[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /co/'s opinion on Rick Veitch? I really like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: rick-for-web.png (147KB, 285x283px) Image search: [Google]
rick-for-web.png
147KB, 285x283px
What's /co/'s opinion on Rick Veitch? I really like his Aquaman run, Brat Pack, and Greyshirt: Indigo Sunset but other than that I'm not really familiar with his work.
>>
File: swamp-thing-65-005.jpg (497KB, 1549x1221px) Image search: [Google]
swamp-thing-65-005.jpg
497KB, 1549x1221px
You should check out his run as writer on Swamp Thing, he takes over the issue after Moore leaves doing writing and pencils
>>
>>91423731
>Brat Pack
It's like Kingdom Come: it's great and you should never look for any of the sequel material because it's depressingly mediocre in comparison. Any and all of his Swamp Thing work (iirc he started as artist while Moore was still writing).

He's sorely underappreciated.
>>
>>91423889
I didn't even know there was a sequel but thanks for the warning. And I'll definitely check out his Swamp Thing run.
>>
>>91423889
>It's like Kingdom Come: it's great and you should never look for any of the sequel material because it's depressingly mediocre in comparison.

I don't know, I actually liked Maximortal more. And the follow-up for both hinted he was going to go further with it but never got around to.
>>
>>91423731
i prefer Joel Veitch
>>
Thoughts on his run on Animal Man?
>That jab at Morrison
>>
>>91424135
Brat Pack actually made me feel ill for a couple of days after I read it. First comic book to ever have that effect on me. Is Maximortal lighter fair or does it up the anter?
>>
>>91424257
I wouldn't exactly say it's lighter fare considering some of the scenes in it.
>>
>>91424193
He didn't write Animal Man, that was his brother Tom (who also wrote Star Wars: Dark Empire and Superman: At Earth's End)
>>
>>91424257
*ante
>>
>>91424135
>I actually liked Maximortal more
OK, let me revise my comment. Brat Pack is a self-contained work that didn't IMO need to be a jumping-off point for a broader universe, esp. considering how fucking bleak it is.

The series is about fresh meat convinced it'll do better than its predecessors and then it goes full Emergence on them with them ending up even worse.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.